DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Get behind the club please
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:45

Massive disappointment this year and terrible selections/tactics for the playoffs.

Next season is going to be tough with QOS, Falkirk, Kelty, Montrose and QP or Airdrie in the Division.

We all want Pars back to top football soon so please get behind the club. Buy your season ticket and let’s build a great team for next year with hopefully a new experienced manager 👍👍👍. COYP!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Get behind the club please
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:45

Nah.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:46

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 07 May 18:45

Nah.

Please….😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:47

Aye just Chuck another £300 at the club for a season ticket and for what?? The board are a bunch of amateurs football wise it’s a disgrace! They got Peter grant as manager I wouldn’t trust them to run me a bath

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:54

I will get behind the club but not with Hughes at the helm, he must be sacked tonight, complete fraud.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 May 18:55

I admire your positivity Summer , but you are talking to fans that have been totally shafted by an incompetent B.O.D. who appointed Grant without a proper interview procedure and followed that up with an other unpopular appointment , we have sat through a season and watched one of the worst Pars teams in memory our total failure to score has never been addressed yet Hughes was allowed to continue with negative tactics week in and week out, , i have been down in the lower regions with the Pars before and will continue to support my club , but i fear many will not.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:01

Poor post at this time after we have been behind the club all along but have been so let down by awful appointments. Please stop berating the supporters when the club has been so aloof and distant. Fiasco after fiasco and total disinterest in the fans. The club has go what it deserved today not the fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:07

Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par like
Date: Sat 7 May 18:54

I will get behind the club but not with Hughes at the helm, he must be sacked tonight, complete fraud.

This. Not a penny more from me till clown shoes mk2 and the old board is emptied. Lines were crossed today.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:09

I will pick and choose which games I will go to. I like many others will be struggling with heating our homes this winter. PS I like many others on this forum have been season ticket holders for many years but this season I feel let down badly with team selection and tactics.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:13

We’re all emotional tonight and understandably so. At this stage it’s hard to see how the club can ask people to get behind them, if they don’t resolve the issue with the management team.

The manager has said in his interview that we were trying to make sure we took the game to extra time - against a team who finished 4th in league one, at home. Meanwhile, our opponents made changes to win the game. We have repeatedly watched the opposition change things to get an equaliser/go ahead/extend their lead and we have been so slow to change anything and react.

If he’s here, it’s definitely going to be hard to ‘get behind the club’, given what we have seen over the last 5/6 weeks, when the going got really tough, the manager got everything wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:18

Been in the same seat since the stand was built. Next year will be 25 years and this is the first time I`ve thought about binning my ST.
Absolutely no chance I`ll get it, if Hughes is still in charge. Enough is enough.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:21

Quote:

dpard, Sat 07 May 19:18

Been in the same seat since the stand was built. Next year will be 25 years and this is the first time I`ve thought about binning my ST.
Absolutely no chance I`ll get it, if Hughes is still in charge. Enough is enough.

Read this Mr Chief Executive!! Hughes out!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:25

I am in the same boat as most here no chance of buying my ST if JH is in charge
Imagine coming out and saying you were trying to take the game to extra time
if he had been more tactically astute we wouldn`t even have been in this position today ! now it`s too late hes fecked us his introducing subs today was beyond disbelief !
better things to do than watch dross week in and week out !
Also it is hard to think about getting behind the club right now when we have actually been doing this for a long long time

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:26

Absolutely f*cking not. Not unless there is a serious reshuffling at board room level, get the braisbys and all the other hangers on to f*ck. get yogi out and his signings with him. We’ve monumentally chucked it this season, only way out this mess is to get rid of every single wage thief.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:27

I have been supporting the Pars since the age of 6 years and I am now 79 years old. I have seen it all good and bad, and will still be there next season. It is in my blood and will never give up on them. I am just as disappointed as anyone, but hey, we`ll get to go to some different places/grounds . There has to be changes , so let`s wait and see what happens, then make up your minds about season tickets etc.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:36

Quote:

steaua, Sat 7 May 19:27

I have been supporting the Pars since the age of 6 years and I am now 79 years old. I have seen it all good and bad, and will still be there next season. It is in my blood and will never give up on them. I am just as disappointed as anyone, but hey, we`ll get to go to some different places/grounds . There has to be changes , so let`s wait and see what happens, then make up your minds about season tickets etc.

Tell me that`s a wind up? We`ll get to go to different places?
Oh well that makes getting relegated worthwhile doesn`t it?
Glad we all spent all that money this year, supporting they wasters, to get to go somewhere new next season.
Unbelievable.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:39

Think that’s a bit harsh dpard.

