DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Atrocious
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 17:45

Manager, starting 11, subs, performance.
They should all hang their heads in shame.
An utter disgrace to the badge.
Disgusted.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Atrocious
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 17:47

Quote:

dpard, Sat 23 Apr 17:45

Manager, starting 11, subs, performance.
They should all hang their heads in shame.
An utter disgrace to the badge.
Disgusted.

It`s been the same all season..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 17:48

Absolutely nothing worked today.
Didn’t understand so many changes or the formation.
No width, no football, no fight.
An embarrassing performance.
How could yogi not see we needed a change of tactics and a couple subs at HT I’ll never know.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:02

This season has been one of the poorest to memory. After finishing in the playoffs last year we really should have kicked on but the ridiculous decision of appointing Grant seriously undone a lot of hard work. I really thought Hughes would have turned our fortunes around but his tactical decisions, especially away from home have been terrible. I really hope we can get away with this next week as fear Airdrie will be too strong for us. Very sad that this is where we are right now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:21

I have often wondered why Stevie C packed it in. I can only think that it was done when the Germans moved in. He was probably made aware that he was too good and that they wanted someone who was cr*p. Well we went from a good championship team into relegation favourites. We were forced into getting rid of PG but he was given too long. I was at the friendly pre-season games and it was bad and only got worse when the league season started. Next season we will end up like Falkirk. I hope the board will fund a good team for next season, I don`t know if John Hughes will be at EEP next season, if he is I will be worried that he will sign more duds.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:32

That was a hard game to watch
Thistle were crap and we were crap
Why Thomas didn’t come on was a mystery - as he was sent out to warm up on his own a couple of times.

Corners - omg someone please teach them how to beat the first man.

Only highlight - there and back on the back of my brother’s motorbike 🏍

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:37

Well at least we are consistent……

Consistently bad.

I couldn’t believe what I was watching today, where do you start?

The team was presumably picked out a tombola.

Playing two big guys up front - Who were they meant to be knocking it onto?

Two players who IMO could have changed it DM & BK - Well DM got 8 minutes.

Why did we bring in Bobby Kamwa & we never use him, what was the point in that?

TBH I’m scunnered by that. If that’s what JH is going to serve up next season whatever league we are in - I’m out.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:43

Just listened to the managers interview.
He is seriously deluded. Says we didn`t make changes earlier as we were the team on top. Says Partick are a big physical team and we had to match that up. Will that be the same Partick we played off the park a few short weeks ago??
I personally would be happy for that joker to pack it in tonight.
Whatever happens, he can`t be in charge next season.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 18:44

Said last week that it was utter garbage and we were lucky to win and that JH was incompetent tactically but was shot down by some posters who said “ Who cares we won” and “ His subs scored two goals “ and such like.

We were garbage at Killie, garbage against Ayr and utter garbage today.

The clown in the dug out has no clue same as the two duds
he shares the dug out with.
PT scored with a training ground move today.

Where are our training ground moves ? We can’t even take corners. It’s a complete shambles.

Still live in hope that we will be in the Championship next season.

Post Edited (Sat 23 Apr 18:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 19:15

We were poor today but that doesn`t justify your criticism of last week`s second-half tactics and substitutions. How do you judge a manager if you give him no credit when the team turns a 1-0 deficit with ten minutes to go into a 2-1 win and two subs score the goals? It`s quite obvious you don`t like the guy so you`re never going to judge him objectively.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 19:25

Don,t profess to know anything about managing a football team , but any clown would know you can,t play Toderov and Mcann together as both are similar types , yes they both won high balls but nobody took advantage of the knock down as our midfield played far too deep and i fail to see what makes Chalmers a shoe in most weeks , The whole set up today was a shambles from the initial set up to taking corners that barely reached the first man. i wasn,t sure about J.H now i am

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 19:54

Absolutely abysmal today. Todorov and McCann upfront, flicking balls onto absolutely nobody and just persistently fouling because they’re both so slow and cumbersome.
Breen is a donkey and nowhere near this level, edwards and comrie offered nothing going forward. Chalmers is the most pointless player I’ve ever seen.. he literally does nothing. Lawless was hopeless today aswell, seemed to take him about 5 touches to get it under control everytime he got it. Wish I had seen the team before sticking a draw on the coupon, we genuinely could have played another 2 hours there and would have been lucky to have a shot on goal. Yogi absolutely f*cked that today from start to finish.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:12

Quote:

dpard, Sat 23 Apr 18:43

Just listened to the managers interview.
He is seriously deluded. Says we didn`t make changes earlier as we were the team on top. Says Partick are a big physical team and we had to match that up. Will that be the same Partick we played off the park a few short weeks ago??
I personally would be happy for that joker to pack it in tonight.
Whatever happens, he can`t be in charge next season.

