DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Amazing to think...........
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 22:01

....We could be in the same league as Kelty Hearts next season. A tiny wee team that`s a 2 minute walk from my home.

On another note, I`m not sure Yogi should be in charge next season. I just don`t think he is a good fit for the team. I know he hasn`t had long but sometimes you can just tell.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Amazing to think...........
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 25 Apr 23:38

Insightful

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 00:26

Kelty Gretna hearts…. Amazing to think
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 08:31

They can always advice from us on how to avoid administration
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 09:31

Just shows that Scottish football is changing. Over the next decade we might well see Kelty being joined by Bonnyrigg Rose, Auchinleck Talbot, Linlithgow Rose, Pollok, Clydebank, Darvel etc while Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers etc join Brechin and the Shire in losing league status. Its a good thing I think,

In terms of Kelty, I think they`ve actually been really clever. They`ve identified Championship/League One players who were playing full time but were perhaps no longer getting decent full time offers. By giving them a decent part time wage and a decent job (learning a trade in many cases) they`ve managed to assemble a good squad. They aren`t Gretna,.whose chairman spent millions he didn`t have and whose ground hadn`t changed as they moved up the leagues. I also don`t think they are targeting getting into the Premiership as Gretna were and will be quite happy (and probably quite sustainable) as a top end Leegue One/bottom end Championship club. We`ll see what happens best year of course but I think they`ll firstly target survival and then possibly getting into the play-offs; I can`t see them splashing more cash on a title bid.

Agree on Hughes, I wasn`t keen on him when we brought him in although to be fair there was a lack of decent options out there. I don`t think he`s the man to get us back up if we go down and I don`t think he`s the man to get us challenging if we stay up. Who knows though.

And finally, da_no_1 is up to his usual shtick again I see. Nobody forces you to comment on every post you know. If you don`t think a thread is worth commenting on, don`t bother. KRF doesn`t post much on here any more, in line with many previous posters it has to be said, and it`s no wonder when that`s the kind of response you get as soon as anyone posts something. Maybe you`d be better off setting up your own forum where it`s only things you think are worthy of comment are posted?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 09:48

And finally, da_no_1 is up to his usual shtick again I see. Nobody forces you to comment on every post you know. If you don`t think a thread is worth commenting on, don`t bother. KRF doesn`t post much on here any more, in line with many previous posters it has to be said, and it`s no wonder when that`s the kind of response you get as soon as anyone posts something. Maybe you`d be better off setting up your own forum where it`s only things you think are worthy of comment are posted?

Lol he just cannae help himself

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 10:12

The Gretna chairman had plenty money, it just wasn`t spent wisely!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 10:23

I don`t always agree with da no 1 but I must say I didn`t find KRF`s comment that Yogi wasn`t `a good fit for the team` particularly insightful either. I would have thought a big part of the manager`s job is to mould a team that fits his philosophy of the game and a few months, including the mid-season transfer window, is hardly enough time to do that, especially when you start with the team in bottom place.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 10:32

"And finally, da_no_1 is up to his usual shtick again I see. Nobody forces you to comment on every post you know. If you don`t think a thread is worth commenting on, don`t bother. KRF doesn`t post much on here any more, in line with many previous posters it has to be said, and it`s no wonder when that`s the kind of response you get as soon as anyone posts something. Maybe you`d be better off setting up your own forum where it`s only things you think are worthy of comment are posted?"

I can`t be @rsed arguing with you Kelty but I don`t think I`m in any way responsible for people not posting on here as regularly as they used to. I disagree with a lot of Pars fans on here & I make no apology for that but I don`t think I overstep the mark.

His post offered nothing new & I didn`t see the point of it. If you think it did, then fair enough.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 10:48

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 26 Apr 10:12

The Gretna chairman had plenty money, it just wasn`t spent wisely!

I think he did spend it fairly well in terms of success on the park (maybe not from a sustainability perspective!) but the problem when he wasn`t well and he subsequently passed; his family didn`t want to continue throwing money at a football club (understandable!) so they imploded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 11:42

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Mon 25 Apr 22:01

....We could be in the same league as Kelty Hearts next season. A tiny wee team that`s a 2 minute walk from my home.

On another note, I`m not sure Yogi should be in charge next season. I just don`t think he is a good fit for the team. I know he hasn`t had long but sometimes you can just tell.

Like Kelty, I think it`s great that we have a pyramid system in place now. When I was a kid we had a closed shop of two divisions and the same 4 or 5 teams swapped places at the foot of Division 2. They always formed Section 9 in the following season`s League Cup. Kelty will eventually find their level but with such a small population base, it`s likely to be in the lower leagues, unless a rich benefactor can emulate Roy McGregor at Dingwall.

Not sure how you can decide that JH isn`t a "good fit" for the Pars. He took over a squad that we`re winless and bottom of the table and has improved us, but not as much as we might have hoped. The time to assess him is at the end of next season, when he`s had the chance to work with his own squad for a full season.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 13:49

"We could be in the same league as Kelty Hearts next season. A tiny wee team that`s a 2 minute walk from my home."

As alarming to me is that we could be in a league below Cove Rangers next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 26 Apr 17:01

I don`t think you are too tbf da_no_1 but if you don`t think a post is worthy of comment why go to the bother of making one and a sarcastic one at that? In any event, enough people have made comments on the points in the OP so maybe there is enough to be talking about. And posts don`t need to add insight surely? They can initiate discussion or to ask a question.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 04:16

Boo hoo, an Internet troll doesn`t like my comment, I`m so upset lol.

It was just a quickly written, brief comment about my thoughts. If somebody doesn`t like what I have to say I`m not going to bat an eyelid. There are bigger things in life to worry about but feel free to be sarcastic,I don`t look at this forum much any longer.

I wonder why 🤔.

Ps Sorry GG, I just disagree with you. We`re still mediocre and will be lucky to stay up. Just my 2 cents and I`ll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 12:50

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Wed 27 April

Ps Sorry GG, I just disagree with you. We`re still mediocre and will be lucky to stay up. Just my 2 cents and I`ll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Out of interest, who you think would be "a good fit" for the Pars that would

(a) want to come to EEP and
(b) we could afford?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 14:23

GG Riva wrote:

>
Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Wed 27 April
>
> Ps Sorry GG, I just disagree with you. We`re still mediocre and
> will be lucky to stay up. Just my 2 cents and I`ll be more than
> happy to be proved wrong.

>
> Out of interest, who you think would be "a good fit" for the
> Pars that would
>
> (a) want to come to EEP and
> (b) we could afford?
>
>
Exactly my sentiments. Time for a touch of realism in our ambitions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 14:37

Dick Campbell would be the bleedin obvious choice.

If we go down and keep Hughes we`ll be lucky to have 2000 season ticket holders next year.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net