DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yogi is clueless! Ohara, Wighton & Todorov are good enough!
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:08

I’m starting to doubt Yogi massively.

His stubborn nature is sending us further down the league. Ohara and Wighton have scored goals for Dunfermline and looked a good partnership under Crawford, Ohara was second top goal scorer in the league when we sold the top goal scorer! Todorov come with a good reputation playing at this level but yet he chooses to play our worst Striker!

As much as I want McCann to push on, I can’t be the only one that realises he’s out his depth at this level. If Yogi doesn’t fancy Ohara, Wighton or Todorov then he must have some replacement lined up!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yogi is clueless! Ohara, Wighton & Todorov are good enough!
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:17

Lewis McCann has just signed a contract extension until May 2024 👍🏽
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:23

Got to agree with that DR

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:31

Maybe it was a wee kick up the bottom , all three `senior` strikers dropped in favour of McCann. If everyone got a clean slate then maybe he was the most impressive in training ?

O`Hara looked a decent finisher with a bit of pace about him but his hold up play and first touch isn`t great.

Wighton looks the best of the lot in terms of his positional play and runs etc off the ball (in my opinion) but for some reason looks a threat off the bench, has a positive impact and then reverts to almost the opposite when he stsrts a game. Also think you can tell he has had bad injuries in the past as he - at times - looks like he is afraid of getting hurt which i guess is understandable.

Todorov i thought was a good signing at this level as he always caused us problems and gave us a different option and physical presence that the others didn`t bring to the table but for whatever reason ihe has not really kicked on.

Playing up front on your own must be the toughest gig on the pitch at the best of times let alone in a struggling team.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Tue 04 Jan 13:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:32

I`m beginning to think that way too . McCann isn`t the answer

nazpar

Post Edited (Tue 04 Jan 14:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:35

It is frustrating having the 3 of them sitting on the bench most weeks. It`s mainly down to our struggles in midfield and needing to play 4-5-1. As a lone striker, McCann is the best option as he some physical presence and some pace.

I hope we can get a good central midfielder in to help, even if we can`t, to win games we do need to be more positive. I`d have O`Hara beside McCann, his workrate should help out the midfield. Dow and Lawless wide, perhaps on the opposite wings so they naturally drift infield, both full backs overlapping. Two of three from Dorrans/Allan/Pybus need to be able to cope in the centre, ask both of them to sit if need be.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Yogi is clueless! Ohara, Wighton
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:35

It depends on what system Yogi chooses to use.
If it’s just one striker, then there are question marks about all of them.
They have all had chances during the early part of the season and none have convinced.
McCann has three goals in nine games and probably deserves to continue as first choice?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:40

Hughes has talked about the reasons behind 1 up front, can we get 2 up (ie the midfield) a few times so i dont see it being anything about being stubborn and McCann is the best option as the lone striker as others have mentioned.

if you take McCann out of it and are looking at 2 up, im not convinced with any combination of the others.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 13:49

They`re all obviously not showing enough in training. McCann is good at playing the role of the big solid striker that is a nuisance, but there is no-one there to play off that. That`s the problem with Yogi`s tactics thus far. Hopefully some new signings can address that, but I`m not convinced at all. I think this is going to be a long, hard few months where we will be battling to get to that 8th place.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 14:07

Quote:

DRreturns, Tue 4 Jan 13:08

His stubborn nature is sending us further down the league. Ohara and Wighton have scored goals for Dunfermline and looked a good partnership under Crawford, Ohara was second top goal scorer in the league when we sold the top goal scorer! Todorov come with a good reputation playing at this level but yet he chooses to play our worst Striker!

As much as I want McCann to push on, I can’t be the only one that realises he’s out his depth at this level. If Yogi doesn’t fancy Ohara, Wighton or Todorov then he must have some replacement lined up!

Well the "sending us further down the league" just isn`t true is it, given he took over a team with zero wins.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SevenTay  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 14:07

Last season Liam Boyce was top scorer in the league with 14 goals in 25 games. Joint 2nd were Wighton with 9 goals in 18 games, Todorov with 9 goals in 26 games and Declan McManus with 9 goals in 27 games. O`Hara was joint 3rd with 8 goals in 24 games.
Since Yogi came in Todorov is the only striker apart from McCann who has been played as the lone striker but usually only as as a sub, O`Hara mainly as a winger or 2nd striker as a sub and Wighton as a right winger, a 2nd striker as a sub or a couple of games as a No.10 but never in the lone striker role he played in last season.
Wighton, Todorov and O`Hara all 3 proved themselves capable in the league last season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 14:10

Talking of McManus he is smashing them in for TNS im sure he has 16 goals in 17 games for them this season!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 14:33

People say no player is bigger than the club, that also has to apply the a manager.!

