DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tickets.
Topic Originator: Pingfaesaline  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 09:58

Just a quicky,
I take we will have to stump up again to watch next Saturday. Loyal fans
"done" again.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tickets.
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:02

Most likely. Hopefully it will be a tenner.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dunfermlinepar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:10

It would be an absolute disgrace to charge anybody to watch us in a relegation play off. Make it free, encourage as many people to attend the home ties as they can
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:10

The club should be letting you in with your season ticket. It’s time for them to give us something back for having to endure that all season.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:12

They should be begging people to turn up to these games but I fully expect the fans to be fleeced yet again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:19

It should 100% be free entry for season ticket holders for the home playoff game(s). I wasn`t willing to get one this season after the shambles that has been going on at the club for several years, but the fans who have had to endure this team week after week in person should be compensated for their commitment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:38

I wonder if it`s one of those situations where everyone in the playoffs need to agree a pricing structure. I`m sure in some competitions that`s the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 10:49

Does the SFA not get a big chunk out of the crowd money in these playoff games so I don`t think they would allow any discount to admission prices if that is the case, but I may be wrong.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:09

Just saw the article on the Pars site. Full prices. Ouch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:18

£20 for EEP and £15 for Firhill. Reluctantly stumped up for next Saturday. If by some fluke we beat QP, I think I’ll rely on BBC Alba for both legs of the final.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:30

Differentiated pricing would suggest the club chose, have to say I find that approach very strange.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:38

That`s excessive. I`m not a season ticket holder, but season ticket holders should be getting in for free to these games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:41

Nice slap in the face for fans that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:45

£22 for centre South Stand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:46

With those prices and season tickets not valid they will be lucky to see 1000 turn up.
Are they trying to alienate us all?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 11:59

It’s quite obvious that the club are quite willing to take advantage of peoples blind loyalty. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Great way to get people onside.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:02

Sums up the shambles of a club we are

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:07

So the mask has slipped fully eh?

Doey-eyed platitudes on social media fans so important - then this.

Utterly despicable decision.

Full price for a relegation playoff for season ticket holders!? Cost of living crisis thru the country and we’ve suffered that nonsense last night, then you want another £20?! It’s so blind from them.

So Shove it up yer jacksie you contemptuous gits. The very least they could have done is go for £15 same as QP. But no, rip off merchants.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 12:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:23

Regulars on here will know I often play Mr Pragmatic and defend the club, or at least try and look at things from both sides. Very, very disappointed by this though. Is our new CEO in place at the moment?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:46

Quote:

JimDAFC, Sat 30 Apr 10:49

Does the SFA not get a big chunk out of the crowd money in these playoff games so I don`t think they would allow any discount to admission prices if that is the case, but I may be wrong.

I heard that most of the money from playoffs was used to pay parachute payments.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:55

Disgusting! I hope people vote with their feet. I’m certainly now considering not going Saturday. See how the game goes on Wednesday.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:56

link to Queens park

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:59

Quote:

gegganpar, Sat 30 Apr 12:46

Quote:

I heard that most of the money from playoffs was used to pay parachute payments.

That`s for the premiership playoffs, there isn`t a parachute payment for the Championship playoffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:20

no team in the lower league playoffs is including season tickets and i wasnt expecting us to do so either but full prices? if the club chose to do that then that is poor to say the least.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:20

I`ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. I`ve went to all play off matches that we`ve taken part in before.

However, after the season we`ve had and how gutless & spineless that squad of players are, for the club to charge those prices, I won`t be there. They can ram it up their hoop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:28

Seriously thinking I won`t go. Awful pricing structure. The garbage we have been served this season they should be paying us to go. Will not be renewing season tickets either.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:29

Well I`m not going. It`ll be on Alba hopefully. New CEO should be all over tenner tickets for this after all the crap everybody has had to watch this season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:36

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 30 Apr 13:20

I`ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. I`ve went to all play off matches that we`ve taken part in before.

However, after the season we`ve had and how gutless

Exactly this for me too. Though we’ll see if my resolve weakens as Saturday approaches…

This is my signature

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 13:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:39

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sat 30 Apr 12:56

https://tickets.queensparkfc.co.uk/package_link/LZEmOKzmpW/Dunfermline

Good that we are behind the goal rather than in the main stand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dunfermlinepar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 14:50

Vote with your feet. I for one won’t be stumping up another £20 to watch that drivel
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 14:51

Queens Park laying a bus on for Fans next Saturday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 14:53

Sums up our club at the moment

Thanks Ross and the new faceless CEO and Investors.

Total joke no wonder everyone is laughing at us!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 14:59

Full price is poor. And just to confirm, there is no minimum price that must be set and no percentage of gate receipts are to be deducted and paid to the SPFL. That situation only aplies to the play-offs to get into the top division, and is used to fund the extra parachute payment. Rules C29 - C32 cover our games. Contrast this with rule C26 for the other play-off, and how there is no similar rule for our one.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%2001-Apr-22%20(MASTER%20COPY)%20CLEAN.pdf

I don`t think it`s been full price for any of our recent play-off games. Even the Dundee Utd game was £15 for both games, and no, our normal gate price was not £15 that season. I find this one particularly poor after the horrible misjudgement around the games with restricted crowds in December and January, where we decided to exclude fans completely. That one hurt at the time, and still does. An extra game that nobody wanted surely would have been a good chance to give a little back to people, especially those who paid up front for games that they didn`t get to see in person.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:26

Maybe like the majority of supporters they also think we’re rank rotten and won’t progress so making as much as possible on one game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stooie  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:26

I`m a glutton for punishment and want to attend Saturday`s game but may not be able to. Will Pars TV be operating?

Stuart Wardrop
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:30

Well put Socks.

Club have made a right mess of this, yet again. And this from supposed fans of our club/team many of them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:49

Quote:

Par, Sat 30 Apr 14:53

Sums up our club at the moment

Thanks Ross and the new faceless CEO and Investors.

Total joke no wonder everyone is laughing at us!

Exactly Par! They are so out of touch. Horrible marketing as well.

Hopefully they can change the prices. I’m sure they’ve made a mess of pricing before and lowered it. Maybe another fan can remember what game that was?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:53

Quote:

Stooie, Sat 30 Apr 15:26

I`m a glutton for punishment and want to attend Saturday`s game but may not be able to. Will Pars TV be operating?

Yes but only to viewers outside the UK

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:54

I think thats an error.

