DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Embarrassing Performance
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:04

We were an absolute disgrace tonight. Not one player impressed and after all the cringe rallying calls from Yogi asking us to do their bit they couldn`t do theirs. All 5000+ of us deserve a massive pat on the back for showing up at that. They don`t deserve anyone showing up for them next week as we deserve so much better. I was excited at the appointment of Hughes but he has shown how clueless he is tactically and some of his signings are shocking. Joe Chalmers has to be one of the worst midfielders I`ve seen at the club. I can`t think of a positive thing he brings to the midfield and god knows who told him he could take free kicks? Cole is a far more talented player than him. Why would Yogi start the same squad that were rank rotten against Ayr? Our subs changed that game and even then we were fortunate to win that. Efe is another one that is clearly miles away from what he used to be. Far too slow and nowhere near good enough. The second goal was amateur hour from him.

Based on the last few weeks we have no chance in the playoffs, especially if we stick with the same negative tactics that clearly do not work. We won`t even make the final. I can`t believe this is where we have ended up this season. The club is a total train wreck and someone needs to change, fast. Even BBC are giving us dogs abuse for tonight.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Embarrassing Performance
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:09

Absolutely correct. Players have no pride or desire .They have embarrassed themselves, and the fans.Shame on them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:10

Hughes should be out on his ear after tonight. Disgusting performance, lawless not fit to wear the captain’s armband. We look set for the drop..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:13

Yogi we are still the laughing stock of Scotish football you have done nothing to change that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:15

As supporters we deserve better than that. They started the game well and got the goal but obviously got news at HT that Ayr were comfortable so it appeared they just gave up.

Disgraceful

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 29 Apr 22:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:15

I thought Lawless was ineffectual tonight and has been for last few months , but one player who makes my blood boil is Polworth, what an utter charlatan.
I did think Edwards had a very good game as did Donaldson. Astonished that Hughes took Pybus off , I really dont get that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sjapar  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:17

The major problem was the appointment of Peter Grant . Who in there right mind hires a man that has just got a team relegated from a
league your hoping to get out off .

Clueless .

scott
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:18

wetherby wrote:

> I thought Lawless was ineffectual tonight and has been for last
> few months , but one player who makes my blood boil is
> Polworth, what an utter charlatan.
> I did think Edwards had a very good game as did Donaldson.
> Astonished that Hughes took Pybus off , I really dont get that.
>
>
Save him for Wednesday given Ayr were 3 up ?

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:19

We really can`t keep blaming Peter Grant. He left in November

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:19

One job… beat an already relegated side at home. Can’t even manage a draw. Complete and utter shambles.

Whoever said the polworth comment above, I agree with that. About every single final pass he got wrong tonight and stood and waited on the ball. Move ffs

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:21

That was disgraceful.
Was listening to Sportsound on the way home, and Allan Preston absolutely slaughtered the players, from effort to professionalism.
Got to say, I don`t usually agree with much he says, but he was spot on with his assessment of that lot.
Then that bumbling idiot of a manger comes on and says we created loads of chances? And that the players have gave him everything??
Mind you, he also said he turned to Whittaker in the second half and said that we were flat and weren`t playing, It would`ve been good if he`d tried to something about it then.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  

I thought the late goals in the Ayr match disguised the fact that Polwarth had one of the all time bad Pars shifts.

Our squad doesn`t have the right blend of character and the turnover year on year is absurd. I`d rather get relegated knowing we were building a team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  

Biscuits has just savaged them on Radio Scotland. Never heard such strongly worded criticism of a team from an ex player before. Worth a listen back.
Hughes didn`t do himself any favours by coming on and criticising them for being flat and not putting enough into the second half them completely contradicting himself by saying how great they are and always give him 100%
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:24

Hughes cut from the same cloth that Grant was. Wolves are at his door now. No way is this shower staying up.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:25

Agreed da no 1. Was a shocking appointment but Yogi has been a disaster also. The fact that queen of the south have won more games than us this season says it all. Yogi doesn`t have the bottle to drop his favourites. Lawless has been rank rotten the last few games. Why not give Kamwa a chance? Why is Cole not played instead of Chalmers. Why keep sticking with one up front and playing high balls and crosses to the smallest man in the pitch. Does it work? No, but let`s try again next week and see if it works this time! Madness..

