DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 16:57

He`ll have his work cut out, licking an overpaid, underachieving squad into shape for next August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61079115



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 17:09

With any luck majority of the current squad won`t be there by next season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 17:59

Won`t be easy shifting the dross. I can`t see any clubs queuing up to take the likes of Jones, Bailly, Wan Bissaka, Matic, Mata etc and the biggest king donkey of them all 80m Mr H Maguire esq. Those duds are on contracts, big money and well set in. How has Phil Jones robbed 13 years wages from United???? Unbelievable really.
Like Moyes, Jose mk2, Ole and wreck it Ralf, Ten Haag won`t save them either. I predict he will fail spectacularly like Lampard has.

Thank god Liverpool have excellent owners, a superb backroom team, an evolving, young exciting squad and the best manager in the world. Sure must suck being a Man U fan just now.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 18:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 21 Apr 16:57

He`ll have his work cut out, licking an overpaid, underachieving squad into shape for next August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61079115


I think he will get the time from the board if not the fans.
They made a big point about him developing a young team at Ajax so this will be the route they go down. Most likely a 3 to 4 year plan.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 19:05

I actually think Jones is a decent player. Personally, I`d start him ahead of Maguire.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 20:23

I can`t think of anything more sickly than a smug plastic Scouser.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 20:45

Butthurt da no1. Loving it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 20:50

Den Haag would have been a great fit




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 21:17

Quote:

GG4, Thu 21 Apr 20:45

Butthurt da no1. Loving it.


Homophobic abuse. Stay classy.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 22:07

There`s nothing homophobic about the term butthurt?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 21 Apr 23:37

Absolutely none Jeffrey. Just our resident roaster being a bitty sore from his beloved Mancs being utterly mince and their rivals doing well.

butthurt
/ˈbʌthəːt/
Learn to pronounce
INFORMAL•US
adjective
overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.
"they`re all butthurt that she released the album online first"
noun
an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offence or resentment.
"it`s time to get over the butthurt from last year`s playoffs"



Post Edited (Thu 21 Apr 23:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 00:03

For the record I`m no lover of United either. My "other team" is Sunderland believe it or not.

So the word butthurt isn't homophobic apparently. I take that comment back although to me it doesn't sound very clever.

Maybe try and construct a post without abusing folk? Just a thought.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 22 Apr 00:17)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 08:56

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 22 Apr 00:03

For the record I`m no lover of United either. My "other team" is Sunderland believe it or not.

So the word butthurt isn`t homophobic apparently. I take that comment back although to me it doesn`t sound very clever.

Maybe try and construct a post without abusing folk? Just a thought.


It still is kinda homophobic. The definition gives its common use but doesn`t give the root.
Seems obvious to me the root is homophobic.

Not taking sides or even bothered in the slightest. There is obviously no intent from the poster to be homophobic, but maybe it is a term that could be avoided.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 11:32

How did we go from talking about Man U`s new manager to potentially homophobic insults?

Shakes heid. 🙁



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 13:35

Jones is a good player. Christ knows what`s happened to him, but he is better than Maguire anyway. Maguire is genuinely one of the biggest donkeys I have ever seen at that level. On a par with big Titus Bramble. Leicester getting 80mil for him is the biggest robbery ever. How they managed that is spectacular.

Massive clear out and a complete rebuild from the ground up is what is required. If the powers that be allow that, then Erik is a great fit and could be a coup. However, if they are expecting instant success, they are gravely mistaken. Man U have wasted almost 10 years chopping and changing, plus over-spending on players with over-inflated egos.

If they allow Ten Hag to treat Man U like he did with Ajax, then he could be massively successful, but they need to give him time. "A couple seasons" won`t cut it. They need to give him minimum 5 years and assess everything after then. I fear for Ten Hag, however. Unless Ten Hag has made it clear he wants full control of signings, youth development etc then it`ll just continue to be a circus. Ten Hag needs to be behind absolutely everything on the pitch, including the signings.

Not a Man U fan by any stretch, just hate seeing clubs being so dozy and shooting themselves in the foot constantly, as well as wasting tonnes of money.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 14:16

Often wonder how they would be doing if they had backed Dave Moyes
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ten Hag to Man U
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 22 Apr 16:10

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 22 Apr 13:35

Jones is a good player. Christ knows what`s happened to him, but he is better than Maguire anyway. Maguire is genuinely one of the biggest donkeys I have ever seen at that level. On a par with big Titus Bramble. Leicester getting 80mil for him is the biggest robbery ever. How they managed that is spectacular.

Massive clear out and a complete rebuild from the ground up is what is required. If the powers that be allow that, then Erik is a great fit and could be a coup. However, if they are expecting instant success, they are gravely mistaken. Man U have wasted almost 10 years chopping and changing, plus over-spending on players with over-inflated egos.

If they allow Ten Hag to treat Man U like he did with Ajax, then he could be massively successful, but they need to give him time. "A couple seasons" won`t cut it. They need to give him minimum 5 years and assess everything after then. I fear for Ten Hag, however. Unless Ten Hag has made it clear he wants full control of signings, youth development etc then it`ll just continue to be a circus. Ten Hag needs to be behind absolutely everything on the pitch, including the signings.

Not a Man U fan by any stretch, just hate seeing clubs being so dozy and shooting themselves in the foot constantly, as well as wasting tonnes of money.


Good post, ZZ. I agree with most of it, but not sure about your brutal assessment of Jacob Harry Maguire. Perhaps you were exaggerating his weaknesses to provoke a bit of debate? He is reminiscent of a Clydesdale (remember them?) running in the Epsom Derby but according to Google he has 42 full caps, which rather suggests folk who know more about fitbaw than me and you rate him quite highly. 🙂



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net