DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yogi post match
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:06

What a Joke....

He really feels for them... (Okay shame for them?)

Great on the training ground... (Playing against each other really tells you a story)

Thought we had the best first half.. (WOW)

Knows they are young lads out there.. (take them out then!)

This some sort of joke? He believes in the team..is that because he has too?.. This group of players have been terrible all season, How long do we give them? He says he feels embarrassed, he does not sound it.

Reading behind the lines, Mark Connelly leaving back to utd or away on loan somehwhere else.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yogi post match
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:09

Is this Peter Grants twin brother unbelievable interview

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  

Or he could have torn them to shreds a La Raith interview for which he was lambasted for ?

Your choice

I’m sure what he said in the dressing room bore no resemblance to what he said in his interview

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 18:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  

There was more to the post match than that tbh.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:13

Yes but I decided to pick out the strangest comments, without having to type out the whole interview

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:13

Absolutely diabolical interview. We`ve changed one slaverer for another.

Best team in the first half. Hahahahaha. He might`ve said something different in the dressing room but to come out with that on the radio, after that performance, is absolute insanity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:14

I don`t know if there`s much else he can say at this stage. He said confidence is rock bottom (it is), that he backs the players (I`d rather he backed them than chucked them under the bus) and that if this is rock bottom then we need to use this to foster a siege mentality to try get ourselves out otherwise the players aren`t worth calling themselves footballers (which I agree with)

It`s a sorry state but I at least don`t think he could have said anything better given what we watched today

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 18:42

If confidence is really rock bottom than that’s happened on his watch.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:22

I expect a much a different looking squad next week. We need to make about 4-5 changes in the first team squad. Yogi says the squad need to have no fear, so why does he persist with one up front? One striker up front has not worked the midfielders playing week after week are rank rotten. I do like Yogi but starting Martin and Donaldson upfront was a compete and utter stupidity. Both badly lacking game time. We need a very successful transfer window if we have any hope of staying up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:22

Best team in the first half and we were 3-0 down? We started as though we were caught in the headlights and it just got worse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:25

He should be absolutely livid after that pihs. No questions.
These players need emptied and fast.

This is Peter Grant mk2.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:41

Who could he have played at centre back apart from Donaldson and Martin? Jones?

Connelly was injured and Breen not available due to Covid. All these saying he shouldn`t have let Gaspuitis go ignore the fact that the player was unsettled.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:45

Nothing to do with the fact yogi dropped gasputis altogether. Definitely more to it than not being a left footer

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 19:59

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 8 Jan 19:41

Who could he have played at centre back apart from Donaldson and Martin? Jones?

Connelly was injured and Breen not available due to Covid. All these saying he shouldn`t have let Gaspuitis go ignore the fact that the player was unsettled.

Would you be settled if you were an international player who had come to a foreign country, played well when you were in the team, then get dropped for someone not as good with some rubbish spouted about not being left footed?

Why do you continually make excuses for everything on this forum?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:02

the club have their "people" here defending the indefensible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:03

Quote:

pacifist, Sat 8 Jan 20:02

Yeah it`s a massive conspiracy. We all meet on a Tuesday night.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:06

Quote:

Whether they are the club`s "people" or not, anyone trying to find excuses for that today or deflecting it onto the supporters, must have a serious mental problem.

Accepting that today and not willing to criticise any part of it is settling for absolute mediocrity. Fair play to the people who are willing to spend money to settle for that 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:10

"Who could he have played at centre back apart from Donaldson and Martin? Jones?

Connelly was injured and Breen not available due to Covid. All these saying he shouldn`t have let Gaspuitis go ignore the fact that the player was unsettled."

Yogi stated that he wanted to leave due to lack of game time and worry of not getting international call-ups. Not playing each week will make him even more desperate to go back home as he has nothing to look forward to at the weekends. We should have at least replaced him before letting him go. That was madness

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:10

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 8 Jan 20:06

Quote:

Whether they are the club`s "people" or not, anyone trying to find excuses for that today or deflecting it onto the supporters, must have a serious mental problem.

Accepting that today and not willing to criticise any part of it is settling for absolute mediocrity. Fair play to the people who are willing to spend money to settle for that 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Literally no-one is either happy or defending it. No-one.

And is that you making mental health allusions again? Please stop it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:16

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 8 Jan 20:10

Quote:

Quote:

I`ve already spoken about my mental health problems on here and that`s not what I meant on my post. You choose to believe whatever you want though whilst speaking for our entire support base "Literally no-one".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:19

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 8 Jan 20:16

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I`ve already spoken about my mental health problems on here and that`s not what I meant on my post. You choose to believe whatever you want though whilst speaking for our entire support base "Literally no-one".

