DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Coaching…..
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:23

Why isn’t anybody mentioning this.
Whatever we are doing day in day out on the training pitch isn’t working.

Crawford
Grant
Hughes

All three have had the same coaches and we’re not getting any better.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Coaching…..
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:30

anti-football coaching is the way forward don`t tackle don`t clear the ball don`t have a pop at goal don`t control on first touch don`t recognise any team player don`t do any fancy tricks

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:36

We`re getting worse. I said two months ago we were in a relegation battle. Others were talking, quite seriously, of promotion once Yogi Hughes waved his magic wand.

We are bottom of the league.

We have scored fewer goals than any other team.

We have conceded more goals than any other team.

We are no better off than when he came.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:41

Will we be officially relegated before they understand that our team cannot play it out from the back.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:43

They`re brilliant in training apparently and we shouldn`t question why that doesn`t transfer to a match day. As The Rock said "Know your role".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 22:44

How can shields still be apart of the set up here, how many coaches get to work under 3 different managers? Hardly like he’s a world class coach. Maybe time to get an attacking coach in, as 3 defenders as coaches isn’t the answer, clearly not working either considering we have the worst defence in the league

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:28

parsfan97 wrote:
Maybe time to get an attacking
> coach in, as 3 defenders as coaches isn’t the answer,
> clearly not working either considering we have the worst
> defence in the league
>
>

I’ve been saying this for a few months now! The Strikers don’t seem to be getting special training and are suffering for it.

However I agree we need new coaches, although it would have been better if we’d let them go at the same time as Grant!

Post Edited (Sat 08 Jan 23:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:34

just coach the one trick pony routine and score on every third attempt head for touchline drop shoulder and cut in and bolt ball into one of the corners

easy , I see it on tv and easy for me to do on sensible soccer

gooooaaaaaal!

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:36

If anyone thinks that we are in this mess because we don’t have the right coaches they are deluding themselves. We are in this mess because our recruitment over the last few years has been disastrous. Given the performance of our new centre half, that trend looks set to continue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:42

1985Par wrote:

> If anyone thinks that we are in this mess because we don’t
> have the right coaches they are deluding themselves. We are in
> this mess because our recruitment over the last few years has
> been disastrous. Given the performance of our new centre half,
> that trend looks set to continue.
>
>

I don’t think you can judge a player on one match, especially a match he was thrown into despite not having played a game since August. He clearly wasn’t fully match fit and a bit rusty. Judge him when he’s fully fit and has a few games under his belt. Neither he nor Martin would/should have started today if we had cover but that’s clearly lacking!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 23:43

Too many keyboard peps on here !!!

The playing out from back isn’t working so should maybe go more route 1 especially with Big Lewis up top.

There is a time and place for playing out from the back and it’s not when you are slap bang in the middle of a relegation battle.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 00:07

Fair point parfectXI. Too quick to judge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 07:53

We didn`t lose yesterday because we played out from the back.we lost because our defence can`t deal with anything in the box and Allan was scared to tackle for the first goal. Martin and Donaldson made Breen look like Van Dijk.

As for Shields and Whittaker, if we terminate their contracts and replace that would further reduce our playing transfer budget which would effectively relegate us anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 09:38

I can`t think of any team who has been in a relegation scrap and got out of it playing from the back or `playing football` and I can think of loads who went down while passing the ball aimlessly and constantly losing possession.

Teams are literally setting up against us now just over the half way line while pass the ball from the back, Tw*t them then score a goal

Only children or teams who have a billion pounds to buy the best players should play like this

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:29

The team has also ben criticised in the past for playing `hoofball`. Is there a compromise between that and trying to play a passing game?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:43

We`ve never recovered from the Masterton period.

Unfortunately the fan ownership model didn`t work for various reasons, but I do think the folk involved did try their best to the best of their ability

I thought in 2013 it would be a 10 year project to get us back to where we think we should be but it's looking like we're going backwards.

