DAFC.net
Home 29 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Time for the Germans to step up..
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:16

Many a question to be asked! Most we probably know the answers..

Will Yogi be sacked?

Do the club play the risky game, keep the budgets the same and go all out for a quick return?

I can see many ST not getting renewed until we know what next season is going to look like..

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time for the Germans to step up..
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:19

Do they learn from their lesson on keeping grant too long ?? Probably not.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:22

The only problem there RMGpar no good keeping budget the same to try and get quick return , look at the dross we are left with for next season and who are we going to attract ?
And JH doesn`t know a good player when he see`s one so I think we are up the creek without a paddle and will not turn things round till he is gone

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:31

Can’t see them stepping up at all. When they came in they said they weren’t going to be stay away owners, yet once again they were in hiding today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:38

big problem gonna be kelty who will have good players and fair budget

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:55

Name an approach that isn`t risky RMG.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:00

Yeah parsforlife1.Time for them to act or there will be no season tickets sales. Can`t use Covid as an excuse anymore.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:46

The invisible Germans and our new CEO sat back while the totally inept BoD went about ruining our club. It will take years to recover we have lost our league position and also a lot of our fans, changes need to be announced now to avoid a real low in season ticket sales.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:57

Yes, I think it is time for the German investors to play their cards. I would like to see them bring in an ambitious young German coach who is prepared to get his hands dirty in Scotland for two or three years. We surely have had enough old school managers grabbed off the 18th green at the Dunblane Golf Club…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:04

My worry is if they decide to bail out. Where does that leave us in terms of club structure. They could sell to any old Tom, dick or Harry and the way the club is setup we are powerless to do anything about it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:37

Was never really sold on the German idea perhaps they should have concentrated on putting a half decent team on the park first then worked on their Academy, can see them bailing out now

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:40

I’m still suspicious of their intentions. Since they’ve came we’ve went from bad to worse to relegation. They’re surely also part of a massive problem. They really need to show face here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:59

General Zod wrote:

> I’m still suspicious of their intentions. Since they’ve
> came we’ve went from bad to worse to relegation. They’re
> surely also part of a massive problem. They really need to show
> face here.
>
>

I’m not suspicious of their intentions they want to bring on young players to sell for profit. As for the managerial appointments I actually doubt they had a massive input on that and probably took the advice of the board since the names touted are unlikely to have been known to them.

I just hope they learn from the mistakes of this season and realise cheap is not always the right way forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:04

Every club wants to bring on young players and sell them on….why does an academy suddenly make us better then other teams even in fife who have had more success without a new shiny academy?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:25

The lack of presence from them has been tangible now and also...odd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:31

Academy, the last time I drove past there wasn`t much in the way of any building work being done .
It looked like a derelict building with boarded up windows.
You would have thought at least the football pitches would be getting work done on them .
The grass has never even been cut

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:39

What have they actually done? Apart from rubber stamping Peter Grant`s appointment (and maybe encouraging his football `vison`) and getting us relegated. Have they put their hands in their pockets yet?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:42

Apart from the £670,000 sitting in our accounts that they’ve paid in? Nothing.

For me, the original board have the reigns, and they’ve slid the sled straight into relegation. This declines been coming for years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:48

Despite what people think, we`re quite an attractive prospect. No debt, turning a profit, "sleeping giant".

This season didn`t go as expected, but get an academy set up, start polishing some diamonds and they`re getting a nice bit of income.

Of course, it`s all a risk, which is why they`re being cautious.

They have left the running of the club to the directors and this, in my opinion, was probably an error. I know our funds were probably limited in the summer, but signing Peter Grant set us up to fail. I still find it incredible that a decision was (allegedly) made based on a couple of our directors being told by the Alloa chairman that Grant would be a good appointment. The German investors no doubt trusted the local knowledge within the club. This was a massive mistake. Obviously Ross McArthur has now left, and I`m truly thankful for his commitment to the club, but others involved in that decision need to take a good luck at themselves.

I hope the new CEO, with his background in marketing/promoting assets, goes back and looks at what we used to do and really pushes the the "selling" of the club to the people of Dunfermline and the rest of the world.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:12

Quote:

forever black and white, Sat 7 May 23:31

Academy, the last time I drove past there wasn`t much in the way of any building work being done .
It looked like a derelict building with boarded up windows.
You would have thought at least the football pitches would be getting work done on them .
The grass has never even been cut

From what I`ve heard the plans for the training ground have been cut back and cut back so far. I`d imagine after this latest set back they will be cut back more still
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:42

`Apart from the £670,000 sitting in our accounts that they’ve paid in? Nothing.`

That would just about cover the cost of two expensive houses in Dunfermline. Not 6.7 million I remind you , but £670,000? And that`s an investment?

