DAFC.net
Home 29 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Aitken Bar/Suite Firhill stadium 23/04/2022 all welcome
Topic Originator: partickthistlelad  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 16:24

Hello Pars fans
Hope you are all keeping safe and well
The Aitken suite/bar at the front of Firhill stadium is open from 12pm on Saturday all pars fans welcome
Will have live screening of any lunchtime football games, hot food, bar, family seating

All welcome and is also open after the game for fans too

Thank you

red and yellow army
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Aitken Bar/Suite Firhill stadium 23/04/2022 all welcome
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 16:28

A nice way to treat away fans. I wonder why we can’t do the same instead of saying you can’t come in and then directing to the Lizzie or up town.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 16:56

Been there a couple of times, nice folks and no issues

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 17:36

The DASC DONATION SHOP / MARV`S TEA RROOM WELCOMES ALL SUPPORTERS. They can enjoy our excellent buffet food and non alcohol refreshments.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 18:43

Is it a big place? I`m meeting a mate for a beer before the game and would be happy to go to the bar at the stadium but don`t want to be stuck in a Legends type situation where it`s full and it`s a 10-15 minute walk to the next decent pub.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 19:10

Hi mate- holds about 150 - I’ve never seen it full to the stage where no one couldn’t get in and I include the last time we had about 9000 at Firhill for a game against Morton, so you will have no problem trying to get a seat etc
The only time we don’t open it is when we play Celtic or Rangers

red and yellow army
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 19:14

I hadn’t realised about the DASC tearoom - has this just opened? Is it far from East End Park - will need to look in at our away games against you guys next season.
Easiest thing in the world to support the old firm in Scotland sadly it’s the other 40 clubs and their supporters that get my admiration and it’s good to support other teams supporters groups

red and yellow army
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 19:37

Hi Partickthistlelad, we run this tea room with a team of Volunteers and everything is donated with the proceeds going to the DAFC YOUTH ACADEMY FUND. We have been there for approx five years. We are in part of the main stand just as you come past Iceland and Aldis and we have boards outside depicting where we are. Will look forward to welcoming you next season.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 19:55

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 20 Apr 16:28

A nice way to treat away fans. I wonder why we can’t do the same instead of saying you can’t come in and then directing to the Lizzie or up town.

COVID probably. Should be relaxed by now

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 19:56

Thanks Steaua - that sounds great and a fantastic amount of work and money you and other Pars supporters are doing for the youth academy.
Will definitely pay a visit at one of the games next season mate. I don’t know if that many jags fans will be aware of it so will definitely mention it in our supporters Facebook page when we have a game against you in Dunfermline next season - always found the Pars fans a good friendly support

red and yellow army
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 20:49

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 20 Apr 19:55

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 20 Apr 16:28

COVID probably. Should be relaxed by now

Except that was the case even before covid came along which is actually quite laughable really I mean why the hell do the club think it’s a great idea to turn away fans away from legends/Charlie d’s (when open) surely that extra income should be welcomed with open arms I can understand it being home fans only when it’s a so called category A gams but the rest of the time?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 21:15

Was in Aitken suite before cup game. Nice set up and friendly folk.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 21:39

Thanks for letting us know, PT Lad. Will pop into the Aitken Bar on Saturday. Fond memories of 23/10/71 :o)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 22:28

Partickthistlelad can you drop me an email please, just click on 1970par

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Wed 20 Apr 22:54

Except that was the case even before covid came along which is actually quite laughable really I mean why the hell do the club think it’s a great idea to turn away fans away from legends/Charlie d’s (when open) surely that extra income should be welcomed with open arms I can understand it being home fans only when it’s a so called category A gams but the rest of the time

Personally I like the fact Legends is home fans only. Last time I was in and away fans were present was a Friday night game against StMirren a good few years ago now - their chants/singing were just annoying tbh. Legends is busy enough as is just catering to home fans and will make decent money for the club - inviting more people in it just creates bigger queues, longer waiting times and therefore no extra money in the till.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net