DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man City v Liverpool
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 13:12

Why is this game on live on BBC 1 at 15.30 today. I thought game were not allowed to be broadcast live on a Saturday impinging on other game that have the traditional kick off time.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man City v Liverpool
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 13:14

Our game’s being broadcast today at 3 as are many others. This was a government law that was removed due to Covid I’m sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 13:15

I`ll watch it on iplayer later after we pump the honest men
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 13:42

Quote:

Par, Sat 16 Apr 13:12

Why is this game on live on BBC 1 at 15.30 today. I thought game were not allowed to be broadcast live on a Saturday impinging on other game that have the traditional kick off time.

I think this rule was set it up in relation to English Premiership games, not cup competitions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 15:41

The following answer is copied and pasted from the Paddypower website:

“Well, it’s all thanks to a rule buried within the blackout regulations. The 3pm ban only comes into force when 50 per cent or more of the top two domestic leagues are being played at that time. A key life lesson there, always read the small print!

As the Championship games take place on Good Friday and Easter Monday while there are just three Premier League fixtures – Manchester United v Norwich, Southampton v Arsenal and Watford v Brentford – slated for 3pm on Saturday, Manchester City v Liverpool can be broadcast on BBC One.

The FA Cup semi-final tie has to be played at that time due to Liverpool’s Premier League clash against Manchester United taking place on Tuesday, while a lack of direct rail links to London for fans from the north west means earlier and later kick-off times were dismissed.”

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net