Sincere apologies if I`m mixing you up with someone else, seriously. And I hope you`re alright.

I mean on this site. Not seen anyone say anything other than how crap we are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 20:44

`Why do you continually make excuses for everything on this forum?`

That`s a bit of a sweeping statement.

I don`t like coming to conclusions without knowing all the facts. I know that`s not popular with a lot of folk on here who prefer knee-jerk reactions. Nobody on here actually knows the real situation between Hughes and Gaspuitis, just like nobody really knew the situation between Grant and Thomas, so some folk just make something up to suit their own interpretation and suddenly it`s `fact`. It hasn`t taken long for the hysteria surrounding Grant`s appointment to be repeated in relation to Hughes`s appointment. Grant`s was down to a lack of a rigorous recruitment process apparently so what`s the theory behind Hughes`s appointment?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 21:08

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 8 Jan 20:19

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 8 Jan 20:16

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sincere apologies if I`m mixing you up with someone else, seriously. And I hope you`re alright.

I mean on this site. Not seen anyone say anything other than how crap we are.

No need to apologise to me, Rusty. I`m one of the biggest wallopers on here. I`m also very good at the moment, in terms of my mental health. Thank you for asking though. I`m not good at the level our football club is performing to at the moment though.

Provided it`s done in the right way, I don`t see any problem with talking honestly about how useless this current squad are.

I can`t understand folk who won`t say anything about that performance today though yet just question other supporters. Each to their own at the end of the day 👍🏾
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 21:29

I`ve yet to see anyone defending the performance today.

I don`t think the manager should be sacked.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:08

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 8 Jan 21:29

I`ve yet to see anyone defending the performance today.

I don`t think the manager should be sacked.

If that`s aimed at me I`ve never said he should be sacked.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:22

It could be that Gaspuitas was unsettled and asked to leave so it was easier for the manager to make up an excuse about being right footed to keep his private life private.

And as for being an international player, if Breen was Lithuanian he would be international class too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:28

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 8 Jan 22:22

It could be that Gaspuitas was unsettled and asked to leave so it was easier for the manager to make up an excuse about being right footed to keep his private life private.

And as for being an international player, if Breen was Lithuanian he would be international class too.

I suspect this was probably the case. It had been mentioned a few months ago he wasnt settled. I think the club acted in his best interest and thats fair enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:58

What a complete embarrassment of an interview. Worse than any of Peter Grant`s, which is saying something.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:01

Yogi has not impressed so far, anyone can talk a good game but it is on the pitch that matters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:03

Every week we get the jovial character of how the players are good lads and perform in training and are a good laugh. Unless this transcends into match day wins, I`m not interested.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 00:20

I now no longer listen to the spiel pre match from managers or players and now cant be arsed post match either.

This team has kicked me right in the stones with fitbaw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 01:23

I know he may not want to publicly slaughter them but some of what he said there is disconnected to reality.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 02:16

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 08 Jan 18:09

Or he could have torn them to shreds a La Raith interview for which he was lambasted for ?

Your choice

I’m sure what he said in the dressing room bore no resemblance to what he said in his interview

Exactly this. It never ceases to amaze me how much weight people give to post match interviews… especially at this level. I struggle to understand how/why fully grown adults actually care so much about post match interviews. It means absolutely nothing.
If he’d done a rovers style interview then I’m 100% certain that people would have also lost their sh1t.

For what it’s worth I never wanted him as manager in the first place nor have I bothered (for reasons already stated) listening to the interview.

Do any of those going loopy re the interview think that him coming out and saying they were all sh1te would have been preferable?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:23

Quote:

Par, Sat 8 Jan 23:01

Yogi has not impressed so far, anyone can talk a good game but it is on the pitch that matters.

Have to agree.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Diablop4r  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:25

One last pay day for Mr Hughes still don`t get that he was the best candidate

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:28

Quote:

Toumba Libre, Sun 9 Jan 02:16

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 08 Jan 18:09

Your choice

Exactly this. It never ceases to amaze me how much weight people give to post match interviews… especially at this level. I struggle to understand how/why fully grown adults actually care so much about post match interviews. It means absolutely nothing.
If he’d done a rovers style interview then I’m 100% certain that people would have also lost their sh1t.

For what it’s worth I never wanted him as manager in the first place nor have I bothered (for reasons already stated) listening to the interview.

