DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Worst Team Since..
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:17

1980-81 and we were howling back then.

Don`t get me wrong we have some bad showers since but as a whole team/club we are rank.

The consolation back then was as a bairn you didn`t quite appreciate how awful we were at the time and the craic was brilliant.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Worst Team Since..
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:27

I`ve been going since 1985 and the last 4/5 seasons have been the worst period in all my time.

Johnson, given a longterm contract, wrong thing at the time.
Crawford, cheap option, had us involved in the top half but underachieved.
Grant, what can I say !!
Hughes, got his hands full to say the least.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:30

Definitely the worst since the Forsyth/Stanton era.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:45

John Potter`s squad was worse imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:48

I honestly think the team that finished 7th in the seaside would beat the team we fielded yesterday. They would previously been the worst in my time.

This is the worst pars side in my 30 years going.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 14:17

Worst team in my 38 years. Utterly dejected at all things DAFC at the moment. Just feels so meh.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 14:19

The thing is, we have strikers on the bench that have great records in this league. But, yes, if you are talking starting XI`s, this is probably the worst in my 25 years going to the games. It`s a complete shambles what the board have allowed to happen to our club. Constant poor decisions. This has been brewing for about 4 or 5 years now. Inevitable.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 15:02

The strikers we have on the bench are only useful if you can create chances for them. That’s something we are almost completely incapable of doing. That’s why McCann is playing, he can run plenty and wins some headers sometimes so he’s been picked as our best bet for lone frontman. I couldn’t see any of the others being more effective in the current situation.

If we can get a functioning midfield then I’d like to see ohara and Wighton start a few games together with us playing in a 442.

Here’s hoping before we play Hamilton we sign another centre back or keep Connolly and start him. We need someone new in midfield for the Hamilton game too. We can’t get pumped again this week or we are down.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 17:35

I`ve been supporting the Pars for about 35 years and this is definitely the worst squad of players we`ve ever had in my opinion. We`ve had some bad squads before but this lot are beyond howling. The whole club needs gutted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 18:19

I seem to remember poor teams around 1976 77 and the early 80s just before Jim Leishman took over. I didn`t go frequently in the early 80s as I had got married and was watching the pennies but when I did it was poor.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 19:25

This current outfit are the worst ever IMO - the earlier poor sides quoted above were part timers.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net