DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yogi has to go!!!
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Wed 4 May 22:13

All I’ll say.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yogi has to go!!!
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 4 May 22:23

Tactics pathetic, set up to not lose against Queen’s Park ffs they are worse than us! No Thomas and how the **** Chalmers and Polworth last 90 I’ll never know, can’t tell me reece Cole is worse than they 2! Yogi clearly has his favourites that won’t ever get dropped

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 4 May 22:42

Club needs a complete clear out top to bottom. Hughes has delivered nothing, performance tonight was unacceptable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 4 May 22:49

No better if not worse than Grant totally clueless how Chalmers and Polwortt try h lasted 90 minutes is a mystery this will only get worse with this clown at the helm

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 4 May 23:02

both have been shocking simple.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Wed 4 May 23:11

Strangely enough if he keeps us in the championship he will have had a successful season, despite the performance’s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 4 May 23:14

Probably not the best timing for such a headline when we have two or three critical games to preserve our position in the championship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 4 May 23:58

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 4 May 23:14

Probably not the best timing for such a headline when we have two or three critical games to preserve our position in the championship.

Aye the team is rotten just now but we have some utter nobs in our support.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:08

We are supposed to be the championship team and the managers set up was complete wrong and so was his team selection. Subs were a joke and didn’t even improve us it made us even worse

Post Edited (Thu 05 May 00:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:16

We`ve 2 wins from our last 30 away games in the league. QP have been beaten twice at home all season.

They never looked like winning and we`re now in a better position to progress than we were before the game.

We should be better. We should have been far better all season. However, we are where we are and avoiding defeat in the play-off away games isn`t a disaster regardless of how ugly it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:17

People are entitled to their opinions nob end no1.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:24

He`s likely not a fit long term. If he keeps us up we should review the situation and (probably) let the Germans do what they came to do. Regardless, I`d fancy us to take them out at East End Park when we can actually play the football we were trying (in spells) tonight.

Think yourselves lucky though. I traveled across 2 US states, for an hour and a half, and spent $20 on the game to watch at home from a 12 inch laptop screen and there wasn`t a shot on goal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:25

Its plainly obvious that Hughes hasn,t a clue how to turn a game around , his team selections are baffling to say the least and his unwillingness to utilise subs is totally baffling , we have played the same one up front since he took over we know it doesn,t work yet he continues in his stubborn way , regardless of which league we are in next season him and the coaching staff should not be anywhere near E.E.P.. We need to return our once proud club back where it belongs

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:31

Anyone else notice that Owen coyle never left the touch line for the whole 90mins constantly shouting instructions to his players yet our joker of a manager sat on his @rse for the majority only occasionally standing up to ramble incoherently at the players then sat back down again

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 5 May 00:48

I often wonder why managers feel the need to constantly shout at their players. Is it because they weren`t clear enough with their instructions before the game or are the players not bright enough to follow them? How much of these rants are actually heard by the players anyway? I seem to remember AJ, Craw, PG were all criticised for their demeanour on the touchline. I don`t think that`s got much to do with winning games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 01:01

Could be because they see how the game is developing in front of them and feel they need to get instructions out to the players could be wrong though still though I’d rather have a manager who shouts instructions to the players than an manager who turns to the person nearest him and tells them what no being done right instead of actually telling the guys on the pitch what’s no being done right

We were the laughing stock of Scottish football when yogi came in and we’re still the laughing stock of Scottish football

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 5 May 01:25

DNCH,Where are you in the states
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Thu 5 May 06:27

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 5 May 01:25

DNCH,Where are you in the states

2 states away from a laptop.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 5 May 07:07

If that’s all the fight the players and manager can give us then we deserve to be relegated.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Queens turn us on Saturday. They’ll prefer playing on a decent pitch too.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Thu 05 May 07:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Thu 5 May 07:48

This is undoubtedly the worst season in my living memory. 30 years. The club is a disaster. Relegation is stuck on and oh so well deserved . John Hughes will be out the door by the end of the month. We wouldn’t sell any tickets next year otherwise.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Thu 5 May 08:01

He`s been terrible but he didn`t appoint himself on an 18 month deal. More money down the drain whether we stay up or not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 5 May 08:15

They`ve got a poor away record Queens Park so hopefully it stays that way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 5 May 10:51

