DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Killie TV
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 11:45

Anyone had any joy buying the game? I’ve registered an account but looks like the stream is only available to season ticket holders and international viewers?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Killie TV
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 11:58

Please ignore. I was using the Killie TV site but you need to use the PPV site.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 13:36

make the most of it, SPFL will remove streaming from end of this season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 14:08

As we’ve heard for past few years that Spfl is a members league, you would think with all the teams already having the set up sorted, live TV should continue as a income stream, can’t see any reason why any team would vote to remove it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 14:22

If clubs think it`s affecting their gates with the knock-on effects on their ancillary income from catering, programmes, raffles, merchandising, etc, they`ll vote against it surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 14:29

I would hope they`d look at the money it generates vs the amount they think it loses via people choosing a stream over travelling.

Instinctively, I think there will be more people who impulsively buy the stream on the day than those who make a conscious decision not to travel in favour of it. For instance, I can`t go to Killie tomorrow but might be in the house and free enough to see a proportion of the game. Consequently, Kilmarnock have a chance of getting £13 from me that they`ve otherwise no chance of seeing

Also, although covid and our approach to it is changing, there will still be some people who need to be extremely careful, those who just don`t feel comfortable with large(ish) crowds at this time and possibly others who just can`t make it to games for reasons of health and/or mobility. It would seem unfair to deprive those people of the chance to follow their team.

Post Edited (Fri 08 Apr 14:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 14:38

I’ve watched most of our away games online this season. There hasn’t been any away games that I would have gone to but didn’t because of the stream. Being able to watch online keeps the time required down to between 3pm and 5pm with no travel time.

It would be really backwards for Clubs to get rid of streaming so you pretty much know what’s coming….

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:02

If we`re not careful football, even at our level, will become something you watch on a screen. When I was a kid the priority on a Saturday was to make sure I could go to the match.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:17

If I could get to every game that the Pars play I would, Wee Eck. Many years ago I did. PPV has been brilliant for me and I haven`t missed many games over the past two seasons. You`re right though. There is no substitute to being at a game, which is why I`m so looking forward to making it to Firhill in a fortnight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:21

"When I was a kid the priority on a Saturday was to make sure I could go to the match."

We should definitely base the decision on your personal circumstances from 50+ years ago...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:38

It would be quite short sighted for the SPFL to remove streaming to the uk for next season, not just does it provide access for disabled fans who might not normally be able to get to a game, but it provides a revenue stream from those that would not want to go to Inverness, Kilmarnock or Dumfries for whatever reason. For instance I’ve no interest in paying a fortune in petrol and other expenses to go to Kilmarnock tomorrow but would pay for the video stream to watch at home. Kilmarnock then get another £13 that they wouldn’t have got otherwise

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:42

Similarly, those who went to the game the other night will likely have enjoyed it far more than if they stayed at home and watched Pars TV. It`s not going to replace the live experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 16:56

DA-go Par Adonis wrote:

> Similarly, those who went to the game the other night will
> likely have enjoyed it far more than if they stayed at home and
> watched Pars TV. It`s not going to replace the live
> experience.
>
>

That I don’t doubt, however, the choice should be the fans whether they go or watch on the tv not the SPFL saying you either go to the game or wait for the highlights.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 17:19

With all due respect, ParfectXI, that`s the attitude that concerns me. You seem to be saying the fans have a RIGHT to watch the matches, if not live then on screen. The reality is that the clubs have a product and it`s up to them to decide how to make it available to the public. The main consideration in this will be financial return rather than the convenience of fans. That`s what drives the decisions to sell TV rights but will the additional income from streaming rights be enough to justify this service?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 21:08

wee eck wrote:

> With all due respect, ParfectXI, that`s the attitude that
> concerns me. You seem to be saying the fans have a RIGHT to
> watch the matches, if not live then on screen. The reality is
> that the clubs have a product and it`s up to them to decide how
> to make it available to the public. The main consideration in
> this will be financial return rather than the convenience of
> fans. That`s what drives the decisions to sell TV rights but
> will the additional income from streaming rights be enough to
> justify this service?
>
>