His ignorance in not playing our only goal scorers is the reason we’re not winning games. I was excited about Yogi but from what I’ve seen so far he’s not an improvement on Grant.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 14:46

Quote:

DRreturns, Tue 4 Jan 14:33

People say no player is bigger than the club, that also has to apply the a manager.!

His ignorance in not playing our only goal scorers is the reason we’re not winning games. I was excited about Yogi but from what I’ve seen so far he’s not an improvement on Grant.

8 points from 6 games is an improvement from 7 points from 13 games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 15:09

If that chance fell to ohara or Wighton Sunday that McCann had, they’d have buried it. Todorov for me isn’t good enough and hopefully is moved on to free up wages. I’d have Ohara and Wighton ahead of McCann. I’m struggling to see what was so great about McCann’s performance on Sunday, what did he actually do?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 15:22

Rusty didn’t yogi start after the ICT win?

People talk about o’hara’s poor touch but McCanns is just as bad. At least o’hara has more of a strikers instinct where as McCann can look a bit lost up up top which is down to lack of experience or loan games. I bet any of the other 3 would have picked up just the same amount of goals if playing regularly.

It’s depressing to see yogi playing the same players week in week out ‘despite’ talk of a clean slate etc. is McCann getting a game as he’s running about more in training? Aguero was a poor trainer but came alive in games.

Given the way they have been treated and not really been given a chance to prove themselves in the pressure of a game environment, I can see all 3 experienced strikers looking for a way out and to me that’s been yogi’s plan all along. Can’t expect them to come of the bench and produce something when they have now had practically zero game time.

We effectively have a squad of about 14 players. The others are just filling a shirt.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 15:35

The owners have said the future is youth, that’s why they’re investing in their own training facilities. Hughes may have bought in to this when interviewed for the job knowing that priority should be given to playing them, so perhaps the stubbornness of the manager is down to them and their direction of travel.

With the exception of Arbroath we have been more than a match for ICT, Rovers and Killie, even Patrick so I still believe we have enough ‘talent’ to reach the promotion playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 16:06

Thursopar the future is league 1 if we’re expecting McCann to fire us up the table!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 16:07

McCann is superior to all three.

Wighton can be a waste of a shirt, we were warned about him when he joined from Dundee and Hearts fans, the minute he has a settled deal he disappears. He’s been missing for us for the entirety of this season with exception of the Killie away game….ironically til the fog made him and the others invisible

Todorov has done very little for us since the end of the league cup campaign, when he has come on or had a chance, he’s been found wanting. Awful touch, and just looks like he’d rather be somewhere else.

O’Hara is an enigma, sometimes he can be great, other times he’s flattering to deceive.

What McCann has is the energy, youth, talent and will. None of the three above show the desire that laddie has, and I’d much rather that in a shirt with our badge on it.

Personally I’d hook Wighton and Todorov, and bring in a new striker to play alongside or just off McCann.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 16:20

After Wighton was signed under Crawford he scored several sublime goals which were in a different class. He’s definitely got the ability, but I don’t think he’s a battling type, so as a lone striker he’ll never shine: he definitely needs someone to play off. If JH persists with a lone striker then I concede that Wighton’s days are numbered which would be a real pity.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 16:29

All of four of them have something to offer, there`s not been much creativity behind them this year - Dom Thomas apart. Hopefully Lawless will help address that and there are some signs of life from Dow. We also need some creativity from central midfield.

I think we might see O`Hara up front with McCann at Cappielow, it`s likely to a difficult surface and we may need to be more direct.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 16:48

Kevin O`Hara has made 32 appearance`s and scored 9 league goals since 2020.

Lewis McCann has made 37 appearance`s and scored 3 league goals since 2018.

Craig Wighton has made 24 appearance`s and scored 6 league goals since 2021 (including his loan period).