I agree. Great statement.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:40

Was it the same Partick ? Did they have Graham and Jakubiak, were they able to fill the bench in the two games that they shipped 4 goals in consecutively the latter at EEP.

There seemed to be hope that we`d be able to get out of the mess because of the two home wins, however Partick were depleted and Raith were jaded after a cup final, all the other games we have played around those two suggest we were flattered those nights. The Ayr win was fortunate, rotten for 75 minutes a daft free kick given away and bang we were back in the game with our tails up.

I looked at the play off results a while back and in recent years the Championship team does very well, they manage to maintain their status half the time however our recent games have been so dereft of creativity that I`m not convinced we should be favourites.

Post Edited (Sat 23 Apr 20:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:50

Hope the bookies have airdrie atleast 2/1 to beat us. Will be all over it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:56

We started looking more capable in the games towards the end of the season where we actually tried to get to the bye line to cross it in. Normally we seem scared to do so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:33

Here we go again. Any wins we`ve had have been because the opposition was rubbish/tired/unlucky. I don`t remember anyone predicting that before these games.

I heard Jim Duffy on the radio on my way home from the match. He reckoned if we were in the play-offs we would have enough to see off any of the League 1 contenders.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:39

McCann ain`t slow.

I understand everyone has different opinions but I personally think McCann is a decent player. Him with O hara would be the best two to play up front together. McCann wins majority in the air but as mentioned there is rarely anybody there to take advantage of this. This annoys me as I can see he wins his fair share so why do his team mates not gamble on this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:42

"I heard Jim Duffy on the radio on my way home from the match. He reckoned if we were in the play-offs we would have enough to see off any of the League 1 contenders."

Pundits are often wrong. I heard a few say John Hughes would be a good appointment and have us climbing the league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:44

….well if Jim Duffy thinks that all is well.

Just in case you mist anything wee eck.

We were $hit against Killie & played of the park.
We were $hit against Ayr & were lucky to get a win.
We were $hit against Patrick & played of the park.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:49

Airdrie have Gabby McGill, Calum Smith, Rhys McCabe and Kyle Mcdonald... we will take that lot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:50

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 23 Apr 21:44

….well if Jim Duffy thinks that all is well.

Just in case you mist anything wee eck.

We were $hit against Killie & played of the park.
We were $hit against Ayr & were lucky to get a win.
We were $hit against Patrick & played of the park.

Yep.

We got incredibly lucky against Ayr. Today`s tombola team selection got exactly what we all thought it would.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:50

Jim Duffy has spoken. We`re safe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:54

I suspect Jim Duffy has seen some League 1 football unlike a few on here.

I`d hardly say we were played off the park today. Kilmarnock are the champs so I wasn`t expecting much there. How do you define `lucky` in a football match? Taking a couple of chances when you didn`t create much? By that definition Arbroath were lucky to beat us 1-0 at Gayfield. But other teams aren`t `lucky` apparently.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 22:13

I am starting to worry yogi isn’t the manager for us. Spent months making zero changes despite it not working and picking youngsters who were not up to it over experienced pro’s and then suddenly makes some poor choice on a day like today.

He’s mixed in the transfer market too, some have been good while some have been chalmers, a few more signings like that and if we do stay up I fancy we might struggle again next season.

What else can you do? Hope we get a result against queens and hope ayr bottle it and if not it feels like we’ll struggle in the playoffs in particular against a good airdrie team who have had a great season and are scoring for fun.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 23:02

Will Yogi be the first manager to relegate the two biggest Fife teams from the Championship?

What a record to hold. Horrendous stuff.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 23:06

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sat 23 Apr 20:50

Hope the bookies have airdrie atleast 2/1 to beat us. Will be all over it.

Must have missed us beating Queens Park and Airdrie beating Montrose in the playoff semi finals? Think the odds would currently be much higher than 2/1, based on the fact we’d have to fail to better Ayr’s result next week and both us and Airdrie would then also have semi finals to win before we even get a chance to play them.

