DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 North stand section NWL
Topic Originator: WATDATDAFC  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 18:38

With the north west stand almost sold out again, what are the chances the club will open section NWL, the section at the halfway line that Ross Mcarthur closed down? QOTS have only sold about 25 tickets so not exactly going to "kick off" with them?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: North stand section NWL
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 20:53

Should really open the entire North stand to Pars fans

Is there not going to be a display of appreciation for the outgoing Chairman, how about one he would apreciate with everyone sitting down and facing the front!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 21:27

How about one where you just thank him and others who ensured you still a club and if it weren`t for him you`d probably be on the Kelty Hearts forum?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 27 Apr 23:17

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 27 Apr 21:27

How about one where you just thank him and others who ensured you still a club and if it weren`t for him you`d probably be on the Kelty Hearts forum?

It wasn`t only him though. He was the chairman of a board that saved the club.
He`s not been a particular fan of our core supporters over the years and he can`t complain really if these fans don`t share your idolisation.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 00:40

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 27 Apr 23:17

Quote:

He`s not been a particular fan of our core supporters over the years and he can`t complain really if these fans don`t share your idolisation.

Read my post again. I said "him & others"

I don`t idolise anyone but I would like to recognize and pay tribute to the guy for his hard work. Do you have a problem with that?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 02:52

Quote:

Par, Wed 27 Apr 20:53

Should really open the entire North stand to Pars fans

Is there not going to be a display of appreciation for the outgoing Chairman, how about one he would apreciate with everyone sitting down and facing the front!

So no flags banners or drums then? Everyone just sit doon shut up and show no sign of emotion what so ever? Bet you are a right hoot at parties eh?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 03:24

Myself and others would like to show our gratitude for the work Ross McArthur put in at DAFC. We know that others at the club have worked hard but our Chairman is leaving and it is only fitting ,if you appreciated what he has done, that we thank him. Ross and Bob Garmory have been very supportive of the DASC DONATION SHOP , so the Volunteers from the DONATION SHOP are grateful for what Ross has done. We also thank the fans who support us by donating some brilliant items for selling and with us now donating the proceeds to the DAFC YOUTH ACADEMY FUND, Ross`s idea BTW, we would like to wish Ross All The Best for the future.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 07:21

If you want to support the gesture of appreciation for Ross then do as the vast majority of fans will do and show the outgoing chairman that we are grateful to him for his hard work and efforts during his tenure. If you don`t then ignore it. This display is being organised by fans who know what work has been done by Ross (and the board) both seen and unseen and wanted to give the fans a chance to acknowledge it.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 09:02

Ross deserves this and much more, Some really have no idea of the work he has put into the club over the last decade, not to mention money. Everyone idolises Martin Hardie who came in in Jan and turned the season about, Who do you think paid his wages? Even when he was only a "fan"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 09:16

Quote:

Quote:

Utter nonsense.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 10:20

So many fans don`t seem to understand that clubs have to comply with certain rules relating to crowd behaviour and will be required to address their fans publicly when rules are broken. To characterise this as a vendetta by the chairman against a particular group of fans is pathetic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 10:33

"So many fans don`t seem to understand that clubs have to comply with certain rules relating to crowd behaviour and will be required to address their fans publicly when rules are broken. To characterise this as a vendetta by the chairman against a particular group of fans is pathetic."

but as recent matches have shown, whilst there has been a good atmosphere the behaviour issues are still there just moved to a different section of the stand. rather than target individuals it was just a blanket closure of the section. The clubs own social media share post match images of last few games and can see its the same individuals every time encroaching on the pitch or arguing with stewards etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:45

The sections open now and not much tickets left for it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:47

Section NWL opened up for sale and looks like it will sell out too. I spoke to davie in the shop and he reckons they might open the next section in the east side although QOTS are in there too further along so not sure if that will happen or not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 14:07

Not likely to be many QoS fans up , so would it no be possible to put them in the main stand , like happened regularly till quite recently .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 16:48

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 28 Apr 09:16

Quote:

Quote:

Utter nonsense.

What criteria does one need to satisfy to hold this “core supporters” qualification ?

Maybe AAPS can educate us ?

Post Edited (Thu 28 Apr 16:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:01

I`ll claim to be a "core supporter" after 63yrs supporting the Pars!🤔🏁🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:40

Whole oh the north west as near as good sold out with only 6 seats left in the cage get the north east opened up to home fans now and let’s fill that as well

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:52

Cant.... away fans allocated NEP and NEQ, although they have only sold 37 tickets so far...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:55

Quote:

WATDATDAFC, Thu 28 Apr 18:52

Cant.... away fans allocated NEP and NEQ, although they have only sold 37 tickets so far...