Nikolay Todorvo has made 5 League appearance`s and scored 2 goals since 2021

nazpar

Post Edited (Tue 04 Jan 16:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 17:47

Quote:

nazpar, Tue 4 Jan 16:48

Kevin O`Hara has made 32 appearance`s and scored 9 league goals since 2020.

Lewis McCann has made 37 appearance`s and scored 3 league goals since 2018.

Craig Wighton has made 24 appearance`s and scored 6 league goals since 2021 (including his loan period).

Nikolay Todorvo has made 5 League appearance`s and scored 2 goals since 2021

No wonder we are in trouble.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 18:27

At least there are plenty of replacement managers on this forum who are ready to step in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 18:30

Stating just appearances without specifying if they are from the start or off the bench is unfair. Those statistics are also wrong.

In the Championship playing for us:

O`Hara has made 25 starts, 18 sub appearances and has 12 goals.

McCann has made 16 starts, 24 sub appearances and has 3 goals.

Wighton has made 17 starts, 8 sub appearances and has 7 goals.

Todorov has made 8 starts, 7 sub appearances and has 2 goals.

In fairness to McCann, a fair few of his appearances has been as a left winger and some of his sub appearances very short, in his debut season 18/19 he made 6 sub appearances that made a grand total of 32 minutes. O`Hara has also played out wide on occasions and a few of Todorov`s appearances from the bench have also been pretty short.

O`Hara is a good finisher and offers a threat running in behind.

McCann offers a physical presence, aggression and also has a bit of pace.

Wighton has good technique, gets into good positions between the opposition defence and midfield but isn`t much use in a physical battle on a bumpy pitch.

Todorov is also a strong physical presence and his strength is attacking crosses.

It`s hard to score goals in a team lacking creativity and lacking confidence, there confidence will also be down. I don`t think they should be exempt from criticism by any means, regardless of your favourite though, I don`t think its fair to label any of them as useless.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 18:57

That`s a good summary of the situation, BP. It`s amazing how many fans still seem to think a lack of goals is all down to the strikers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 19:06

Good post B P

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 19:15

Yogi isn`t clueless.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 19:17

Good Post BP
It is very true that it is hard to score in a team with no creativity or confidence
If the front players cannot get decent service they then have to leave the area or channel where they should be getting the ball and then an area is too congested to work in and it suits the opposition defenders as out wide they know we cannot shoot or score (be good if we could shoot now and again) ! Bottom line is we have decent strikers at the club and each have their own strengths and this is what we need to play to , easier said than done when JH is trying to bottle up the midfield this I understand but at present we are asking young boys to do a mans job , this is our weak link and hopefully this will be addressed in this window ! then maybe then we can go to having 2 up front

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 20:46

Ffs the lad (McCann)is only 20 years old. Guys banging on about him not being up to it cause he’s been with us for 4 years and hasn’t improved. Obviously the coaching he’s had under previous coaches hasn’t been up to much, hopefully with a more experienced coach/manager he’ll progress. I’ve not seen much of Todorov so can’t comment too much but what I’ve seen of the other two so far this season, O’Hara has pace and the ability to get behind defences but his shooting is a bit wayward and Wighton well the times I’ve seen him he’s been non existent, a lifeless jersey wandering about the pitch aimlessly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 21:01

I`ve always liked Lewis, probably with little justification. Just think he`s got something and I`m glad we`ll get 2 years to see if he can make it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Tue 4 Jan 23:52

Aye play ohara and whighton with a midfield of dorrans and Allan/Todd/Pybus and see how far that gets you, some folk on here are clueless
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 00:46

Going back to the original poster and his choice of language….Wish I could be clueless enough to win a Scottish cup for a provincial side.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 00:51

`clueless`, bit of an overreaction!

Agree with BP`s post above.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 07:41

Has this chant taken over from Yogi Hughes is the best on earth? Which was been sung a few weeks ago.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 08:57

No

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SevenTay  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 10:13

Just checked back to the Dunfermline v Arbroath game on 24th April last year.
7 of the 11 players playing that day were still in the squad until the January Window. Played with 3 strikers on the pitch and although we shipped 3 goals we also scored 4. Watched the video and Henderson contributed with 2 assists for Wighton, He was much more of a team player than Kennedy who was a bit too greedy.
The team was...
OFW

Comrie Gasputis Mayo Edwards

Whittaker

Thomas McManus Henderson

Wighton O`Hara

Video below (can`t create hyperlink)
https://youtu.be/7X75e2bSKDk

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 11:08

I think until we sort the midfield and can play 2 up front again, whoever plays up there alone will struggle. I see potential in playing ohara and Wighton together.

