DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nerves
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 09:33

Anyone else nervous ahead of tomorrow, I have not felt like this for ages! Need to get Big Leish into the changing room before the game, even pars lads like Mccann to remind the team what this means to the fans!

I kind of wish i was not bringing the wee man with me because I think I am going to need a good few beers before the game lol! Hope we can get a decent sized crowd tromorrow!

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nerves
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:03

The way I look at it is that we’re in the play offs and all we can do is go out tomorrow, organised, hard working and aggressive and we should win the game.

It’s really Ayr who are under the real pressure as they’re the ones who could blow it and lose 8th place

Post Edited (Thu 28 Apr 12:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:14

Quote:

DBP, Thu 28 Apr 12:03

The way I look at it is that we’re in the play offs and all we can do is go out tomorrow, organised, hard working and aggressive and we should win the game.

It’s really Ayr who are under the real pressure as they’re the ones who could blow it and lose 8th place

I`m similar to this. We`ve avoided automatic relegation, something that has looked like a potential reality for at least 3 to 4 months. Don`t feel pressure about tomorrow night but ask me again at half time!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:17

No, I would have been nervous if QoS had won last week. In my mind we are in the playoffs and it will just be a great bonus if we get out of them.

Saving my nerves for the play off games. That will be squeeky bum time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:28

I`ve got a certain amount of apathy about tomorrow.

For a start I don`t have any confidence in the manager.

Think Ayr will probably get what they need.

Then the torture of play offs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 12:51

It`ll not be torture. Keep the away games relatively tight which we`re capable of doing. Then pack EEP for the home game(s)

Simple

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 13:18

Nervous & hyperoony x 100

And that’s just aboot whit new frock to wear!

I’ll no’ sleep the night!

Mon the Paaaars 🖤🤍❤️

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 13:25

I`m surprisingly calm about it all just now, and I`d be much more nervous if we were a point ahead or if a loss would mean QOS overtaking us. That definitely will change during the game if the two games are such that a goal either way will tip things the other way, but for now I`m about as relaxed as I ever am before a big game. Hopefully the same for our players, and hopefully Ayr`s players are uncontrollably nervous.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 13:43

It`s hard not to be nervous when our fate isn`t entirely in our own hands but hopefully the players can forget about that and just focus on winning our game. Fans might have reservations about the manager but we have only lost once at home since his appointment and that was 3-0 to `bogey team` Arbroath on Boxing Day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 13:44

I normally get very nervous, but I`m not for tomorrow. It`s completely out our hands. We can only do our job and hope Partick do us a favour. I`ll be more nervous tuning in to the live scores on my phone whilst at the game!

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 13:49

"It’s really Ayr who are under the real pressure as they’re the ones who could blow it and lose 8th place."

On the other hand they have a clear target, a win = matter closed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 14:00

Nah, not nervous at all tbh.
The playoffs? They`ll be nerve-wracking, if Partick manage to keep it tight or go ahead? Then aye there`ll be nerves.

But it`s totally out of our hands, no point worrying about it too much.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 14:34

Absolutely nothing to worry about as I’ve stuck a tenner on an Ayr win.
The Pars are in safe hands.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 15:19

No nerves. Have resigned myself to the fact we will be in the play offs.
They won`t be nervous either, as couldn`t trust that lot to get through them.
Now, it goes without saying that I hope I`m wrong and that we get through the coming weeks securing championship status.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 15:29

Quote:

Grant, Thu 28 Apr 14:00

Nah, not nervous at all tbh.
The playoffs? They`ll be nerve-wracking, if Partick manage to keep it tight or go ahead? Then aye there`ll be nerves.

But it`s totally out of our hands, no point worrying about it too much.

Totally this ^^
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 16:24

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 28 Apr 13:49

"It’s really Ayr who are under the real pressure as they’re the ones who could blow it and lose 8th place."

On the other hand they have a clear target, a win = matter closed.

That’s kinda my point, they’re the only ones that can blow it as they’re the only ones who have it in their gift . We could pump QoS ten nil and it’s meaningless if Ayr run out 1 nil winners.