ParsTV will be on, I see no reason why it will not be streamed to scotland

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 15:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 16:04

Quote:

Grant, Sat 30 Apr 12:59

Quote:

gegganpar, Sat 30 Apr 12:46

Quote:

That`s for the premiership playoffs, there isn`t a parachute payment for the Championship playoffs.

I know there`s no parachute payment for lower leagues but thought all playoffs had to contribute!
Maybe not.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SammyT73  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 17:07

Just woke up after being nightshift following last night`s shambles a saw email with "ticketing prices" for play offs, what an absolute kick in the goolies that is to loyal supporters, so angry
I`m a season ticket holder for me and my kids after the season just endured they want another £96 for the two play off home games (£48 maybe as it may only be 1 game).
It should defo be free entry for ST and reduced greatly for all other seats. I`ve followed the pars man and boy but this is too much, I hope they get a crowd of less than 500 to send a message.
This is nearly on par with Raith Rovers January own goal in signing Goodwillie, showing supporters such disdain is unforgivable.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 17:21

Does the home club set the price ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 18:22

Another PR own goal from the clowns in charge. Is anyone actually surprised?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 18:29

I see Queen’s Park are coughing up the cost of the supporter’s buses on Saturday.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 18:40

I cannot believe this.
How do you get more supporters behind you in times like these?
Reduce the prices, that’s how.

I hope the tinternet at Firhill is jazzed up - I think I’m going to have a lot of readers on Wednesday night. Nae pressure 😂

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 18:41

Maybe we should have waited to see the outcome of the first leg before setting prices for the second leg but maybe that would be leaving things too late. I`m a bit annoyed that ST holders only have until midnight on Monday to reserve their normal seat.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 19:47

“This is nearly on par with Raith Rovers January own goal in signing Goodwillie”.

No it isn’t, not even close.

I agree though that the club have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing for these games (hopefully plural). It is a bit of a stretch to praise fans for their tremendous backing,on the one hand, and to then charge them full whack for additional games. It’s a slap in the face and the board need to look again at the resentment this decision has occasioned !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 20:24

Quote:

parfection, Sat 30 Apr 19:47

“This is nearly on par with Raith Rovers January own goal in signing Goodwillie”.

I agree though that the club have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing for these games (hopefully plural). It is a bit of a stretch to praise fans for their tremendous backing,on the one hand, and to then charge them full whack for additional games. It’s a slap in the face and the board need to look again at the resentment this decision has occasioned !

The board really clearly do not care, apart from the dismal football there have been repeat breakdowns in the relationship with the fans which if it were any other industry would result in promises to do better, increased engagement and even (heaven forbid) a step added to every decision process to ask ‘is this the right thing to do’.

Instead they appear embattled and entrenched and seem to have lost sight of the fact that football is just another part of the entertainment industry and they have a responsibility to make the product attractive, priced suitably and an experience to be enjoyed.

It’s the classic blazers approach that has blighted Scottish football since it began.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parca_Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 20:31

Quote:

brian, Sat 30 Apr 15:54

I think thats an error.

If pars tv is able to show the return leg in Scotland, the price should be set to at least £20. Shouldn’t be any cheaper than the cost to go to the game
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 20:41

The board absolutely will care, I`m convinced of that. Whether they`re good enough is another matter. So much admiration for people who give up time to run anything in the community but it doesn`t make you immune to respectful criticism.

Time and time again they`ve let themselves down on marketing and PR.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:00

Quote:

Parca_Par, Sat 30 Apr 20:31

Quote:

I think thats an error.

If pars tv is able to show the return leg in Scotland, the price should be set to at least £20. Shouldn’t be any cheaper than the cost to go to the game

Correct. Season ticket holders have been shafted for a few seasons now. The debacle at refusing Christmas/new year time with not bothering when other clubs did. When we were supposed to get the falkirk league cup tie included but couldn’t as it was on premier sport, they should have given the st johnstone game free instead in replace of it, but no. We get screwed, and after suffering watching this rubbish, everyone this time (not just season ticket holder) are getting screwed. Pars tv should be £20 too. If it’s cheaper I’ll probably just watch it on that and hope others do to so it’s a pathetic crowd. The board need to learn. Don’t screw the loyal fanbase!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:02

Quote:

gthyde, Sat 30 Apr 21:00

Quote:

Parca_Par, Sat 30 Apr 20:31

Quote:

I think thats an error.

Correct. Season ticket holders have been shafted for a few seasons now. The debacle at refusing Christmas/new year time with not bothering when other clubs did. When we were supposed to get the falkirk league cup tie included but couldn’t as it was on premier sport, they should have given the st johnstone game free instead in replace of it, but no. We get screwed, and after suffering watching this rubbish, everyone this time (not just season ticket holder) are getting screwed. Pars tv should be £20 too. If it’s cheaper I’ll probably just watch it on that and hope others do to so it’s a pathetic crowd. The board need to learn. Don’t screw the loyal fanbase!!!!!

100% this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:07

Terrible decision. I really can’t believe that successful business men have seen fit to charge full prices for hugely important sets of games

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 21:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:14

Quote:

parfection, Sat 30 Apr 19:47

Although there was a media backlash to the Goodwillie signing the vast majority of Raith Rovers fans didn`t actually care less whereas this ticketing pricing is a total slap in the face to ALL pars supporters leaving them disillusioned as to whether the board actually give a damn about them therefore it is most definitely on par.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:20

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 30 Apr 21:07

Terrible decision. I really can’t believe that successful business men have seen fit to charge full prices for hugely important sets of games

It`s difficult to argue against that, Raymie, or all the other posters who have registered their anger and dismay. I don`t know whether this was a Board decision or down to a single individual, but I hope it is reconsidered given the universal condemnation it has aroused among our loyal fan base.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:25

Just shows the fans are an after thought. We have a large loyal fanbase but the BoD should not take it for granted. This along with many other bad decisions make me wonder if our BoD, CEO and investors are fit for the job. I fear for our club if this poor decision making continues.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 21:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 30 Apr 21:20

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 30 Apr 21:07

It`s difficult to argue against that, Raymie, or all the other posters who have registered their anger and dismay. I don`t know whether this was a Board decision or down to a single individual, but I hope it is reconsidered given the universal condemnation it has aroused among our loyal fan base.

Unfortunately, I can`t see it being reversed seeing as the tickets are already on sale, GG.

An absolutely shambolic decision but that`s been the trend of our season. Just another thing to add to the list of myself feeling so disconnected with the club like never before. I sit in the main stand. No way am I paying £22 to watch that lot, on top of what I`ve already given them this season for what I`ve had in return.