We have hitched our waggon to McCann tho, hoping he can continue to improve and be an asset for years to come or a big fat transfer fee. He could possibly form a decent partnership with any of the others.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 11:15

never10yairds you are spot on our midfield has been a problem for many years now.

We just don`t seem to be able to find a balance or sign the correct players.

I fear our midfield issues could be are downfall
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:05

Legend85 there are a few players on the books at spl clubs not getting a game and may be allowed to leave, who would make the world of difference for us. The problem is with our precarious situation, we may not be an attractive destination. Then you wonder if we can afford them anyway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:34

Henderson was rumoured to go back on loan again.

Yogis bound to have some connections with Parkhead.

Post Edited (Wed 05 Jan 12:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:39

Hibs are trying to sign Henderson on a permanent deal. If that happened would Scott Allan be made available on loan?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 13:02

Scott Allan, is looking like Maloney wants him in the first team squad

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 08:37

Quote:

DRreturns, Tue 04 Jan 13:08

Agree with the exception of Todorov!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 12:54

Henderson signed for Hibs

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 13:35

The BBC are reporting Henderson`s transfer to Hibs as a loan deal. I thought they were trying to sign him on a permanent deal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 13:52

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 6 Jan 13:35

The BBC are reporting Henderson`s transfer to Hibs as a loan deal. I thought they were trying to sign him on a permanent deal.

It`s a loan deal till his contract runs out .then it`s a 3 year deal

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 13:59

That`s interesting. He must have signed a pre-contract agreement but Celtic have agreed to loan him out for the rest of the season. Maybe Shaun Maloney`s Celtic connection helped.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 14:47

Ryan Blair ex par joins East Fife ,from East Kilbride

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 09:31

Ryan blair, there’s a blast from the past! He’s just the type of player you need when scrapping for your lives down the bottom of the league!

/sarcasm

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 10:07

A ex-midfielder of ours you don`t rate? Who knew?!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 13:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 07 Jan 10:07

A ex-midfielder of ours you don`t rate? Who knew?!

Got to agree with him there though. Ryan Blair was terrible & his attitude even worse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 14:21

blair was a bit like husband, had a pass in him on the nice pitches in the summer but wasn`t up for putting himself about or getting wired in.

there`s plenty midfielders I rate when playing for the pars but for every mason or bell there`s a vincent, wedderburn, simmons, blair etc who were poor.

What`s your point caller?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 14:55

The point is you think every midfielder we`ve signed since the dawn of time (Bell/Mason apart 😁) are hopeless.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 15:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 7 Jan 14:55

The point is you think every midfielder we`ve signed since the dawn of time (Bell/Mason apart 😁) are hopeless.

Twice in one day that you`re spot on!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 16:03

bored so had a quick look

2021/22 - Pybus, dorrans, todd, wilson
2020/21 - henderson, mcinroy, todd, wilson, turner
2019/20 - Paton, thomson, turner, todd
2018/19- beadling, thomson, todd
2017/18 - beadling, wedderburn, sheils
2016/17 - wedderburn, mccabe, spence
2015/16 - byrne, falkingham, mccabe, spence, geggan

yes, we`ve been flush with quality over the last 6 years that`s for sure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 18:49

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 7 Jan 16:03

bored so had a quick look

2021/22 - Pybus, dorrans, todd, wilson
2020/21 - henderson, mcinroy, todd, wilson, turner
2019/20 - Paton, thomson, turner, todd
2018/19- beadling, thomson, todd
2017/18 - beadling, wedderburn, sheils
2016/17 - wedderburn, mccabe, spence
2015/16 - byrne, falkingham, mccabe, spence, geggan

yes, we`ve been flush with quality over the last 6 years that`s for sure.

You do realise we`re in the Scottish Championship, don`t you? And one of those seasons we were in League 1! Yet you use players from that year to try and highlight supposed poor quality of our midfielders. You`re obsessed mate! Scarily so

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:05

The league one midfield is the best midfield out that list by an absolute mile.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:09

I still get irritated when I think of Josh and Geggan being allowed to leave.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:16

Geggan can’t have been happy that he ended up shoved to right back to cover the fact williamson couldn’t play football.