It`s a shame Allan Preston didn`t interview Yogi after his assessment. At least pundits and others are noticing how far we have fallen.

Post Edited (Fri 29 Apr 22:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:26

That is probably the worst Dunfermline team I’ve seen in my lifetime. A squad built for promotion just sleepwalking into an almost inevitable relegation. That team aren’t good enough for this division and deserve to be relegated. Those players should be sacked. What an embarrassment to our town.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:26

Every single player is dross. Wouldn’t batter an eyelid if any of them left in the summer. Also tactically pathetic.
No chance that team wins 2 ties to stay up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:27

We chucked that second half. 5400 fans let down by a bunch of wasters. Ross F nailed it in his opening post. Once we`re out if the play offs Yogi has to be emptied along with three quarters of this squad. Not even angry just so Meh.

Yogi GTF.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:27

Hughes is every bit the dinosaur Grant is.
Another one who talks the talk and cannae do the walk.
The board need blamed too for appointing these jokers.
For the last 5 years nobody at the club seems to have much of a footballing clue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: galapar  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:32

Can’t argue with anything said above. Number 39 with the orange boots must be up there with some of our worst signings. I would retain very few of the squad for next season no matter what division. 5400 people have just been badly short changed and our manager asked us to turn up in our tops. Pity most of the 11 on the park forgot to put there’s on. Disgusted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:34

Get them all to f*ck. including yogi. Team full of cowards.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:35

Said at the time Hughes was going to be a bad appointment, I`ve started to consider that relegation might not be the worst thing if he has a relegation clause in his contract, if we do stay up we`ll be paying him off in a few months time when we`re in another relegation battle.

Sadly though I have absolute no faith that we`d appoint anyone half competent.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:36

Allan Preston is a fanny but hard to disagree with a lot of what he said

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:42

Sorry but as a guy who played the position for many years and scored barrowloads, albeit at a slightly lower level, wee O`Hara will still be running around aimlessly in 10 seasons to come and still not score. He doesn`t know how to play the position and gives no hassle to opposing centre halfs. That chance he squandered in the first half says it all. Is he scared to stick it in the net. Just put the laces through it son.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:44

Relegation would be a disaster - just look at Falkirk, and to a lesser extent, Alloa.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:50

Have to agree with most posters here
We are still the laughing stock of Scottish Football !! and JH has certainly took the reins from PG totally inept tactics tonight again , most of that team tonight could have been subbed at half time , total lack of effort , not interested cannot pass to each other , never defend corners or free kicks we can go on and on
and what has Lawless to do not to get a start ? same with polwarth and chalmers none of them should be wearing a Pars strip
Once again That`s another 90 minutes of my life I won`t get back !!
Massive clear out required from backroom , players and manager !
On that embarrassing performance tonight League 1 is where we will end and if we do go down it may be a long time before we get back to the championship and the knock on effect is we lose our brilliant fan base who came out in numbers again tonight and were once again let down badly , That was absolute torture tonight

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 22:52

We were decent for 25 minutes, but as said before, we can`t put the ball in the net often enough. Our midfielders just do not have the desire to get into goalscoring positions.

I was always confident we could navigate the play-offs. I`m really not sure now. We are going into these games off the back of three poor performances.

Momentum is everything in these types of games and we ain`t got any.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:01

We have to stop blaming this on Peter Grant! Yes he was a terrible appointment and was a disaster, but he left in November. Hughes had a full transfer window (with money) to change the team with players out there like Cummings and Griffiths available who could possibly change the squad for the better.

The biggest problem though was his stubbornness, he stuck far too long with a striker that wasn’t scoring as if one day he was gonna wake up and be the new Messi! He waits far too long to make subs either to change up a struggling team or to freshen up a tiring one (this has cost us several games). And then we have his favouritism, again we have the misfiring striker while 3 natural goalscorers sit on the sidelines, and even worse basically running an international defender out of town due to his deciding he wasn’t for him.

