DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Leish off to Poland
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 09:57

Former football manager Jim Leishman is helping to deliver humanitarian aid to refugees fleeing the war in Ukraine. Mr Leishman, who had two spells at Dunfermline Athletic, is part of a group from the Lochgelly area who are driving to Poland with vital supplies. He said local volunteers had been "working for ages to put this humanitarian aid together".

Mr Leishman, who is the lord provost of Fife, joined the trip after asking a council colleague if he could help. He told BBC Radio`s Good Morning Scotland programme organisers have collected "medical supplies, nappies, bandages, shoes for the kids and adults, everything you can imagine". It is now being taken to Poland in two minibuses and two vans.

Mr Leishman said he was horrified by recent reports of civilians being shot dead. He added: "That is why the local community has responded to this. I would hate that one day my family had to pack a bag and flee from my village and I am left with my son to stand and fight the enemy. I would hate to be in that position."

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Leish off to Poland
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 12:54

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I was looking to donate to the group but couldn`t see from the courier story

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 12:57

If anyone can sort it out, it`s Leishman.
The guy is a living legend and needs a stand named after him while he`s here to see it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 13:30

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 5 Apr 12:57

The guy is a living legend and needs a stand named after him while he`s here to see it

100%

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 14:54

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 5 Apr 12:57

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Well said
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 15:33

I can see him at the end of that table in the Kremlin, negotiating with Putin.

`Ya hoor, sir, this is farther than ah walked to see the Pars playin` in Europe back in the day!`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 21:10

He would say โ€œlisten Vlad, I was the last Pars man to score the winning goal at Ibrox so Iโ€™m well versed in repelling the hunโ€

Post Edited (Tue 05 Apr 22:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 08:25

Quote:

1970par, Tue 5 Apr 21:10

He would say โ€œlisten Vlad, I was the last Pars man to score the winning goal at Ibrox so Iโ€™m well versed in repelling the hunโ€

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Jim is an all round good guy and would be a proper Pars legend even if he hadn`t scored THAT goal at Ibrox that he never talks about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 12:50

Quote:

1970par, Tue 05 Apr 21:10

Post Edited (Tue 05 Apr 22:38)

Can actually just imagine him telling a group oh refugees about that night as well ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Come on ye pars โšฝ๏ธ
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
ยฉ 2021-- DAFC.net