DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kyle Turner
Topic Originator: Gibsianipar  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 09:15

Thoughts?

S Gibson
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kyle Turner
Topic Originator: patricedafc  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 09:24

What about him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 09:51

Appeared to have a bad attitude. May be a good player but these attitudes can bring down a whole team. If he`s learned then I`d welcome him back. If he hasn`t...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 10:40

Decent player, miles better than what we have in midfield. Under contract at partick until summer 23.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 12:58

Is there a point to this post? Not being obnoxious just curious why his name has appeared on here.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 13:48

he`s got 3 times as many assists as Dom Thomas this season playing in a central position so take from that what you will

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 18:11

Quote:

RossDAFC, Fri 31 Dec 13:48

he`s got 3 times as many assists as Dom Thomas this season playing in a central position so take from that what you will

I always liked Kyle Turner. Not sure what happened at the club such that he/the club decided to move on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 20:28

Great wee player, don`t know what happened re him leaving. I will say I thought we had a better midfield when he was with.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 10:16

Quote:

steaua, Fri 31 Dec 20:28

Great wee player, don`t know what happened re him leaving. I will say I thought we had a better midfield when he was with.

Agreed, I don`t know what happened, but I`d have him back no problem. Miles better than any of our duds right now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 10:49

I agree Turner would be a good option to have now but we tend to get too `dewy-eyed` about players who have left. He could disappear for long spells during games and even during the season and he never recaptured the sort of goal-scoring form he showed when first he joined us. He did improve his physicality in his second season though and had a bit of needle about him that we lack at the moment.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jan 10:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 11:17

Personally don`t see the hype for KT. Thought he was average and lightweight like Sean Byrne.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 11:41

Quote:

GG4, Sat 1 Jan 11:17

Personally don`t see the hype for KT. Thought he was average and lightweight like Sean Byrne.

The same player who has played at better teams than us most of the time since he left? Great example
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 14:40

Agree at times in his first season he looked like a boy playing with men but really improved as time went on and always had that needle in him that wee eck referred to which riled the opposition and got the fans going when he got wired in. Not one player in the current team has of that aggression about them.

We need to be fair though as it depended on who he was playing with in the middle of the park. If it was paton in a 442 then turner was always going to struggle in there on his own while paton sat very deep and played sideways as dorrans does just now. Turner in the middle with a defensive minded midfielder with the legs to put himself about would certainly be good enough to compete at this level.

Would I take him back? Absolutely, night and day better than what we have now.

Why did this thread get started? Is there a rumour going about?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 14:55

I liked the Laddie and would have him back Tomorrow

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 15:02

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 1 Jan 14:40
We need to be fair though as it depended on who he was playing with in the middle of the park

I`m intrigued as ever by your midfield musings. So presumably at some point we DID have a midfielder who complimented Turner in order for him to impress you.

(Can you see where I`m going with this?)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 18:55

Turner and someone like bell pre injury would have been very good! Beadling could have been a good partner too. Going back further mason or hardie would have been good too.

Instead in recent years we’ve been treated to such midfield maestros at the peak of their powers such as paton, nat, sheils, Vincent, Blair and now dorrans.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 18:58

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 1 Jan 18:55

Turner and someone like bell pre injury would have been very good! Beadling could have been a good partner too. Going back further mason or hardie would have been good too.

Instead in recent years we’ve been treated to such midfield maestros at the peak of their powers such as paton, nat, sheils, Vincent, Blair and now dorrans.

You`re missing the point. You clearly rate Turner (obviously.....he plays for someone else) but your adamant he needs the right partner. So who has he played with in midfield for us that has enabled him to impress you so much?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 19:29

Whilst Berkey is a broken record, that`s quite simple to answer. Turner was playing beside Whittaker and/or Wilson - neither of whom are available now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 19:45

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sat 1 Jan 19:29

Whilst Berkey is a broken record, that`s quite simple to answer. Turner was playing beside Whittaker and/or Wilson - neither of whom are available now.

Yeah and my point is he didn`t rate either of them either!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 20:05

Whittaker strolled through the games. We barely lost when he played.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 20:43

I remember the 1st Hearts last season when we won 2 - 1. He was fouled loads of times, each time he just smiled and laughed at their players. I thought that he had become very mature. He was a loss.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 08:12

I think that was the start of a good run of games for him. He was excellent in that match.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net