DAFC.net
Home 02 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scotland play off match - Poland Friendly
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 17:56

Do we have a date for our match in March - I think it`s either the 24th or 25th but do we know which one yet?

Post Edited (Tue 15 Mar 06:52)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scotland play off match
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 18:04

24th for semi 29th for final/friendly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 18:13

Brilliant thanks
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 18:14

Members tickets selling well, think that window finishes 27th Feb and can’t see many (if any) going to public sale.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 18:39

Quote:

P, Wed 16 Feb 18:14

Members tickets selling well, think that window finishes 27th Feb and can’t see many (if any) going to public sale.

If every member takes a ticket (sure we have 38k now) then around 2000/3000 will be left I think
But could be more depending how many Ukraine sell of their allocation

Post Edited (Wed 16 Feb 18:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 19:42

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Wed 16 Feb 18:39

Quote:

P, Wed 16 Feb 18:14

If every member takes a ticket (sure we have 38k now) then around 2000/3000 will be left I think
But could be more depending how many Ukraine sell of their allocation

Yeah, 38k is current membership. The unknown number is the amount that goes to sponsors, affiliates and hangers on and I think that amount could be quite sizeable. So with between them and Ukraine allocation (plus if any seats lost to segregate) doesn’t leave a lot out of the remaining 13,866 unfortunately

Post Edited (Wed 16 Feb 19:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 22:56

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 16 Feb 18:04

24th for semi 29th for final/friendly

Look at me, I go to all the games
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Feb 14:44

Ukraine allocation is c.2500.

around 24,000 members opted to buy the 4 match package. Very refreshing to see well priced tickets + enjoyable football combining well.

cheaper to watch international games than it is to watch pars these days.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 17:53

Surely growing concern on Ukraine`s ability to fulfil this fixture if the Russian military action continues to escalate.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 18:55

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 19 Feb 17:53

Surely growing concern on Ukraine`s ability to fulfil this fixture if the Russian military action continues to escalate.

I can`t see why the game would be in doubt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 18:57

You can`t see why the game would be in doubt? Well I hope you`re right.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 20:02

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 19 Feb 18:57

You can`t see why the game would be in doubt? Well I hope you`re right.

The games at Hampden for a start

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 20:27

And many of the opposition players are in Ukraine playing for the likes of Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 21:34

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 19 Feb 20:27

And many of the opposition players are in Ukraine playing for the likes of Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk.

The same Shakhtar Donetsk who have played their games in Kiev since 2014 when the armed conflict began in eastern Ukraine who have managed to continue to participate despite losing their home?

Post Edited (Sat 19 Feb 21:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 21:58

Yes that`s the club I`m referring to. Of course it`s all hypothetical but in the event of an all out invasion by Russia how does the Ukraine football team get from there to here? All hypothetical like I said, nothing will probably happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 13:37

Its funny how things that seem obvious to some folk seem obscure to others. Different mindsets I suppose.

I just wonder, as we appear to be talking hypothetically if Scotland had voted for independence and England launched an armed offensive , how many of us would fk off and play a game of football whilst our families and friends were being killed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 15:16

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 20 Feb 13:37

Its funny how things that seem obvious to some folk seem obscure to others. Different mindsets I suppose.

I just wonder, as we appear to be talking hypothetically if Scotland had voted for independence and England launched an armed offensive , how many of us would fk off and play a game of football whilst our families and friends were being killed.

We all would be able to watch the football because we`d have spanked England within a week. Easy peasy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 17:09

Quote:

Because we are talking about a game in 5 weeks that will be held in Glasgow and where there has been not yet been an armed offensive although a previous incursion to Shakthar was used as an example of how sport has a weird habit of enduring in extremely trying circumstances. You would have to be extremely obtuse to interpret the conversation as anyone saying the Ukrainians would be non plus about playing if they were defending an invasion….which at the time of writing they are not - and indeed the locals seem to be living their life fairly normally as best they can, which may even have included football if they were not on their winter break.

But as you say some things that are obvious may be obscure to others.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Feb 17:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 22:06

Quote:

P, Sun 20 Feb 17:09

Quote:

Because we are talking about a game in 5 weeks that will be held in Glasgow and where there has been not yet been an armed offensive although a previous incursion to Shakthar was used as an example of how sport has a weird habit of enduring in extremely trying circumstances. You would have to be extremely obtuse to interpret the conversation as anyone saying the Ukrainians would be non plus about playing if they were defending an invasion….which at the time of writing they are not - and indeed the locals seem to be living their life fairly normally as best they can, which may even have included football if they were not on their winter break.

