DAFC.net
Home 03 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Arbroath
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 09:08

link to highlights

Highlights up at 10.00

John Hughes up at 12.00 noon

Steven Lawless at 2pm

from the ParsTV team

Post Edited (Sun 06 Mar 18:40)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Arbroath - from 10.00am
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 16:18

I think the highlights are a fair reflection of the game. We controlled the game for long spells and caused Arbroath some problems in their box without creating too many clear-cut chances. Maybe they didn`t do justice to O`Hara`s superb effort which hit the post. As I thought, it was McCann who hit the goal-frame near the end and not Donaldson as some reports had it. It was s poor goal to lose though with Dow and Chalmers left defending the centre of the penalty box.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 18:34

Would agree with your comments wee eck , I think it was a poor goal we lost also
still wondering why our 2 centre backs are out at the touchline ? Jakub had hard lines with the shot he almost kept it out but really we need to wonder why it`s Dow and Chalmers in the middle of the goals , we really need to start on the front foot next week against Hamilton it`s a must win game
thanks again for the highlights Brian and Team

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 18:34

We are playing good football .. all we lack is a wee bit composure and a slice of luck .. on a better day we could have won that 5-2 .. COYP

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 19:14

Unlucky but also, the finishing in clear cut chances just isn`t good enough. Dow had to bury the chance at the start of the game, Lawless in the 1v1. Defending for the first goal is just diabolical coming from just a long throw down the line with the CBs both being pulled out to the wing. Edwards wasting cross after cross yet wasn`t substituted when his confidence was clearly shot.

In general frustrated that Hughes let the 2nd half rumble along like he did, the quadruple subs with just over 5 mins to go was bizzare. They brought on Thomson for Linn at HT and it was pretty obvious how they would play from that point on, why not bring on Todorov and McCann and start firing balls into the box? We weren`t creating anything with the midfield throughout most of the half.

Chalmers and Dorrans for me just slowed the play down too much. If we were grinding out wins with the current formation I`d be fine with it, but given the predicament I think they need to become a more aggressive team. I`d like to see some combination next week of;

Stolarczyk

Comrie
Ambrose
Donaldson
Martin

Thomas
Pybus
Polworth
Lawless

Todorov/McCann
O`Hara
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Arbroath
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 19:57

Pretty much agree with all of that King Par.

I don`t think we need both Dorrans and Chalmers. I thought Chalmers was quicker and more positive in possession yesterday than in previous games. Dorrans is not a 10, he doesn`t offer enough there.

I don`t envisage many changes, I think Thomas will come in for Dow but I`d be surprised if Hughes changes much else.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 20:35

I don’t envy Yogi his task over the next wee while. I honestly can’t see what he can do in the short term to sort things out. Our body language on the pitch is terrible - there’s just no confidence there at all.
I know he’s been getting knocked by some for his cheery demeanour in post-match interviews but, honestly, what else can the guy do? I suspect he’s a really worried man behind the mask.
When Grant was in charge we persevered with building play out of defence, starting attacks with OFW, but it was patently clear that we didn’t have the players with the skillset or the speed to execute this, and it was all so grindingly slow and ponderous. Worryingly there were signs of this continuing in yesterday’s game. OK, maybe we don’t want to see hoofball but there has to be a happy medium. Is this something that Shields is insisting on?
Something else that seems to be feature of our game now is repeated short distance passing, perhaps just four or five metres, to a fellow player and then back again and so-on. We make no progress whatsoever and this type of possession offers absolutely no threat to the opposition.
Oh dear. I really wish I could find some positivity in what I’m seeing but I can’t. Sorry.
Thanks anyway, Brian and team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Mar 20:45

I don`t think we were as bad as that. I`ve watched the post-match interviews with two of the Arbroath players and they acknowledged they rode their luck at times. Even Dick admitted
it wasn`t a great performance from them and he was only interested in the result.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 7 Mar 15:03

pinched from P&B

"I`m still wondering how the heck we won that game yesterday. OK, we scored and Dunfermline didn`t. But they had the majority of possession, passed the ball instead of lumping it up the park and looked the better side . They were unlucky with the chances they had but as has been said, when you`re struggling near the bottom of the league you don`t seem to get the breaks. They started well and our goal came pretty much with our first real attack with McKenna flicking Hammy`s throw in to Jack Hamilton who crossed for Gold to score. We had other chances to score but they were wasted, rather than being unlucky not to score. But in the end it`s points that count and we took all 3."

Interesting take on Saturdays` events

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net