I didn’t want Hughes in the first place as he was just another journeyman manager but I gave him a chance and I still think he’s the wrong man for us!! A total disaster

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRJ1986  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:03

Managed to get a night away from my newborn to watch that….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:03

Quote:

ParfectXI, Fri 29 Apr 23:01

We have to stop blaming this on Peter Grant! Yes he was a terrible appointment and was a disaster, but he left in November. Hughes had a full transfer window (with money) to change the team with players out there like Cummings and Griffiths available who could possibly change the squad for the better.

The biggest problem though was his stubbornness, he stuck far too long with a striker that wasn’t scoring as if one day he was gonna wake up and be the new Messi! He waits far too long to make subs either to change up a struggling team or to freshen up a tiring one (this has cost us several games). And then we have his favouritism, again we have the misfiring striker while 3 natural goalscorers sit on the sidelines, and even worse basically running an international defender out of town due to his deciding he wasn’t for him.

I didn’t want Hughes in the first place as he was just another journeyman manager but I gave him a chance and I still think he’s the wrong man for us!! A total disaster

Griffiths would really have helped, he can’t get into a Falkirk side unable to make the play offs.

Cummings also wasn’t available, his step dad is ex par G Robertson, told us at hospitality he was going to Australia regardless.

At least if your going to say stuff make it actually worthwhile
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:15

Not just an embarrassing performance tonight , but the whole season has been a total disaster from the manager appointments, keeping failed coaching staff , we have been tactically inept all season, both the managerial appointment were treated with disdain by most fans yet the B.O.D blundered on and tonight was merely the final result of the hapless running of a once proud club who are now the laughing stock of Scottish football .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:26

Peter Grant can`t take any of the blame for that.

The shape and team selection were frankly bizarre and nothing is being learnt from one performance to the next.

This is the first time I`ve criticised him/them but that defeat was all about bad decisions by Hughes and his coaches.

First team operations in this club need a total review regardless of what league we`re in next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:27

Allan Preston was certainly savage in his criticism, though I`d generally ignore that as he always seems a bit of a fanny to me too.

I know I`ll get ripped for this but not really fussed. I`m happy to say what I think, even when that`s different to everyone else. I think his criticism was over the top, and don`t think we were quite as bad as he made out. The first half was OK - we were the better team and deserved the lead at half-time and probably should have been 2-0 up as O`Hara`s chance looked like a sitter. The main problem was how we were set up. Right from the start we were in frantic mode, almost what you`d expect with 10 mins to go and chaing an equaliser. We seem to have two modes - frantic and languid - with not much in between. Even when we got a lead, we were still frantic, and it seemed very bizarre to me. A few times we were almost caught by it and it all seemed quite needless.

In the second half we weren`t really being ripped apart, but the combination of losing a terrible equaliser then getting the news that Ayr were 3-0 up just seemed to flatten us completely. With our result pretty much irrelevant, I don`t really blame the manager for taking key players off with Wednesday in mind. That weakened us, but given the wider situation it was fair enough.

No doubt it was a poor night, but I`m prepared to be a little more forgiving than some, given how things were playing out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:31

The club is an embarrassment. They have let the fans down again and again. As a club we have a really loyal fan base who have had the p*** taken out of them for the last 5 years.

Season tickets up in price every year and on the pitch we just keep getting worse.

A chairman who hires a guy that has just had a team relegated from the same league!

I’m sick to the back teeth of it all at the moment. I’d usually burst a gut to get to a playoff to support my team but I won’t be there on Wednesday. The away performances over the past month have been horrendous.

I hate to say it but we deserve to go down.

Clean slate! Get those players and manager out the door. The board have to take a serious look at themselves.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:40

Edwards was outstanding tonight. Donaldson was good as usual but I don’t think he is fully fit. Todd was ok.

The whole team played well 1st half. Wtf happened in the 2nd half ? They were pitiful.

They must have known the score from Somerset.

We are on course to be seriously embarrassed by a league 1 side.

Those teams are well organised and will run all day , while we have team full of imposters who are happy to stroll around.

Said after the Ayr game that Yogi has no clue despite the win.

Don’t think anyone who shot me down then will defending him tonight.

I am dreading the play off semi.

At least we should only have one tie suffer before being put out of our misery.

Regardless of which league we are in next season, that dugout and “ team “ needs completely gutted……

We might have a chance if Lawless is dropped and stripped of the arm band. Give it to CD. Play Kamwa and Cole. Chalmers should never play for us again and god forbid Dorrans playing in the play offs. Ambrose is another who should never play another minute.