Our home record has been good under Yogi. Away record (and performances) remain absolutely abysmal though. Playoffs will be very tough if we continue to only turn up for the home games. If we do finish 9th, we will be back at Firhill on the 4th May, 24 hours after Partick will have a playoff game there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 00:41

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Sat 23 Apr 19:15

We were poor today but that doesn`t justify your criticism of last week`s second-half tactics and substitutions. How do you judge a manager if you give him no credit when the team turns a 1-0 deficit with ten minutes to go into a 2-1 win and two subs score the goals? It`s quite obvious you don`t like the guy so you`re never going to judge him objectively.

Eck….it does ( my criticism ) it was nothing to do with his tactical nous. Because he does not have any.

He got it wrong from KO, sat there and watched utter garbage and was incapable of changing things . Panicked and threw on subs who got us out of jail because the Ayr goalie made a mess of things.

It is unbelievable that he started with such a bad line up today and it took him until 78 mins to make a change.

We should have really gone for it today….DT should have started and I cannot get my head around playing Chalmers. The guy is utter dross. One paced, weak, and hardly knows what a forward pass is.

When JH came to the Pars he said that we were the laughing stock of Scottish football…..13 games in. What can you say now after 35 games ? He is a buffoon , a Neanderthal who can barely string a coherent sentence together, an utter embarrassment. But hey, he fires off a comical quip now and then..remind you of anyone?…. Check the politics forum….

We need a complete clear out and there is one very influential director that needs to GTF…..ASAP….. we all know it…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 03:09

opic Originator: wee eck
Date: Sat 23 Apr 21:33

“Here we go again. Any wins we`ve had have been because the opposition was rubbish/tired/unlucky. I don`t remember anyone predicting that before these games.”

It was common knowledge, Patrick couldn’t fill the bench on the Saturday before and on the night against us, Graham is easily their most important player he was missing among others.
McGlynn interviewed before the Raith game suggested his players weren’t over the Cup Final exertions,and Duffy who you quote was on the radio that night saying the same thing. Everything before and after these games suggests we played inferior versions of these teams.
You don’t think we rode our luck against Ayr ?

We can all go to a game and get behind the team but we don’t have to come on here and pretend it’s been anything other than a shambles of a season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 08:43

Amazing all you experts on Airdrie now, probably never seen them play this season. It would take you watching a dozen games to know about them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 09:03

I`ve seen them play twice this season and they look a decent organised team. They have have two forwards - Callum Gallagher and Callum Smith who have scored a lot of goals for them this season. Dylan Easton is up for league one player of the year award, is a constant pest and has the most assists in the league. Rhys McCabe was a player I liked at Dunfermline who was a decent set piece taker and had an eye for a pass.

They have secured second spot in a competitive league very comfortably and will be going into the play offs with a lot of confidence. Even if you haven`t watched them it`s not rocket science when you look at their results this season compared to ours to realise that it will be a tough game, should we face them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 09:16

`It was common knowledge, Patrick couldn’t fill the bench on the Saturday before and on the night against us, Graham is easily their most important player he was missing among others.
McGlynn interviewed before the Raith game suggested his players weren’t over the Cup Final exertions,and Duffy who you quote was on the radio that night saying the same thing. Everything before and after these games suggests we played inferior versions of these teams.
You don’t think we rode our luck against Ayr ?`

Just out of curiosity I checked the Partick squad for the game we won 4-1 with yesterday`s squad. Of the 14 players who featured yesterday only two, Graham and Jakubiak, weren`t available for the first game. Based on their performances yesterday neither would have been a great miss. Graham in particular seemed to spend the entire game trying to con the referee.

I didn`t hear John McGlynn`s comments before the Raith game but I did hear his post-match interview where he said there was nothing between the teams apart from a couple of defensive mistakes that cost them goals. Even the Radio Scotland pundits were laughing at that one. His team had 4 days to recover from the Challenge Cup final which is standard throughout football for midweek games. I think most folk were anticipating Raith getting a boost from their Cup win.

On the question of the Ayr game, if the roles had been reversed and we had surrendered a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go after dominating the game, would you have said Ayr were `lucky`?

I genuinely wonder what pleasure some fans get from supporting the Pars when they have to find mitigating circumstances to explain away any little bit of success we achieve. They seem to prefer coming on here to moan and point fingers.

Post Edited (Sun 24 Apr 09:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 09:23

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 24 Apr 08:43

Amazing all you experts on Airdrie now, probably never seen them play this season. It would take you watching a dozen games to know about them.

