DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dougie Imrie
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 00:01

What an unlikeable fud he is

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dougie Imrie
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 06:48

Quote:

Livingston Par, Sat 19 Mar 00:01

How did you come to that conclusion, LP? I met him before the game last night, as he`s serving a ban and isn`t allowed any contact with his players. I got chatting to him and told him he wasn`t the first bad boy Morton manager I`d looked after at EEP, as Jim Duffy also had to serve a ban and I remember him being quite embarrassed at the time.

Imrie was very complimentary about the Pars. He said we have a good squad, that we were the better team v both Arbroath and the Accies and thinks we`ll stay up. He asked what the score had been when Jim Duffy was banned. I told him I couldn`t remember but thought it might have been a draw and he replied he`d be very happy with a point.

He came across as a very likeable guy and not at all how you described him.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 08:36

Quote:

Livingston Par, Sat 19 Mar 00:01

Agreed .
Just listened to his post match interview . He said nothing that would make me think anything else .

Bobvo

Post Edited (Sat 19 Mar 08:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 08:46

He came across in his interview as the kind of manager who gives no credit to the opposition - a complete contrast to GG Riva`s experience in meeting him. I wonder which is the real Dougie Imrie? Is this just an example of a manager adapting to circumstances and responding accordingly?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:19

Nice to see the club using your career experience of giving a long stand GG
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:26

Was pretty ungracious in his post match interview saying you can have all the possession you want but it`s about scoring goals and the point is better for Morton than us.

Truthful but ungracious gave us no credit whatsoever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 09:44

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 19 Mar 08:46

He came across in his interview as the kind of manager who gives no credit to the opposition - a complete contrast to GG Riva`s experience in meeting him. I wonder which is the real Dougie Imrie? Is this just an example of a manager adapting to circumstances and responding accordingly?

Of course, I didn`t see his post match interview, but it sounds quite defensive, perhaps trying to justify his team`s negative tactics. He should have been fairly happy with the point - they were fortunate to get one in the end.

I`d like to think the man I met was the real Dougie Imrie. He seemed sincere in his evaluation of the Pars and it was good humoured chat with lots of banter. I`d hate to think he was being totally two faced - we weren`t on camera after all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 10:06

There is the truth and there is what a manager thinks he needs to say to his players and fans.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sat 19 Mar 12:50

Yeah GG just like a few others have said he was very ungracious after the game. Reminded me of the tool at Hearts. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt this time as although his team didn`t deserve anything he was probably still gutted they didn`t get all 3.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 08:07

Quote:

Livingston Par, Sat 19 Mar 12:50

Yeah GG just like a few others have said he was very ungracious after the game. Reminded me of the tool at Hearts. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt this time as although his team didn`t deserve anything he was probably still gutted they didn`t get all 3.

The "tool at Hearts" is definitely one arrogant pup. 😃 Imrie didn`t come across like that at all during our chat. He also expressed an interest in how Ambrose was doing and he was informed that Oor Efe was a threat in both boxes. 😄

Sometimes in post match interviews, much depends on the way an interviewer couches the questions. One I still remember was John Motson asking Alan Clarke, then Leeds manager, after a scrappy 1-0 win when they were in a desperate relegation dogfight, "Alan, a valuable 2 pts, but not a lot of entertainment there for the fans?"

Clearly irked by the provocative insinuation, Clarke replied "If people want entertainment they should go to the bleeding London Palladian!" 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 09:21

A lot of these media interviews push to put words in managers` mouths. Gerrard called it out recently. Ask "what`s your view on the performance today?" rather than "you`ll be disappointed with the performance".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 16:01

I remember meeting Neil Lennon about 12-13 years ago and thinking "he`s the complete opposite from what I see on the telly". He was polite, genuinely nice to talk to, and actively listened to a regular Joe like myself. Sometimes what people do publicly is to appease certain people, but actually behind closed doors they`re great.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net