Could easily punt them into the main stand or stick a phone box doon in front of the gyn for them to watch the game from

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:58

I agree the QOS fans should be put into the main stand.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:30

The main question is though are the idiots who run our club going to take steps to help us get in smoother, such as open more turnstiles, or are we going to be queuing down Aldi again and missing the start of the game…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:49

Quote:

BA, Thu 28 Apr 20:30

The main question is though are the idiots who run our club going to take steps to help us get in smoother, such as open more turnstiles, or are we going to be queuing down Aldi again and missing the start of the game…

"The idiots who run our club..."

Wow! Just wow!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:58

Yeah I said it GG - getting into the NW is a shambles when the crowds slightly bigger and the club really should be showing some common sense to sort it!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 21:09

Emotive language aside getting into the NW is an absolute farce. 20 mins early for the Rovers game and still missed a chunk of the start. 2 turnstiles and the 2 not used look stripped away so not even
a contingency option. Guaranteed to be a mess again tomorrow as they can’t cope.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 21:15

Glad to hear L is open, as a section K guy I missed the banter

Why was it shut again? Something chucked at ass` ref?

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 21:17

A fairly good chance the hot food will be wiped out early tomorrow if last week is anything to go by.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 21:34

"The main question is though are the idiots who run our club going to take steps to help us get in smoother, such as open more turnstiles, or are we going to be queuing down Aldi again and missing the start of the game…"

At the Ayr game I asked the steward supervising why only one turnstile at each of the double entrances giving access to Norrie was open.

Answer given - the other turnstile was out of service as the electronic scanning device had been deactivated.

If that is the case, a total of two entrances to the Norrie is clearly inadequate.

The same will presumably apply at the NW entrance ?

If there are a significant number of returning born again core supporters tomorrow evening - be prepared for queues.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 21:41

Yeah veteran - it’ll be a full house in the NW tomorrow and the clowns will only have 2 turnstiles open I bet!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 22:36

At the Ayr game they had a steward with a hand held scanner at the North west. Was much faster getting in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 22:43

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Thu 28 Apr 22:36

At the Ayr game they had a steward with a hand held scanner at the North west. Was much faster getting in.

Totally agree and hope that is the case tomorrow.
Get the fans in.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 22:43

"Yeah veteran - it’ll be a full house in the NW tomorrow and the clowns will only have 2 turnstiles open I bet!"

If I`m correct - the club doesn`t have any more serviceable turnstiles to open there.

That may not be an accurate observation of course.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 06:26

Topic Originator: BA
Date: Thu 28 Apr 20:58

Yeah I said it GG - getting into the NW is a shambles when the crowds slightly bigger and the club really should be showing some common sense to sort it!

The NW was my regular vantage point for some 30 years, when it was a standing only, covered terracing, BA. We never had any problems getting in, including sell out games v the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs, but then we never all arrived just a few mins before kick off. It was usually 15-20 mins, buy a pie and bovril at the kiosk and read the match programme until kick off. Now, some fans prefer to go for a beer or two and leave it kind of late.....

I`m not sure who you were labelling "idiots" and "clowns" above, but I suspect it might be the BoD, given you added "who run our club." You should know that none of them organise the turnstiles - that is done by the stewarding company (G4S?) who are well paid for their efforts. Perhaps you could have raised your legitimate concerns with Drew Main or Matt Ford, rather than resort to using gratuitous insults on a public forum? It`s possible that they`re not aware that there are issues in getting through the turnstiles quickly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 08:02

GG - good memories! I can just recall the terracing days, I was literally a boy on my dads shoulders but still have some fond memories of a busy EEP and the buzz of Norrie leading the team out the main stand door and down the stairs!

I confess I’m not aware of who’s responsible for turnstiles on match days, whether it be G4S or the club, either way surely it’s got to be a collective effort! The club is bound to have influence over how it’s paying customers get into the premises and the match day experience it offers. Surely it gets such feedback? After all the BoD are ‘fans’ who talk to people in the stands surely!?

Furthermore, the BoD have the perfect view of the NW from their prawn sandwich brigade seats, surely they notice the NW is half empty at kick off (and gets busier as the game goes on) and realise something mustn’t be right… surely to god!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 08:38

I was told by a police officer at the rovers game that if you have a printed out match ticket then you can enter through a side vate at the turnstile where your ticket will be checked. He never told me this until i was about 8 from the front but if this is true it would save me quieing over 35mins and reduce the main queue for others.