I`m not happy with myself that it`s come to this and I`ve decided not to attend a home match after years of never missing one. I`m so pissed off with the whole club at the moment it makes me want to spew up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:37

I thought Raymie`s post was ironic but maybe not!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:49

Not often you see a football topic with such universal agreement.

If this is a decision of the new man then he`s off to a bad start.

I`m not surprised at these games not being covered by season tickets but they are games not budgeted for so financially are a bonus. Pricing should reflect this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:53

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 30 Apr 21:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 30 Apr 21:20[

Unfortunately, I can`t see it being reversed seeing as the tickets are already on sale, GG.

An absolutely shambolic decision but that`s been the trend of our season. Just another thing to add to the list of myself feeling so disconnected with the club like never before. I sit in the main stand. No way am I paying £22 to watch that lot, on top of what I`ve already given them this season for what I`ve had in return.

I`m not happy with myself that it`s come to this and I`ve decided not to attend a home match after years of never missing one. I`m so pissed off with the whole club at the moment it makes me want to spew up.

I wouldn`t imagine they`re even into double figures at this stage, Kessel and it wouldn`t be too onerous a task to refund any discount. I`m sure nobody would have batted an eyelid had we been in the promotion play offs after a good season.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 21:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:55

Think we might not even get anywhere near the crowd we had last night for next weeks game. Surely if we make the final they should reduce prices since they’ve get again made another **** up. Baffles me how much people give our BOD an easy ride, it’s literally one mistake to another

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:58

The fans are not an afterthought. We are the main source of the club`s revenue. Running the club and playing these games carry costs.
For this reason it`s unrealistic to give season ticket holders free entry to even the first home tie.
However, this is a decision that is nothing short of exploiting the fans for as much as possible because of the financial issues that this shambles of a season will have cost the club.
It`s not only short sighted with season ticket renewal time just around the corner. It`s just bad business because the total nett takings from the first home game will be lower than they would have been if they had set them at, say, £15 and a couple of quid cheaper for season ticket holders to recognise their ongoing support. Every business rewards customer loyalty these days. It`s just common sense. This is the complete opposite of that. Well done lads.
Contrary to what others have said I actually hope they set the ppv price at the usual £12. After all, if the rationale for setting the ticket price at £20 is that this is the usual walk up price, how could they justify more than £12 for ppv?
So we can wait on Wednesday`s result. If it or the performance are pants then stay in the house and pay £12 on Saturday rather than pay full price. And see how horrifically low the attendance is. Or just don`t bother at all.
Like I said, well done lads.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:59

They don`t get an easy time on here!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:08

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 30 Apr 21:59

Eck, I`m one who normally gives my support because I can understand how difficult a job it must be.
In terms of the footballing decisions the board makes, they never get credit for things going well but get slaughtered by everyone who has the benefit of hindsight if they don`t go well.
But this is just a blatantly bad call and with his background, the new man should know better.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:09

On COWS the stream is confirmed at £12

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:24

Quote:

It’s an even bigger own goal than Chalmers’

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:39

Quote:

JTH123, Sat 30 Apr 21:58

The fans are not an afterthought. We are the main source of the club`s revenue. Running the club and playing these games carry costs.
For this reason it`s unrealistic to give season ticket holders free entry to even the first home tie.
However, this is a decision that is nothing short of exploiting the fans for as much as possible because of the financial issues that this shambles of a season will have cost the club.
It`s not only short sighted with season ticket renewal time just around the corner. It`s just bad business because the total nett takings from the first home game will be lower than they would have been if they had set them at, say, £15 and a couple of quid cheaper for season ticket holders to recognise their ongoing support. Every business rewards customer loyalty these days. It`s just common sense. This is the complete opposite of that. Well done lads.
Contrary to what others have said I actually hope they set the ppv price at the usual £12. After all, if the rationale for setting the ticket price at £20 is that this is the usual walk up price, how could they justify more than £12 for ppv?
So we can wait on Wednesday`s result. If it or the performance are pants then stay in the house and pay £12 on Saturday rather than pay full price. And see how horrifically low the attendance is. Or just don`t bother at all.
Like I said, well done lads.

If it’s a bad result on Wednesday then the club and pars tv for that matter will get nothing from me forked out enough money this season to go to games only to have the team not turn up so sorry but no if we get beat on Wednesday then I’ll find something else to do on Saturday

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:58

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 30 Apr 21:53

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 30 Apr 21:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 30 Apr 21:20[

I wouldn`t imagine they`re even into double figures at this stage, Kessel and it wouldn`t be too onerous a task to refund any discount. I`m sure nobody would have batted an eyelid had we been in the promotion play offs after a good season.

You`re probably right with the double figures comment and, therefore, refund situation.

Similar with the promotion/good season one too. Unfortunately we`re the complete opposite. I could handle it if we were just utterly honking but burst a gut whilst getting beat every week. With this lot though I see no character, spirit, guts or determination at all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 23:04

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Apr 22:09

On COWS the stream is confirmed at £12

But also says pars tv is available for supporters ‘outside the uk’. Presumably means you can’t stream it in the uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 23:26

Parcel par you can with a VPN.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 23:27

VPN, What`s a VPN 😱🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 00:22

Quote:

GG4, Sat 30 Apr 23:26

Parcel par you can with a VPN.

Heard nord vpn is one of the best

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 00:27

it`s a farce,

whyvdoes Scottish Football support countries oustide the UK.
somebody needs to waken up

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 01:03

Get a Firestick, and a VPN, and get almost any match you want. The way forward.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sun 1 May 08:29

Here in Turkey I use Turbo VPN which is free, download from Google Play and then select United Kingdom from menu. I watch all Scottish Football for free.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:05

Quote:

The full price decision is a self inflicted wound.

Maybe somebody in the corridors of power at EEP could offer an explanation to defend as to how/why these were arrived at ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:42

The first responsibility of any board of directors is to protect the financial position of their company, something few on here seem to acknowledge. I don`t think any posts have considered the financial implications of lowering the prices. I`m pretty sure the board will have though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:45

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 1 May 09:42

The first responsibility of any board of directors is to protect the financial position of their company, something few on here seem to acknowledge. I don`t think any posts have considered the financial implications of lowering the prices. I`m pretty sure the board will have though.

I don’t think the board have considered the impact of making it full price…

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:47

Are you a member of this board wee eck?

