DAFC.net
Home 25 May 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Ross McArthur Stand
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:41

Last week we had a tremendous display (banner) from the lads in the North West Stand for our esteemed Chairman Ross McArthur. I know it has been suggested on here before that the new training ground or North West Stand should be named after him but surely now is the time to stop talking about it and make it happen. It`s time to make a real statement to praise him for his achievements in moving the club forward in the last decade
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Ross McArthur Stand
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 8 May 03:14

Poorly disguised taunt RSP

The man & his board tried their level best to lead our club to success but to no avail

A fans owned club turned out to be a pipe dream & has seen our club treading water for 9 years

My concern is not with the past but with where do we go from here, I really don’t understand our German consortiums interest in our wee club, or has their vision now been poked in the eye with a sharp stick?

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:55

Fair play he stood up when we needed it but that was almost 10 year ago. Since then we have hired charlatan after charlatan under his watch. Made no real improvement on the pitch, yes not all down to him but he`s got to take a share of the blame. I`ll also add he didn`t deserve the spitting etc.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:32

McArthurs legacy tainted by that one terrible decision to appoint Peter grant with due diligence or process and then to try and brave it out as long as he did.

Will history be repeated even after he’s gone?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:49

There is a credit and debit balance in respect of RMcA’s tenure.

As above, the appointment of a manager without due diligence was an astonishing decision.

That was the root cause of the club’s demise this season, regardless of what followed.

We all have made errors of judgement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:52

How do you become chairman of a club? Do you apply for a position? Are you elected? What if it’s a fan owned club? Do they just decide who it’s going to be?

I’d be up for the job. Skint though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:56

Deary me!

Would rather have the Stephen Simmons stand.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:32

Topic Originator: cammypar 1995 like
Date: Sun 8 May 08:55

"Fair play he stood up when we needed it but that was almost 10 year ago. Since then we have hired charlatan after charlatan under his watch. Made no real improvement on the pitch, yes not all down to him but he`s got to take a share of the blame.

I`ll also add he didn`t deserve the spitting etc."

I`m sure he`ll sleep well after your ringing endorsement, cammypar.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:40

Honestly we get it McArthur is your mate GG you don’t need to keep reminding us. The ringing endorsement will be plainly obvious for all to see when the new league tables come out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 8 May 11:05

Just about chocked on my roll on square sausage reading this.
This post is everything that is wrong at D A.F.C .
Thank you for ten years ago but a stand named after him . Your having a laugh.
Incase you`ve never noticed we are now the laughing stock of scottish football due to R Mc tenure as chairman.
Be better to name a stand after Sammy the tammy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sun 8 May 11:20

I’d rather it was named after George O Boyle than RM. He did far less damage to the club 😹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 8 May 11:55

Some of you need a shake.

How much time have you out into this club?
How much money?
How many sleepless nights trying to balance the books?

It`s easy to stand on the side lines sniping. How about some of you come forward as directors? Invest some money? Give up some time? No?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 12:28

How much money?

It`s easy to stand on the side lines sniping. How about some of you come forward as directors? Invest some money? Give up some time? No?

Just to remind yourself jake89

A lot of loyal pars fans spend the vast majority of there free weekends following the club home and away over the season .

Fans spend a hell of a lot of there own money on season tickets, travel, food when there`s any at East end. Centenary club etc in todays climate where most families are struggling to pay bills.

Over this season many pars fans will have had many sleepless nights due to the love and fear of the club being relegated.

Many fans would love to invest there own money and do through the Centenary club lifeline .
Many fans invest more that they can afford just the same as BOD
and R mc hence why he found new investment.

So like you said its easy standing on the sidelines sniping .
Maybe you should think about the fans that` pay there hard earned cash week in week out and keep the club a float as much as R Mc.

This seems to be the issue at the club these days
Two sets of different fans yous and us .
Who knows maybe if we had been pulling in the same direction we wouldn`t be in the 1st division next year

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 13:41

Let`s see how many of those people step up then. I`m in full agreement that a review is needed but I very much doubt any of our directors are happy right now. It`s easy to criticise with the benefit of hindsight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 8 May 15:46

Quote:

forever black and white, Sun 8 May 12:28

How much money?

A lot of loyal pars fans spend the vast majority of there free weekends following the club home and away over the season .