Do any of those going loopy re the interview think that him coming out and saying they were all sh1te would have been preferable?

I think you have to be honest and transparent otherwise you mask the issues. He doesn`t need to pick on individuals but the reality of our position should be expressed. His actions perhaps speak louder than words by bringing in players who havent played and putting them straight in the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:45

If he`d been brutally honest and critical of the players he would have been blasted on here with reminders of his infamous post-match interview when manager of the Rovers.

As for `bringing in players who haven`t played and putting them straight in the team` what alternative did he have? I`m sure Connolly and Breen would have started if available and Jones, who hasn`t impressed, was the only other centre back he had. He put Lawless straight into the team last week despite not playing for months. That`s the market we`re in and the only way to get match fit is to play competitive games unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:04

If we are that short of players could Whittaker not have played at least half a game to take a bit of pressure of Martin and Donaldson who are lacking match fitness?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:04

"Do any of those going loopy re the interview think that him coming out and saying they were all sh1te would have been preferable?"

Happy for him to defend the squad. It`s the ridiculous sound bites i object to. I was only drawn to his interview when I saw "this could be the best thing to happen to us" on the Courier`s page. It`s embarrassing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:06

Whittaker will certainly be lacking match fitness! He won`t be registered as a player anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:15

Problem is, it could easily have been 7, 8 at a push. What would he have said then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:25

What’s Paul Watson doing these days? Grant only said he wouldn’t play for him again, not the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:29

I think you can apply a sense of realism collectively for our position and what its going to take to get out of it. There is a way of getting it over without lambasting players who can only be partly responsible . Im sure its deeper than that. As they say yesterdays solutions are todays problems and I agree with other posters on here who have said the problem started a few seasons ago. I am sure JH tries to maintain a positive outlook.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:55

You either dont perform or not have the ability, if you feel for them it suggests they dont have it. So poor signings and younger playhers

Great on the training ground... (Playing against each other really tells you a story)

If they are great on the training ground it suggests training is too easy, and not good enough for a match. So training must be flawed under Grant and Hughes

Didnt see the game, and i no sometimes unusual results can happen, but if thats the best we could do while on top we`ve got no chance, and i think yogi knows it.

Take them out, and play the more experience players then, cant be worse after a 5-0 loss. Nothing to lose

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 12:59

We had about a 10 minute spell of "pressure" in the 1st half and 1 decent chance from Todd where he should have scored if I remember correct.

I didn`t watch the second half, we were that good.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 15:36

The most worrying thing I take out of that is there wasn’t a “help is coming, signings are very close, I know what the issues are and I’m bringing in the players to solve them” comment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 17:19

I know what you’re saying NTY but as transfers have a habit of being difficult to get over the line these days, most many won’t announce them before they happen for this reason.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 17:24

He`s hardly going to come out and support the players like he did then in the next breath say they`re no good enough to keep us up and half of them are getting replaced is he?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 17:53

He could have said something along the lines of: it’s a good squad and I believe in them but we need some additions to get the blend right and some more experience, they will be arriving in the coming weeks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 18:31

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but had we known yogi was just going to stroll in and pick the exact same team for every game as he picked for his first bar enforced changes then we might as well have given it to Whitaker and freed a wage up for another player in Jan.

I fancy Whittaker wouldnt BS is constantly in interviews either.

I doubt yogi has brought anything to this team. All he’s done is effectively reduced the squad size without actually getting rid of any players and is sending out the youngsters who have been average Joe squad players for years but are now the first names on the teamsheet, these guys would struggle in league 1. He’s been unable to get anything at all out of the experienced players on the books either.

I’ve lost faith in yogi now, no point calling for him to be sacked but if we’re struggling in league 1 next year after 10 games some questions will have to be asked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 18:40

Christ on a bike you`ve already got us struggling in league 1 next season! Ever considered a career as a motivational speaker?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 18:54

Quote:

evo!, Sun 09 Jan 11:55

You either dont perform or not have the ability, if you feel for them it suggests they dont have it. So poor signings and younger playhers

If they are great on the training ground it suggests training is too easy, and not good enough for a match. So training must be flawed under Grant and Hughes

Didnt see the game, and i no sometimes unusual results can happen, but if thats the best we could do while on top we`ve got no chance, and i think yogi knows it.

Take them out, and play the more experience players then, cant be worse after a 5-0 loss. Nothing to lose

1) Would you rather he slates them like he done at rovers??? He has to work with what he’s got and put 100% belief in them what other choice does he have???

