DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Safe Standing Debut
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 12:00

Today sees an important milestone in the campaign to introduce safe standing at major football matches.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59842679

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Safe Standing Debut
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 12:42

Standing was never really the issue anyway. This is definitely an improvement on people standing in seated areas though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 12:50

If our fans wish to stand they just have to go to the North West. Perhaps through time the seats there could be changed to the safe standing ones.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 13:15

Unfortunately not as easy as the seats being changed. Apparently the whole concrete part would have to be redone, RM mentioned it at a PSC meeting a couple of years back. I don’t think it’s a complete no no but probably not top of priority list.

Good to see it becoming more common, even if just with the big clubs. Celtic have a section, Chelsea have changed a lot of seats in sections for safe standing and Spurs have it at their new ground as well. I’m sure there are others but those are the ones off the top of my head.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 14:38

The Celtic fans in that corner of the ground are a disgrace. Did nobody see them pelt the hearts players with coins and bottles in their last match. It was safe for the fans but definitely not the players .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 15:33

If the concrete base needs changed, then more sense for traditional style terracing could be built. Terracing was never against the law in Scotland, just a requirement enforced for the top league. Believe that is gone now, so if Arbroath, QOS or Morton get promoted they do not have to close their terracing. Maybe one day they’ll be terracing but by then I’ll probably want a seat. 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 2 Jan 15:50

Haven’t fans in England been standing all over the place for years anyway!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net