Da you follow me round every thread but yeah I’m the one obsessed! Told you, drop me your address and I’ll send you a signed photo. I’m starting to wonder if you thought the wedderburn shiels midfield duo was great for us!

The league one winning midfield was by the best and the last time we had a decent partnership in the middle, since then we’ve had some good midfielders but they have been partnered with dross who didn’t have the legs so have struggled to make the impact expected of them in a 442.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:23

Maybe the League 1 midfield looked good because they were playing in League 1. Just a thought...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:50

Probably earning more as well with win bonus etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 20:43

Blair took a cracking corner kick. Don`t remember much else of note.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 21:34

Playing in League One is not a fair test, but I am pretty confident Falky could hack it at this level, he`s a regular in England in League 2 which is not a lower standard. It was a pity he left.

Players should show up better against weaker opponents, hence why I cringe a little when Grant or Hughes tell us how good we look in training, they probably do playing against each other!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 13:52

I have ways thought that the team that won promotion from league 1, if kept together would have got us into the premiership.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 15:37

Think my OP is compounding even further given today’s selection!

Desperate for points and goals and he has our only goal scorers on the bench, it’s criminal!

That midfield is the worst I’ve ever seen in the 20 years I’ve supported Dunfermline, no doubt about it.

The defence is more bare than a butchers pencil! One hasn’t kicked a ball in months and the other hasn’t kicked a ball in years, has to be the priority in this window.

We are relegation bound and the blame is shared equalling between PG & JH. We look worse now than we did under PG, at least PG played our best players!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 15:46

I don`t think we would be this bad if Yogi was in charge from the summer. Grant signed so much rubbish and left us massively short in midfield. Still livid about him being anywhere near the club. Yogi does need to realise that Todd, McCann, Breen should be miles away from the starting 11. The board have destroyed the club this season and need to get the cheque book out to fix it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 15:48

This is embarasssing now.

YOGI OUT

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:14

Quote:

DRreturns, Sat 8 Jan 15:48

YOGI OUT

Oh grow up for goodness sake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:15

Quote:

DRreturns, Sat 8 Jan 15:48

YOGI OUT

Stop being a petulant wee f@nny. He`s been in the job about 10 minutes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:22

No he’s not, there’s should be some visible changes by now 🤦🏻

I’m presuming you don’t pay much attention given your “idiotic” comment. Take your face for a $hite you tool.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:24

You honestly think we should sack him now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:34

What has Hughes actually brought to the club so far? Apart from having a bit banter?
The team at Inverness was picked by Shields and Whittaker, that team then played well at home against Ayr.
That team and formation then played for a few games until Hughes decided Vytas wasn`t good enough and since then we have been poor defensively.
This constant use of McCann up front on his own is head scratching at best.
Its time we saw what Yogi is actually capable of.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:34

100%, it’s clear he can’t be trusted to put a squad together, he can’t even pick his best players never mind be given a cheque book!!!!

His ego is his number 1 priority so I genuinely believe that he will drive us even further backwards, was a poor appointment in the first place.

Give the job to someone who isn’t an egomaniac as I fear Yogi will be the one to relegate us.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:35

I`ve got to hand it to Yogi. When he came in it looked impossible for anyone to make this team any worse but, hats off, he`s managed it. And before anyone starts reeling off stats - ICT win had sod all to do with him, we were good against Ayr, but other than that we`ve been garbage.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:38

Quote:

1985Par, Sat 8 Jan 16:35

I`ve got to hand it to Yogi. When he came in it looked impossible for anyone to make this team any worse but, hats off, he`s managed it. And before anyone starts reeling off stats - ICT win had sod all to do with him, we were good against Ayr, but other than that we`ve been garbage.

Apart from the game a few days ago?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:38

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 16:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 16:42

Where do we go from here ? First division sadly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:10

Yeah its feeling like at least 5-6 signing now.

Unless we can somehow punt the dross now and replace with championship level players we’ll go down with the current team and not much of a fight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:30

Not sure what thread to post this on, but this may be as good as any.

I remember there was a game at EEP maybe 8 years ago or so.

I think it was against Livi and I think we won 4-0.