Queens Park are no mugs. They may be in a lower division but in one off games it doesn’t matter. They have only lost 7 games all season. Their downfall is much like ours where they cannot win games. The difference with us is they don’t lose many games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 5 May 11:37

If he keeps us up he should not be sacked immediately, I would give him until October. However if we don`t I would sack him immediately that we are relegated.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 5 May 13:44

How is this thread not been closed down? I had two identical threads uploaded on Friday and they’ve both been deleted.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 5 May 16:07

I hope everyone who was giving Crawford grief remember how better times were only just missing out the promotion playoffs. Since then we have seen 2 managers close to being the worst appointments in club history. The worst team in recent memory and there has been a few.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 16:22

it was rotten under Crawford as well infact follow the pars since administration has been fairly rotten.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 5 May 16:29

7 defeats in a row and 2 wins in 22 or thereabouts for Crawford at East Fife.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 5 May 16:57

Quote:

LEGEND85, Thu 5 May 16:22

it was rotten under Crawford as well infact follow the pars since administration has been fairly rotten.

Is part of the reason for this not the inability to take risks due to limitations to budgets based on coming out of admin and not seeking to "do a Dundee"?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 5 May 17:10

We have been on a downward spiral since the Germans came. I really hope that’s just a coincidence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 5 May 17:17

Quote:

Agree %100 . This decline set in a while ago , and sadly I don`t see much signs that it`s going to improve any time soon .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 5 May 17:42

No spine of the team, excessively high player turnover and over reliance on loans for a few seasons has come back to bite us imo.No matter who the manager is rebuilding a new team every season isn`t conducive to being successful. It`s part and parcel of football at our level but other teams still seem to have some stalwart captain types who can organise and the fans can relate to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Thu 5 May 17:52

Quote:

^^^ Still Crawford got us to our highest league position since administration and into the playoff promotion.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 18:05

we also got beat 1-0 away tae Stranraer in the Cup, disgracefully beaten 5-1 of the rovers,beaten by the Rovers in the play offs , 1 away win all season, long long runs of not winning.

I think Crawford done an OK job of papering the cracks but that`s about it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 5 May 18:43

As much as Allan Johnston annoyed me at times with his lack of wanting to make subs and change a game, look at how far we`ve fallen since he was punted.

He`s like Carlo Ancelotti compared to the utter guff we`ve had since.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Thu 5 May 18:54

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 5 May 18:43

As much as Allan Johnston annoyed me at times with his lack of wanting to make subs and change a game, look at how far we`ve fallen since he was punted.

^^^ The same AJ that just got Queen of the South relegated?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 5 May 19:48

The same AJ that was on the road to taking us down?

The decision to get rid of the managers was never the wrong one, it`s the replacements that we`ve chosen that`s been the problem.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Thu 5 May 20:24

Let’s just get through these games and hopefully manage to scrape staying up. Then we can worry about the set up for next season, and have a go at the people who deserve it.

Going down will be an absolute disaster for the club, so for (hopefully) the next 3 games, we need to do nothing except get right behind our team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 5 May 22:24

Agree.We really need to get behind the team.Whether,we agree on certain issues,or not, not bottom line is,we have to stay, in this division.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 22:28

Quote:

DunfyDave, Thu 5 May 18:54

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 5 May 18:43

^^^ The same AJ that just got Queen of the South relegated?

Willie Gibson was manager when they got relegated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 22:30

Quote:

Grant, Thu 5 May 19:48

The same AJ that was on the road to taking us down?

The decision to get rid of the managers was never the wrong one, it`s the replacements that we`ve chosen that`s been the problem.

I didn`t say it was the wrong decision to get of AJ. Neither do I think we should have kept him. Yet he still looks like Carlo Ancelotti, in the tactical & set-up department compared to what had come since.

Hope that is clearer, Grant. And apologies if I made you wet yourself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 5 May 22:34

I remember the season we played Cowdenbeath in the play off, draw at their horrendous pitch then back at ours and got turned over when we were expecting to win

Beware of underestimating the task at hand

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 5 May 22:42

Quote:

1970par, Thu 5 May 22:34

I remember the season we played Cowdenbeath in the play off, draw at their horrendous pitch then back at ours and got turned over when we were expecting to win

Beware of underestimating the task at hand

Manager went three at the back and benched our best defender.
Cowden’s front two had a field day. Completely lay the blame for that at Jeffries’ door

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 05 May 22:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Thu 5 May 23:36

As the title of this thread suggests, Pars fans lay a lot at the door of our managers. Perhaps a bit of patience, respect and proper manners among those who purport to love our club might allow them to do their job. Without that, we are probably not a viable option to decent men in the game. And a nightmare to those attempting to work in a sensible environment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 May 23:51

Well said, parzdaft. The bar is set very high for prospective Pars` managers. There`s nothing wrong with having ambition but success in football is rarely achieved overnight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 00:09

The bar should be set high for any manager of this football club. Otherwise we accept mediocrity and just stumble along.