Since 14th September they’ve won 21 games, lost 5 and drawn 6. They’ve lost once in their last 20 games and that was against partick thistle. Whatever way you look at it.. they are absolutely flying, I wouldn’t y like to face them in a final.
Afolabi, McCabe, smith & McDonald all scored yesterday incidentally. They’ll have a point to prove.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 09:34

Don’t care what division we are in, every single coach, player (most part anyway) should be gone when this is done. Hughes is just a walking cliché. If he manages to keep us up, he should be thanked and let go. Will cost a few bob right enough as he is here another year, but my word this is not acceptable.

If we do go down, I’d imagine he has a relegation release clause, which 100% should be enacted and we should be appointing someone that isn’t a has-been.

Club is totally rotten. I still cannot believe Dick Campbell wanted the job in the summer and we went for Peter Grant. An absolute disgrace.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 10:06

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sun 24 Apr 09:34

Don’t care what division we are in, every single coach, player (most part anyway) should be gone when this is done. Hughes is just a walking cliché. If he manages to keep us up, he should be thanked and let go. Will cost a few bob right enough as he is here another year, but my word this is not acceptable.

If we do go down, I’d imagine he has a relegation release clause, which 100% should be enacted and we should be appointing someone that isn’t a has-been.

Club is totally rotten. I still cannot believe Dick Campbell wanted the job in the summer and we went for Peter Grant. An absolute disgrace.

So any recommendations on who we should appoint?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 10:22

I`d love to see Kevin Thomson become our manager one day but if we stay up it would be unfair to not give Yogi time and hopefully push us on. I really hope Partick can do us a favour next week.

Post Edited (Sun 24 Apr 10:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 11:41

`Since 14th September they’ve won 21 games, lost 5 and drawn 6.`

That`s certainly an impressive record Airdrie have. Mind you, if the Pars had done that in League 1, it would have been dismissed as having been achieved mainly against part-timers in the Seaside League.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 11:52

Quote:

RossF, Sun 24 Apr 10:22

I`d love to see Kevin Thomson become our manager one day but if we stay up it would be unfair to not give Yogi time and hopefully push us on. I really hope Partick can do us a favour next week.

Kevin Thomson?! Why?!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 12:19

He`s a manager who many players rate highly and I think he could have a big future in the game. He set up a squad that dominated league 2 in their first season and had a decent cup run - knocking out a decent Montrose team and St Johnstone. I`ve heard him talk about the game and he`s very clued up. As much as he wants to play the game the right way, he realises you have to play to the squads strengths.

For the record I`m not saying he should be our manager now as Yogi deserves a chance to get things right even if we go down. By all accounts Thomson was very close to getting the Killie job and I wouldn`t be surprised if he is in with a shout for the Hibs job in the summer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 12:20

Yogi has cost us all season, we could’ve and should’ve been clear of the playoffs berth had it not been for him.

He continued to play a misfiring Striker in McCann leaving more natural strikers on the bench.

He refused to play Gaspuitas (arguably our best defender at that time) to the point he asked to leave to get game time. This then led to the atrocious scenes in Morton where we had 2 central defenders where neither had played a competitive game in over a year. I also think the idea to let Gaspuitas go cost us money as he was gonna be good enough to possibly sell on in a year or so.

Substitutions seems to be something alien to him - I remember at least 2 games (Kilmarnock and QOS I think but may be wrong) where we were all over the opponents band ahead but were tiring badly, which the opponents took advantage of. Yogi then decided that subs were gonna win the game when he puts them on with 5 mins left, which obviously it didn’t.

However, I’m not gonna put our misfiring completely on his head as we have been poor for 2 seasons now, three separate managers and the problems have been there the whole time so perhaps we also have to look at the coaching side of things as that’s the one thing that hasn’t changed in these 2 seasons.

Overall I’d be happy to see Yogi go at the end of the season no matter what league we are in, and if the coaches go too then all the better.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 12:55

Quote:

RossF, Sun 24 Apr 12:19

He`s a manager who many players rate highly and I think he could have a big future in the game. He set up a squad that dominated league 2 in their first season and had a decent cup run - knocking out a decent Montrose team and St Johnstone. I`ve heard him talk about the game and he`s very clued up. As much as he wants to play the game the right way, he realises you have to play to the squads strengths.

For the record I`m not saying he should be our manager now as Yogi deserves a chance to get things right even if we go down. By all accounts Thomson was very close to getting the Killie job and I wouldn`t be surprised if he is in with a shout for the Hibs job in the summer.

