DAFC.net
Home 17 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next weeks display
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:52

I might get shot down in flames for this but hey ho, it sits a bit uneasy with me that we are doing a display when we could be going down this season. I appreciate everything Ross mcarthur has done for the club, however it’s been years of mismanagement that we are in this situation we are in now, yet no one seems to see the board as to blame for the state of the clubs in on the pitch?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next weeks display
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 20:59

There`s not been `years of mismanagement` at board level though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:06

Giving AJ a 2 year deal and sacked 6 months into it, and squad needed gutted as it wasn’t good enough. Rinse and repeat this season with Grant and the squad is even worse. Crawford fair enough for us into play offs but was probably given too much time as performance and results were still poor under him, or do you consider all of the above as success ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:13

Success, no.

Years of mismanagement!! Are you serious?

Wow!

Ignorance on another level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:19

Quote:

morvenpar, Sat 23 Apr 21:13

Success, no.

Years of mismanagement!! Are you serious?

Wow!

Ignorance on another level.

Yes around 6 -7years of mis management will find us back in the third tier
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:19

Ignorance? So you think Dunfermline struggling to stay in the championship is the club being run properly?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:38

…not sure this is a good idea considering the circumstances.

That said I’m not convinced it’s down to mismanagement. The face of lower league football in The Scottish leagues is changing. The idea that better supported clubs will rise to the top is no longer the norm. Look at ourselves and Falkirk. We have a large stadium that’s 1/3 full on match days but still drains our resources. FT football is not a huge advantage over PT.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:38

He deserves a round of applause for all that he has done but not sure there is a need for anything else. This season has been an utter shambles that he played his part in.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 21:39

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on another subscriber
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 22:06

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 23 Apr 21:38

He deserves a round of applause for all that he has done but not sure there is a need for anything else. This season has been an utter shambles that he played his part in.

Difficult to argue with this.

Credit where due and vice versa - the appointment of Grant without due diligence falls into the latter category.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 23 Apr 23:03

Rather than say mismanaged, would you agree that the decision making has been poor? The decision to give AJ a 2 year deal, bring Crawford in, bring Grant in and persist with the same coaching staff since Crawford? On the youth side, bringing in the head of fife elite to run the academy is a strange one also.

We had a massive chance to kick on for promotion this season and blew it with an appointment that the vast majority of fans were very unhappy with. The board tried to explain the decision behind Grant but it was a ridiculous decision in the first place and in theory he should have been nowhere near the Pars job. The board have to take a lot of blame for that. McArthur obviously cares a great deal about the club and the abuse he received was awful but the decision for him to move on is the right one. It`s just a shame he was pushed out the door with the abuse rather than stepping down on his own accord.

I just hope everything goes our way next week and we can try to forget about this disastrous season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 05:55

Running the club in general the board have done well.

The football decisions over the last 5 seasons have been abysmal and we are where we are because of that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 10:35

The last two posts nail it for me.

It seems like off the park there is a better structure and the foundation of an academy/training ground is fantastic. Ross should absolutely be applauded for that.

On the park however.....which what we all pay to be entertained by every match day and the yardstick most use to measure our success as a club.....it`s been a disaster of decision making.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 24 Apr 10:41

Well said Jeffrey. I agree with you.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net