DAFC.net
Home 25 May 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Goodbye Yogi
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:02

Thought you might have helped but the damage PG did was too great. Time for a fresh start. Good luck with whatever you do next.

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Goodbye Yogi
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:05

Quote:

Mon-pa, Sat 7 May 18:02

Thought you might have helped but the damage PG did was too great. Time for a fresh start. Good luck with whatever you do next.

He added to the damage with poor signings, bad team selections and terrible tactics. Equally as culpable as Grant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:07

Quote:

CrossPar, Sat 7 May 18:05

Quote:

He added to the damage with poor signings, bad team selections and terrible tactics. Equally as culpable as Grant.

Absolutely.

Don`t let the door hit you on your bottom on the way out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:07

Agree, yogi owns this just as much as grant, polworth, lawless and chalmers, the worst midfield I’ve seen since sheilds and nat.

At least we played with 2 up top then and occasionally looked dangerous.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:09

Quote:

As bad as Grant may have been, we were only 3 points off 6th when he was sacked. Hughes has had 7 months to improve us and somehow made us worse. Any competent manager would have had us comfortably safe.
Anyone who chooses to spend money on Joe Chalmers (as an example) doesn`t deserve a summer window to bring in players.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:16

Has he not resigned yet ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:20

Im assuming there was a tata clause in the contract if we got relegated. Certainly should have been.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:21

Stevie C seems like a long time ago, at least he was keeping us competitive
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:41

Won’t be back until he’s gone.

Fed up watching the same crap weeek in week out. I don’t know how long it would take before the penny finally drops, it’s not working.

I guess you can’t fix stupid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: orco  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:04

I`m a Livi fan. I thought John Hughes was one of the worst managers ever. I remember him having us play suicide football at EEP. We lost 4-0 as the ball was continually played out from the goalie to a full back. The Pars team quickly cottoned on and said thank you very much four times. Couldn`t stick him after that. A self important clown of a man.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:08

Quote:

orco, Sun 8 May 00:04

I`m a Livi fan. I thought John Hughes was one of the worst managers ever. I remember him having us play suicide football at EEP. We lost 4-0 as the ball was continually played out from the goalie to a full back. The Pars team quickly cottoned on and said thank you very much four times. Couldn`t stick him after that. A self important clown of a man.

Have never forgotten that game. It was like he had watched Barcelona on TV and tried to make his players play like that. It was truly extraordinary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:10

I though he was a good appointment due to admiring the way his F#lki#k team played.

He hasn`t worked out for us though. The bookies might make us favourites for the title next year but I don`t think it will be as simple a task as some will think. F#lk#rk, Raith and possibly Kelty will be better suited to challenge for the title. I`d bite your hand off for a guaranteed play off position right now.

Once again though, i really hope I`m wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:19

Raith? When did they get relegated?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:21

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Sun 08 May 20:10

I though he was a good appointment due to admiring the way his F#lki#k team played.

He hasn`t worked out for us though. The bookies might make us favourites for the title next year but I don`t think it will be as simple a task as some will think. F#lk#rk, Raith and possibly Kelty will be better suited to challenge for the title. I`d bite your hand off for a guaranteed play off position right now.

Once again though, i really hope I`m wrong.

Raith???? has something happened that we don’t know about?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:26

Oops, a faux pas on my part there, 🙊.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 21:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 8 May 20:19

Raith? When did they get relegated?

When John Hughes was their manager.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:17

Well it took 14 days.... should have gone sooner. A waste of 2 weeks. Lost the dressing room which had reverted back to the same hopeless clueless desperation that was the legacy of the utter assassin Peter Grant

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:58

Not too much damage done for this coming season by yogi too. Just chalmers…

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Fri 20 May 08:14

‘I’m a Livi fan. I thought John Hughes was one of the worst managers ever. I remember him having us play suicide football at EEP. We lost 4-0 as the ball was continually played out from the goalie to a full back. The Pars team quickly cottoned on and said thank you very much four times. Couldn`t stick him after that. A self important clown of a man.’

FAO wee eck. Told you but you choose to ignore.

Hughes deserves no goodwill from us as he’s most certainly got a decent payoff after another failure of a job from him. Guys made a decent living out of ruining teams. The next appointment has to be one that will galvanise a splintered support, hopefully the changes on the board will provide that and we can get rid of this clear ‘them and us’ feel that’s been created the last few years as the support has been fantastic and deserves better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 20 May 08:29

`FAO wee eck. Told you but you choose to ignore.`

Told me what? And `choose to ignore` suggests I have some clout which I certainly don`t. I`m just a fan expressing an opinion like everyone else on here.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net