DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yogi interview
Topic Originator: Parsman  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:52

Just finished an interview with Radio Scotland. He can`t fault players for effort & bouncing back won`t be easy.

The guy knows how to kick fans when they are down.

Resign. Cautious, negative & fearful football has caused relegation.

Parsman
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yogi interview
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:54

I hope he doesn’t get the chance to bounce back

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:55

It is Yogi`s fault we were relegated he can`t blame anyone else, he had long enough to change it, but appears to be tactically inept.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:56

I really hope he is not even contemplating carrying on and even if he is, it should not be his decision. He has to go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:56

Is it actually going to take fans outside EEP demonstrating to get him the sack , absolutely wage thief should have done the decent thing and resigned on the spot. Surely he can’t be clueless enough to think fans will still back him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:58

Did he no say things like “you won’t be laughing anymore” ect when he came in

I just checked, the other fans are still laughing

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsman  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:58

Oh yeah he`s not resigning. Talked about sitting down with board during close season. Absolute joke.

Parsman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 7 May 17:59

There must have been a relegation clause in yogis contract. To think he said we were the laughing stock of Scottish football when he came in. Well he’s made us an even bigger one now.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: lewis17  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:02

Find his interview absolutely astonishing. What is the issue with calling players out? Yogi has been a complete failure, however those players to a man have been a disgrace all season.

I couldn`t care less if none of those players turned up for pre season training, if they don`t fancy being outed in the media,and if they have a problem with that, they can leave.

The BOD should be under no illusions. This is a complete disaster for the club which could set us back years. Yogi trying to protect players suggesting that they have been 'fighting` is just complete lies. This lot couldn`t care less.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 18:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsYob  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:03

Been swithering about renewing my ST or not, 100% won’t be doing it as long as he remains
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:07

I will definitely not be renewing if he is in charge. Not committing to another season of total guff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:13

Well normally right after a bad result it`s best not to jump onto the keyboard
But I am probably like many others , I have seen enough to tell me Yogi needs to go as his negative tactics have just relegated us ,cmon we are home to allegedly inferior team a team that finished 4th in division 1 and as usual we play a lone striker , I will not be committing my time to watch that crap next season so I am another who will not be renewing My season ticket

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1600E  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:20

He is the only manager who has got two fife teams relegated, what a claim to fame. Great for the CV

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:28

He should be punted. But knowing these balloons on the board, he’ll get a 5 year deal.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:29

"Oh yeah he`s not resigning. Talked about sitting down with board during close season. Absolute joke."

he isnt going to do an interview 15 minutes after the game and say im resigning, thanks, see ya.
he cant come back from this though and the board if they cant see that then they all need to go solely for that never mind anything else.

the supporters meeting that is meant to happen at some point in the coming weeks could be a bit lively if it hasnt happened before then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:31

The board have shown that they do not have the ability to read the room, to me he must go, do I think the board will sack him, not convinced.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:34

I think he will resign

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:35

I had no issue with 4-5-1 per say given the circumstances; the fact it we were losing too many goals, make yourself hard to break down, defend from the front etc and everything else that goes with it.

But persisting with it when it CLEARLY isn`t working and, arguably, you do not have the personnel to pull it off is just mind boggling.

I was quite keen on Hughes coming in, mainly based on watching his Falkirk team and knowing one or two who played under him back then who were singing his praises. Now i`m wondering if time has moved on a d he hasn`t.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:35

I would based on the reaction at full time, How does he survive that/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:36

that shower couldnt bounce back on a trampoline disgrace

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:38

TAFKA_Super_Petrie wrote:

> I had no issue with 4-5-1 per say given the circumstances; the
> fact it we were losing too many goals, make yourself hard to
> break down, defend from the front etc and everything else that
> goes with it.
>
> But persisting with it when it CLEARLY isn`t working and,
> arguably, you do not have the personnel to pull it off is just
> mind boggling.
>
> I was quite keen on Hughes coming in, mainly based on watching
> his Falkirk team and knowing one or two who played under him
> back then who were singing his praises. Now i`m wondering if
> time has moved on a d he hasn`t.
>
>

The biggest crime was in a game we ultimately won, needing the win against Ayr we endured 75 minutes of toothless, insipid, side-to-side garbage, I`ll never understand what he was thinking

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:41

The 2 so called managers the BOD hired have got us relegated, Hughes came in signed some so called better quality of players and then proceeded to play the most negative , slow paced football I have ever seen, also persisted with 1 up front, even though everyone saw that we needed a change of formation to get the best out of what we had, persisted in playing players that were stinking the place out, and leaving players on the bench that he either didn’t like or didn’t trust,
No more season ticket from me until a clear out and complete restructuring of the coaching set up.seen this coming from about November we were in trouble then and not one sign of improvement since then,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:12

His interview is now up on COWS as well. Talking about everyone taking their medicine, calming down and prepare for a hard time in league 1.
He really is taking the urine out of us.
Had the cheek to say we were the dominant team and he was going to make subs but Efe got sent off 🤣🤣🤣
Does he really think we believe a word that comes out his trap?