You had the same stunning inability to either not read the room, or not care.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:50

Who would be best to email at the club to put over discontent with this decision? I don`t want to email the club shop as it isn`t their decision. Would it be the SLO?

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:56

Quote:

The first responsibility might be fine but that means there are more responsibilities. With this lot though it seems like that is their only responsibility. Anyone who is happy to believe/go along with that party line is a mug.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:57

Some folk have the `stunning inability` to consider all the facts before coming to an opinion on something. It happens all the time on here.

`It`s the fans` opinion so it must be right.`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:58

Would happily pay £20 if it was the promotion playoffs, as we`re going into that process due to success on the field and there`s a bigger prize up for grabs.

Not so keen to pay and addition £20 (potentially twice) due to the teams failure on the pitch.
Not sure what the forecast drop in revenue will be if we get relegated and spend at least one season in league 1, but if it`s a lot and there`s any belief that fans giving their support from the stands makes a difference, then they should make the game cost neutral as possible (ideally make seasons tickets valid and everyone else in for a nominal amount if not free)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:04

I don`t know what all the facts are that have made the board make this decision as I`m not party to their discussions. Others on here must be though considering were talking about facts.

One fact is that the board took the decision to drop the ticket price to a fiver for our game against Morton because that was a `crunch game`. Going by that fact they obviously don`t see the game this Saturday as a big deal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:05

`Who would be best to email at the club to put over discontent with this decision? I don`t want to email the club shop as it isn`t their decision. Would it be the SLO?`

Yes; I think this is what happened re the decision to restrict the number of fans attending the home game against Hamilton in January.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:17

Even ignoring the ridiculous decision regarding prices (we charged less when we were in the promotion playoffs), I’m unsure about the decisions made for playoff tickets.

Queens Park have moved away fans (usually in the same stand as home fans) so that they are behind the goal and can probably have less influence. There are games this season we have opened the East Stand. Why haven’t we decided to put the away fans in a back corner there, rather than the NE stand where they can be closer to the action? Things like that are very common in football, to get every advantage you can. I remember Hibs doing it to Rangers in playoff games. There’s been a big deal about old firm games and the smaller away allocations, all designed to maximise home advantage.

We should have reduced prices and opened the whole north stand for home fans. The NW has been selling out recently and reducing prices, to open the whole stand for home fans could have been fantastic for the team.

Instead, the board decided to follow Joe Chalmers’ lead and score an own goal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:31

`One fact is that the board took the decision to drop the ticket price to a fiver for our game against Morton because that was a `crunch game`. Going by that fact they obviously don`t see the game this Saturday as a big deal.`

Wasn`t the Morton game a Friday night game which was live on BBC Scotland?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:36

Quote:

I don`t think any posts have considered the financial implications of lowering the prices.

Eck, you haven`t read my post of last night which addresses exactly that point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:40

"The first responsibility of any board of directors is to protect the financial position of their company, something few on here seem to acknowledge. I don`t think any posts have considered the financial implications of lowering the prices. I`m pretty sure the board will have though."

Two points:

1. These are additional games that wouldn`t have been in their budgets as far as ticket sales would go. The fact that season tickets don`t count will mean that any price would be additional income. We`ve routinely charged £12, £15 etc for games not on the season ticket like cup games, and only charged £15 in the promotion play off tie v Dundee Utd. And

2. I`m sure the financial implications of relegation far outweigh any small financial hit charging £15 over £20 would be (if there even would be one).

Both these points ignore that fact that families also have financial responsibility too and with the current cost of living crisis and fuel bill increases this will be a step too far for many.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:07

JTH123, apologies for overlooking your post last night. You are the exception that proves the rule! Kelty par makes some good points too. There are of course additional costs associated with staging extra games and I suspect the club was budgeting for more prize money than we`ll get for finishing 9th in the league.

Like everyone else I don`t know all the facts which were considered in making the decision but I don`t think it would be as straightforward as many are suggesting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:56

Has anyone been able to buy an adult and concession season ticket seat for Saturday. Just goes round in circles and says chosen seats cannot be fully booked. Midnight tomorrow to book your seat but the club shop not open until Tuesday. Other clubs have a far better ticketing system than ours and this is without even getting into the debate about the price!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:00

According to a statement made at a fairly recent (last 3 years) supporters` meeting at East End, the cost of stewarding is about £1 per person, and at another the cost of opening the NW was stated to be `a good few hundred pounds`.

These two statements are consistent, so even for a bg crowd and adding some margin, it can reasonably be estimated as something like £5k. Maybe a bit more for electricity and there are probably some costs I haven`t considered, but in total it probably won`t exceed £10k. If you wish, double that to £20k to be sure of covering everything releated to staging the game its self. Other things like staff for bars / hospitality should not be included, because these costs should be covered by those paying for those specific services. I don`t think you need to have worked in accounting to reasonably conclude that it is not necessary to charge full price to cover the cost of this game or games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:33

Quote:

Socks, Sun 1 May 13:00

According to a statement made at a fairly recent (last 3 years) supporters` meeting at East End, the cost of stewarding is about £1 per person, and at another the cost of opening the NW was stated to be `a good few hundred pounds`.

These two statements are consistent, so even for a bg crowd and adding some margin, it can reasonably be estimated as something like £5k. Maybe a bit more for electricity and there are probably some costs I haven`t considered, but in total it probably won`t exceed £10k. If you wish, double that to £20k to be sure of covering everything releated to staging the game its self. Other things like staff for bars / hospitality should not be included, because these costs should be covered by those paying for those specific services. I don`t think you need to have worked in accounting to reasonably conclude that it is not necessary to charge full price to cover the cost of this game or games.

The board know the diehard 3k fans will pay any amount to go to the game, easy money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:39

"The first responsibility of any board of directors is to protect the financial position of their company, something few on here seem to acknowledge. I don`t think any posts have considered the financial implications of lowering the prices. I`m pretty sure the board will have though."

As Socks says, there is no need to charge FULL price in order for the club to wash it`s face over the operational costs of one additional home match.

If it is the case - then the financial situation at EEP is even more fragile than we know.