Even DT has been brutal of late.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 29 Apr 22:19

We really can`t keep blaming Peter Grant. He left in November

Along with the fact only 1 of his signings started tonight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:50

I think that`s a great post Socks for what it`s worth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:54

Where do you start, we`ll it shouldn`t be a surprise that we haven`t scored many goals because we take far to long fannnying about in midfield and the back 4, gives teams plenty of time to get organised at the back. This is fine if you have players of the Man. City calibre but not the players we have now. Don`t always agree with Alan Preston but he was spot on tonight with the slaughtering of the whole team. I don`t suppose we will ever again have a team with at least some home resident players, for instance Norrie and John Watson who owned a pub in the town and knew they would get a bit of stick from the punters albeit friendly if they came up short on the pitch but mostly they had too much pride in their performance to let that happen very often. Not so sure if any of the team tonight were bothered about their performance in the second half. Would our present situation have been any better if we had remained a fan owned club or would we already be bankrupt. Was some of Hughes signings only temporary just to keep us up, Ambrose for instance and is it the same with his tactics because I certainly would not be happy watching the style of football that this team has been doing since he took over. If we go down I believe we should go part time and believe we can sign more honest players this way and will get more for our money.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:55

I suppose its only natural to care a bit less when the situation is out of your control.

A win would`ve given the fans and players a boost going into the playoffs. That should have been motivation enough

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 29 Apr 23:57

Socks I certainly agree that we are often languid, but frantic ? Not tonight, not when we still often take twenty passes to get out of our half…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 00:06

That’s me and the wee one just home .. 2 trains and a taxi later…. He turned to me and asked is it worth this hassle….

Wish the players would have put a little effort in

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 03:34

We played good football in the first half . When Ayr went 2 nil up it flattened the place .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 05:08

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 29 Apr 22:44

Relegation would be a disaster - just look at Falkirk, and to a lesser extent, Alloa.

We’ll suck it up buttercup we’re headed to league 1 I’ve seen nothing over the past 3 games to suggest the players have a fight in them

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 06:50

Yogi said we want Queens Park at their best... Really?
We just put in one of the most half arsed performances I`ve ever seen in any football game I`ve ever watched. The really worrying thing is we have a good few of those clowns on a 2 year deal so we are stuck with them next year anaw. Relegated with a team who if they "perform" like that will be lucky to stay in league 1 next year while being utterly humiliated by both Falkirk and Kelty is a grim looking prospect.

A real post mortem needs to take place after the playoffs. We need to look at the hiring process and get a manager in that wants the job, has a CV, and applied for it although it really does look like a poisoned chalice at the moment. Last night was a brilliant chance with the club asking supports of the past to return and cheer on the boys and the numbers suggest they did but the team didn`t. It`s really disappointing that our fate was really sealed at half time with the Ayr result but a win gives you a wee bit of momentum going into the playoffs and gives a wee bit back to the returning fans but the players couldn`t even be arsed doing that.

I`m not the biggest fan of Thomas but I thought him and pybus at least tried to get on the ball and make things happen but get subbed. Club have nobody else to blame the fans done their but turning up shame the team let us all down again.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 07:14

Think that`s twice in as many days I`ve disagreed - at least in part - with socks after agreeing in the main with his analysis over the past several years.

I do agree we started well and in fact I said during the first half hour or so that this proved we could play some nice football when we get the ball down on a good surface. Some of the triangles were sharply worked and we had great joy switching the play to the full backs in advanced areas. No idea why we stopped doing that tbh. We should have been out of sight really but for some poor finishing.

After that though? I`m sorry but I`m going with the majority view in that it was a disgrace. I don`t care if Ayr were 2, 3 or 10 up in the other game, Hughes has been in these play offs before and surely knows the importance of momentum. Having got into a decent position where we had it in our own hands we are now on a poor run of form (three losses in our last four) and performances (three abject performances in a row). Our opponents will be confident and in decent nick. We went from having a good home record under Hughes to looking like we can`t hack it. Whereas the other sides previously might have thought they`d need to win the home leg as the game at East End would be a lot harder (opening up the possibility of a more open game we could exploit), now they know there is nothing to fear and don`t need to go all guns blazing at home. Then there`s the fact that over 5,000 fans turned up when we`ve been rotten all season. You don`t want to put on a bit of a show, get stuck in, prove to the fans that you`re hurting and will run through brick walls to stay up?

