DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Firhill Pitch
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:43

As if the pitch isn`t bad enough already, I see that Patrick vs Inverness will be taking place 24 hours before our match. Surely the SFA should have moved at least one of the fixtures to a different venue?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Firhill Pitch
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:48

The SFA are clueless and have no thought for the players or the supporters. No way can you get a decent game on that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 2 May 09:51

With QP having played on it on Saturday that will be 3 games in 5 days which won`t help the pitch`s condition. I wouldn`t think the SFA/SPFL would be able to deprive a club of home advantage in a two-leg competition like the play-offs though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:28

Not bothered, at least we have an oven ready excuse..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 2 May 10:34

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 2 May 09:51

With QP having played on it on Saturday that will be 3 games in 5 days which won`t help the pitch`s condition. I wouldn`t think the SFA/SPFL would be able to deprive a club of home advantage in a two-leg competition like the play-offs though.

Fair point, but surely QP could play our game at Paisley (or another Glasgow venue) and still have "home advantage"?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:07

Quote:

neilholland999, Mon 2 May 10:34

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 2 May 09:51

Fair point, but surely QP could play our game at Paisley (or another Glasgow venue) and still have "home advantage"?

Not really no, QP will be better prepared than us for the game because they`ll have played on that pitch more, we would want the game moved to benefit us, why would QP allow or want that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 2 May 11:52

Quote:

neilholland999, Mon 02 May 09:43

As if the pitch isn`t bad enough already, I see that Patrick vs Inverness will be taking place 24 hours before our match. Surely the SFA should have moved at least one of the fixtures to a different venue?

Why would the sfa get involved in a game in a league that is the spfl’s responsibility and not theirs? and tbh am getting fed up trying to make excuses for this shower oh shiftless barstewards couldn’t find a spin between the lot oh them I see more fight and commitment from the fans some Saturdays than I do from the players

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 2 May 12:06

We just have to get on with the game this has happened plenty of times this season with Partick playing the day before Queens Park it is part of the agreement that Partick get to play on it first
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net