DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Declan McManus
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 14:31

Just noticed on linkedin that he finished top scorer for TNS with 31 goals this season! Almost forgot he was under contract this season before we sold him, He could have been the difference... I always rated him, suited the lone striker role too!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Declan McManus
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:10

Did we not get a decent wad for him, plus he got quite a wage ( they were in Europa League) 31 goals in Welsh Premier doesn`t mean he would score for us, seems to be able to score goals at PT/amateur level, but in second or third tier drops off quite a bit, at 27 he`s had 10 clubs, good for him if he`s found his level, and if he wins trophies he has a nice story to tell and a good career.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:33

Quote:

neils, Fri 6 May 17:10

Did we not get a decent wad for him, plus he got quite a wage ( they were in Europa League) 31 goals in Welsh Premier doesn`t mean he would score for us, seems to be able to score goals at PT/amateur level, but in second or third tier drops off quite a bit, at 27 he`s had 10 clubs, good for him if he`s found his level, and if he wins trophies he has a nice story to tell and a good career.

TNS would wipe the floor with our current squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:40

Maybe they would, they won the league by 21 points with an average attendance of 296, playing against teams average crowd 62, great fun.

Manager must be a great motivator! Or........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 6 May 17:59

He scored 9 for us last season in a 27 game league. Our top scorer in the league this season has 6. Sounds like we couldn`t do much to prevent him leaving but would most definitely have done a job this season imo. I think around 6 or 7 of his total this season were scored in Europe too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Fri 6 May 18:30

I think folk have short memories. Personally I was happy to see him go. For much of his last season he was constantly feigning fouls and moaning at the officials; it became very wearing. Also, he was no longer the potent threat that he’d once been - perhaps though he was not enjoying his role which was playing deeper than he might have preferred. Onyhoo, we’ve got to get on without him now, so no point in donning the rose-tinted specs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 6 May 19:10

Sqaures the ball in the playoffs and there`s a very real chance we aren`t where we are now. It`s a game of fine margins. We`ve got plenty of guys who`ve also been prolific at various points of their careers so pointing to previous or different goal scoring records is never an easy comparison.

One thing that was clear at the time was that the money he was getting was excellent relative to what we could or would pay so fair play to him for making the move, earning a wedge and repaying the investment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 6 May 22:03

Its just a shame that the money we got for him was wasted. I had high hopes for Todorov but it just didn`t work out. He`s clearly got it based on what hes done elsewhere but Grant`s recruitment was so poor that there was no way the team could play to his strengths.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 22:59

It pretty hard to decifer the published accounts for the club, but it`s been widely reported that TNS paid 45k for him. I think that means we got a bigger transfer fee for him than Ross McArthur managed to negotiate for Kevin Nesbit
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:03

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 6 May 22:59

It pretty hard to decifer the published accounts for the club, but it`s been widely reported that TNS paid 45k for him. I think that means we got a bigger transfer fee for him than Ross McArthur managed to negotiate for Kevin Nesbit

What? It was widely reported as £60k we got for McManus - which is a lot less than we got for Nisbet (reported to be around £250k plus a sell on).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:08

I don`t think that`s correct mate.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-close-kevin-nisbet-six-figure-transfer-demand-forward-arrives-east-mains-finalise-deal-2909419

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/birmingham-city-offer-hibs-star-23421999

At least as long as "widely reported" is a good enough standard for the fee. The DM fee was allegedly closer to £60k too.

There`s also still the sell on clause if it gets activated for KN.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:08

Beaten to the punch!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:34

That`s what was widely reported at the time and what I believed to be the case. Can`t find any figures in the accounts released to back that up though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 7 May 08:38

Shame Nisbet has absolutely twatted the value of that sell on clause this season
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net