Patience and time definitely need to be given as well though. For me it`s all about the product on the park and how I see us, under a manager, progressing. Bert Paton took a number of years to get us promoted, and in this day in age I suspect a lot people would not give him that time. I remember the exciting football we played under Bert though and you could sense we were advancing.

Right now I`m not getting that with John Hughes. That said, if he keeps us up then I`m willing to give him the pre season to rebuild and start next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 6 May 00:15

I see zero underestimation whatsoever. The majority of people in here had us beat around 7pm on Wednesday before a ball was kicked

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Fri 6 May 00:54

disagree, inherited crap squad at a difficult time, in a league that is very tight.
if we stay up we keep him and move forward, if we go down will he stay anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 6 May 01:11

“The bar is set high for managers of this club”

We have the 2nd biggest average attendance in the championship and without doubt one of the top 4 budgets.

Not sure “please don’t relegate us” is “setting the bar high” for goodness sake. Some of the mediocrity we are expected to lap up is just incredible.

Livingston
St Johnstone
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Inverness
Dundee

All of whom comparable to us dare I say smaller potential yet look at their journeys the last few seasons.

Come on now, let’s get real.

There’s been a culture of accepted uNderperformance at this club for years now, and a lack of ambition with footballing matters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 01:20

Yeah but whoever comes in is expected to sort it out straightaway. Getting to promotion play-offs isn`t seen as success and a step in the right direction; it`s seen as underachievement. If Yogi gets us through the relegation play-offs it`ll be the same.

Fans don`t win games and they aren`t the only source of income available to clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 6 May 06:25

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 6 May 01:20

Yeah but whoever comes in is expected to sort it out straightaway. Getting to promotion play-offs isn`t seen as success and a step in the right direction; it`s seen as underachievement. If Yogi gets us through the relegation play-offs it`ll be the same.

Fans don`t win games and they aren`t the only source of income available to clubs.

That`s braw then. No one will need to bother turning up week to week, to suffer watching that dross, as the club can get money elsewhere.
Good shout Eck or are you really John Hughes in disguise?
Has anyone ever saw the 2 of you together? 🤔
Starting to wonder, as you and him, must be the only 2 people who seeing positives in every performance.
🙄😉

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 06:53

[Quote]Yeah but whoever comes in is expected to sort it out straightaway. Getting to promotion play-offs isn`t seen as success and a step in the right direction; it`s seen as underachievement. If Yogi gets us through the relegation play-offs it`ll be the same.

Fans don`t win games and they aren`t the only source of income available to clubs.[/Quote]

Let`s address the second point first - in Scotland, and this goes for all levels, even the Premiership with their TV contract - income from ticket sales is by far the biggest income stream. Other sources of income don`t come close.

As to the first point, getting to the promotion play offs this season would have been seen as success although the stated aim at the start of the season was to win the league (and looking at how rubbish its been that should have been achievable). Most fans had Killie down as favourites and would have certainly accepted finishing in the top 4 as a good season so I don`t know why you`re trying to re-write history there. If we survive the play offs then yes that is a successful outcome to that scenario but it doesn`t make it a successful season. Given we had several chances to ensure we finished 8th or better and ultimately wasted them then finishing 9th was an unsuccessful outcome which may yet see us relegated. I don`t think any of that is too controversial tbh and don`t see why Pars fans shouldn`t be angry at how this season has panned out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 6 May 08:03

Can’t disagree with any of that kelty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 6 May 10:25

Even if we had 50,000 cheering on this team at East end, we still wouldn’t get a performance out of them. Some shower.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 10:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 6 May 11:01

I reckon we would

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 11:30

My comments were reflecting on the last few seasons since Administration rather than the current season so I don`t understand why they were interpreted as specifically supporting the current manager.