Setting a more reasonable ticket price might actually encourage a better turn out and a bigger support at a critical time - the opposite of what the proposed costs will achieve.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:39

nick_dafc1 wrote:

>
Quote:

Socks, Sun 1 May 13:00
>
> According to a statement made at a fairly recent (last 3 years)
> supporters` meeting at East End, the cost of stewarding is
> about £1 per person, and at another the cost of opening the NW
> was stated to be `a good few hundred pounds`.
>
> These two statements are consistent, so even for a bg crowd and
> adding some margin, it can reasonably be estimated as something
> like £5k. Maybe a bit more for electricity and there are
> probably some costs I haven`t considered, but in total it
> probably won`t exceed £10k. If you wish, double that to £20k
> to be sure of covering everything releated to staging the game
> its self. Other things like staff for bars / hospitality should
> not be included, because these costs should be covered by those
> paying for those specific services. I don`t think you need to
> have worked in accounting to reasonably conclude that it is not
> necessary to charge full price to cover the cost of this game
> or games.

>
> The board know the diehard 3k fans will pay any amount to go to
> the game, easy money.

That`s what they will have weighed up, and come the summer they will tell you how important you are when it comes to buying season tickets but treat you with such contempt for the play-offs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:42

We`re just a £ signs to the club. Nothing more. The sad thing is, if we`re still in with a chance come Saturday I think we`ll still get a good turn out due to the passion of many of our fans. Right now, I`ve got no intention of going as I feel that as a season ticket holder I am royally shafted each year but my love of the club always ends up dragging me to the games regardless!

The board are a disgrace. It`s their fault we are where we are this season and they should be looking to get the fans onside rather than alienating them further.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 13:56

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 1 May 10:40

Two points:

1. These are additional games that wouldn`t have been in their budgets as far as ticket sales would go. The fact that season tickets don`t count will mean that any price would be additional income. We`ve routinely charged £12, £15 etc for games not on the season ticket like cup games, and only charged £15 in the promotion play off tie v Dundee Utd. And

2. I`m sure the financial implications of relegation far outweigh any small financial hit charging £15 over £20 would be (if there even would be one).

Both these points ignore that fact that families also have financial responsibility too and with the current cost of living crisis and fuel bill increases this will be a step too far for many.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Socks’ post is valid. Calculate the costs and then price to ensure a break even figure

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 1 May 14:04

If we can scrape past Queens Park, I`d hope they`d see sense and make the price of the Airdrie game a bit more palatable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 14:11

`The sad thing is, if we`re still in with a chance come Saturday I think we`ll still get a good turn out due to the passion of many of our fans.`

What`s `sad` about that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 1 May 14:20

As wee eck correctly says, as fans we are not privy to all the financial facts involved in running a football club, and nor are we privy to the decision-making process that led to the admission prices being charged for next Saturday.

But in the absence of such information or explanation from the club, it seems to me an extraordinary decision to set the prices so high for a play-off game that results from a season`s failure on the park by the board, management and players of the club. Football fans are remarkably resilient in continuing to support a team that continually loses matches, but their goodwill cannot be taken for granted, and once lost it is almost impossible to regain.

I hope that over the weekend those responsible will reconsider the decision, and if that is not possible then they should put MUCH lower prices in place for the final if we get that far. The stakes are enormously high.

Personally I won`t be at EEP next Saturday as I`ll be watching Barrow v Northampton (£15 for a centre stand seat ...)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970

Post Edited (Sun 01 May 14:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sun 1 May 14:42

we one the cup in 68 - I had trouble with exactly the same thing. Ended up having to purchase the 2 tickets separately.

Our ticketing site really needs an overhaul - I`ve never had any trouble with any of our away games.

Ideally we could just go back to pay at the gate - so much simpler.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 14:49

`What`s `sad` about that?`

What I mean is the club know they`ll get numbers regardless of what they charge, hence why they won`t make the price more appealing - even to season ticket holders. That`s the sad thing - they don`t reward fans. Thought that was pretty obvious?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:07

I`m moving back upto Dunfermline for the first time in nearly a decade and I was considering buying a season ticket, but quite frankly the disdain that the club holds for the fans, and season ticket holders has put me right off.

Wonder if there`ll be a supporters meeting anytime soon?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:14

I doubt they’ll have a supporters meeting now. Board go into hiding when the fans are frustrated, they time these events deliberately for when they have a positive story to sell, see the last one waiting until they had sacked grant and basically spun it into a meet the manager night.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:27

Modern-day football fans are a bunch of wimps. They complain if the team doesn`t come and applaud them after away games, now they expect to be rewarded for showing loyalty to the club. I don`t get it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:30

Wasn’t so long ago that the club done come in for a fiver where so called fans came along for 1 game ? So what about all the loyal season ticket holders that got nothing. How about season ticket holder’s get in for £5 this time round

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 01 May 15:27

Modern-day football fans are a bunch of wimps. They complain if the team doesn`t come and applaud them after away games, now they expect to be rewarded for showing loyalty to the club. I don`t get it.

So we should all just zip it and not complain about being ripped off yet again by the club? it’s mibby escaped your notice but it’s got to the point where we are only important to the board when they want something

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:47

Poor fishing attempt there eck.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJA  
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:01

Trying to purchase a concession ticket for Saturday, the website only shows full price tickets, no problem getting a ticket for Wednesday on the Queens Park site, DAFC seems as poorly organised behind the scenes as they are on the pitch!😡

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:06

Quote:

back oh the net, Sun 1 May 15:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 01 May 15:27

So we should all just zip it and not complain about being ripped off yet again by the club? it’s mibby escaped your notice but it’s got to the point where we are only important to the board when they want something

Can always rely on wee eck to defend the club at every opportunity and criticise the fans for any dissent. If it was £100 a ticket he`d still be saying it was a fair price and there are reasons for it that we`re not privy to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:22

Where have I said it`s a fair price? I`ve only said we don`t know the full facts but lots of folk on here aren`t interested in facts. The way folk go on you`d think the money was going straight to the directors rather than making sure the club remains financially viable. It`s the usual lynch mob mentality on here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:25

The prices are high but I fail to see how it`s a rip-off? No-one is forced to go.

My main issue is with the club choosing not to allow any fans into the game in January. I've got a season ticket and they chose not to allow any of us in. The game next Saturday would've been the ideal opportunity to re-pay me and others with at the very least reduced prices.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 01 May 16:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alecm  
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:34

The football product currently on offer isn`t worth the price. So with regret will give the game v Queens Park a miss. If ( and it`s a big if ) the team get through to final play-off I`ll probably attend based only on over 60 years affinity.