Fair enough. So money and having by far the best squad in the division had nothing to do with their success?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 13:08

I could argue we have one of the higher budgets in the league this season and look at us?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 13:09

Quote:

RossF, Sun 24 Apr 13:08

I could argue we have one of the higher budgets in the league this season and look at us?

Peter Grant tho....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 13:20

Good point!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 13:36

"Hope the bookies have airdrie at least 2/1 to beat us. Will be all over it."

Didn`t the bookies have the Pars as favourites to win the Championship this season ?

Look how that has turned out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 13:45

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 24 Apr 13:36

"Hope the bookies have airdrie at least 2/1 to beat us. Will be all over it."

Didn`t the bookies have the Pars as favourites to win the Championship this season ?

Look how that has turned out.

That’s kind of my point. The bookies will have us huge favourites I’d imagine.. it won’t be that easy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 17:11

Killie were massive favourites to win the league this season. From memory they were something like 11/10. The Pars were around 8/1, maybe 4th in the betting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 18:43

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sun 24 Apr 17:11

Killie were massive favourites to win the league this season. From memory they were something like 11/10. The Pars were around 8/1, maybe 4th in the betting.

We were second favourites behind Killie, just ahead of Inverness. Unbelievable really that we are where we are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 18:50

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sun 24 Apr 17:11

Yep I had us at 15/2 for our league along with Falkirk and Kelty.

Not the best bet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 10:20

Even if we are to stay up we need to get rid of Hughes. Yesterday`s man old school mentality.
An 18 month deal was ludicrous, another bad decision from the board.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 10:37

Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew like
Date: Mon 25 Apr 10:20

Even if we are to stay up we need to get rid of Hughes. Yesterday`s man old school mentality.
An 18 month deal was ludicrous, another bad decision from the board.

So, who could they have got on a 6-8 month deal?

What players would have wanted to sign for a manager who could be gone this month?

You just need to look at the mess Man Utd are in with a manager who has a shorter contract than the playing staff

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 10:44

If only we had a board made up of people with the remarkable foresight so many on here seem to have. It must be wonderful going through life without making commitment to anything long-term.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 10:55

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 25 Apr 10:44

If only we had a board made up of people with the remarkable foresight so many on here seem to have. It must be wonderful going through life without making commitment to anything long-term.

We have similar criticism about the length of players contracts. Some folk don`t seem to appreciate that it`s a very complex business. A player or manager the club wants may not be prepared to sign a short-term contract, because if he`s good he`ll know he can get one from another club.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 13:33

Don`t think going with a guy who had a track record of failure pretty much everywhere he went and was fresh off getting relegated from the same league can be spun out to be anything other than a complete cluster ****.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 14:06

If Hughes keeps us up he deserves the chance to build his team the way he wants imo, I don`t agree with every decision he makes but given the absolute mess Peter Grant left us in at the start of the season he`ll deserve some credit for keeping championship status. If we go down I`m sure the questions will be asked both from the club and Hughes himself if that`s a path they`ll continue down together.

As others have said you can`t chop and change managers every season and expect to progress as a club. Let`s hope results go the right way on Friday and the club can go straight to planning for next season with continuity in management that will know the strengths/weaknesses of the players in the squad. I think that was something that was overlooked when Grant came in and started blindly signing defenders despite the club having one of the best defensive records from last season`s championship
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 14:56

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 25 Apr 13:33

Don`t think going with a guy who had a track record of failure pretty much everywhere he went and was fresh off getting relegated from the same league can be spun out to be anything other than a complete cluster ****.

Sorry, but have you actually looked at Hughes` managerial record? It`s certainly not an unblemished success story (relegation with Hartlepool and Raith) but neither is it "a record of failure pretty much everywhere he went"!

I would be happy if as Pars manager he replicates even one of these achievements:
- promotion to the Premiership (Falkirk)
- Scottish Cup finalist (Falkirk)
- Scottish Cup winners (Inverness)
- Avoiding relegation (Ross County)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 15:18

I suspect TAFKA was referring to Peter Grant, Stanza. That`s how I read it anyway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 16:08

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 25 Apr 15:18

I suspect TAFKA was referring to Peter Grant, Stanza. That`s how I read it anyway.

Yeah i was referring to Grant. I was actually quite happy with appointing JH.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 16:30

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 25 Apr 16:08

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 25 Apr 15:18

Yeah i was referring to Grant. I was actually quite happy with appointing JH.

Fair enough, apologies. I did wonder, but most of the previous posts were about Hughes and I thought you meant him.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net