Hopefully we do the business early which will ask the question of Ayr… and if they **** the bed and blow it, then I’ll be laughing the whole way home - and if they don’t, then it’s no change for us - in the playoffs as it stands anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 16:55

We could easily blow it by losing to QotS, which would make Ayr’s result irrelevant.

An early goal, or scoring first, is hugely important tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 18:37

We need to with an attacking side , Todorov and Mcann are too alike we need to go with possibly Mcann and Ohara with Dom on the wing, get the job done then worry about other results.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:14

"It`ll not be torture. Keep the away games relatively tight which we`re capable of doing. Then pack EEP for the home game(s)

Simple"

That`s what I thought in 2014. Draw on the ploughed field at Central Park then back to a packed East End and the nice wide and well maintained pitch. Oops.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:47

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 28 Apr 20:14

"It`ll not be torture. Keep the away games relatively tight which we`re capable of doing. Then pack EEP for the home game(s)

Simple"

That`s what I thought in 2014. Draw on the ploughed field at Central Park then back to a packed East End and the nice wide and well maintained pitch. Oops.

Fortunately, this is 2022. We have a co pletely different team and a different manager. Hopefully he will not emulate JJ by leaving out his best players and starting inexperienced kids in their place. I`ll never forgive him for that.We could have been in the Championship with Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Raith and Falkirk.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 20:53

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 28 Apr 20:14

Simple"

8 year ago min. Time to let it gooooooo

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Thu 28 Apr 22:27

we dont worry about ayr game and concentrate on winning then see what happens hope for luck on our side for a change cmon yee pars

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 06:47

Not nervous at all. As others have said, we`ve avoided automatic relegation. We should be able to beat QOS who will be on a downer and a number of their team will know they`re being released after this game.

We`re guaranteed to be in the play offs, unless Partick do us a huge favour or Ayr bottle it. I can`t see either happening but as Jimmy Greaves used to say, "Football`s a f@nny old game", so it would be foolish to rule it out completely.

Had QOS won v Ayr, I`d have been bricking it.... 😀

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 07:58

I would have preferred QoS to have beaten Ayr as then it would still have been in our hands. It is not as if Ayr`s last game was away at Killie. Yes the pressure to win would have been on had Ayr lost; but 1) we would be at home where we have generally have played better recently and 2) even if we are in the play-offs we are still going to have to beat two teams to stay up. I would preferred to have had it down to only having to beat Queens today in a single home game (even if Queens would have been up for it) and 3) it would have made it one hell of a contest. Sadly I suspect Ayr will win today (making our result today irrelevant) as Partick can afford to rest some key players, and others won`t want to get injured with the play-offs coming up. Hopefully I am wrong and Partick do us a favour and we do what we need to and stay up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 12:50

This may be clutching at straws but Ayr haven`t got a great record against Partick this season, having lost the previous three league games by a combined score of 0-9. That doesn`t mean the trend will continue tonight of course but it might have a psychological impact on their game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:18

No nerves at all .
I must be one of the few who expect a draw or a Partick win tonight .
Even if Ayr were to win , or we fail to win .
I`d still confidently expect us to come through the play offs . I`m just glad 10th is off the table .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:25

Well I’ve made a big decision
The frock has been chosen.
I repeat….
The. Frock. Has. Been. Chosen.

Fake tan applied to the pins ~ it’s time to rock n roll!

Come on ye Paaaaaaaaaaars!
🖤🤍❤️

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:34

Ayr haven’t won in their last 7, they’ve won 1 of the last 9. They’re absolutely mince.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 13:35

I agree entirely with your take. RhinoPars ... my heart sank when Ayr equalised last weekend . But we are where we are and your attitude is spot on, Parsweep. I`m really looking forward to this evening. I love any game at EEP when there`s a decent crowd and some noise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 14:36

Not nervous in the slightest. Fully expect Ayr to score early and then for that game to peter out unless Raith go nap and ate two or three up at half time.