A.M.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 1 May 17:15

I have tickets for the Wednesday night game however like most on here am not surprised at pricing for Saturdays game, which at the moment I am 50/50 on attending.
The attitude from the club seems to be we know loyal fans will turn up anyway! The lock out of season ticket holder’s in January because it was a bit of hassle still has we annoyed. Which seems to be a self destructive attitude, the midweek £5 game had the best atmosphere of the season!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 17:36

Quote:

we won the cup in 68, Sun 1 May 11:56

Has anyone been able to buy an adult and concession season ticket seat for Saturday. Just goes round in circles and says chosen seats cannot be fully booked. Midnight tomorrow to book your seat but the club shop not open until Tuesday. Other clubs have a far better ticketing system than ours and this is without even getting into the debate about the price!

Yeah, you can only book one season ticket holder’s seat per transaction. You can’t buy for family/household members at the same time. Had to pay in 6 transactions for the 6 tickets I was in charge of buying! Terrible system.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 1 May 18:32

On the bright side you can get hospitality for only £45, I think it’s usually £60 so least someone’s getting reduced pricing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 18:35

Quote:

DJA, Sun 01 May 16:01

Trying to purchase a concession ticket for Saturday, the website only shows full price tickets, no problem getting a ticket for Wednesday on the Queens Park site, DAFC seems as poorly organised behind the scenes as they are on the pitch!😡

If you are using your phone you may need to flip the phone sideways to get the full menu up I had the same issue as you a few weeks ago until I tried that

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 19:13

In byegone days when a lower tier club drew a higher division side in the Scottish Cup the former could raise gate prices to that of the visitors.

I wonder if Queens Park had that option but decided to stay with their regular prices at Firhill ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 20:17

“On the bright side you can get hospitality for only £45, I think it’s usually £60 so least someone’s getting reduced pricing”

Is that true? If so then for me that’s adding petrol right onto the fire.

Can anyone confirm? I’m just a pleb that’s never done hospitality 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 20:41

Details of the hospitality offer are on COWS. Maybe it`s partly designed to tempt those who haven`t experienced it before.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:06

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 1 May 20:41

Details of the hospitality offer are on COWS. Maybe it`s partly designed to tempt those who haven`t experienced it before.

I couldn`t work out if it included a match ticket?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:07

wee eck wrote:

> Details of the hospitality offer are on COWS. Maybe it`s partly
> designed to tempt those who haven`t experienced it before.
>
>

The details don’t disclose whether or not this is a reduction compared to normal.

What would be a real contemptuous move, would be if the club are reducing hospitality pricing but not main ticket pricing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:11

I recall reading normally £60?
It does include a ticket

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:13

If that’s right Raymie, then that’s an absolute disgrace..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:17

Only a 2 course meal instead of the usual 3 course meal on offer

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:18

This could have been an ideal opportunity to thank the season ticket buyers by giving us a wee discount .
We paid in full ,( or should that be fool ) before the season started , so missed out on any discount matches .
Instead they offer the better heeled fans a discount on hospitality .
Talk about feeling disconnected from the club !
Afraid that with all my other bills going through the roof , next seasons ticket won`t be very high on my priority list .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:50

Quote:

I think thats an error.

Will ParsTV be on on Wednesday?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sun 1 May 22:47

Suck it up and see all my usual Pars loyal fans at the games #coyp

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stooie  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:07

Can we access Queens Park PPV for the Firhill game?

Stuart Wardrop
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:16

Stuck with this Board inspired crap all season , not stopping now Firhill bound .COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:31

Airdrie reduce ticket prices to £12 and £5 for playoff game v Montrose

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:44

Montrose v Airdrie - £15
Queens Park v Dunfermline - £15
Airdrie v Montrose - £12
Dunfermline v Queens Park - £20

Anyone claiming that this pricing isn’t an own goal by our board/a massive middle finger being held up to the Pars fans is deluded.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:58

par-91 wrote:

> Montrose v Airdrie - £15
> Queens Park v Dunfermline - £15
> Airdrie v Montrose - £12
> Dunfermline v Queens Park - £20
>
> Anyone claiming that this pricing isn’t an own goal by our
> board/a massive middle finger being held up to the Pars fans is
> deluded.

Correct. Add this to the list of “up yours” to the fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:04

What prices do Airdrie, QP and Montrose usually charge for a league game? As they are in League 1 it`s unlikely to be £20.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:12

wee eck wrote:

> What prices do Airdrie, QP and Montrose usually charge for a
> league game? As they are in League 1 it`s unlikely to be £20.
>
>

Well for example Airdrie charge more than £12 normally for their games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:19

Quote:

theparsman1885, Mon 2 May 10:12

wee eck wrote:

>

Montrose don’t charge more than £15 though so not just DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:22

I think it would have been a better plan to reduce the prices and help fill EEP with this being an important game. Maybe it is hoped we put this return game out of site, which to me would be foolhardy the way we have been playing off late. Come on PARS have a wee rethink. The difference that a fiver could perhaps make to a younger married fan with a family and all fans is a lot of money if you are on a tight budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:25

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 2 May 10:04

What prices do Airdrie, QP and Montrose usually charge for a league game? As they are in League 1 it`s unlikely to be £20.

Airdrie usual PATG price is £18 for an adult so a fairly decent reduction in prices by them.

Montrose appears to be £15 and can`t find anything on Queens Park.

They`re all in promotion playoffs though, so if any of them are charging their normal price, they`re unlikely to get much resistance on the back of a good season for their respective clubs, whereas we`re being fleeced for full price after a shocker of a season with one disaster after the next.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:31

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 2 May 10:04

Queens Park usually £18. Montrose look to usually charge £15. Regardless, I’m not sure “we usually charge £20” quite justifies charging 33% and 67% more than every other team in these playoffs.

Edit to add: we charged £15 for the Premiership playoffs 4 years ago, despite league matches being £20.

Post Edited (Mon 02 May 10:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:32

Total silence from the club and they won’t budge on the prices. Poor show from all involved and considering how dire a season it’s been, £10/15 for an adult would’ve been more than enough and especially since all the club like to bang on about is wanting the fans to turn out, then stop treating fans like fools and play their part to help folk get along

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:34

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Mon 2 May 10:19

Quote:

theparsman1885, Mon 2 May 10:12

wee eck wrote:

>

Montrose don’t charge more than £15 though so not just DAFC

The League 1 teams are fighting for promotion after a good season so they can rightly charge full price, we`re trying to avoid relegation after being dismal all season, THAT`s the difference

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:15

It’s ok tho, you can get discounted hospitality!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:16

Tried buying our tickets online. Put mine in which was fine. Went back in to add 1 of my sons and was met with a message saying it was being held. System is ****. I`ll just wait now and see what happens Wednesday. Might save me £40

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:37

Quote:

theparsman1885, Mon 02 May 11:15

I’m pretty sure hospitality was £45 for season ticket holders and £65 for non season ticket holders all season so no reduction as I see.

