DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Home to QoS
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 07:55

So that last game of the season is at home to QoS.

I`d love to think that we could be safe by then, but even if we`re not bottom it could be a game that we need something from.

I think that we could find a win if we needed it, but I wouldn`t bet the house on it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Home to QoS
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 09:07

Safe by then? Assume you mean safe from the immediate drop?

Have you seen our playoff record?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 10:09

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 20 Mar 09:07

Best just give up then yeah?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 10:29

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sun 20 Mar 10:09

Quote:

Best just give up then yeah?

He did that years ago.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 11:07

We could be 8th by that point but doubt we will be safe but i think we might just take 8th
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 11:36

Yes, 7 games left 6 points behind Ayr seems unlikely to be safe.

Pretty sure the final game will be an automatic relegation `Final` and if we win, several finals in the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 11:45

Win on Tuesday and we`re 3 points behind Ayr with each having 6 games to play, including Ayr at home. Use your imagination. I`m sure that`s how the players and management will see it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 11:51

It`s doable, who knows, pretty sure will go to the wire though.

Play like the second half (first half we were fine too) and will give it a right go.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 12:26

We need to win on Tuesday - A draw is no good.

I’d like to see us take more of a risk tactically.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 13:47

We could potentially be safe from bottom spot by that point but no way we would be safe from 9th, so yeah that match will definitely be a big one. They’re all big ones now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 13:59

If we go into that game and it is still in our own hands to finish 8th I would bite your hand of right now.

Unfortunately I fear the worst though and it will be a relegation play off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 14:20

I wish I had the foresight of so many people on this forum. Life would have been so much easier.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 14:43

It`s not foresight, it`s just statistics. We have a lot of catching up to do with a handful of games, albeit against our two relegation rivals, the stars really need to line up here.

We have been playing decent, it would be a fantastic achievement to stay up, doable as I say but the must win games ( such as the last 2) we must win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 15:45

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Sun 20 Mar 11:45

Win on Tuesday and we`re 3 points behind Ayr with each having 6 games to play, including Ayr at home. Use your imagination. I`m sure that`s how the players and management will see it.

Exactly this

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 15:56

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 20 Mar 15:45

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Sun 20 Mar 11:45

Exactly this

Me too

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 16:01

Quote:

What does our past play off record have to with any potential play off we might be in at the end of this or any future season, Berkey? Do we have any players left from our last one, other than Lewis Martin?

I don`t believe you`re anything like the negative, doom and gloom persona you like to portray on this forum. Our very own Private Frazer....

He was kidding on, too. 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 17:41

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 20 Mar 16:01

Quote:

What does our past play off record have to with any potential play off we might be in at the end of this or any future season, Berkey? Do we have any players left from our last one, other than Lewis Martin?

Loads, it was less than a year ago.
Totally agree with you though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 19:09

Perhaps if its a must win game we could let DA fans in for free. Obviously they would have to have a ticket to get into the ground. I`m a season ticket but letting others in for free wouldn`t bother me.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Mar 19:19

Quote:

parsfan, Sun 20 Mar 17:41

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 20 Mar 16:01

Quote:

Loads, it was less than a year ago.
Totally agree with you though.

Lol. I`d forgotten about that. I was thinking about a relegation play off when we were scudded by Alloa. 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Mar 10:04

Quote:

I want to revisit this post.

We have a poor play off record. Correct. We`ve never negotiated any successfully since our first one v Aberdeen, in the 90s, I think. 0/5. They are completed irrelevant to any future play off. 4 of the 5 play offs have involved us facing higher ranking teams. The only time we were the highest ranked team was at the end of our administration season in 2013, when we lost out to Alloa, I think.

Not many players still around from then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 21 Mar 20:54

Fair enough GG it’s different players and against different opposition but we’ve really had a bad habit of not turning up to the big games over the years.

Being the relegation playoffs is really difficult to call. I think we would beat Queen’s Park but I would worry about us versus airdrie and Montrose as they have had excellent seasons where as it’s been a long hard struggle for us and we’ll have had some ‘cup finals’ before the playoffs no doubt.

We’re won 4 games in 29, yes we are due a win soon and I’m sure we’ll get one before the end of the season but can we hit form we haven’t hit all season and get the 3 wins in 7 games to challenge for 8th? I doubt it. We might well go through the whole season without hitting a purple path and that looks more likely than suddenly stringing some wins together don’t you think?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Mar 06:09

"Fair enough GG it’s different players and against different opposition but we’ve really had a bad habit of not turning up to the big games over the years.

Being the relegation playoffs is really difficult to call. I think we would beat Queen’s Park but I would worry about us versus airdrie and Montrose as they have had excellent seasons where as it’s been a long hard struggle for us and we’ll have had some ‘cup finals’ before the playoffs no doubt.

We’re won 4 games in 29, yes we are due a win soon and I’m sure we’ll get one before the end of the season but can we hit form we haven’t hit all season and get the 3 wins in 7 games to challenge for 8th? I doubt it. We might well go through the whole season without hitting a purple path and that looks more likely than suddenly stringing some wins together don’t you think?"

Berkey, I`m with you in thinking 8th is a long shot, but I`d bite your hand off for finishing above QOS if offered. With all due respect to Airdrie, Montrose & Co, they`re playing in the league below and we should be able to take care of all comers over two legs, especially with the 2nd leg at home. (A one-of game has more chance of producing a shock result.)

Quite frankly, if we can`t beat any of these sides, we`ll fully deserve to be relegated.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net