AJ got us out of League 1 but got little credit for it despite the fact we were stuck there for three seasons. He was building on that and I`m still of the view that he subsequently suffered from losing Morris, Clark, McManus and Aird in one close season rather than from being a poor manager. I think the board probably felt that way too but, as is inevitable in football, poor results took their toll.

SC`s appointment was roundly criticised as being `the cheap option` but I`m still waiting for someone to tell us what the expensive option was and how we could have afforded it. His strong point was his recruitment and I think it would have been interesting to see how he could have developed the squad. When he resigned the consensus seemed to be it was no great loss.

Everyone agrees that PG was a disastrous appointment which has set the club back but it means we had to reset our ambitions. I think it was a mistake to say we were going to win the league and I would have thought that regardless of who the manager was. Some will say it shows the necessary ambition but I think it just sets you up for failure and a target for everyone else. JH was appointed to help us avoid relegation but even if he achieves that he`ll be judged by many on different criteria. This is the theme I see at our club. Any minor success is downplayed because we deserve instant success and lack the patience to achieve it gradually.

Other clubs have done better than us but I don`t know if there`s a successful formula to copy. I take the point about income through the gate but I was thinking of `windfall` income like transfer fees and parachute payments which can skew the revenue of clubs. I was astonished to hear David Martindale say recently that the difference to Livi of being in the top 6 or the bottom 6 of the Premiership for the latter part of the season could be as much as £2m! It`s harder to get into the Premiership than it is to stay there I think.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Fri 6 May 11:36

Rangers had the 12th man last night cheering them to the win.

EEP is like playing with a man down.

Every misplaced pass or shot BOOOOOO

Sub BOOOOO

No subs BOOOOO
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:22

Cracks me up that people on here think the fans are to blame for everything. Nowt to do with terrible boardroom decisions, poor managerial appointments, awful player recruitment, poor team selections and tactics, shocking performances, etc etc. Despite all that, if the players showed a glimmer of doing anything decent on the park, the fans would be right behind them. However, we get served up the same old dross, game after game, season after season and a lot of fans are sick to the back teeth of the total ineptitude being shown by the club and are making their feelings known. Yet the deluded on here think the fans are the problem.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:27

Aye, that`s what the "deluded" are saying.

Supporting the team might help us get through the play-offs. Then the whole club benefits. There`s not really much we can do about the past other than try and make the future better - which is a fair amount easier from the Championship than League One.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:29

Topic Originator: nick_dafc1 like
Date: Fri 6 May 11:36

Sub BOOOOO

No subs BOOOOO

Total bollacks, the NW create a brilliant atmosphere appreciated by our players and we carry a good away support. Like the BoD some on here love to blame the fans for everything, we are a club in crisis and it certainly is not the fans fault!

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 12:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 12:35

Who said `the fans are to blame for everything`?

Surely we`re all in this together (to coin a phrase)? If you want to be part of the club you`re also part of the problem. Fans love to bask in the reflected glory when the club achieves success but some don`t want to be associated with anything resembling failure. If OF fans demonstrate this trait they`re branded as feeling `entitled`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:00

We`re not demanding trophies or even to be winning titles , although the championship would be nice at some point .
I think most of us would be happy with a competitive side .
It feels like we`re not even treading water when other clubs have gone sailing past us Hughes remarked that we were the laughing stock of scottish football when he arrived .
He`s done precious little to change that . The fans are dying to cheer the team on but they have to have something on the park to cheer .
The fitba on offer has been garbage for the last few seasons .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:21

Quote:

Par, Fri 6 May 12:29

Topic Originator: nick_dafc1 like
Date: Fri 6 May 11:36

Sub BOOOOO

No subs BOOOOO

Total bollacks, the NW create a brilliant atmosphere appreciated by our players and we carry a good away support. Like the BoD some on here love to blame the fans for everything, we are a club in crisis and it certainly is not the fans fault!

Jekyll and Hyde though.
Undeniably top notch for 90 minutes then turn into assassins online.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:07

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 06 May 01:20

That’s good to know so starting from next season al just sit in the house and watch every home game on hesgoal won’t bother buying home or away tops no more 50/50 tickets no more lifeline no more programs cause apparently according to wee eck the club don’t need the fans money…..aye wait till the middle of June beginning of July and they will be out with the begging bowl again

Tell you what though for a pars fan you don’t half do a good job of turning people away from the club with p!sh like that eck

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:21

Why would anyone turn their back on the club based on something someone on .net said?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:44

DA-go Par Adonis wrote:

> Why would anyone turn their back on the club based on something
> someone on .net said?
>
>

They wouldn`t however there seems to be one or two on here whose posts regularly carry the phrase " some fans".