Post Edited (Mon 02 May 11:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:41

If I want to take my two lads to the game it`s £48 for the 3 of us. Anyone thinking this is appropriate pricing for a life or death game after a terrible season is smoking crack.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:53

Prices are terrible, comms from club are absolutely w*nk. I`ll see how we fair on Wednesday before buying a ticket for next weekend, never in my life did I think i`d be considering not going to such a big game but we absolutely honk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:11

Quote:

DJAS, Mon 2 May 11:16

Tried buying our tickets online. Put mine in which was fine. Went back in to add 1 of my sons and was met with a message saying it was being held. System is ****. I`ll just wait now and see what happens Wednesday. Might save me £40

Same happened with me. Had to buy mine and my dad`s separately!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:12

Bought Scotland Nations league tickets. Me and 2 sons was £35.

Same lot to this game is £40, and it looks like someone has nabbed my season ticket seats. Pass.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:15

I had the same message initially but i went in later and got my usual seat but i have to say this ticketing system is awful
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:38

Topic Originator: Parfect69 like
Date: Mon 2 May 11:37

Quote:

I’m pretty sure hospitality was £45 for season ticket holders and £65 for non season ticket holders all season so no reduction as I see.

But you can get it for £45 now without season ticket so it is a reduction.

And as for season tickets holder system, you aren’t even guaranteed your own seat if someone else has taken it!!

What a right royal muck up they have made of this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:40

Quote:

theparsman1885, Mon 02 May 12:38

Topic Originator: Parfect69 like
Date: Mon 2 May 11:37

Quote:

But you can get it for £45 now without season ticket so it is a reduction.

And as for season tickets holder system, you aren’t even guaranteed your own seat if someone else has taken it!!

What a right royal muck up they have made of this.

Agreed. Could have been handled a lot better
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:56

I got my ST seat OK this morning. It looked like the guys around me had already booked theirs. I had to enter a 13-digit code from my ST to get in so I don`t understand how seats could be allocated to the wrong person?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 13:16

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 2 May 12:56

I got my ST seat OK this morning. It looked like the guys around me had already booked theirs. I had to enter a 13-digit code from my ST to get in so I don`t understand how seats could be allocated to the wrong person?

All season ticket holder seats are blocked off, other than the one you enter the barcode for. It doesn’t mean they’ve been sold. The issue isn’t that they have been allocated to the wrong person. The issue is, you can only buy one ST seat per transaction. A parent that has a season ticket themselves and 2 children with season tickets would have to buy those 3 tickets in 3 separate transactions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 13:25

Thanks for that, par-91. Theparsman1885 was suggesting ST holders might not get their seats if someone else had taken them. How can that happen?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 13:40

wee eck wrote:

> Thanks for that, par-91. Theparsman1885 was suggesting ST
> holders might not get their seats if someone else had taken
> them. How can that happen?
>
>

There are posts on here and on social media where this is indeed the case. When I bought my ticket I could indeed have taken another seat belonging to another season ticket holder. Just select the seat and in you go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:06

Ticket prices now reduced on COWS for Saturdays game , £15 adult £10 concessions and £5 under 12’s

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:13

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Updated_Pricing_for_Queens_Park&ID=13759

Thankfully this is a bit more sensible, though the comment about full price being consistent with previous play-off campaigns is simply incorrect. The main thing, however, is that they`ve reduced prices to something a bit more sensible, which I`m pleased to see. And it`s a good thinig that a decision which was obviously wrong has been changed fairly quickly.

It definitely is possible to select a seat different from your season ticket seat, and it would be easily done if you do it quickly. Hopefully something that can be updated in teh the ticketing system at some point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:22

Sensible decision in the end, but I have no idea why the club has lied to us with that reasoning. In our last playoff campaign, 4 years ago, they reduced pricing to £15. So the full price decision was not ‘consistent with previous play off campaigns’
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:23

Well done to the club for listening to the supporters.

There needs to be a bit more communication before decisions like this and others with supporters how about a rep from the supporters club appointed as a liaison or something along these lines.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:38

Well done to the club, that’s the best solution they could have come up with.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:42

It`s a small gesture but it`s noted and appreciated

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:53

Decent from the club but still couldn`t get it right. They say that they are matching the pricing at Firhill, yet it`s £5 for under 15`s there not under 12`s.
Does anyone know if there is anyone in the ticket office today to answer calls?

The flame still burns

Post Edited (Mon 02 May 14:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:57

Good decision. At least the club is listening to the supporters.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 14:58

Correct decision.

There really was no need for the stuff about being in line with previous pricing. Just admit you got it wrong and move on. Including an excuse that doesn`t stand up does nothing to change anyone`s opinion that those making these decisions are completely out of touch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Mon 2 May 15:26

Just tried to book my seat online. It has apparently been taken by someone else and I am then thrown out of the site.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 15:27

So what happens if you`ve already bought your ticket prior to that?

Edit - wrong quote...

Post Edited (Mon 02 May 15:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 15:29

They should have just admitted they got it wrong. They can’t even seem to do that.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:16

Such lies.

When we last played in the playoffs and fans were able to attend, an adult cost 15 pound.

Source - Click here

That was despite our ticket prices being £18 for that season.

Source - Click here

As you can see, the prices were reduced for the playoff!

This board think the fans are mugs/idiots.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:33

I’m beginning to think that we use Rangers PR on a retainer basis. The only difference is whilst Rangers’ petty outpourings just attract ridicule from the rest of Scottish football, DAFC goes out of its way to attract ridicule from its own fan base.
No one was expecting them to admit that ticket sales were very poor, but just stop after saying that they were going to charge the same as QP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:48

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:50

Right decision, probably enough to swing me back round to going.

They still owe ST holders one for the Arbroath game though and, from me at least, it`s going to cost them more than they`ll save by not honouring that agreement or doing anything to make it right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:55

Fan power. 💪  😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 2 May 17:31

THANK YOU DAFC, this could also ensure we get a bit more away fans attending. Like ourselves, when we travel to away games, we have our bus/petrol to pay and perhaps a snack depending on how long we are away for.
Come on folks, let`s get EEP bouncing.

