DAFC.net
Home 09 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Arbroath
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 10:00

link to highlihghts

Highlights up at 10

John Hughes at Noon

Graham Dorrans at 2pm

from the ParsTV team

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Arbroath
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 10:18

First goal is a joke, how can a professional footballer not sort out his feet from that position? Its not like there`s anyone else in front, the ball is literally passed to him.

Second is a good strike, but all too often this season other teams have been allowed to shoot and reach the goal, whereas other teams have multiple players throwing themselves in harms way.

Third goal just typifies the desire to win between the two teams...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 10:26

Quote:

d3monstrate, Mon 27 Dec 10:18

First goal is a joke, how can a professional footballer not sort out his feet from that position? Its not like there`s anyone else in front, the ball is literally passed to him.

Second is a good strike, but all too often this season other teams have been allowed to shoot and reach the goal, whereas other teams have multiple players throwing themselves in harms way.

Third goal just typifies the desire to win between the two teams...

Arbroath are high on confidence,that`s the desire part.

I thought we looked decent on the ball and created a few half chances, didn`t look like a 3-0 doing. Game might of been different if there wasn`t that howler from Breen.

No lack of effort or commitment from us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 10:37

When we were 1-0 down and had a corner or free kick the player who was going to take the kick walked 20 yards at 2 miles an hour to the ball. No urgency or desire to take the game to Arbroath. We looked like we were wasting time when we were a goal down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 11:17

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 27 Dec 10:37

When we were 1-0 down and had a corner or free kick the player who was going to take the kick walked 20 yards at 2 miles an hour to the ball. No urgency or desire to take the game to Arbroath. We looked like we were wasting time when we were a goal down.

I kinda get that but you need to conserve energy during a 90 minute game. You don`t charge around everywhere like a daftie

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 11:45

I mean all 3 of the goals were horrendous from a defensive point of view. There`s no character to this team at the moment and no clear indication of what we`re trying to accomplish when we start off a move.

First goal Breen just needs to use his right foot and the chances of him not clearing it are extremely slim, 2nd goal is a great finish but he has time to run up to the layoff and then a few players turn away from the ball instead of getting in the way. Third goal nouble is allowed to turn and move down the field then slide a simple pass across for a tap in. This is just a terrible team we have right now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 11:46

When results are poor every single aspect comes under scrutiny and is dissected to explain our problems. That`s not a criticism, just an observation. It`s up to the manager and his coaches to separate the wheat from the chaff and make sure we get the basics right.

I must say I`m a bit disappointed that Yogi hasn`t yet stamped a way of playing on the team that at least makes us difficult to beat. We`ve still got the inconsistency and lack of concentration we had under PG.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:27

I agree wee eck, that result and performance yesterday showed yogi hasn’t brought anything to the team as of yet. There’s no evidence of better organisation or more fight in the team at all and there’s been far more quality on the bench in recent weeks than in the starting 11.

Talk about grant refusing to drop Graham and others after some horror shows, yogi is doing exactly the same with some of these guys.

Yogi came in a talked a good game and about a clean slate for everyone etc but there’s clearly a few who won’t even get a chance. He says it comes down to how players ‘train’ but running about a lot in training doesn’t a football player make.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:38

Now that you`ve agreed with me, Berkey, I`m having second thoughts!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 16:42

2nd goal is an embarrassment. Two seasoned pros turning there back on the ball at the same time instead of throwing themselves in front of it. Unforgivable when you’re in a relegation fight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 17:00

Me too. I expected a good tempo, high press from Yogi’s team. Maybe the problems are more deep rooted than anyone knew
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 18:06

C’mon wee eck, it’s okay to be on the money sometimes ;)

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net