DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dispirited
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 12:49

Reflecting on last nights result, or rather the performance. I don;`t mind that we got beat, I don`t even mind that we get relegated. That`s football and having watched the Pars for 45 years I`ve seen us relegated plenty of times sadly!

What makes me sad is the seeming lack of any desire from some of these players. I just don`t understand how they weren`t absolutely bursting a gut last night. A team full of loanees and never were`s.

Can we try something different next season please? I`d much rather we went completely left field in appointing a manager. I`ve had it with tried, tested old Scottish Pro`s, who know the leagues blah blah blah, same old pihs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dispirited
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:01

I know what you’re saying knebworth but Falkirk just made what I thought was an ax citing managerial appointment on a 6 month contract and they binned him before it was up. I’d like to see the German investors bring in someone they know and bin our whole coaching team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 13:57

And I`ve just listened to Yogi post match and the write up in the Courier. I don`t like criticising our manager, but seriously he has to go. Performances have been `unacceptable` all season, these players should have been given an absolute rocket months ago.

If Yogi couldn`t achieve 8th place with a transfer window and a decent budget to play with then he needs to be shown the door. Certainly its not all his fault but he hasn`t been good enough either.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 13:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 14:42

For me it`s the style of football we are playing as well. Nobody enjoys being relegated but give me a 4 3 defeat rather than a boring 1 0 win although obviously you wouldn`t be happy getting beaten every week but similarly I personally would not enjoy watching a boring defensively minded 1 0 win every week also. Football is meant to be entertaining not just winning/success at any cost, although I suspect a lot of supporters just want some sort of success regardless of the quality of football on show. After all there is not that many honours/cups we can realistically win, perhaps the one Raith Rovers won this season. But of course we should at least be in contention for a top 4 finish in the championship or the league below if we end up there and there is no reason why we cannot do this playing entertaining football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:26

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Sat 30 Apr 13:57

And I`ve just listened to Yogi post match and the write up in the Courier. I don`t like criticising our manager, but seriously he has to go. Performances have been `unacceptable` all season, these players should have been given an absolute rocket months ago.

If Yogi couldn`t achieve 8th place with a transfer window and a decent budget to play with then he needs to be shown the door. Certainly its not all his fault but he hasn`t been good enough either.

He doesn`t need to go. He needs a chance to assemble his own team. I don`t think we can count the Jan window. He could only get what was willing to come to a team that were relegation candidates.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:36

Agree nobody is giving anybody “decent “ away in January. Different in summer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 15:47

Get him out the door. Absolutely a waste of time as a manager.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 16:24

A chance to assemble his own team? We’re stuck playing 1 upfront because yogi, like grant, neglected the midfield and we get demolished if we try to go 442.

Yogi has signed quite a few players now, including paying a fee for chalmers, only 1 player was a grant signing last night as opposed to 5 players yogi signed.

Any manger who seen how week we were in midfield and though chalmers was the answer needs to go. This guy even thought McCann was the answer for like 15 games, the is big but has no idea what he’s doing.

The less said on efe the better, utter dross who couldn’t care less.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 16:25)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 21:57

Topic Originator: PARrot like
Date: Sat 30 Apr 15:26

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Sat 30 Apr 13:57

He doesn`t need to go. He needs a chance to assemble his own team. I don`t think we can count the Jan window. He could only get what was willing to come to a team that were relegation candidates.

I seem to remember Jack Ross getting St Mirren out of a hole a few seasons ago in the Jan transfer window.

Yogi is a joke, an utter embarrassment, an incoherent rambling buffoon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:07

I`m with KB, sadly

I could hardly care less than I do after Friday.

A team scattered with egos and talkers.

From the little part of me that does still care, We seriously need as big a clear out as financially possible because something is very wrong at this club and its not just 1 individual.

So feckin fed up with this shower of charlatans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 22:42

Quote:

The moose, Sat 30 Apr 15:47

Get him out the door. Absolutely a waste of time as a manager.

You have said that about every manager we have had since I started posting here eons ago. In fact it is the only thing you ever post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 23:30

Did he not say that Polworth has the habit of finding a teammate with his passing? More chance finding Shergar!!

Post Edited (Sat 30 Apr 23:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 1 May 07:30

I think it was Chalmers that he stated, could pass to his own players.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 07:32

Hughes was given a job to keep us in the league. He has had 20plus games and a a transfer window. He has failed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 1 May 07:52

Imrie basically took the same group of players and turned it around. Brian Rice at Alloa did the same. Mick Jackson is doing the same at Burnley. It can be done without bringing in players, so let`s not use that as an excuse. He also brought in quite a few and let a few go - a few of which many people disagreed with - and yet he still can`t get it right. I wasn`t keen on his appointment to begin with but understood that there were limited options but I can`t see why folk would want to trust a guy who spent actual money on Joe Chalmers to get another transfer window and another season to "get his own team".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:02

It’s hard to argue with that, Kelty. In his defence, the team improved but then so did Morton, QOS and Hamilton

The gap between the top 5 and bottom 5 at around the mid way point was massive. It’s not so marked now.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 01 May 09:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:25

Anyone who thinks Chalmers is a shoe in every week, should be nowhere near the Pars job . Awful player what he brings to the squad is beyond me

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 May 09:45

`Hughes was given a job to keep us in the league. He has had 20plus games and a a transfer window. He has failed.`

Have I missed something?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:13

Certainly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:04

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Sun 1 May 10:13

Certainly.