Anyone know if this is correct?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 08:38

In response to a previous complaint, an additional turnstile was opened at the NW for the Ayr game. The turnstile itself was inoperable but a steward used a handheld scanner to check tickets. As Ladswell Thistle mentioned, entry was much quicker and I`m not aware of anyone who had difficulty getting in on that occasion. Perhaps BA wasn`t at that game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 09:40

At Firhill last week the turnstile operator just looked at the ticket on my phone without scanning it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 09:41

I was told by a police officer at the rovers game that if you have a printed out match ticket then you can enter through a side vate at the turnstile where your ticket will be checked. He never told me this until i was about 8 from the front but if this is true it would save me quieing over 35mins and reduce the main queue for others.

Anyone know if this is correct?

They did start doing that at the rovers game yes, I don’t think it’s standard protocol though - I got the impression they just realised they had to do something to speed things up!

I wasn’t at the Ayr game no, so I live in hope this extra one man/woman makes the difference tonight!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 09:53

Ok cheers, hopefully its in use tonight as it would really help

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 10:11

Can anybody in the know tell us how many turnstiles will be open for Norrie ticket holders tonight ?

If only 2, as at the Ayr game, there will be unnecessary queuing.

Also, are the 2 closed turnstiles due to temporary technical issues which can/will be rectified, or a pre-planned measure ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 10:32

They were also putting ticket holders through the "season ticket only" turnstiles, thus annoying the regular attendees.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 12:14

This, tonight, will be truly epic!

Seems to be a carnival atmosphere in the town centre today! i for one have my beach ball, and other inflatables tonight to spur the guys on!

The display will be epic also with so many in the NW. Pyrotechnics, flags all att to a fantastic atmosphere!

Ideally i want us to be in the play-offs as it means more games this season! i cant wait to be in amongst it tonight in the NW...Display, atmosphere, pyro and a good laugh!!!!

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:32

Aren’t pyrotechnics prohibited ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:58

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 29 Apr 13:32

Aren’t pyrotechnics prohibited ?

It’s only illegal if you get caught 😉

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 14:39

Show a bit of respect for Ross.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 15:01

They will be used in the carnage of the NW anyway!!! G4S try stop that section they will be hounded out!

But yes they are prohibited but it’s a good laugh!

Cover ur mouth for goodness sake! Find a mask in ur ass pocket!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 15:09

Ticket sales look like they`re ticking along nicely. Main stand looking sparse and Norrie definitely picked up from yesterday. Not that I`m obsessively checking it or anything.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdave  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 15:25

It would be great if the club could release ticket sales updates. It could really spur people on to attend. Something similar to what Killie did for the arbroath game last week
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 15:33

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 29 Apr 10:11

Can anybody in the know tell us how many turnstiles will be open for Norrie ticket holders tonight ?

If only 2, as at the Ayr game, there will be unnecessary queuing.

Also, are the 2 closed turnstiles due to temporary technical issues which can/will be rectified, or a pre-planned measure ?

VEE everything behind the 2 turnstiles that are not used has been removed so can’t imagine will be in use tonight unless some sort of hand held device, they are closer to being a movie set than a functioning turnstile from what I could see at the Rovers game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 15:38

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 29 Apr 06:26

Topic Originator: BA
Date: Thu 28 Apr 20:58

The NW was my regular vantage point for some 30 years, when it was a standing only, covered terracing, BA. We never had any problems getting in, including sell out games v the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs, but then we never all arrived just a few mins before kick off. It was usually 15-20 mins, buy a pie and bovril at the kiosk and read the match programme until kick off. Now, some fans prefer to go for a beer or two and leave it kind of late.....

This is the standard dismissal people give to a genuine complaint and it’s really quite condescending. It is absolutely not a situation caused by arriving 2 minutes before kick off to have a beer. I had already pointed out we were 20 minutes early for Rovers and others have said similar.

20 minutes should be a massive amount of time for the size of stand that the NW is and we still missed 15 mins of that match - one where the tickets are sold in advance so the club know how many are coming so should be responding to that resource need.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 17:33

Apologies if that came across as condescending P, that was not my intention and I don`t think BA took offence. I agree that 20 mins should be ample time to get in before KO and I said as much in my previous post. While you and I may arrive in plenty of time, there are plenty of last minute arrivals, nevertheless. I`ve seen them myself and Walter Logie, who coordinates the CCTY images in and around the stadium from the control room can confirm this.

My point to BA was that he would have better making his concern known to the relevant people within the club rather than moan about it on this forum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 17:48

"VEE everything behind the 2 turnstiles that are not used has been removed so can’t imagine will be in use tonight unless some sort of hand held device, they are closer to being a movie set than a functioning turnstile from what I could see at the Rovers game."

Thanks P.

So, only 2 regular turnstiles in use for the whole of the Norrie ?

Is the club having a laugh ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:05

To be fair was the only thing that seemed ok tonight as they had a handheld at a third turnstile open - that said I made sure I was 30 mins early this time 😄

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:31

Fair play to the club tonight, they must have found the keys to the other turnstiles at the Norrie.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net