DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 TV coverage
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 18 Mar 23:40

So what did the TV pundits make of the match? What was the consensus re O`Hara`s disallowed goal? Do they think relegation is as inevitable as some of our supporters do?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: TV coverage
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 18 Mar 23:44

Consensus was fractionally offside (albeit I didn`t watch the post match)

Most of the chat during the game was positive other than the final third. Lots of nice football but no punch. Basically a more moderate, centrist version of this forum!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 08:30

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 18 Mar 23:40

So what did the TV pundits make of the match? What was the consensus re O`Hara`s disallowed goal? Do they think relegation is as inevitable as some of our supporters do?

Watched the `punditry` when I got back from the game. Jack Ross seemed to think Ohara`s goal was inside.
Both think that if we play as we did 2nd half, then we should, just about be safe.
The first half was slow and cumbersome. Pretty passes at the back to middle with nothing upfront. 2nd half was played with more pace, but as Dougie Imrie said "have all the possession you want, you need to score goals"

BUT, I suspect you already knew this Eck and where being mischievous πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 08:54

How could I know what the pundits said when I didn`t see the TV coverage? I was genuinely interested in how neutrals saw the game because we Pars` fans tend to see things the way we want to see them - and that can work both ways.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:20

Keeper slipped and let another fluke goal in.
Offside equaliser that wasn`t offside.
Hit the woodwork again.

If Jack Ross says we were good, ill take his opinion over any amateur one.
21 points to play for. Everyone playing each other at the bottom, I don`t see why some of you have given up.

Post Edited (Sat 19 Mar 09:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:21

They stated we were looking for the perfect goal and 2 up front causes more problems. Pretty fair from what I saw at the game. O`Hara offside was tight and never really got a good angle on TV.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:35

"Keeper slipped and let another fluke goal in."

A player running through the middle of the park unchallenged and hitting a shot in the bottom corner isn`t a fluke goal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:40

Quote:

Perkins, Sat 19 Mar 09:35

"Keeper slipped and let another fluke goal in."

A player running through the middle of the park unchallenged and hitting a shot in the bottom corner isn`t a fluke goal.

It was. He mis-hit it, it trundled and bobbled and the keeper would have got it if he hadn`t slipped in a mud patch.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:46

I honestly believe there are people on this forum who hate the Pars and actually want us to lose games

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:00

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 19 Mar 09:46

I honestly believe there are people on this forum who hate the Pars and actually want us to lose games

Nah, it just seems like that, da. It`s just that some folk are only happy when they have something to greet about. πŸ™‚

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:04

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 19 Mar 09:46

I don`t. I think they are passionate and hurting, but they aren`t helping with their nagativity.
I see the stats and hear their points but I just dont get folk who give up when there are enough points to play for. I may well enf up miserable at the end of the season but why be so miserable before the ba is actually burst.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:22

I still remember vividly going a goal down away to Arbroath early in the 2nd half in AUGUST a few seasons ago and one particular poster saying "we have half an hour to save our season"

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:28

Fair summing-up, PARrot.

I`ve just watched the last 15 minutes and post-match analysis on the iplayer. Some positive comments from Leanne Crichton and Jack Ross just enforce my own views. It`s a shame they didn`t have a better angle for the disallowed goal because, as they said, defenders tend to get the benefit of the doubt in these situations. Knowing it was onside wouldn`t change anything anyway; we`ve just got to get on with it and hope we get a few breaks on the run-in. How Kevin Clancy couldn`t see that Hamilton deflected Thomas`s shot for a corner is hard to credit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:31

good overall lacking up front although second half was much better
morton’s manager came over as a village idiot and a thug
still not convinced by our keeper
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net