2) I think it’s very clear to everyone including Yogi that the players are no where near the level, again not his players so what can he do???

3) Yogi and Grant are top level coaches (Grant has coached regularly at elite level clubs, management is a different story) so to suggest training isn’t up to standard is pretty disrespectful to guys that have been in the game and are well regarded

4) I didn’t watch the game, from the highlights we didn’t actually look any worse than we have all season, obviously conceding three is indefensible I get that

5) Play the more experienced players, who??? No experienced defenders, absolutely no experienced midfield, Ohara, Toddy and Wighton are arguably better strikers than Mcann but Yogi works with these guys day in day out, there must be a clear issue in how they are going about training day to day to not be playing

Give the man a chance, and to folk wanting Yogi gone… good luck in attracting a better manager to get you out of league 1👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 18:56

`I’ve lost faith in yogi now,..`

How long did that last? 5 minutes?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 20:19

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 9 Jan 18:56

`I’ve lost faith in yogi now,..`

How long did that last? 5 minutes?

Signed photo incoming Eck......👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 20:21

Craig Levein was on the radio earlier. Missed what exactly he was talking about but he said the post match interview with the manager is what the players listen to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 10:31

My worries are coming to fruition.

He’s not the man for the job, he never was!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 10:57

In the words of Bill Shankly - " a football team is like a piano. You need 8 men to carry it and 3 men to play the damn thing"

Yogi`s problem is that we only have 1 guy who can play it, and he`s injured.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 15:41

DA no 1 did you not expect yogi with all the clean late nonsense to be able to get at least 1 of our 3 experienced proven strikers performing to a half decent level? he hasn`t even bothered with them.

pybus aint up to much but c`mon he`s better than todd and allen.

Letting gaspuitis go now without a half fit replacement signed, why not hold on for another week or 2? Maybe gaspuitis a international player might just have been happier if he got more game time instead of being ignored for youngsters who haven`t kicked a ball in pro football and were selling goals.

What has yogi brought to the team? What`s better now than when he joined?

if this team goes down yes there will be a clear out but look at falkirk, even having the budget and some bigger names you`ll struggle against teams who want it more. Or are you expecting this team to get relegated, flip a switch and they will suddenly all become winners again?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 16:01

"DA no 1 did you not expect yogi with all the clean late nonsense to be able to get at least 1 of our 3 experienced proven strikers performing to a half decent level? he hasn`t even bothered with them."

I`ve said on numerous threads I think any or all of them are worth a start.

"pybus aint up to much but c`mon he`s better than todd and allen."

Your point is? All 3 played on Saturday.

"Letting gaspuitis go now without a half fit replacement signed, why not hold on for another week or 2? Maybe gaspuitis a international player might just have been happier if he got more game time instead of being ignored for youngsters who haven`t kicked a ball in pro football and were selling goals."

I believe 2 of our centre halves (Connolly & Breen) had to miss out on Saturday due to COVID, I know you probably don`t rate either but at least one of them would have played on Saturday

"What has yogi brought to the team? What`s better now than when he joined?"

No-one - so far. He was appointed less than 2 months ago.

"if this team goes down yes there will be a clear out but look at falkirk, even having the budget and some bigger names you`ll struggle against teams who want it more. Or are you expecting this team to get relegated, flip a switch and they will suddenly all become winners again?"

The scenario you envisage could happen but it`s at least 9 MONTHS AWAY. Believe it or not I don`t disagree with everything you say but you come across as the most reactionary person this forum has ever seen. Try to calm yourself down to a riot & imagine for a second or two that Hughes & the rest of the staff are doing everything they possibly can to change where we are & where we look like we are going. It`s certainly not worth posting the same stuff over and over and over again on numerous threads.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 17:52

I feel for big Yogi, he has taken over an absolute shambles and is expected to immediately turn it around by many deluded Pars fans. The Germans have delivered nothing since they arrived and they must be held to account for the complete lack of investment in this crucial transfer window. We are most definitely going down, the clowns that run the club can stand up and take a round of applause when the inevitable happens. Would not be surprised to see the Germans pull out in the near future, they are way out of their depth.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 19:42

I`m not sure anyone expected yogi to immediately turn it round and most thought it was a case of trying to get some points on the board until the window and hope we can improve enough to get safe but 2 months in and its looking worse.

If Connolly goes the squad is worse than he inherited and he`s signed 3 players (martin, donaldson and lawless)

No idea on the germans, the more they seem to get involved the worse we seem to get!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net