Marv is woven into the fabric of this club & has contributed more than you or I ever will.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:45

Angus, people like the post above yours don`t ever bother me , but thanks for your words.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:45

steaua, (like you I am into my 70s) my point to al the young guys, you think this heartbreaking, wait till your watching your team in the semifinal of a European trophy and within a short time languishing in the second division. Hughes never stays at a club long, I reckon he’ll begone shortly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:49

An 11 year old laddie in tears who`s known nothing but rubbish and one league 1 win (which he described to me tonight after relegation as being back where I started) as we made our exit past main stand on Halbeath Road, a Craig wighton walking the other way not a care in the world..... There it is for me tonight. Disgusting.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 19:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:51

I’m out. Realised after lockdown that going to Pars matches was more a habit than anything else. Having been a season ticket holder since the early eighties I haven’t been to match since Boxing Day and have no intention of going back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:53

Quote:

Probably the most rational statement on here. It is what it is at the end of the day. Can`t change things.

I do think there needs to be a full review of what`s going on at EEP though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 19:55

Why would he care? He was loaned out and could not get in our team.

Many of the players do not care sadly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:05

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 7 May 19:39

Think that’s a bit harsh dpard.

Marv is woven into the fabric of this club & has contributed more than you or I ever will.

I`m in no way underplaying what she has done for the club from a personal point of view.
She has done fantastic with her fundraising, running her wee shop etc and from that side she has been exceptional.
Doesn`t mean that "getting to go to new places" when fans have spent a fortune all season watching utter dross, is a good thing to say, as if we are lucky.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:08

I will always support the team even tho most Saturdays this season I`ve said I won`t be back. We are all hurting tonight. I am shocked at the season we have just had. I genuinely thought we would avoid relegation even with a handful of games left. Today I found myself checking the score of the other play off to see where I would be going Wednesday night. At halftime I was confident we would come out and dominate and get a goal. Now I`ve not said anything on here about yogi, he`s had my full support since he came in but he has irritated me recently. That line up today was not our strongest 11. Can`t get my head around it. After seeing the first half you could see o hara needed someone else there and someone with a physical presence. For me it was crying out for McCann. The longer it went on it`s like he was wanting penalties, done absolutely nothing to go for the win. Yes we had a man sent off early in the half but it`s a must win game just go for it. I could go on and on but it won`t change anything. We were honking all season bar the odd game. We got beat fairly by Queens Park so well done to them and all the best for the final. I`ve been wanting this season over for a while and im glad it is. I will be back next season but for now I`m gladly staying awafrom anything pars related including .net. Football will always give you highs and lows and to me this is the lowest I`ve felt following the pars which has been around 30 years. Changes are needed. We will all be or at least the vast majority of us will be behind the team next season but emotions will be running high at the moment. As I`ve stated I`m going to enjoy the close season brush off this disappointment and hurt I`m feeling and be back behind them in August.

Edited to add.

Fair play to Jakub for giving a fan his gloves and staying on pitch to acknowledge the fans and what looked like an apology. He won't be here next season and could've buggered off down the tunnel. I respect they kind of gestures.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 20:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:09

Quote:

steaua, Sat 7 May 19:45

Angus, people like the post above yours don`t ever bother me , but thanks for your words.

And, if i may ask, what kind of person am I?

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:32

Does Alan (biscuits) Preston know something about the club that we don`t when commenting on the pars situation said the club needs total restructuring from top to bottom.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:46

Wrong time for this post as tonight I can’t wait to get a break from my club as they just make my life worse. But, there is a fair chance I’ll be behind them at some point again in the future, when and how is to be decided
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:51

Of course it hurts to be relegated, but like most others I`ll be back next year when I can, players and managers come and go but supporters not so much. Hopefully better times around the corner. Glad to see the back of this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:53

If we get a new manager I will be there next year.

If not, for the first time in at least a quarter of a century I won`t. Refuse to blindly give the club money unless they actually understand what a clusterfuck they have made of their decisions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 May 20:57

Dpard, you read Marv’s post wrong. She is trying to be upbeat about the new season; she wasn’t making light of the relegation.

We’re all emotional right now ~ hope you can understand the points made. X

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:03

Quote:

JimDAFC, Sat 7 May 20:32

Does Alan (biscuits) Preston know something about the club that we don`t when commenting on the pars situation said the club needs total restructuring from top to bottom.

Someone who used to be involved with the Pars said the exact same thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:09

ref: dpard
Sat 7 May 20:09

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`d say you`re probably hacked off by today`s result - that`s the excuse I`ll make for you. Are you certain she meant going to other places "makes getting relegated worthwhile?" Have a wee think. Maybe you got that wrong. Maybe she`s actually hurting a bit as well and was just being a wee bit whimsical, putting on a brave face maybe? No, no you must be right - she certainly is absolutely thrilled to bits that we got relegated so she can go to different places!