How fortunate we are to have super smart people like you to keep us right. So are you one of the ones who would go play football while your mates headed to the front line?

Question was asked, why would it not be on.
I suggested a valid reason but hey ho the smartasses have to have their day on dotnet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Feb 05:48

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 20 Feb 22:06

Quote:

Quote:

How fortunate we are to have super smart people like you to keep us right. So are you one of the ones who would go play football while your mates headed to the front line?

I suggested a valid reason but hey ho the smartasses have to have their day on dotnet.

I quite literally said you have to be obtuse to interpret that as meaning anyone would see football as being a priority - and yet here you are being extremely obtuse

Then you double down by crying into your milk when someone responds to your own smart ass tone in a like manner - hilarious 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Feb 11:53

If the worst does now come to pass, which I sincerely hope doesn`t, and Ukraine is fully invaded then it is inconceivable in my opinion that Ukraine will be able to play the game.
Although obviously secondary to the fact the tens of thousands will be killed where does that leave the play off? Does another nation step in (I`ve heard Finland would be the next best qualifier) or is the game just voided and we go straight through to play either Wales or Austria?
I guess none of us will know until we know see what Putin does next. Hopefully for non footballing reasons we will be playing Ukraine in four weeks or so.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 23 Feb 16:13

If as is suggested in the last post ,and Ukraine is fully invaded ,I would hope Uefa would throw Russia out of the qualifiers,along with all European competitors.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 23 Feb 17:27

- Alexa, define “Irony”

PARrot - “How fortunate we are to have super smart people like you to keep us right. So are you one of the ones who would go play football while your mates headed to the front line?

I suggested a valid reason but hey ho the smartasses have to have their day on dotnet.”

🤦🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 06:47

Quote:

Because we are talking about a game in 5 weeks that will be held in Glasgow and where there has been not yet been an armed offensive although a previous incursion to Shakthar was used as an example of how sport has a weird habit of enduring in extremely trying circumstances.

Just for information and not having a go but Shakhtar is not a place. It actually means miner as with many ex soviet football teams they are named after major industries in the area they were from.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 09:31

It`s hard to see how this game could go ahead now? It would morally be wrong.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 09:43

I’m torn, on the one hand no - it’s a game and meaningless considering they’re being invaded!

On the other hand, if we’re prevent them from playing then we’re denying them a global opportunity to demonstrate that they are a proper country and their big bully neighbour can’t take everything away from them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 10:08

Ultimately, it will be a decision for Ukraine as to whether they would wish to play or not?

UEFA should kick all Russian teams out of future competitions too.

Post Edited (Thu 24 Feb 10:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 10:49

Raymie, it`s looking like Ukraine will not exist by the time the game is played. If Putin allows Ukraine to maintain some notion of statehood he won`t be wanting their football team generating national pride. Of course there is also the logistics of Ukraine based players getting to Scotland anyway and I really doubt they could leave behind their families and friends in such a situation.

Post Edited (Thu 24 Feb 10:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 11:19

You would imagine Poland will get a bye, they are due to play in Russia who hopefully will get kicked out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ohaye  
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 12:15

Without judging on whether it’s right or wrong to play games of football whilst at war. I note that Iraq didn’t stop playing games during the 2003 war there. They were unable to play games within the country but still competed.

Ultimately it’s not black & white and probably a decision for the Ukrainian FA to make after consultation with their players. I don’t think they should be forced to play if they aren’t comfortable. Russia on the other hand should be frozen out by Fifa/UEFA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 15:13

Belarus should be sanctioned as well as Russia.

Post Edited (Thu 24 Feb 15:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 15:35

I cannot see this match going ahead. Ukraine Ambassador to UK now calling for a no-fly zone above Ukraine.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 16:35

BREAKING:

Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic have made a joint statement refusing to play their play-offs for the FIFA World Cup against Russia in Moscow.
Not had it confirmed yet ,but seems likely

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Feb 18:51

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Thu 24 Feb 06:47

Quote:

Because we are talking about a game in 5 weeks that will be held in Glasgow and where there has been not yet been an armed offensive although a previous incursion to Shakthar was used as an example of how sport has a weird habit of enduring in extremely trying circumstances.

Just for information and not having a go but Shakhtar is not a place. It actually means miner as with many ex soviet football teams they are named after major industries in the area they were from.

I stand corrected 👌🏽👍🏼

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 07:40

If FIFA is consistent then Russia will not be kicked out. After all, we weren`t kicked out for invading Iraq.

It would be great if they took a stand on such things but it seems like favouritism if they only punish certain nations for waging illegal wars.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Fri 25 Feb 07:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 09:16

That’s a a good point About Iraq

I suppose one difference is that this is one of their members attacking another one of their members…
And other members have rightly come out and said they refuse to play them.

