DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pybus
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:03

Anybody got any inside information as to why Pybus was not in the pool on Wednesday? I have just read his interview in the Dunfermline Press which he gave before the game and he made some fairly strong comments on the QoS game. He described as embarrassing and a disgrace. My immediate reaction, and the fact that there has been no mention of him being ill or injured, was that Yogi perhaps did not take kindly to what he said and left him out because of that. I would hope he was not left out for that because I am sure he would have put in a shift for the team, unlike some others. I would much rather he had picked up a knock but will be available for tomorrow.

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 13:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pybus
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:08

Now just turned the page of the Press to find Donaldson also described the performance as embarrassing and he was playing on Wednesday so perhaps not after all!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:12

Picked up a knock Friday but trained today so he’ll be fine for tomorrow

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 13:14

Quote:

parsfan97, Fri 6 May 13:12

Picked up a knock Friday but trained today so he’ll be fine for tomorrow

Thanks for that, good to hear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 6 May 14:57

Best pars news all week that he’s fit. Will yogi play him though with dorrans now back and chalmers undroppable?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:08

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 6 May 14:57

Best pars news all week that he’s fit. Will yogi play him though with dorrans now back and chalmers undroppable?

I`d have Dorrans and Chalmers out of that team. Go with Pybus, Cole and Polworth, Thomas and Lawless either side.

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 15:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:18

Why drop Dorrans? He was our best player on Wednesday.

It should be Pybus, Dorrans and one other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:20

Jakub

Todd
Donaldson
Ambrose
Edwards

Pybus
Polworth

Thomas
Dorrans
Lawless

McCann

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 6 May 15:58

Polworth is honking. Wouldn`t ve near my starting line up.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:09

Pybus and Cole, with Thomas, Dorrans and Lawless for me.

Altho more likely, Chalmers instead of Cole.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:29

Cole hasn`t shown anything to warrant a start. A couple of nice touches on occasion when he`s come off the bench and a free-kick. It`s blind faith to pitch him in.

Happy for him to turn into Iniesta and prove me wrong though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:42

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 6 May 16:29

Cole hasn`t shown anything to warrant a start. A couple of nice touches on occasion when he`s come off the bench and a free-kick. It`s blind faith to pitch him in.

Happy for him to turn into Iniesta and prove me wrong though.

Which is pretty similar to Chalmers the last 3/4 weeks, only without the free-kick.

(I don`t think Chalmers is as bad as is made out, by the way. Just don`t think he`s playing well at the moment.)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 16:55

Chalmers has had a good 90 minutes for us before though, as has Polwarth. Cole has never really impressed when starting.

Chalmers looks good in a side playing well but he`s never going to drive the side forward when we`re struggling.

I think I`d play Pybus and Dorrans in the midfield 3 tomorrow if they`re fit. Whoever joins them will be lucky to get the spot as no-one really deserves it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:01

Chalmers benefits from being the only natural left-sided midfielder in the squad. I think Yogi said he was looking for someone to play that role. I was disappointed when Ian Wilson left. I assumed it was because he still couldn`t achieve full fitness but a couple of weeks later he was playing regularly for Morton.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:15

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 6 May 16:55

Chalmers has had a good 90 minutes for us before though, as has Polwarth. Cole has never really impressed when starting.

Chalmers looks good in a side playing well but he`s never going to drive the side forward when we`re struggling.

I think I`d play Pybus and Dorrans in the midfield 3 tomorrow if they`re fit. Whoever joins them will be lucky to get the spot as no-one really deserves it.

Yeh, agree Chalmers has had a few good 90 mins. But hasn`t recently, so I feel someone else should get a shot. At least with Cole he brings a real threat at freekicks.

Totally agree with your last paragraph.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:22

I think Polworth will drop out for Pybus.
Probably O’Hara up top?
I don’t expect any other changes

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:29

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 6 May 17:22

Probably O’Hara up top?

Surely Thomas has to start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:39

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 6 May 17:29

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 6 May 17:22

Probably O’Hara up top?

Surely Thomas has to start.

Meant to add, Thomas in for Dow. ( old age )

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:42

Problem with Chalmers is he probably is a Yogi Hughes player in terms of keeping the ball ticking over in a possession based style. 3-0 v Ayr was a real highlight of his, but in a relegation battle when you need boys who can actually tackle and challenge he goes hiding everytime
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 18:58

Polworth is a confusing one. Boy was a standout at Inverness and a midfielder I’d have in my team every week at this level no question. I’m not sure what’s gone on with him as he’s looked pretty bad for us. Hopefully things pick up for him. Remember, players aren’t intentionally bad.

Post Edited (Fri 06 May 18:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 19:03

He looked alright when he first came in.

Confidence, momentum and league position all play a part. We could stay up, start well next season and Polworth could be a big part of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 6 May 20:18

Quote:

PARadise, Fri 06 May 17:42

Problem with Chalmers is he probably is a Yogi Hughes player in terms of keeping the ball ticking over in a possession based style. 3-0 v Ayr was a real highlight of his, but in a relegation battle when you need boys who can actually tackle and challenge he goes hiding everytime

And play the ball forward, starting offensive play. Instead always looking for the easy ball although he is by no means the only player guilty of this. Maybe it comes from the manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 6 May 22:14

Paradice what do you mean? Chalmers was playing for ayr in our 3-0 win and was subbed as was anonymous. Ayr fans delighted we took him.

For what chalmers has contributed for us so far surely there was a better option that didn’t comment a fee and isn’t signed up for another year?

Unless he’s been told to play the safe backwards or sideways pass every time by yogi? I’d reckon John Clark would do him for pace over 20 yards too.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:05

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 06 May 22:14

Paradice what do you mean? Chalmers was playing for ayr in our 3-0 win and was subbed as was anonymous. Ayr fans delighted we took him.

For what chalmers has contributed for us so far surely there was a better option that didn’t comment a fee and isn’t signed up for another year?

Unless he’s been told to play the safe backwards or sideways pass every time by yogi? I’d reckon John Clark would do him for pace over 20 yards too.

Hahaha what a howler I’ve had, aye chalmers is murder
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net