Post Edited (Sun 09 Jan 10:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 10:51

I mentioned this on the crisis thread - the same coaches are staying when a new manager is appointed and it doesn`t seem to be working. Shields seems to be unsackable. When the German group came in I can remember one of them finding it strange that a first choice goalkeeper was the goalkeeping coach, yet it is still in place. Fife academy has been a complete failure yet for our new set up we keep the same guy running it in charge. To me this definitely reeks of a `jobs for the boys` mentality.

We are one of the bigger clubs in Scotland yet we constantly struggle. We have never looked close of achieving promotion and this season was definitely our big chance. It`s disappointing seeing clubs like Raith, Livingston, St Johnstone, Inverness so far ahead of us when we have so much more available. To me it just proves that the people above are not capable of taking the club forward. We are on course for relegation and if we go down we are more than likely to struggle in league one with this squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:13

Playing out from the back can have it`s moments but not if we end up playing across the pitch then back, then back up to the halfway line and across the pitch again. We will eventually lose the ball. It can work with decent options up front but we have none.
We are neither clever enough nor quick enough with the group of players on the pitch yesterday.
Equally, a hoof up the pitch aimed at one player is no way to win games.
So - either way, with that group of players the goals will not come and we will be vulnerable to the inevitable mistake.
Everything needs to change, especially speed and aggression, but how many of the current group are capable of that.?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:35

It`s hard to know where to start really, our coaching doesn`t seem to be improving any of our players so the blame has to be both on the manager and his staff.

Whittaker is essentially on a coaching internship, Shields previously was well regarded in helping the youth players but as a first team coach since he`s come in there`s been little evidence of on field improvement.

I think a total clear out would`ve made more sense when we sacked Grant, but perhaps the cost of doing so and finding adequate replacements during the season would`ve been too difficult which is understandable.

Really, the fact the board were willing to continue on with Crawford after we collapsed last season was a huge mistake and they were caught on their heels by his resignation. Just so apathetic about the club right now, I`m really hoping that we`ll turn a corner but finding it tough to watch games week after week
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 11:52

`Really, the fact the board were willing to continue on with Crawford after we collapsed last season was a huge mistake and they were caught on their heels by his resignation.`

So now the board are being blamed for NOT sacking somebody who later resigned! Some of the stuff that gets posted on here just defies logic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 12:01

Crawford resigned on the basis he felt he`d taken us as far as he could. Probably frustrated with reliance on loans which made it difficult for a team to gel properly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 12:13

Who keeps recommending Dow to play at a cam position

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:12

How do you coach player shots that are 30feet above goal? its a consistent thing within our team and Dorrans has perfected it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:16

We took over six minutes from the kick off to have a pass between Pars players in the Morton half. Speaks volumes of our lack of an attacking mindset.

Post Edited (Sun 09 Jan 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 15:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 9 Jan 11:52

`Really, the fact the board were willing to continue on with Crawford after we collapsed last season was a huge mistake and they were caught on their heels by his resignation.`

So now the board are being blamed for NOT sacking somebody who later resigned! Some of the stuff that gets posted on here just defies logic.

He wouldn`t have been sacked though (would his contract not have expired in the summer?), by their own admission they wanted him to continue on after we got throughly beaten by our rivals in the playoffs following 6 months of poor football. Stevie resigned for his own reasons which are completely understandable, but in my opinion the fact they were willing to keep him on was another example of poor judgement on their part.

Not sure there`s any need for the snarky comment, much like many others posters on the forum we are all trying to process the mess the club is in just now and have our own opinions on the reasons for that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 15:31

Wasn`t he on a rolling contract? Compensation would have been payable in that case.

I don`t see the point in criticising the board for not making a decision which was effectively made for them. Things are now worse than they were under Stevie so sacking him wouldn`t have improved things anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 16:19

You`re most likely right regarding it not making any difference, but personally I lost confidence in their judgement because they were willing to persevere with Crawford. Obviously I was hoping that the manager we would bring in after him would be of a higher calibre capable of truly getting us closer to promotion.

Maybe that`s just what modern football has done to me with regards to impatience on managers and giving them more time to rectify things. I wish I could go back in time now and tell my past self to be happy with Crawford for another season! 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net