So the context is slightly different
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 09:31

The context is the same but the response is different. Iraq was also a FIFA member.

FIFA wouldn`t have given a toss had Qatar or Somalia refused to play the US in 2003, in fact they likely would have punished them for refusing to play, and accused them of politicising football.

I`m not defending Putin here by the way, just pointing out that what he is doing is terrible but no more terrible than things that we have also done in the recent past. We do not hold any moral high ground here.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 09:42

"`m not defending Putin here by the way, just pointing out that what he is doing is terrible but no more terrible than things that we have also done in the recent past. We do not hold any moral high ground here."

I completely agree on that. the UK`s fixation to hang on to US`s coat-tails in recent years and follow them into conflict is a disgrace

[I]am I not right in thinking that recently uefa buckled and made Ukraine change their national strip at Russia`s request - because they had an outline of their country on it (which obviously included the Russian annexed chunk) along with a go Ukraine slogan

Post Edited (Fri 25 Feb 09:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 09:52

Wotsit - We can troll through history to seek fine examples of hypocrisy but it merely deflects away from the seriousness of the situation now which is deserving of all our focus and attention.

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Fri 25 Feb 09:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 10:27

St Petersburg stripped of Champions League Final ,moved to Stade de France Paris

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 12:59

Quote:

DunfyDave, Fri 25 Feb 09:52

Wotsit - We can troll through history to seek fine examples of hypocrisy but it merely deflects away from the seriousness of the situation now which is deserving of all our focus and attention.

We don`t have to trawl through history, we just have to remember back a few years. Nobody here should struggle to know that we waged an illegal war in Iraq for over a decade. It was on the news.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 13:12

So because we waged an illegal war in Iraq years ago ,we should do nothing about Russia?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 13:25

Quote:

Wotsit, Fri 25 Feb 12:59

Quote:

DunfyDave, Fri 25 Feb 09:52

We don`t have to trawl through history, we just have to remember back a few years. Nobody here should struggle to know that we waged an illegal war in Iraq for over a decade. It was on the news.

^^^ It was nearly twenty years ago Wotsit and rather than fanning dying embers of a hypocrisy of times gone by perhaps we should focus on the raging fire in front of our eyes.

Do you see my point?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 16:29

I don`t think that we should be using sport to punish some folk but not others. Saudi Arabia is currently bombing Yemeni civilians into the stone age, but there hasn`t been a peep about that. There are innumerable other illegal incursions and conflicts across the world.

If we are to use sport as a weapon then we shouldn`t politicise it by only using it to punish countries who illegally bomb folk without our permission. It stinks of racism to be honest - you will, it appears, be fine if you only bomb non-White folk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 16:46

Sporting sanctions were used against the odious racist regime of South Africa for years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 18:26

Quote:

Wotsit, Fri 25 Feb 16:29

I don`t think that we should be using sport to punish some folk but not others. Saudi Arabia is currently bombing Yemeni civilians into the stone age, but there hasn`t been a peep about that. There are innumerable other illegal incursions and conflicts across the world.

If we are to use sport as a weapon then we shouldn`t politicise it by only using it to punish countries who illegally bomb folk without our permission. It stinks of racism to be honest - you will, it appears, be fine if you only bomb non-White folk.

So sorry Ukraine ,wouldn`t want to bring politics into sport , Russia bash on !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 19:52

The reason that we never hear anything about the Saudi bombings is because they are friendly with our Royals and we sell loads of weapons and bombs to them.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 25 Feb 20:25

It’s not just Saudi bombing the Yemen, but the Yemenis are targeting civilian targets throughout the Middle East.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 09:10

Poland having said they will not play in Russia , have now said they will not play Russia at all , what Fifa will do now ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 09:44

This will be deemed a forfeit by Poland so i expect Russia will advance to the Final as FIFA will say no mixing of football and politics

Post Edited (Sat 26 Feb 09:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 09:57

Czechia and Sweden in talks to put forward a united front ,so I wouldn`t expect any qualifiers with Russia to go ahead .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 10:34

I sincerely hope that FIFA can see the sense in disqualifying Russia altogether.

They should be sanctioned in solidarity to the global outrage.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 10:46

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sat 26 Feb 10:34

I sincerely hope that FIFA can see the sense in disqualifying Russia altogether.

They should be sanctioned in solidarity to the global outrage.