Wee eck can speak for himself but I think he`s alluding to the fact that we haven`t actually been relegated.... survival is still possible and in our own hands.

I bet QOS would love to be in our place. I understand why some fans are down but not those who already have us in League 1. We can stay up and it`s eminently doable.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:12

Fans are allowed to throw in the towel, GGR. It`s just the players and management staff who aren`t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:18

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 1 May 11:12

Fans are allowed to throw in the towel, GGR. It`s just the players and management staff who aren`t.

Correct . We " the fans" pay the players wages . Not the other way about .
If I want to throw the towel in with this lot , that`s up to me .
As long as those spineless players are taking wages from my hard earned money they`re obliged to at least earn those wages .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:41

It seems a bit hypocritical to me. Paying to follow a football team isn`t quite the same as `supporting` my local shop by buying groceries there. If I don`t like the service I go elsewhere but I don`t tell them `I`m paying your wages, you`d better buck up.`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 1 May 11:47

You must be one of the few who found their 2nd half effort on Friday acceptable . They should be ashamed to take wages for that .
I`ve been going for close on 60 years and this as close as I`ve ever being to chucking it .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 12:06

My reaction at full-time was that I didn`t fancy our chances in the play-offs based on that performance but I ain`t `chucking it`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 1 May 12:12

Fans can throw in the towel if they want to. Personally, I haven`t thrown in the towel but I have extremely little confidence of us staying up. This squad of players are the most spineless group I`ve ever seen in my time supporting the Pars and inspire next to no confidence that they can dig in and get the job done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 May 12:51

They weren`t spineless against Morton, Partick, Rovers or Ayr. The performances weren`t always that great but the one thing we didn`t lack in those games was guts and determination.

To me it just looked like they knew at HT that it wasn`t going to happen down at Somerset. It`s all very well and good saying they`re professionals etc but they`re not robots.

One things for sure - they owe us a performance or 3. There had better be improvements this week.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:00

Thinking realistically, if you know that a victory achieves nothing, mentally it has an impact Bigger picture, avoid injury and save energy for the games that will matter . I don`t buy into the idea that we need to go into it with a victory. We are not good enough at this level to beat teams such as QoS with minimal effort. What I will say is cometh the hour cometh the man. It is time for the players to step up and be counted. The supporters will also have a big part to play and to date they have played that very well. It will be a wider tean effort to keep us in the league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:02

Two good posts from Indiapar and da no 1 above.

Other fans can throw in the towel if they`re so minded, I`m not and I don`t expect the players or the manager to give up either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 1 May 16:59

I know it`s been a terrible season.But, there is no way I am throwing in the towel. The players know what needs to be done,and hopefully they will have the guts and commitment, to get the job done.No player wants to be a failure.

Post Edited (Sun 01 May 16:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Sun 1 May 17:18

Friday was such a massive anti- climax.
The place was rocking until Ayr scored then the life was sucked out big time.
This would have effected the players as the game essentially became meaningless with Wednesday match now huge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 1 May 17:47

Can’t believe people are still prepared to back this spineless lot. Worst team in many a year and sadly JH ain’t the answer either.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 20:11

They`re not spineless

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Sun 1 May 20:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 1 May 20:11

They`re not spineless

No, they’re full of fight. Absolutely
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 1 May 22:48

Quote:

They`re not spineless

I think they are and having spoken to 2 ex Pars players, who are well regarded within our support, they agree. It`s easy to spot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 May 23:10

Quote:

Kessel, Sun 1 May 22:48

Quote:

They`re not spineless

I think they are and having spoken to 2 ex Pars players, who are well regarded within our support, they agree. It`s easy to spot.

That`s your opinion. I disagree. Is that ok with you and your celebrity mates?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 07:18

I can understand why some fans believe the team lacks guts and determination, based on Friday`s second half performance, but that can easily be explained away. It`s already been pointed out that even a win in double figure would not have had us finishing anywhere other than 9th.

It`s been a disastrous season but Wednesday is a totally different game. I remember St Mirren losing 7-0 in a league game at Parkhead and then knocking Celtic out of the SC the following week. How do you explain that? The manager and players know exactly what they have to do. Their focus will be completely different from Friday`s 2nd half horror show.

I`m optimistic that we can negotiate these games successfully but not enough to bet my house on it. Football matches are notoriously difficult to predict but if the players believe they can win we have a good chance.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net