Fans spend a hell of a lot of there own money on season tickets, travel, food when there`s any at East end. Centenary club etc in todays climate where most families are struggling to pay bills.

Over this season many pars fans will have had many sleepless nights due to the love and fear of the club being relegated.

Many fans would love to invest there own money and do through the Centenary club lifeline .

Maybe you should think about the fans that` pay there hard earned cash week in week out and keep the club a float as much as R Mc.

Who knows maybe if we had been pulling in the same direction we wouldn`t be in the 1st division next year

A small fraction of what Ross contributed.

I don`t think he will lose any sleep over the rantings of a hand ful of clueless emotional wrecks , so get it off your chest.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:11

Grateful to McArthur for helping keep the club going when things looked sticky but I think the naming of stands should be reserved for long serving players and perhaps managers who won serious silverware. Also I think these should be posthumously awarded.

Norrie deserved a stand.

There is an argument Leishman might merit one when he passes.

If your going to extend it to boardroom figures I’d find Margaret Ross more fitting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dickandbert  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:11

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 8 May 15:46

Quote:

forever black and white, Sun 8 May 12:28

How much money?

I don`t think he will lose any sleep over the rantings of a hand ful of clueless emotional wrecks , so get it off your chest.

Isn’t this all relative? I don’t know or care about Ross`s wealth or that of my fellow fans. Those that have money to spare can invest, what to many might be eye watering amounts relatively pain free. They are to be lauded, in my opinion, less than some who make tough financial decisions to support the club.

I appreciate Ross more for his time commitment. I know, from previous experience how valued that is when running another business.

People are not comparing like for like, as indeed they can’t be expected to. It is a complex comparison. Emotions are running high it is naturally a time to vent. You can’t change the past, however you can influence the future. Be positive and support the club. Don’t be blind loyalists but offer positive suggestions, forcibly if required.

That would be my advice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dickandbert  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:14

Please be mindful the comments above were made after 1am ( and a bottle of red!)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:56

Parrot, haha

The ratings of the clueless emotional wrecks. Brilliant 👏
That will be the fans that also keep the club afloat your talking about .

Like I say , all that is wrong with DAFC at the moment.

Yous and us .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 17:38

But isn`t it you making it that way?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 May 18:47

To be honest, we should be looking at selling the naming of the main and north west stand to the highest bigger.

Same with east end park, call it the smash burger stadium for all I care, anything to bring in cash to actually get some fitba players in this team.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:26

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Sun 8 May 10:40

Honestly we get it McArthur is your mate GG you don’t need to keep reminding us. The ringing endorsement will be plainly obvious for all to see when the new league tables come out.

OK, GKI, let me clarify a few points.

1. Ross McArthur and I are not mates, in the sense that we`ve never bought one another a pint. I was introduced to him in 2013 and I`ve always found him to be enthusiastic, helpful and supportive of any Pars related initiative. During this time, I heard many glowing testimonials about how long and hard he`s worked to put the Pars back on a stable financial footing after we nearly went under. He also strived to repair the damage done by the previous regime and make the club a focal point for the local community.

2. I was hacked off by cammypars post in which he said that what Ross did for the Pars was almost 10 years ago, the insinuation being that it was somehow no longer relevant. My sarcastic reply was out of order, but like most Pars fans, I was still rather raw this morning, after yesterday`s shocker. My apologies, Cammy.

3. This idea was mooted on the Bounce a couple of months ago. A member of the BoD sounded Ross out about naming a stand after him. Being the modest, unassuming man he is, he was horrified at the suggestion and repelled it immediately. I must say I`m in full agreement with him. To name a stand after an outgoing Chairman who has just seen his club relegated, is completely illogical. Had we just been promoted to the Premiership, it might have made more sense.

I saw Ross at full time yesterday but he didn`t see me. He looked heartbroken. I`m certain he would like to have stepped down under happier circumstances. Like me and many others, he`ll be back at EEP next season, hoping to cheer our Pars to promotion. My hope is that I live long enough to see the club establish itself in the Premiership. Yesterday`s game has probably added a few years on to that possibility happening.

I`ll just have to live a bit longer, in that case. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Mon 9 May 14:13

Get this in the bin....the display was bad enough

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net