If the Germans owners are, as they claim, Hamburg shipping magnates, then that is not so much pocket money as loose change. They will lose more than that in spillage/pilfering in a week on Hamburg docks.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:45

Quote:

sammer, Sun 8 May 00:42

`Apart from the £670,000 sitting in our accounts that they’ve paid in? Nothing.`

That would just about cover the cost of two expensive houses in Dunfermline. Not 6.7 million I remind you , but £670,000? And that`s an investment?

If the Germans owners are, as they claim, Hamburg shipping magnates, then that is not so much pocket money as loose change. They will lose more than that in spillage/pilfering in a week on Hamburg docks.

It`s not a lot right enough, Sammer..... Send us your Oligarchs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:52

It`s not much really, and I` not advocating throwing good money after bad. But it`s hardly a massive commitment. I think the lack of leadership on and off the park is a bigger problem than finance at the moment.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sPARticus  
Date:   Sun 8 May 01:29

An attractive prospect? Are you having a bubble? I`ve seen more attractive prospects on the beach at Blackpool.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 02:52

I don`t think they have ever claimed to be "shipping magnates". None would fall into the super-rich Onassis or Niarchos category, as far as I am aware, but two of the investors have proven track records as quite high profile shipping executives. And in the right circumstances, that can be a very rewarding profession.

Sammer, your lengthy stay in Russia has made you distrustful and cynical of people with a little bit of money. And when you see them spending some of it on your own football club, you are too quick to cast suspicion. Why don`t you just take them for their word? And blow your poison darts if they fail to fulfil their promises.

To date, I don`t see that the Germans have failed to do that. They have invested the second tranche of seed money ahead of the agreed time, and committed to a new training ground at a time when clubs up and down the country were barely struggling to stay alive during Covid.

The pandemic rules stopped them from being more present at EEP and clearly they came to rely far too much on the thoughts of the existing directors. That lesson has well and truly been learned in the most painful way. Relegation, reduced income, and a marked fall in attendances.

Today, we wake up with that dreadful feeling in the pit of our stomachs that comes whenever life`s misfortunes pay a visit. It feels horrible to see the Pars falling back into the depths from where we fought so hard to escape a few short years ago. But that is where we are.

The German group have always emphasised that this will be a six to seven year project. I want to trust them and allow them to develop their project in their own particular way. The way the club is set up largely protects us from being asset stripped, so I really can`t observe any ulterior motive behind this investment.

And let`s be brutally honest...

If we were still under the old ownership model today, and facing relegation, what future do you think we would have? The truth is we would be well and truly fecked.

Let`s be grateful for small mercies...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 03:05

When I worked at an Edinburgh brewery back n the mid 1970s the company allowed 3% for spillage and pilfering. It was mostly pilfering of course and in the hot summer of 1976 when the rate hit 5% they started doing spot checks on lockers. To no great effect since we had been well warned. I`m sure the Hamburg dockers are as smart as we were. Anyhow the amounts lost to the brewery were loose change to the owners who realised a more authoritarian approach would affect production. So the status quo survived. Same for Hamburg I am sure. And after checking the internet I bet more than £670,00 is being levered out of the Hamburg shipping system system every day, never mind every week.

£670,000 sounds like a pittance. It is. I called it loose change earlier but that was probably generous in terms of Hamburg shipping. Their motives remain unclear.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 03:16

You live in the past, Sammer. You have an acute memory stretching back to the 1960s, but you don`t seem to have mentally advanced beyond the late 1970s. You are consumed by a mythical past.

Just so you know, Hamburg docks are largely fully-automated. Dockers are being consigned to history. Cargo pilferage is tiny compared to what it used to be. Goods are carried in containers nowadays, not loose in the holds and `tween decks of ships.

And $670,000 will represent a small proportion of the sum required to be invested by the Germans in the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 8 May 03:20

Monty Pythonesque

What have the Germans ever done for us………….

Answers on a postcard

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:32

They will be gone soon and no doubt there will be a clause to redeem their money somewhere .Done nothing to promote the first team .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:44

Good post Oz. Sammer seems to have missed that the idea behind the German funding is to ADD to what we have been able to do as a community owned club not replace it. Their funding was additional to what fans (Patrons and PST supporters) put in to save us and continue to generate to keep us going. The money may not be at Abramovich level but for a club of our size will be very helpful. Critical thing will be choice of next manager and I too would prefer that we don’t have another retreaded Scottish manager.

Post Edited (Sun 08 May 08:45)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net