Sorry but that was really poor last night. From a team who always looked like scoring from set pieces (Thomas to Murray was like a cheat code on FIFA) we now can`t beat the first man. At the other end we can`t seem to defend set plays now. It`s hardly a surprise having played three keepers and twelve - TWELVE! - different players at centre back in either a back four or back three this season. Players who have done well - and even been praised by the manager - are then ignored the following game. We have a big squad and can make five subs but why bother when they are made too late to have an influence. I fully expect us to go down now and the only way I won`t be angry is if we show a bit of fight in these upcoming two/four games. Play like the second half and I doubt I`ll be back in League One if that charlatan and some of those players are still there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 07:19

Quote:

Socks, Fri 29 Apr 23:27

Allan Preston was certainly savage in his criticism, though I`d generally ignore that as he always seems a bit of a fanny to me too.

I know I`ll get ripped for this but not really fussed. I`m happy to say what I think, even when that`s different to everyone else. I think his criticism was over the top, and don`t think we were quite as bad as he made out. The first half was OK - we were the better team and deserved the lead at half-time and probably should have been 2-0 up as O`Hara`s chance looked like a sitter. The main problem was how we were set up. Right from the start we were in frantic mode, almost what you`d expect with 10 mins to go and chaing an equaliser. We seem to have two modes - frantic and languid - with not much in between. Even when we got a lead, we were still frantic, and it seemed very bizarre to me. A few times we were almost caught by it and it all seemed quite needless.

In the second half we weren`t really being ripped apart, but the combination of losing a terrible equaliser then getting the news that Ayr were 3-0 up just seemed to flatten us completely. With our result pretty much irrelevant, I don`t really blame the manager for taking key players off with Wednesday in mind. That weakened us, but given the wider situation it was fair enough.

No doubt it was a poor night, but I`m prepared to be a little more forgiving than some, given how things were playing out.

It`s rarely a good idea to post soon after a poor performance and result, as most of us will experience a mixture of anger, disappointment and frustration. Socks is one of the few posters who can put his emotions to one side and offer a rational analysis of the game.

I agree we had a decent first half and were worth our half-time lead, but felt QOS started to come into the game in the 15 mins before the interval. The less said about the second half the better. I don`t want to make any excuses for the team, but the only plausible explanation is that the players were told - or found out - the score from Somerset and this affected them negatively. That shouldn`t happen, of course, but it`s understandable. On that performance, QOS are unlucky to be relegated and we are fortunate to have another chance to save ourselves. Let`s grab it.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 07:36

The correct attitude for the players would be to show the 5000+ fans a performance to be proud of after knowing we would be in the playoffs. Performances like the second half have occurred far too often this season and that`s why we are where we are. Why would fans come back if that`s what is served to them? The second half gives me zero faith that we will survive. I really hope we do but these three teams will definitely be up for the challenge. I fear we won`t, especially if he sticks with the same line up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:12

Good shout above about going down the part time route, if even just for a few seasons. I’d assume that would ease the finances significantly whilst not significantly impacting on our chances of getting out the seaside league. Crivvens, here’s me talking like we’re already down, talk about managing my own expectations :)

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:29

I don’t know if I’m just imagining this but as far as I can remember every time the fans have been asked to turn up in numbers or there has been a big crowd the team on the pitch has almost always let them down. I’m fairly certain of this. £20 a pop too. They’ve a hard neck wondering why a lot of folk stay away from EEP now. It’s simply not worth the money if it’s entertainment you’re after. That’s what sport is meant to be after all. I really want to start going back to games but I am struggling to find any reason to do so. Like most “lost” fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:36

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 30 Apr 09:29

I don’t know if I’m just imagining this but as far as I can remember every time the fans have been asked to turn up in numbers or there has been a big crowd the team on the pitch has almost always let them down. I’m fairly certain of this. £20 a pop too. They’ve a hard neck wondering why a lot of folk stay away from EEP now. It’s simply not worth the money if it’s entertainment you’re after. That’s what sport is meant to be after all. I really want to start going back to games but I am struggling to find any reason to do so. Like most “lost” fans.

