DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline / Ayr
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 12:22

I was asked this question this morning and it got me thinking.

Currently the league positions are:

Ayr 35 points -14 GD 34 goals scored 48 conceded
Dunfermline 32 points -16 GD 33 goals scored 49 conceded

IF we win 1-0 on Saturday our record is identical (35 points -15 GD 34 goals scored 49 conceded). If both teams record exactly the same results for the last 2 games what is used to separate the teams?

We would have the better head to head record but would have won less games!

Is it coin toss, play-off, head to head, whoever bungs the biggest brown envelope at the SFA?

Cheers!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline / Ayr
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 12:34

Fantastic Post 👍

I do not know the answer but I do know the solution - We just have to ensure we beat them by more than one goal and ensure we beat Partick and QoS by more goals than they put past Partick and QoS

Easy Peezy 👍

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 12:43

The answer is head to head between the teams involved
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 12:43

Very unlikely to have two clubs with identical records, and I can`t ever remember it happening. It was a serious possibility going into the last game one season 10-15 years ago, when Clyde and Morton had very similar records.

It`s points, goal difference, goals scored, points from games between the clubs involved then goal difference from games between the clubs involved. If that doesn`t produce a winner, then it`s a one-off play-off at a neutral ground.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%2001-Apr-22%20(MASTER%20COPY)%20CLEAN.pdf

Determination of League etc. Position in Case of Equality of Points
C35 If any two or more Clubs are equal in points in any Division at the end of the Season or, as the case may be, after 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership the higher placed Club shall be the Club with the larger or largest positive goal difference (or the lower or lowest negative goal difference where appropriate). Goal difference shall be determined by deducting the goals conceded from the goals scored in all League Matches played during the Season or, as the case may be, after 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership. In the event of the goal difference being equal, the higher placed Club shall be the Club, which has scored the most goals in League Matches during the Season or, as the case may be, in the first 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership. In the event of each of the Clubs having the scored the same number of goals in League Matches during the Season or, as the case may be, in the first 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership, the higher placed Club shall be the Club, having the greater number of points in League Matches between the relevant Clubs in the Season in question or, as the case may be, after 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership and in the event of the
number of such points being equal the higher placed Club shall be the Club with the larger or largest positive goal difference (or the lower or lowest negative goal difference where appropriate) in League Matches between the relevant Clubs in the Season or, as the case may be, in the first 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership. Goal difference shall be determined by deducting the goals conceded from the goals scored in League Matches played during the Season or, as the case may be, in the first 33 League Matches for each Club in the Premiership between the Clubs concerned.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 14:26

Any single goal difference win against Ayr will produce the scenario indicated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 11 Apr 14:37

Yeah, but there will still be two games to play when things can change!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Tue 12 Apr 09:17

I’d rather we focus on the Ayr game first, lose or draw that & it’s likely all over bar the shouting……….
Win on Saturday & it’s still all to play for, but that applies to Ayr as well

I won’t be betting on who comes out on top after these 3 identical games are played out

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Apr 09:56

If we can`t beat Ayr at home then we deserve to be in the playoffs - it`s our away form that is so poor, the trip to Firhill is going to be a hard shift.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 11:12

Bumping this as I see the question has been asked on other posts!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 14:07

And answered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 18 Apr 02:52

Next weekend`s away games will be key. Away at Firhill is a big ask, but Partick`s form is not good. On the other hand, with the loss to Rovers, Partick is going to have to fight to stay in the playoff spot.

Ayr at QOS is much trickier than it looks. QOS is down if they don`t take max points from ICT midweek, and I think QOS will be eliminated before the weekend. If so, QOS game v Ayr will be last home game, and team will be relaxed.

Regardless what happens, fixtures on final weekend will be relevant.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net