The posts continue to criticise the support, the same support who despite the sheetshow of a season managed to muster five and a half thousand of themselves to get behind the team last friday night.
The same support who watched the team fail to win 19 times in a row on the road but regardless still make 2 hour journeys in the hope they might have a reason to open a beer after they make the same 2 hour journey back in the other direction.
The same support who continue to pay into lifelines and buy season tickets again with the hope that someone on the board has the knowledge to make a footballing decision that benefits the club.
The same support who cried foul when prices were announced last weekend and were ultimately justified, you see continously clapping doesn`t keep a club honest, criticism and praise when it`s due is much more healthy than blinkered partiality

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:58

Works both way.

There`s no point blindly accepting anything and everything the club does. There`s also no point turning up on Saturday ready to start booing if Ambrose mis-controls a ball in the first 5 minutes or if Chalmers gives the ball away.

Support the team if you turn up. Vent your frustration at other times. There`s some good things going on at the club, there are several other things which could be improved. It will be a damn sight easier to achieve improvement if we don`t go down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:43

To support means to lift up, give help to and keep going.

Let’s keep that going, including tomorrow and hopefully the next two play offs.

Wherever we end up we deserve to be there, good or bad.

I love the Pars 🖤🤍❤️

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:45

What`s wrong with saying `some fans`? It wouldn`t be right to say `all fans` or `no fans` so it must be `some fans`.

I`m also a ST holder, subscribe to Lifeline, go to away games and have provided financial support over many years but I`ve followed football long enough to know it doesn`t entitle me to anything in terms of success on the field. I don`t like the `them and us` distinction between the board and the fans either. People make mistakes unfortunately but at the time I`m sure they thought they were acting in the best interests of the club. To describe their efforts to raise income for the club as putting out `the begging bowl` is uncalled for in my opinion. The board aren`t always right but the fans aren`t always right either.

I`ve been accused of being an agent of the board and also being John Hughes in disguise. Now I`m actively turning fans away from the club apparently! I suppose `some fans` will see all three roles as being compatible.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:46

Yogi has to go look at the ticket sales for tomorrow shocking.

The away support on Wednesday was poor and flat compared to previous weeks.

The ticket fiasco can only be blamed so much in my opinion.

Sad times
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Fri 6 May 21:22

Hughes was tasked with keeping us in the division. He can still achieve that goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 01:45

We aren`t relegated yet. My feeling is we will win by a couple of goals tomorrow. Listening to JH after match interviews he doesn`t seem to have much confidence in the players under the current circumstances and is probably setting up the team to avoid losing cheap goals. What we need tomorrow is a top class team performance which is something we haven`t seen for much of the season. Time for the players to deliver a performance and be clinical in front of goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 7 May 08:43

Quote:

Indiapar, Sat 7 May 01:45

We aren`t relegated yet. My feeling is we will win by a couple of goals tomorrow. Listening to JH after match interviews he doesn`t seem to have much confidence in the players under the current circumstances and is probably setting up the team to avoid losing cheap goals. What we need tomorrow is a top class team performance which is something we haven`t seen for much of the season. Time for the players to deliver a performance and be clinical in front of goal.

So, we are screwed then?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:28

Quote:

rikaka, Fri 6 May 21:22

Hughes was tasked with keeping us in the division. He can still achieve that goal.

That is true. However, in doing so he has revealed a lack of tactical nous, a stubborness to stick with tactics that don`t work and a persistence to persevere with players who are performing badly. It is for these reasons that I believe he is not the man to take us forward, whether we escape relegation or not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 May 10:49

Totally agree crosspar.

I could understand if yogi didn’t have January to mix the squad up a bit and bring his own players in, but he did and results haven’t really improved and performances certainly haven’t. Have chalmers and efe been any better than what we already had on the books? Has he got more out of anyone already at the club before he came in? Less motivator more bloativator.

I’d have more confidence if Stevie or AJ were managing the team today, I mean how many of his own players does yogi need to sign before he sets the team up not to get beat?

If we survive and Yogi stays on surely he’ll be under orders to ditch these negative tactics, who wants a season ticket to watch one up front at home?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net