In these days though where money is tight it’s a bit much to say if you want 5o watch your team pay the money even when your team plays away. There’s no way I could afford to go to away matches and all the extra costs that brings, however, I want to see my team. What about folk that can’t get to Inverness on a Wednesday evening or they can’t get down here? When the fuel prices rise and hit home more and more people will look at their outgoings and have tough decisions to make - getting people to pay to watch on tv is better than having them not come at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 21:16

How much money does it cost clubs - especially smaller clubs - to get equipment, host the streams, pay for technical support, etc? How many clubs have people who go to their games who also support a "big" team (sadly usually the Gruesome Twosome from along the M8)? How many folk would get out the habit of going to games then start getting out the habit of buying streams then get out the habit of supporting their team at all? Plus of course having live streams makes it easier to pirate (as seen by the number of "it`s on hesgoal" replies whenever there`s an issue with a stream).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 21:30

kelty_par wrote:

> How much money does it cost clubs - especially smaller clubs -
> to get equipment, host the streams, pay for technical support,
> etc? How many clubs have people who go to their games who also
> support a "big" team (sadly usually the Gruesome Twosome from
> along the M8)? How many folk would get out the habit of going
> to games then start getting out the habit of buying streams
> then get out the habit of supporting their team at all? Plus of
> course having live streams makes it easier to pirate (as seen
> by the number of "it`s on hesgoal" replies whenever there`s an
> issue with a stream).
>
>

Well Pars Tv is voluntary with no money coming from the clubs to pay for time etc (I know because I am a Pars TV Volunteer) and all the championship Clubs and below are basically the same, the equipment more often than not comes from the volunteers. It’s really only the SPL clubs that pay the staff, which is why you see such a massive difference in output quality. In this way the outgoings are pretty minimal, therefore, money to the clubs are maximised. Hesgoal is normally the pixellot stream, which in my opinion is basically unwatchable. Give Brian his due he is very on the ball with piracy and it’s been a good amount of time since I’ve seen a pirate ParsTV stream on iptv.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 22:35

Yes Indeed I am wary of pirate streams, and everybody should keep away.

I do believe the streams make a good income for the clubs and don`t impact the walk income

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 07:42

I remember the good old days when the glowering SFA in Park Gardens wouldnae allow a game to be televised live if Auchtermuchty Accordionists were playing Glen Bogie Bagpipers on the same night.

Can’t mind the guys name, but he saw live telly as a deadly threat to live support and he was always on the telly saying so!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 08:43

Quote:

Plus of course having live streams makes it easier to pirate (as seen by the number of "it`s on hesgoal" replies whenever there`s an issue with a stream).

Just to clarify, this position is due to the fact the SPFL allowed Pixellot AI cameras at all championship grounds.
In my opinion the problem is with deals they have for the gambling sites, and its easier for pirates to access these streams and re-stream.

They need to stop that deal and allow legitimate streams in UK to benefit clubs.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Apr 08:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 09:14

`Can’t mind the guys name, but he saw live telly as a deadly threat to live support and he was always on the telly saying so!`

Was that Willie Allan, secretary of the SFA, or possibly his successor, Ernie Walker?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 09:35

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 9 Apr 09:14

`Can’t mind the guys name, but he saw live telly as a deadly threat to live support and he was always on the telly saying so!`

Was that Willie Allan, secretary of the SFA, or possibly his successor, Ernie Walker?

I was thinking Jim Farry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 09:58

Different generations! It`s probably been a consistent SFA line down the years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 09:58

All three names above ring a bell.

Dinosaurs some would say, but they were sincere in their concerns about the impact of live telly on attendances. However as time moved on change was inevitable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 10:49

Sure it was Willie Allan, remember a crowd watching the FA Cup final in Kirkcaldy High Street, looking through a TV shop window.
They managed to get a Borders/Tyne Tees TV broadcast, which was readily available in Kirkcaldy along with Grampian.
Was the first leg of our play off against Aberdeen only shown on Grampian?
Seem to remember going to a house in Kirkcaldy to watch it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 9 Apr 13:16

my guess would be the top flight will be banned from streaming but the other leagues will continue to do so as it doesnt have any conflict etc with the Sky contract.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net