DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Oh f… how bad was that.
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:34

I have watched Dunfermline since 1964, seen great times, seen bad times. When I was fitter used to stand in the cage, remember being there when we beat Rangers and Souness desperate to get pulled off. I unfortunately had to use a wheelchair as I became less infirm, still I travelled home and away, many here will probably know me, well many of the older fans will. Today for the first time in all these years, I was glad I couldn’t attend, I watched paying £14.00 as many other of our supporters did. I think Dunfermline players should give me back the money I paid. I have never seen such a bunch of lack lustre players in many a year, and as for tactics, playing out from the back as though we were f…… Man City when we have players who can hardly put one foot in front of the other is beyond me. This must be one of the worst bunch of so called players I have seen in over 50 years of watching the Pars. Germans forget about football academies, get the finger out and find some players from Germany or anywhere, got to be an improvement on what we have got before you lose our die hard fans, we we can only put up with so much. Never thought I would ever see Morton 5 Dunfermline Ath 0. Rant over.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 18:57)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Oh f…
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:38

Can’t argue with any of that. At least when we dropped to league 1 last time we had admin etc going on.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:44

Got to agree, swithered whether to pay the £14 today, did so in hope rather than expectation.

I have seen some bad Pars teams in my 46 ish years of watching, this lot are clueless charlatans, you cannot see what we are trying to do during a game.

We play from the back but the players are nowhere good enough football players to do this, I am not even sure they know why they are doing it.

In thinking and reacting they are all bar none a fraction of a second behind their opposite number.

It is wrong in my opinion to blame Hughes, he may prove to be rubbish but he is generally polishing Grants turds meaning we are going to be in a whole heap of trouble because most of our squad are rank.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:46

A manager’s job is to assess the players he has and figure out a system and a style of play that will get the best out of them.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:47

Agree oldfifer.Been watching since 64 as well,totally sickened with this lot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:50

Quote:

twin par, Sat 8 Jan 17:47

Agree oldfifer.Been watching since 64 as well,totally sickened with this lot.

Can`t say I disagree with that I'm three years behind you but I can`t remember a time as bad as this. I would never have thought through all those years we could be facing playing Kelty Hearts. No disrespect to them but with the resources at the club it shouldn't be happening.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 17:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 17:52

Not been watching the Pars for as long as you oldfifer. Nearly 40 years for me and this lot are without doubt the most useless squad of players I`ve ever seen us have. No ability, no heart, no desire, no interest. Disgusting.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Oh f… how bad was that.
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:35

Glad I work nightshift so I didn`t have to watch the vidiprinter on sky sports.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:45

This was as embarassing as it gets and after the first 10 mins it started to look like it could be. Morton haven`t won a home game all season. Their first goals started from mistakes by us and no serious attempts were made to recover the position. The initial line-up was just naive. It was Yogis decision to put a defender on who hasn`t played for more than 4 months? That went well. The leadership of this club has screwed up royally and what they have done in the past no longer matters.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mikemc1975  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:06

My worry in all of this is that there is no heart in this team. I think of all the kids watching and seeing no desire. jees, read these pages and want it as much as the teams fans. So, Put that tackle in. Take the player out to show you want it more than he does. Be first to every ball. I want to see our players making tackles and standing up for themselves to be counted. Not out of frustration when we are 3-0 down but at all times because they want it more than the opposition. I`m here and with the Pars for good but man they are making it difficult for us all. #everything works out #notalwaysasyouexpect #believetoreceive!! #COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:32

Yes,no fight, no desire, not playing for the Jersey, no self pride, nothing but a gutless shower.Never seen such a bunch of lazy, so called pars players,in my life.They are embarrassing us now,at that is not on.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 21:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:49

I agree twin par , absolutely no fight or desire in any of that lot we saw today again !
None of them are good enough to wear a Pars strip , there comes a big responsibility once you pull on that shirt you have to put your heart and soul into it and at least put the effort in where you lack in quality !
worst bunch of so called players I have seen !
As for tactics and skill factor we have none ! we cannot pass to one another most balls go to the opposition , playing from the back does not suit us we do not have the players who are good enough to do this ! No midfield either
No wonder our forwards do not see much of the ball , need to get back to basics and stop the errors too
Bottom Line that was He**ish to view today , a waste of my time that I will not get back, which seems to be the norm these days
Tired of the oh they are great on the practice pitch from JH , They need to be great in the real game

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 60yearapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 21:14

According to the bbc stats(not always the most reliable I know) we only committed 6 fouls today, which for a team in our position is rediculous, not suggesting we kick teams off the park, but surely we have to be more competitive than this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 21:24

Quote:

60yearapar, Sat 8 Jan 21:14

According to the bbc stats(not always the most reliable I know) we only committed 6 fouls today, which for a team in our position is rediculous, not suggesting we kick teams off the park, but surely we have to be more competitive than this.

We have players in our team that hardly ever commit fouls. We are a soft touch and no where near competitive enough. We are boys playing against men in a tough league. Until we address that, we will not progress in this division.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:27

That was worse than embarrassing today of all days they should be ******* ashamed of themselves

it’s all fine and well the manager saying the players are trying but not so much if but when we go down and that move on it’s daft ***** like us who will be left to pick up the pieces

if we end up going part time we may as well lock the doors and call it a day think it was wee eck that protested last week about the use of the term wage thief but let’s be honest that’s exactly what this shower are ever one of them has promised us effort and fight but what we have is utter shyte

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:15

I also said something to the effect that if it was just a case of lack of effort and fight it would be relatively easy to fix. Unfortunately I think our problems are much deeper than that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:15

another bleak weekend for us, a 10 goal swing against the bottom team sh*t, all teams around us starting to pickup points if its a dogfight with our bogey "Morton" well thats a not going to happen, Bullen may kick-off at Ayr just to add yet another ex-pars player now manager we need to face-off with.

I can`t believe Hamilton has pulled away a little considering I rate their football play just as pihs but c`mon pars throw everything at them next week that win its a must and overtake QOS and avoid the bottom trapdoor.

please and thank you.

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:23

Hamilton have pushed on since they got three points gifted to them by that diabolical penalty decision against us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:39

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 8 Jan 23:23

Hamilton have pushed on since they got three points gifted to them by that diabolical penalty decision against us.

It was a diabolical decision, Eck. Our squad is even more diabolical though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 00:09

I wish it was a lack of effort, you can fix that, we have year on year recruits badly and this summer saw that problem come to a head with some exceptionally bad signings. The squad is awful. Spend or go down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 00:15

A Centre Midfielder that knows the job and has been round the block must be the first signature.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net