I wasn`t at the game but afterwards it was said the visitors insisted on playing the ball out from the back (a bit like Swindon last night). We wised up to this, played a high press, kept winning the ball in advanced areas and won comfortably.

I`ve a feeling the visiting manager was John Hughes.

Can anyone confirm (or contradict) any of this?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:39

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_4_Livingston_0&ID=6848

You are correct

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:42

It was. It was Livingston we were playing. Every time the keeper chipped it short we won it high up the park. When he eventually launched it long, Hughes had a go at him for doing so.

In terms of that incident, it`s just another example of managers with a "philosophy" but not having the players to do it. Grant was the same. Its all very well playing tiki-taka if you are Pep Guardiola but we are in the Championship ffs. If you were listening to Sportsound this afternoon, Lee Bullen (remember him?) was talking about his first game and the importance of winning the battle first before trying to play football. It sounded like a scrappy game but they got the three points.

In terms of the title of the thread, there are a couple of things that suggest he might well be! The whole Gaspuitis thing made no sense, and dropping him and his rubbish about "setting traps" was just guff. Then signing Lawless, who went on record in his first interview saying "I like playing wide, I didn`t enjoy my time at Motherwell because I was playing centrally" but playing him as a second striker - bizarre. What is it about wingers at East End where they have to be pressed into playing in the Central areas? Having Dow there today with Allan wide at times.was a real head scratcher.

I was never taken in by his shtick and I wasn`t exactly doing cartwheels when he was appointed but I expected some sort of positive reaction. After the win against a lacklustre Ayr, Hughes said "there`s something special happening here". Oh joy right he was, but in a good way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:45

Insanity, doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:51

I don`t think we lost badly today because Morton exploited our tactic of playing out from the back by employing a high press. In fact I was surprised they didn`t. I thought we lost because of very poor defending and a lack of cutting edge despite having a fair share of possession. I can`t remember us getting to the bye-line or getting beyond their defence to create any clear-cut chances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:07

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 8 Jan 20:51

I don`t think we lost badly today because Morton exploited our tactic of playing out from the back by employing a high press. In fact I was surprised they didn`t. I thought we lost because of very poor defending and a lack of cutting edge despite having a fair share of possession. I can`t remember us getting to the bye-line or getting beyond their defence to create any clear-cut chances.

There was a few occasions where we got to the bye-line but the final ball into the box was horrendously bad every time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:16

Leave philosophy to the Greeks, who understood it better then anyone since the last 2,00 years.

Leave vision to Specsavers who can at least make us read the screen easier.

Just get the players in black and white jerseys to play the ball to to the other players in black and white jerseys. That`s philosophy enough for me.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 15:39

Thanks Parathletic and Kelty Par – that will be the game I was thinking of.

Regarding strange decisions – it’s possible that there are or were things going on behind the scenes and the official line is just that – a line. I agree that the whole Gaspuitis thing was odd. As for playing players out of position – this may be a result of our squad being weak (although leaving some of our better players on the bench is also curious) and so we are playing our better players (Dow, Lawless, and previously Thomas) in the middle of the park where they can have more influence. Just a thought.

Wee eck. I agree, the footering about at the back wasn’t the reason we lost. I think having two central defenders who had never played together and hadn’t played for ages was a recipe for disaster. There was inevitably going to be a lot of rustiness and indecision and the Morton forwards probably smelt blood. I think we’ve played 9 centre-backs this season (plus 4 more in pre-season friendlies). For a brief period, that seemed to be the one area of the pitch we weren’t below average – not now.

Oliver probably expected to score (which is often half the battle – our players don’t. Todd had a chance with a neat inter-passing move, but never looked confident, although it was a tight angle).

With regard to “vision” and “philosophy” and repeated mistakes, it may be that Yogi has a view about “how football should be played”. And I also wonder if the Board are suckers for this sort of chat (I know I would be). As well as competing for the best player and the best coaching staff we are looking for the best philosophy to give us an edge.

I remember many years ago I took golf lessons. I thought I was an OK player before, but after the lessons I could hardly hit the ball as I was trying consciously to change too many things. I was told to persevere, and I did, but the improvements didn’t seem to come, and I began to have doubts about my pro’s teaching ability. And in the end I went back to what I was doing before. I wonder if the players are being told to play in a way in which they are not comfortable, and are torn between following instructions are reverting to type.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net