Totally understand how you feel. I`ve been going "because I`ve always gone" for years. I built my weekend around home and away games until about 5 or 6 years ago. Gave up on away games as I couldn`t justify the cost. Very soon it`s season ticket time and the the thought of giving the club £300 is giving me the boak. I went to Kilmarnock and Thistle in the last few weeks and for what? 2 disgraceful performances. They`re really testing my loyalty after nearly 40 years.

If it wasn`t for the fact I`d lose my seat I`d just pay week to week. Walking the dogs on a Saturday is a far more attractive proposition.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:41

Complete gutless performance. Don’t care if they knew the ayr score or not we should be winning our game and hoping for the best and we couldn’t even do our part right. Zero confidence going into the play offs that this team can even give 100% for us. 5,500 there last night and that’s what’s on offer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:42

I think the advice, above, about waiting a bit before posting, is sound. I was very grumpy last night too, and had little or nothing to add to the genuine anger and disappointment on here post match.
Some 12 hours later, nothing has really happened to assuage my acute sense of let down, but I’ve felt low before because of football. At age 63 I really should realise it’s trivial in the grand scheme of things.
I’m very sceptical of our prospects after last night, the play offs will be so tough and I’d like to feel we were ‘up for it’. I just hope so - strap in guys, it might be a bumpy ride.
To our younger fans, you were brilliant last night, even when we were down. Please keep that support going - it bolsters others like me and I appreciate it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 30 Apr 09:36

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 30 Apr 09:29

Totally understand how you feel. I`ve been going "because I`ve always gone" for years. I built my weekend around home and away games until about 5 or 6 years ago. Gave up on away games as I couldn`t justify the cost. Very soon it`s season ticket time and the the thought of giving the club £300 is giving me the boak. I went to Kilmarnock and Thistle in the last few weeks and for what? 2 disgraceful performances. They`re really testing my loyalty after nearly 40 years.

If it wasn`t for the fact I`d lose my seat I`d just pay week to week. Walking the dogs on a Saturday is a far more attractive proposition.

Totally agree with all this! I gave up on the away games too.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:48

I did go to Killie away and watched Thistle game on ppv though. Those two performances were disgusting.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:52

It used to ruin my weekend if we lost. Sometimes to the point i wouldn`t feel like going out on a Saturday night. In hindsight that was probably just being young and you have more perspective as you get older.

Now it just feels numb, more like apathy. I don`t think it is just down to us being so poor currently but i think not going for so long due to the lockdown and other factors have contributed. Football in general has lost a lot of the appeal it once had.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:54

Just apathetic, I feel really sorry for Reece Cole/Paul Allan that have had to sit behind the likes of Chalmers, Polworth and Dorrans for a place in the team, three of the slowest/laziest midfielders I`ve ever seen. At the very least I think Todd, Edwards and Pybus are giving it all they have every week even if the technical ability isn`t always there.

Good on anyone that is willing to go to Firhill on Wednesday, went to the thistle game along with a terrific support where the staff/players gave a gutless performance against a more than beatable opponent, repeated last night. The board, staff and players deserve to be in the relegation playoffs and it`s up to them to get us out of it. No more asking the fans to turn up please which we`ve done time and again, the team needs to concentrate on their own game and giving absolutely everything in the playoffs.

Queens Park haven`t been anything special in league 1 so there shouldn`t be anything to fear, but I have absolutely lost faith in the management team and several players in their ability to perform game to game. Regardless of the outcome of the playoffs there is something rotten about the football decisions at the club and it needs a complete overhaul for next season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:05

First half was good, second half was diabolical and given the opposition and the big vocal support there is no excuse for it.

We have too many `tidy` (that`s the kindest adjective I can think of) midfielders - why on earth do we need Chalmers, Polworth & Dorrans on the pitch at the same time?

Our set pieces are farcical, and if we could at least defend them, we wouldn`t be in the playoffs.

Ryan Dow and Reece Cole can`t make that midfield (second half at least) any worse but don`t get a look in. Kamwa not given enough time to do anything either.

Too many questions at the moment to have any confidence about the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net