DAFC.net
Home 02 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Run In
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 22:57

I just noted down who everyone still has to play.
On Saturday we are away and all the folk we can catch are at home. It could get worse before it gets better. They are playing the top sides at home of course, but the form book seems to be oot the windse just now.
The following week is a reversal. We are at home and the others are all away, then we have our game in hand against a supposedly in form team yet one who are scoring few. On the 26th our rivals are playing each other while we have an out of sorts ICT away. I think that will be a massive week, especially if we can get something from Partick.

The last two weeks favour us, but only if we are still in it.

Squeeky bum time alright but it is still all there to play for. The teams above us must drop points playing each other.

I think we can do it, and if we can turn up in numbers to the home games we might just give them that extra boost that turns hitting the woodwork into scoring goals.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Run In
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 00:26

With Jakub probably away on international duty and Deniz Mehmet out injured leaving our goalkeeping coach Neil Alexander the only keeper for the games against Partick and Inverness .would Hughes play a 44 year old that hasn`t played for a few years in goal for such important games .

nazpar

Post Edited (Wed 09 Mar 00:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 05:48

Who else is he going to play?

We really need something from Saturday`s game if possible. Lose that and its 2 losses on the spin and we all know how important momentum is at this stage of the season. We also need to win our massive home games against Queens, Ayr and Morton. Even that might not be enough though. Raith have been on a stinking run but it`s a Derby game and they will want to do something in that one. Inverness aren`t in great form but we`ve traditionally struggled up there with the ironic exception of earlier this season. Going to be tight but I think we`ll finish 9th at best and I don`t fancy our chances in a playoff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 07:43

Nothing like being optimistic!

When Neil Alexander signed JH said Mehmet was a couple of weeks away from being fit but he`s not progressing as well as hoped apparently. Emergency loan may be possible but it`s not yet confirmed that Jakub will go on international duty.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Mar 08:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 09:23

We all have the same teams to play in the run in, so there is no advantage really for anyone.
Our only slight disadvantage would be the derby. Whereas the others may play a Raith who have chucked it, it might be different in our game against them.
Personally I feel we need 7pts from the next 3 games to have any chance of staying off bottom.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 12:20

on the keepers, the international week means no top flight games so there could be a couple more senior options available if we can get an emergency loan which id hope the club are getting a guarantee it will be allowed from the league/sfa already.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 14:40

Don`t worry, I`m sure Yogi has been on the phone to Ryan Stevenson already, sounding him out for a stint between the sticks. If only OFW was still here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 15:31

I see a miniscule chink of hope. It`s this: some posters say we should ignore what the other teams are doing and take care of ourselves. But it might not be possible for us to take care of ourselves - I sometimes think we`re like someone with a broken leg - we need more time to heal and make the progress that we crave. In that case, it is just possible that QOS won`t pick up many more points. So long as they stay within range and we`ve got home games to play, especially against them on the last day, we`re in it. Even if QOS win this weekend and go 5 points clear of us, it may be the only points they`ll get, and that would remain our target.

Aye - I`m clutching, not even at straws now, but the dust left after they`ve blown away!

What I`m hoping for is not exactly pie in the sky - more like a five course meal at the Savoy, wi` Cointreau and posh chocolates and a big fat Cuban cigar thrown in!

Post Edited (Wed 09 Mar 15:44)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 18:25

OFW not return for a couple of games as an emergency?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 9 Mar 23:08

He left for family reasons didn`t he? I doubt those issues will disappear for a weekend. Plus I doubt he can sign for just one game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 11 Mar 12:50

Maybe we could sign Jim Hamilton as an amateur again, as emergency cover between the sticks? He can`t be any worse there than he was up front for the Pars. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 11 Mar 17:35

I still remember Sandy Clark playing up front for us!!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 11 Mar 17:41

Second slowest player I witnessed in a pars top Eastendalloapar, narrowly behind Gary Paterson.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 11 Mar 17:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 11 Mar 17:35

My sole memory of him as a player was at Firhill. Goalkeeper kicked the ball out, he jumped and was back on the ground before the ball reached the top of its trajectory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 11 Mar 17:59

Quote:

parsfan, Fri 11 Mar 17:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 11 Mar 17:35

My sole memory of him as a player was at Firhill. Goalkeeper kicked the ball out, he jumped and was back on the ground before the ball reached the top of its trajectory.

I remember that incident exactly the same as you do. It was one of the worst striker performances I think I’ve seen, although in fairness it was an incredibly windy day. Some of our goal kicks barely got out of the 18 yard box.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 00:43

A win tomorrow in Hamilton and we might just make it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 02:05

I noticed that Cowdenbeath FC was a pointless answer in the BBC quiz show of that name tonight. If we come out of tomorrow`s game pointless or with only one point, I state the obvious by saying the game may be up. QoS are playing Raith at home and they have gone into a tailspin after the Goodwillie debacle. I think QoS will win that one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 05:53

"I noticed that Cowdenbeath FC was a pointless answer in the BBC quiz show of that name tonight. If we come out of tomorrow`s game pointless or with only one point, I state the obvious by saying the game may be up. QoS are playing Raith at home and they have gone into a tailspin after the Goodwillie debacle. I think QoS will win that one."

If QOS and the Pars both win today - not an impossible scenario - a proverb about cats and pigeons will spring to mind. 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 08:20

Would love to see the form guide for the bottom 5 for the last 6 games.

We look like the only team going the wrong way. Totally reliant on other teams to have ‘peaked’ too soon in the run in and collapse.

Post Edited (Sat 12 Mar 08:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 08:45

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 12 Mar 08:20

Would love to see the form guide for the bottom 5 for the last 6 games.

Loose your mind here: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland2

We`re mostly mid table on form but the teams around us are mostly doing better.

A win today would start to change the picture.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 12:40

Thanks fcda. Some teams in the top half having a bad spell keeping us off bottom.

Teams down the bottom all having better spells too, we’ll need one to have a fighting chance of the playoffs.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 12 Mar 14:38

Run in? It`ll be a`right if it is a run in and not a hobble or limp in. But I`m gettin` excited, approaching kick off, it could be big game, it feels like settin` off for Glasgow for the cup final in `68, wi` ma scarf hangin` oot the windae a` the way.
COYP! COYP! COYP!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net