DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Clear out
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:30

One of the darkest days in my somewhat short 12 years of being a Dunfermline fan, but I literally do not think there is a single player in that team that I would keep except Todd and edwards, the management team on the other need sacked asap.I did not like grant at all but I could see he saw that it wasn’t working but was sacked before he could try implement something new, however Yogi has to be the worst and most stubborn manager I have seen. Why all season did he continue to play with one striker mostly o’Hara who has no Ariel ability whatsoever so cannot latch onto high balls or win headers..Why did he persist in playing chalmers who is literally inept from playing a forward pass more than once a game, a player who didn’t get a game for ayr, with ayr fans being happy that he had left and were laughing all night that they actually got money for him, why did he stick to a 1 striker formation that has hardly ever worked?. In general The recruitment this season has been and absolute clusterf*ck signings like Ambrose,woeful,polworth,woeful, chalmers, some laugh we actually paid money for him, woeful, lawless ineffective, stolarczyk, decent , Bobby kamwa never got the chance he deserved etc.I cannot understand why yogi today did not play our best player in Dom Thomas in either legs, we know as fans he can make a difference and change a game instantly, why can’t John Hughes who was sees him train everyday see that????.However it cannot just be down to the management team the players we have are simply not good enough, as I’ve said before just cuz we signed well know names in Scottish football like Ambrose, polworth,lawless etc doesn’t mean they can cut it at championship level which has been shown today. I come from Aberdeen for every home game and have left dissatisfied by every game Ive been to bar raith and partick, the display that has been put on this season by our team is an absolute disgrace for our loyal fans who pay there hard earned money to support there team week in week out and have had literally nothing good to watch all season.A team like Dunfermline with its history and fans should not be relegated to league one ever. Something rotten is going on at this club and needs to be addressed immediately for the start of the league one season.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 17:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Clear out
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:03

Heard today Thomas has already signed for Queens Park for next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:04

That wouldn’t surprise me hudza. No chance he would stay at us under yogi.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:10

Quote:

hudza, Sat 7 May 18:03

Heard today Thomas has already signed for Queens Park for next season.

Probably playing against us then because I suspect Airdrie will demolish them next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:14

Cracking post 2004Par.

I think you have probably been fortunate enough to see DAFC during a golden era.

Unfortunately I have supported them since about 1974 and seen lots of ups and downs - this just happened to be the latest.

I guess I am old enough to know there`s no right to be in a top league. When you take out the Old Firm, the New Firm and Hibs and Hearts, then there are only 6 spaces available in the top league.

I would argue that we are one of several teams vying for that space.

So please don`t be too disheartened - we will rise again - just a matter of time.

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:19

Quote:

Bigfoot, Sat 7 May 18:14

Cracking post 2004Par.

I think you have probably been fortunate enough to see DAFC during a golden era.

Unfortunately I have supported them since about 1974 and seen lots of ups and downs - this just happened to be the latest.

I guess I am old enough to know there`s no right to be in a top league. When you take out the Old Firm, the New Firm and Hibs and Hearts, then there are only 6 spaces available in the top league.

So please don`t be too disheartened - we will rise again - just a matter of time.

7 to 9 years apparently.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:19

Good honest Post 2004Par
I have seen worse if you can believe that ! however there is no excuse for team selections , substitutes and Tactics from JH he certainly made sure that we are the laughing stock of Scottish football

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:20

Quote:

Bigfoot, Sat 07 May 18:14

Cracking post 2004Par.

My fear is, how much time? Getting out of league 1 will be a struggle I feel, could be a few dark years ahead for us unfortunately
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net