DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 do they have a contract for next year
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 17:59

some months back i stayed our forwards are dire, no goals no motivation
it’s almost like players know that regardless of staying up they are gone, so why bother.
let’s hope we stay up, but need 90% payer change
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: do they have a contract for next year
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 18:25

I have a wee worry that players reading so many fans comments re getting rid of them might not work in our favour.
If they are away after the playoffs, why bother making the effort for folk who don`t want them?

I`m not blaming fans who have every right to comment on performances, but maybe a wee bit diplomacy before the decisive matches would be a bit smarter than alienating the only people who can actually keep us in the championship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 19:17

Most of our players are playing for their fulltime career, or in some cases they may not be in senior football next year,so they should playing for their own future .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 19:54

Don`t contracts have relegation clauses that work both ways?

We have a decent squad. We shouldn`t be where we are, but we are. The team need to take a good look at themselves. I think there were issues before PG but he made things worse. Despite being raging about how things have gone under Hughes, I don`t think we should be sacking him.

Similarly, I reckon the players we have could do well next season IF we can get our act together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 30 Apr 20:22

We have allegedly 3 main strikers , Ohara, Mcann and Todorov, what do they have in common ? none of them ca actually beat a man on a one to one basis, would be rid of the lot.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:51

gordi-b wrote:

> We have allegedly 3 main strikers , Ohara, Mcann and Todorov,
> what do they have in common ? none of them ca actually beat a
> man on a one to one basis, would be rid of the lot.
>
>

If they can’t beat a man as you say then play them as poachers, most of us don’t care about whether they can beat a man as long as they put the ball in the net. O’hara has already went to Hughes and said he’s more of a poacher but was told “we don’t play that way here”. Well maybe we should, maybe playing to the players strengths is what’s needed. How many times have we got forward only to find the striker is out of position?? Way too many, and that goes all the way back to last season when McManus was asked to come back to help midfield and barely ever got forward quickly enough in a breakaway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 May 10:54

Hasn`t Craig Wighton also got another year of his contract to go?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net