What kind of person are you? I don`t know, but on this matter you came across as an eejit, who gets one idea in his head and thinks he`s right. Aye we`re a` piffed off.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 21:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:12

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sat 7 May 21:09

ref: dpard
Sat 7 May 20:09

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`d say you`re probably hacked off by today`s result - that`s the excuse I`ll make for you. Are you certain she meant going to other places "makes getting relegated worthwhile?" Have a wee think. Maybe you got that wrong. Maybe she`s actually hurting a bit as well and was just being a wee bit whimsical, putting on a brave face maybe? No, no you must be right - she certainly is absolutely thrilled to bits that we got relegated so she can go to different places!

What kind of person are you? I don`t know overall, but on this matter you came across as an eejit. Aye we`re a` piffed off.

Think I`ll take that with the pinch of salt it deserves. Thanks tho 👍

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:39

It`d be better wi` a Bounty bar, relaxin` on a hammock on a Caribbean beach, listenin` tae the soothin` waves... 👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: portreepar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:41

Well it’s been a horrible season,but after 53 years supporting the pars from being a 7 year old living on the Isle of Skye and going on holiday to my uncle and aunties in crossford.the pars mean everything to me and even as this is a sad day we will be back.coyp.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: portreepar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 21:42

Well it’s been a horrible season,but after 53 years supporting the pars from being a 7 year old living on the Isle of Skye and going on holiday to my uncle and aunties in crossford.the pars mean everything to me and even as this is a sad day we will be back.coyp.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:03

dpard .. We are all a wee bit shell shocked right now .. and us auld timers are lucky to have been there during the good times .. but continued to support our team during the bad times .. This is a bad time .. Marv was only trying to make the hurt less .. It was not a wind up .. Marv has gone above and beyond for our club .. Hope you understand .. careful with the salt ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:13

I will certainly be back.Been through this before, and after 60 years,watching great and bloody awful teams,I would be fibbing ,if I said I would never go back.Buspasspar said it well.

Post Edited (Sat 07 May 22:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:20

Been very few good times in the past 10 years, club is in same position it found itself in post admin - league one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nightboat  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:32

I don’t get to games much now but have supported the Pars for 50 years and continue to buy a ST even though I work overseas and can only go to games when visiting. I watch the games on Pars TV and follow every piece of news intently. However, although I will continue to support the Pars I will not buy a ST again as long as Hughes and the current coaches are taking money from the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:35

Quote:

Get a grip. Different places, really! The supporters have had enough.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:27

Re the heading of this post. Been there, done that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 7 May 23:55

How about the board get behind the fans for once? One way traffic the past few years. I’ll find other things to do on a Saturday, put off playing amateur football on a Saturday for long enough as wanted to watch pars games, maybe take that up.

The clubs taken a lot of us for granted for too long.

We can survive without Dunfermline Athletic, they can’t survive without us. Time our board members realised that and acted accordingly, rather than treating us like scum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:19

Everyone is very emotional, understandably. Totally gutted by this seasons performances and by the terrible management appointments over the years.

Alan Johnston did a great job of getting us out of league one and getting us into the playoffs, but then it went ‘pear shaped’, all other managerial appointments thereafter have been poor and ‘ill thought’ out!

Pars will be back with our support. We need restructuring at the club but only with the fans can Pars recover. I will be buying my season ticket and look forward to us humping Falkirk next season. COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:32

summeragent wrote:

> Everyone is very emotional, understandably. Totally gutted by
> this seasons performances and by the terrible management
> appointments over the years.
>
> Alan Johnston did a great job of getting us out of league one
> and getting us into the playoffs, but then it went ‘pear
> shaped’, all other managerial appointments thereafter have
> been poor and ‘ill thought’ out!
>
> Pars will be back with our support. We need restructuring at
> the club but only with the fans can Pars recover. I will be
> buying my season ticket and look forward to us humping Falkirk
> next season. COYP!

Good for you. Think you’ll have plenty of choice of seats or indeed rows at the stadium next season because unless there is rapid real change in personnel and attitude, they’ll be lucky to get over 1500 season tickets sold.

Frankly I think that’s 1500 more than they deserve after the last few years, but fair play to you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: orco  
Date:   Sun 8 May 04:17

I`m a Livi fan and I know how you all feel.
Six years ago we were relegated to League1 at this stage by Stranraer.
The next season with sheer hard work we won the league. That got us into winning ways and in the Championship we sneaked up into 2nd place and won the play offs. I thought we would go straight back down but this will now be our fifth year in the SPL.
Sometimes you have to go backwards to regroup before you can go forwards.
With the right manager (not Hughes) and a good work ethic it can be done. Don`t despair.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 May 04:46

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sun 8 May 00:32

summeragent wrote:

> Everyone is very emotional, understandably. Totally gutted by
> this seasons performances and by the terrible management
> appointments over the years.
>
> Alan Johnston did a great job of getting us out of league one
> and getting us into the playoffs, but then it went ‘pear
> shaped’, all other managerial appointments thereafter have
> been poor and ‘ill thought’ out!
>
> Pars will be back with our support. We need restructuring at
> the club but only with the fans can Pars recover. I will be
> buying my season ticket and look forward to us humping Falkirk
> next season. COYP!