Of course if Partick score or it stays 0-0 for any length of time I might start to think we can escape the play offs but I won`t be getting too excited unless there`s multiple things that need to happen for us to finish 9th (e.g. we go 1-0 up and Ayr are 1 down so us losing a goal and Ayr scoring both need to happen for us to be Firhill bound).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 17:11

I`m not nervous at all. As it stands we`re in the play offs next Tuesday. Tonight things can`t get any worse.

A month ago I thought we`d be relegated at this stage so to have a slim chance of finishing 8th is a bonus.

I`d be nervous if Queens had won last Saturday and had a chance of catching up with us

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 18:00

Agreed, no point thinking about the other game… no matter what happens tonight we can’t find ourself ins worse position - so let’s go out there, show QoS why were the better team, get some form and momentum going for playoffs

(And if anything happens in the other game then so be it)

Post Edited (Fri 29 Apr 18:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 20:22

That`s that then. Hopefully get a few goals to build the confidence then we can make some changes to give some players a wee rest before Wednesday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 20:35

McCann for Lawless please.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 20:46

Thats the next call, at 2-0 you have to keep playing but 3-0 and you might start thinking about changes for wednesday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 21:44

I’m not even nervous anymore. Complete apathy has set in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:01

Yes.

Surely we can`t be as bad as we were on Wednesday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:05

Maybe if we stopped playing not to lose and tried playing to win, then we will start getting getting where we want to be.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:13

I think for me that’s right… but playing for the win is about taking a risk, making a run on the assumption your team mate will win the header or beat his man or make the cross/through ball
When we do that, we do well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:15

Quote:

Parfect69, Fri 29 Apr 21:44

I’m not even nervous anymore. Complete apathy has set in

I feel the same. This is a huge game for our club today. Relegation would be a disaster and, I`m absolutely bothered about the result as I always am, but there`s a feeling of `meh` as well.

I wouldn`t trust our squad to beat a team of toddlers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:22

I don`t feel nervous which is strange given if it goes wrong it will be league 1 football.

Maybe because I don`t have a great deal of faith in the manager and players it feels like we could go down and I`ve had the feeling for a while.

Sad times indeed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:41

With this team you can tell in about 10 minutes whether they are up for it.

Who is going to gee the team up if it’s not going our way? I don’t see anyone on the park or in the dugout capable of it.

1st goal all important. Will be interesting to see how defensive yogi sets us up today and if Dom comes back in. Hopefully he takes chalmers out and replaces him with a more forward thinking player.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:57

Several factors for today`s Game
Team selection , formation and then if those chosen will go out and play how we can actually play !
The recent games against Morton , Raith, Patrick shows when we like we can do it
So I hope we actually get the sleeves rolled up and get right in there !
But my nerves are jangling because we just do not know how JH will set up the team or what players will get a game today ( we all have a good idea who won`t be dropped ) and that is worrying
I will be there today so cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 7 May 11:47

I`m feeling so confident that if we can`t beat QP at EEP I`ll eat my hat.

Pork pie of course.

(Yes I only wear Wall`s pork pies - it`s the jelly - good for my comb-over.)

No honestly, Pars to win today, I feel it in my bones - (or was that just arthritis?)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 7 May 11:48

Team selection last Wednesday was based on the state of the pitch, don`t want your star players turning an ankle on a tattie field.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 7 May 11:59

when do pars ever do anything easy will have andrex ready cmon yee pars

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 7 May 12:02

Be ready for tears of joy!

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 7 May 14:11

Not nervous. I have accepted the fact they have downed tools. I don`t think half the team give a monkeys if we go down. We have made it clear we think they are sh*t and we don`t want them so why the fk should they care?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 7 May 14:31

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 7 May 14:11

Not nervous. I have accepted the fact they have downed tools. I don`t think half the team give a monkeys if we go down. We have made it clear we think they are sh*t and we don`t want them so why the fk should they care?

What nonsense min.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 7 May 14:48

Quote:

Grant, Sat 7 May 14:31

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 7 May 14:11

What nonsense min.

I hope so Grant, but I am a wee bit concerned.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 14:51

I`m not nervous, I`m expecting us to get relegated either today or next Sunday so there`s no point being nervous.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net