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:13

Resignation Monday morning along with the old board hopefully.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:18

I can’t see him resigning, Raymie. His ego can’t handle it. He should be relieved of his duties.

I was shot down for not wanting him when he signed due to his attitude at Rovers. I’m not happy it’s come to this.

I’ve no idea what the answer is or who could do a better job.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:18

I want some of weed that John Hughes was smoking this afternoon. That interview ffs you`d think we won the match.
The guy is a complete idiot.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:25

The pars better budget for around 1200 attendances next year if they keep him .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:57

Quote:

GG4, Sat 7 May 19:13

Peter Grant was sacked on Sunday morning after the 4-2 defeat by Arbroath, so hopefully Hughes is gone tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:07

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Sat 7 May 19:57

Quote:

GG4, Sat 7 May 19:13

Peter Grant was sacked on Sunday morning after the 4-2 defeat by Arbroath, so hopefully Hughes is gone tomorrow.

Aye, but Grant should have been gone weeks before that. Don`t expect a quick decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:26

Anyone with half a brain can see we would be going nowhere under this clown next season but knowing our board there probably isn,t half a brain between them , their total decision making this season has resulted in us being the laughing stock of Scottish football and we will be for a long time

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:07

When we can all see the ridiculous and inept tactics, when we can all see the dodgy team selections, and when the facts show that his team selection rarely score goals, it was rather obvious that QP saw that too.

They are not a good team - so many draws - but survived.

Hughes lost all credibility today, but it started before today. He thinks he`s still taking us into next season. Seriously hope not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:22

The fact that every manager knows how to play against us shows yogi and his coaches have no clue.
Always play 1 up front
Pass side to side
Press effe, he`ll make mistakes .
Can`t break teams down .
Is it any wonder we got relegated

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:23

If this guy sets foot in a Pars dugout again I`m out

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 8 May 03:29

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend like
Date: Sat 7 May 18:34

“I think he will resign”

No I don’t think he will, too much money available to him if he doesn’t & he’s not a Pars man in any way, shape or form

Another avenue for the Centenary club funds IMO

I can’t believe I’m up posting this nonsense @ 3.30am but that what todays nonsense result has done to me 😡

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 8 May 07:32

Yogi would be a fool to step down…

He will talk about next season and the job he’s going to do, so that either:
a) he actually gets a chance to redeem himself and get us back into the championship or…
b) he has to be paid off and the more he talks about next season, the more of a lump sum he will receive against his potential contractual earnings
c) if there is a relegation clause which is executed, then he can go back to the market saying it wasn’t his fault, he was up for the challenge of getting us back and was confident he could do it, but the board acted upon outside pressure and he didn’t get a fair opportunity
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:02

My worry since yesterday is that the club could go into free fall as per Brechin. Our performances have been very patchy for a few years since playoff time against Dundee United and have steadily got worse. People connected with the club must see it.
When does the rot stop. This year the play has been woefully short of any possible acceptable standards. My worry is that it continues into next season and potentially beyond. I just cannot get over our tactics in the 180 minutes against Queens Park and congratulations to them. I hope they win their place in the Championship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TurinPar  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:16

Listening to the interview, Yogi is saying all the right things that I suspect the Directors will want to hear. I expect he’ll be at EEP next season.
Can’t understand his statement that we were desperate to get substitutes on. The truth is he was playing for extra time.
The league table never lies and he’s right in the sense that our performance over the season has been woeful.
He’s also saying that we are not certain to bounce right back up, that’s a call to give him even more time to turn things around.
If there’s a better option of an available manager, then we should take the risk. Otherwise I fear we’re stuck with Yogi and his approach.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:18

Agree parsmad, our youngsters are not at the level required to get us out of the league next year so it’s the all important experienced pro’s who we need and the ones we already have under contract give me the fear espech under yogi’s tactics.

It’s going to be a struggle unless we can somehow offload the likes of dorrans, mehmet and wighton. It might turn out cheaper to get rid of yogi and get a manager in who can get the team set up to play to their strengths tho.

Given who is likely to stay we only need 4-5 good players and we should be competitive. Do I think yogi is the man to find them? No, he’s more likely to sign another efe or chalmers.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net