If FIFA allow Russia into World Cup every nation should boycott it.
They should be boycotting it anyway.
The choice of Qatar was questionable in the first place but with the death toll of workers building the stadiums and infrastructure and the female Mexican FIFA representative there who was raped, being offered to marry her rapist or be sentenced to 500 lashes and up to 9 years in prison for " having sex outwith marriage". That backwards country should be told to GTF.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 11:16

International sport, rightly/wrongly is entangled in politics.

The Nazi`s politicised the 1936 Berlin Olympics. The international community sanctioned South Africa during Apartheid. The Russian state sanctioned doping scandal. To name but a few.

FIFA themselves are embroiled in scandal with state sponsored political bribery to secure world cup winning bids, Russia included.

This being said, they should grow a pair and join the international community in condemning the Russian invasion of Ukraine and suspend then from future competitions.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 11:32

The three remaining countries will not play against Russia. Well done to Poland for their stance.
One can only hope that being ostracised from the rest of the world will encourage the Russian people to demand the removal of the maniac that is Putin

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 12:04

Also time for the IOC to stop the farce of allowing Russian athletes to compete under various banners , they are drug cheats , now is the time to ban all Russian sports competitors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Feb 14:54

Sweden join Poland in refusing to play Russia in the world cup qualifiers .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Feb 21:57

Fifa has ordered Russia to complete their upcoming matches without their flag, anthem and as the Football Union of Russia in neutral territory, following the invasion of Ukraine.
Sweden still refusing to say them .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 27 Feb 22:11

FIFA in **** the bed shocker

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Feb 22:33

Russia has shown total disregard to the common rules of society and should not enjoy any privilege until they rejoin that commitment.

In addition to all the political and financial sanctions being levied they should be stripped of all sporting affiliations.

Very disappointing that FIFA have not shown bigger balls with this. ⚽⚽

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 27 Feb 22:41

"International sport, rightly/wrongly is entangled in politics."

Politics impacted on the 1968/69 European Cup Winners Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968%E2%80%9369_European_Cup_Winners%27_Cup

Ironic considering who won the competition.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 07:13

Bratislava were an occupied city following the Russian attack on Checkoslovacia (spelling?) there was no bad feeling towards them, only the Soviet Union who attacked them with tanks.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 09:20

Media reporting that the World Cup (Qatar) is now in jeopardy as FIFA refuse to suspend Russia from the competition whilst a growing list of countries refuse to play them.

Those bribes to secure the Russian World Cup now paying dividends and have FIFA running scared?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 09:34

World champions France call for Russia to be thrown out of 2022 World Cup.
English FA now saying no English representative side will play Russia in any compensation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 10:11

Waited half an hour in the queue for the website to crash at bang on 10am, didn’t think I’d get them anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 13:51

"International sport, rightly/wrongly is entangled in politics."

what makes international sport, could it be nation states playing against each other? what`s more political than a nation state?

my view on this is that russia should be banned... but i also accept that it`s quite difficult because then organisations like FIFA now have to decide if someone is an aggressor or legitimately defending (i`m sure a situation that will be viewed differently from both sides)

for example, using that logic, scotland would have have been banned after we invaded iraq?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 14:35

Bill Leckie in the press today:-

Scotland must do right thing and let Ukraine progress to World Cup play-off final, reckons Bill Leckie

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 14:52

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 28 Feb 14:35

Scotland must do right thing and let Ukraine progress to World Cup play-off final, reckons Bill Leckie

No
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 15:15

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Mon 28 Feb 14:52

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 28 Feb 14:35

No

^^^ Couldn`t agree more Rusty. BIG NO from me too.

FIFA now in advanced talks with EUFA to suspend the Russian Football Union

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 15:24

"Bratislava were an occupied city following the Russian attack on Checkoslovacia (spelling?) there was no bad feeling towards them, only the Soviet Union who attacked them with tanks."

Three other countries invaded alongside the USSR - UEFA altered the mechanics of the draw and 5 clubs from the then Eastern Bloc withdrew in protest.

Presumably under pressure from their political masters to please the Russians.

Torino got a free pass into the 2nd round - Barcelona a bye to the 1/4 finals after 1st round success, and played both legs at the Nou Camp.

Slovan meanwhile had to contest each round, as we well know.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 15:40

Edited - just read his article & I can see where he`s coming from.

Post Edited (Mon 28 Feb 15:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 15:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 28 Feb 15:40

I think it`s well intended but still don`t agree.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:01

Confirmed now - Both EUFA and FIFA have suspended the Russian Football Association and they will no longer play in any competitions.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:05

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Mon 28 Feb 15:46

Quote:

On second thoughts......it`s an absolutely ridiculous idea. Where would it stop? Do we just award Ukraine the World Cup? Of course not. Leckie GRTF

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:06

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Mon 28 Feb 15:46

Quote:

Bill Leckie is a Rangers fan and therefore happy to say anything that prevents a successful Scotland team.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:07

I thought he was a Falkirk fan.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:10

Quote:

dd23, Mon 28 Feb 18:07

I thought he was a Falkirk fan.