*****COME ON YE PARS.******************

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 17:57

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 2 May 16:55

Fan power. 💪  😃

Yep. It`s a shame it had to come to that but fair play. They could have toughed it out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 18:41

I emailed the club to raise the point that there is still a difference in the concessions.
£5 for under 15`s at Firhill, it`s under 12`s at East end.
Funnily enough, I never got a reply 🤷‍♂️

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Mon 2 May 18:51

What original thinking charging what Queens Park are charging. How about giving season ticket holders the game back that they were locked out of and getting a great atmosphere in the ground. Small cost compared to relegation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 19:51

Topic Originator: steaua like
Date: Mon 2 May 17:31

THANK YOU DAFC, this could also ensure we get a bit more away fans attending. Like ourselves, when we travel to away games, we have our bus/petrol to pay and perhaps a snack depending on how long we are away for.
Come on folks, let`s get EEP bouncing.

*****COME ON YE PARS.******************

Exactly Steaua

Nice to see QP looking after their fans and as a reward are making the supporters bus free. Good to see the clubs that look after and appreciate their own fans.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/dunfermline-athletic-supporters-bus/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 22:34

£10 would have been plenty

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 23:29

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 2 May 22:34

£10 would have been plenty

Click here

Which is how much we charged for the playoff games in 2013.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Thu 5 May 17:43

Just checked ticket website and very poor take up,could change but seems fans are showing their disgust at this season in general.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 19:04

Quote:

Ianoappar, Thu 05 May 17:43

Just checked ticket website and very poor take up,could change but seems fans are showing their disgust at this season in general.

Doesn’t help with the pricing in place for pars tv for this match. Makes it easy for family/friends to save money. Someone just buys the stream and everyone heads round to their house to watch it. In my opinion, the price of the stream should have been equal to the price of an adult ticket to help encourage more fans along to eep for such an important game.

BTW, all my family are season ticket holders and we have bought tickets
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 6 May 09:19

Looks like we will be lucky to break 3k for this. The pricing fiasco certainly hasn’t helped as we should have been looking to match the 5,500 at the Queens game.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 10:23

Quote:

livipar2, Fri 06 May 09:19

Looks like we will be lucky to break 3k for this. The pricing fiasco certainly hasn’t helped as we should have been looking to match the 5,500 at the Queens game.

Serves the club right! Taking the p*** out of loyal season ticket holders.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 10:55

Just had a look.. looks like we will be lucky to break 1k at the moment never mind 3.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 11:23

With what was served up on Wednesday and the whole season in general, it’s hardly a surprise that ticket sales are low. Many folk will buy on the day and maybe waiting to see how results of first leg went too

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:26

Very poor sales so far, even in the NW for a crucial game. If we can`t get 4000+ for this something is seriously wrong with our club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:53

Nothing like a good bit of foot shooting by the club, once again they got it wrong then obviously wrong again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:07

^

Correct, completely self inflicted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 19:19

They made a mistake with pricing and that`s fine, everyone gets things wrong.

It`s the fabricated excuse about why they were set the way they were that`s aggrieved me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 19:22

Yeah all a bit Borrissy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 19:43

Yup

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 19:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:10

Home fans only in Legends?? Need this sorted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:28

If we get through tomorrow, they`d do well to announce, straight after the full-time whistle, that it`s £12 a ticket for the final.

Try and get 7,000 fans through the door and take a big support to the away game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:33

I wish, new man at the top….all about the coin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:37

Yes, but there`s a relationship between attendance and the price. I reckon they`d take in as much at £12 as they would at £15. No way of knowing though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:41

Agreed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 21:53

Club can’t add season tickets to the figures tomorrow, could be below 3000 for such a big game shows how bad it is the now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 21:57

Not seen any figures but I`ll be very pleasantly surprised if there`s anywhere near 3000 there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 22:07

Looks like around 1000 or so sold so far. Not that I`m counting every dot but looks along the lines of 4 to 500 in NW and desperately poor sales in Norrie.

Hopefully lots and lots of walk ups and a big old wake up call to our owners and new CEO.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:39

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 6 May 22:07

Looks like around 1000 or so sold so far. Not that I`m counting every dot but looks along the lines of 4 to 500 in NW and desperately poor sales in Norrie.

Hopefully lots and lots of walk ups and a big old wake up call to our owners and new CEO.

I had a look as my 10 year old has decided he wants to come. I reckon over 800 sold in the NW and not much more than 300 left.

As it is, our row is sold out plus the ones in front and behind and I can`t buy him a ticket anyway as he`s under 12. Does the "Under 12 tickets cannot be purchased without an adult or concession ticket" also apply during the ST only window when you`re unable to buy more than one ticket at a time?

They`re really pulling out all the stops to encourage the next generation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 01:09

Quote:

Parfect69, Fri 6 May 20:33

Fact aye?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 7 May 01:30

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 06 May 20:28

If we get through tomorrow, they`d do well to announce, straight after the full-time whistle, that it`s £12 a ticket for the final.

Try and get 7,000 fans through the door and take a big support to the away game.

7000, give a smoke of that stuff
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 06:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 6 May 20:37

Yes, but there`s a relationship between attendance and the price. I reckon they`d take in as much at £12 as they would at £15. No way of knowing though.

Agreed and let ST holders in free as a goodwill gesture for being locked out in January. It might even encourage some wavered to buy a ST for next season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 08:22

Can you buy tickets for this game at the gate just prior to kick off?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 09:13

Quote:

DBP, Sat 7 May 08:22

Can you buy tickets for this game at the gate just prior to kick off?

Yes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 09:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 7 May 06:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 6 May 20:37

Agreed and let ST holders in free as a goodwill gesture for being locked out in January. It might even encourage some wavered to buy a ST for next season.

That`s far too sensible, GG.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:04

Cool, my oldest one visiting today so will see if he fancies coming along
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:32

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 07 May 01:09

Quote:

Fact aye?

Aye. Show me a CEO who’s main objective is not to make money for the company he represents. All about maximising revenue streams. Aye?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 11:15

Update on what I said last night.

That 800+ "sold" includes ones printed off for the portacabin, which includes my row and the ones either side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 11:27

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 7 May 10:32

Quote:

Quote:

Fact aye?

Aye. Show me a CEO who’s main objective is not to make money for the company he represents. All about maximising revenue streams. Aye?

So no facts whatsoever

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 12:49

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 07 May 11:27

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 7 May 10:32

Quote:

Quote:

Fact aye?

So no facts whatsoever

If you say so
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 13:52

Been a while since a bought paper ticket and was wondering if you can pay by card at the ticket kiosk?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 7 May 14:22

You can pay for a ticket by card in the club shop
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net