Good for you. Think you’ll have plenty of choice of seats or indeed rows at the stadium next season because unless there is rapid real change in personnel and attitude, they’ll be lucky to get over 1500 season tickets sold.

Frankly I think that’s 1500 more than they deserve after the last few years, but fair play to you.

We didn`t break 1500 this year.

If Hughes doesn`t go we`ll be lucky to break 1000.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 8 May 05:34

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sat 7 May 20:08

I will always support the team even tho most Saturdays this season I`ve said I won`t be back. We are all hurting tonight. I am shocked at the season we have just had. I genuinely thought we would avoid relegation even with a handful of games left. Today I found myself checking the score of the other play off to see where I would be going Wednesday night. At halftime I was confident we would come out and dominate and get a goal. Now I`ve not said anything on here about yogi, he`s had my full support since he came in but he has irritated me recently. That line up today was not our strongest 11. Can`t get my head around it. After seeing the first half you could see o hara needed someone else there and someone with a physical presence. For me it was crying out for McCann. The longer it went on it`s like he was wanting penalties, done absolutely nothing to go for the win. Yes we had a man sent off early in the half but it`s a must win game just go for it. I could go on and on but it won`t change anything. We were honking all season bar the odd game. We got beat fairly by Queens Park so well done to them and all the best for the final. I`ve been wanting this season over for a while and im glad it is. I will be back next season but for now I`m gladly staying awafrom anything pars related including .net. Football will always give you highs and lows and to me this is the lowest I`ve felt following the pars which has been around 30 years. Changes are needed. We will all be or at least the vast majority of us will be behind the team next season but emotions will be running high at the moment. As I`ve stated I`m going to enjoy the close season brush off this disappointment and hurt I`m feeling and be back behind them in August.

Edited to add.

Fair play to Jakub for giving a fan his gloves and staying on pitch to acknowledge the fans and what looked like an apology. He won`t be here next season and could`ve buggered off down the tunnel. I respect they kind of gestures.

Good post, niknak

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 8 May 05:45

Quote:

Spot on Marv. As disappointed as I am, next season will be a cracking league with F*lkirk and Kelty in there among others.
Let`s pick ourselves up and get on with it.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 May 06:41

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 8 May 05:45

Quote:

Spot on Marv. As disappointed as I am, next season will be a cracking league with F*lkirk and Kelty in there among others.
Let`s pick ourselves up and get on with it.

Or it could be total humiliation as we get scudded by Kelty and Falkirk in the third tier.

The only way it will be a cracking league next year is if we get promoted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 May 07:40

I`ve been following the Pars since 1963, so I`ve experienced the highs and lows - definitely more lows - so although I`m totally gutted right now - I woke up at 2.30 am, hoping it was just a bad dream - I won`t be giving up on the Pars. They`ve been part of my life for so long, going along to EEP on a match day is part of my routine. I`ll stop going if/when my health prevents me from going or when I retire to that Big Fitbaw Stadium in the Sky.

Post Edited (Sun 08 May 10:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 8 May 12:10

GG, IMHO the writing’s been on the wall for much longer than last October. Frankly the football we’ve been playing since SC’s period of office -and probably AJ before that - has been pretty awful, with only occasional bursts of “brilliance”. Inconsistency has become the norm with the Pars and I have to say that I can’t see much light at the end of the tunnel.
Changing managers, as you would your underwear, is not the answer. Along with many others I’m disappointed in Yogi. I thought he was a breath of fresh air after PG but in reality he seems to be a bag of wind. There again, he inherited a squad which was largely dysfunctional, though I accept that his additions have hardly set the heather on fire. In his defence though, attempting to sign players halfway through a season and have them adapt to a style of play cannot be easy.
A root and branch review is absolutely essential, and if the German “investors” are right about anything it will be a long-term plan.
As for the managerial situation, none of us know properly what his contract says but I don’t see Yogi staying on. I do get fed up reading about the usual suspects that are trotted out every time we’re in this position, and I don’t believe it would be easy to install a German National as some suggest. We almost need a young(ish) and enthusiastic type to mould a squad with a blend of youth and experience, but not one loaded with ageing journeymen. Someone a bit like Big Jim when he started out all those years ago - maybe Scott Brown would be an option if he actually wanted the job.
Finally, for the moment, I think people should stop thinking that we are a “big” club. We aren’t; not any more. Maybe we never were. We’re a small club that got lucky and seriously punched above its weight sixty years ago.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net