^^^ Definitely NOT a Scotland fan

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:12

Bill Leckie is a St Mirren fan .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:32

UEFA has today decided to end its partnership with Gazprom across all competitions.

The decision is effective immediately and covers all existing agreements including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA national team competitions and UEFA EURO 2024.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 18:44

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Mon 28 Feb 18:32

UEFA has today decided to end its partnership with Gazprom across all competitions.

The decision is effective immediately and covers all existing agreements including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA national team competitions and UEFA EURO 2024.

Fair play to UEFA. I thought money would be their only concern.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 19:09

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Mon 28 Feb 18:12

Bill Leckie is a St Mirren fan .

Kiddie on Saints fan.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 21:17

Why surrender our possible slot. Just give them Russia`s place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Mon 28 Feb 22:14

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 28 Feb 21:17

Russia don`t have a place they were in another playoff section

Post Edited (Mon 28 Feb 22:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Mar 09:10

Barr`s will have to cease exports of Irn Bru to Russia 🤔

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 1 Mar 09:22

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Mon 28 Feb 22:14

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 28 Feb 21:17

Russia don`t have a place they were in another playoff section

Yeah I know but thewhole thing can be shoogled. Russia out, Ukraine in and we progress.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Mar 19:03

Official - Ukraine now approached SFA and FIFA to suspend upcoming play-off match against Scotland at Hampden

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Mar 19:37

They will probably move it to June
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Mar 20:03

We have Euro qualifiers in June, do we not?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Mar 20:33

It is nations league games in June and we are due to play Ukraine at Hampden on the 7th June so we would need to fit that game in somewhere if we did move the playoff game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 3 Mar 22:31

If Putin gets his way, Ukraine may soon cease to exist as separate country. Under these circumstances football begins to lose it`s appeal. Maybe the whole competition should be put in abeyance.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Mar 08:10

We should do our very best to accommodate them - Terrible situation for them

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Fri 4 Mar 09:46

Does anyone realistically think that the situation is going to be resolved by June. Putins going for broke.It will take years for the Russians to wise up and withdraw from Ukraine if they ever do.

Ukraine should either fufill the fixture as they are capable of doing or withdraw and allow another country a shot at us. Pushing it to June will change nothing .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Mar 11:18

I don`t think for a second that this wil be resolved anytime soon but we do need to be sincere and sensitive to the situation and assist where we can.

Time will tell, and pretty soon I would imagine, if Ukraine can even fulfill this delayed fixture at all.

When that time comes, I believe they should not be replaced with another team and we should be given a by into the next round.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 09:47

Postponed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60650445
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 10:32

Was always going to happen. Would be great if Ukraine are in a position to freely play this game in three months.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 13:16

You’re kidding - this is Scotland remember…

If Ukraine managed to cobble together 8 players, two women players and get a 75 year old retired wheelchair-ridden ex-goalkeeper out of retirement, we would lose 1-0 to an offside breakaway that tripped over a tuft of grass 2 metres outside the box and landed just inside, getting a penalty - despite having two goals incorrectly disallowed, hitting the bar 4 times, the wheelchair deflecting 5 shots over the bar and 2 stonewall penalty claims being turned down…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 16:10

FIFA should allow Ukraine to be Putin (did you see what i did there) directly to the finals as an extra team (draw lots for which group they are added to)

Scotland then play the winners of Wales v Austria

Great way for the world to unite behind Ukraine and give a big middle finger to Putin, it can’t be impossible to accommodate an extra team in the finals of the will if the people want it

Post Edited (Tue 08 Mar 20:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 16:13

Great idea Kenny.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 16:38

why not just award them the trophy so show we all empathize with their plight? With how things are just now there is a 50/50 possibility that there may be no such country as Ukraine come the start of the World cup as be under Russian/Putin government.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Scotland play off match - Poland Friendly
Date:   Tue 15 Mar 06:51

Scotland will play Poland in a friendly instead of their postponed World Cup play-off semi-final against Ukraine.

The game will be played at Hampden on 24 March, the date of the original tie, with £10 from each ticket sold going to Unicef`s response in Ukraine.

Poland had been scheduled to play Russia that evening, but have been given a bye into a final with Czech Republic or Sweden on 29 March.

Special shout out to Poland BTW - they`ve taken in 1.5million displaced by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and due to the generosity of the local population taking people in, Poland hasn`t built one single refugee camp!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net