DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Can’t just walk away
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Sun 8 May 07:45

Been watching the pars for 58 years, seen some real Poor teams but had some great times also. Will still buy a season ticket for next season, really disappointed with managers and tactical decisions made this season, but a pars fan I am and will be till I die. Managers and players come and go but fans stay and can’t just move on. Let’s hope better decisions are made during the close season and the board maybe bring some new young talent into the managerial role, I personally would like to see them bring in some German rather than us going and employ another old failure, surely the board have some connections. Anyway as disappointed as I am they will still have my support and possibly another thousand or so will feel the same. Next season onwards and upwards I hope, won’t be easy but a few derby games to look forward too.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Can’t just walk away
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:03

Quote:

Oldfifer, Sun 8 May 07:45

Been watching the pars for 58 years, seen some real Poor teams but had some great times also. Will still buy a season ticket for next season, really disappointed with managers and tactical decisions made this season, but a pars fan I am and will be till I die. Managers and players come and go but fans stay and can’t just move on. Let’s hope better decisions are made during the close season and the board maybe bring some new young talent into the managerial role, I personally would like to see them bring in some German rather than us going and employ another old failure, surely the board have some connections. Anyway as disappointed as I am they will still have my support and possibly another thousand or so will feel the same. Next season onwards and upwards I hope, won’t be easy but a few derby games to look forward too.

Brexit rules will guarantee that it won’t or can’t be a “German”, we can’t bring in an international level manager who would comply so our options are the merry go round
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:43

I`ll not be walking away. Events like yesterdays only tend to harden my resolve. I hope those fans in the NW who`ve done so much to create a bit of an atmosphere are back for next season too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TurinPar  
Date:   Sun 8 May 08:45

Gutted but not walking away!
The club is bigger than those who have created this mess. Season ticket again beckons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:32

And we will still be there with the DASC DONATION SHOP every Friday 11am to 1pm during the close season. I will tell you about the Daily Mail journalist who visited the the Hub yesterday. He could not believe his eyes at the facility we have. He came back after the game and was so impressed, he has got loads of football shirts from a lot of Nations and he is getting them through to the Hub for us to sell.( I gave him some scran for his journey back to Glasgow). It is a big disappointment , but things will change so keep the Faith folks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:39

The fans won’t walk away……never have never will.

The yogi debacle won’t last for long and then we can start to look upwards again.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:42

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 8 May 09:39

The fans won’t walk away……never have never will.

The yogi debacle won’t last for long and then we can start to look upwards again.

That`s the spirit Berkey 👏

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:42

If everybody walked away there would be no club to follow. If I wasn`t at a game I`d be desperately scrabbling about trying to find out the score.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 8 May 09:49

"Brexit rules will guarantee that it won’t or can’t be a “German”, we can’t bring in an international level manager who would comply so our options are the merry go round"

same as last summer and with players also that is not the case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:00

The hard core support like us won’t evaporate - but attendances will drop and income suffer accordingly.

I was one of the 700 odd diehards for Leishman’s first home game as manager, so I’m under no illusions.

Relegation is a disaster, and it’ll be a hard shift to recover the second tier against a bunch of decent teams at League 1 level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:24

I`ve been following the Pars since 1963, so I`ve experienced the highs and lows - definitely more lows - so although I`m totally gutted right now - I woke up at 2.30 am, hoping it was just a bad dream - I won`t be giving up on the Pars. They`ve been part of my life for so long, going along to EEP on a match day is part of my routine. I`ll stop going if/when my health prevents me from going or when I retire to that Big Fitbaw Stadium in the Sky.

"The hard core support like us won’t evaporate - but attendances will drop and income suffer accordingly.

I was one of the 700 odd diehards for Leishman’s first home game as manager, so I’m under no illusions.

Relegation is a disaster, and it’ll be a hard shift to recover the second tier against a bunch of decent teams at League 1 level."

Spot on, VEE. League 1 looks a far harder proposition than it did when we escaped from it in AJ`s first season. Teams like Falkirk and Kelty will be busting a gut to beat us. Player recruitment will be key.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:38

The diehards , and I include myself amongst them will still be going , but the board would do well to realise , a lot of the support that turned up towards the end of this season aren`t diehards .
I know of at least 3 regular season ticket holders who stopped going at the end of last season .and we`re all going to have more pressure put on our finances .
The fact is, football , in the grand scheme of things is a luxury and a lot more folk will stop going after witnessing that cavalcade of crap .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:51

Yeah it might be a long haul getting back to the championship but if there is one thing we should learn from this season is that the attitude of the players must be more important than the quality of their football skills. So many pundits on radio saying that with the so called quality of the players we have that we should not be anywhere near the relegation position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 8 May 10:54

I was also one of the “700” VEE, but I thought it was even less than that..?

Did John Watson debut then or a wee bit later? I remember him sparking a bit of interest as somebody who looked like he knew what a fitba’ was for!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 8 May 11:35

First game was season 59/60, will once again renew my season ticket, it`s in my blood!🏁🏁🏁

At least it will be cheaper next season!🤔😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 8 May 11:43

I’ll still be there but I want to see some actual changes at the club. When in world football does a team get taken over by new owners yet the old regime stay in place? It’s their fault we are in the mess we are in on the pitch, so if no changes then what exactly is going to happen? Wouldn’t trust any of them to get the right manager in look at the last few appointments

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 8 May 12:13

I think the point made about financial pressures on folk, as well as a general disillusionment with what`s being served up on the pitch, could see our support plummet next season. I hope I`m wrong, but it`s a much easier decision for folk than it would have been to give up football.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 12:50

"same as last summer and with players also that is not the case"

If you`re talking about Gaspuitis he was an internationalist so got enough points to get a visa. Very hard to prove that a German youth coach or from 3. Bundesliga is better than the local options.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 8 May 14:03

not talking about Gaspuitis and he didnt have enough points to get a visa, the club went through the appeal process which they can choose to do with any player that doesnt automatically qualify for a visa if they are willing to pay the admin fee and go through the process.

the same applies for managers/coaches although it is far simpler to get in, basically they have to pick the team and then either have a uefa pro licence or coached in a pro league for at least 2 years out of the last 5 if i remember rightly.

Post Edited (Sun 08 May 14:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:16

I’ll be back next year….. I can’t stay away for long. I did manage to for a few games towards the end of Grant’s reign as a form of protest.

Will I get a season ticket though? Will I put sponsorship money in? That depends on how the club is shaping up, what changes are made, particularly in the manager and coaching positions. Also, the club needs a shake up in the boardroom. Some very poor decisions have been made and there is no point pouring money into the club for the same folk to waste it on more crap.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:48

A lot of it will depend on the management team and the prices/marketing.

If they keep Hughes in charge and charge Championship prices, season ticket sales will be dreadful. Regardless of the fans’ views, Hughes failed in his primary objective, despite being able to bring in 7(?) of his own players in January. We saw numerous inept/underwhelming performances over the last 6-8 weeks and repeatedly saw him leave it too late to make changes and/or take out guys he signed (Polworth, Chalmers, Lawless, Ambrose). Ultimately, that got us relegated. To stick with this management team, after what we have seen recently, would be terrible.

A new management team, reasonable prices and good marketing/PR would mean that sales will probably be alright.

Unfortunately, I’m a mug and will probably continue to pay for my season ticket regardless of the above. But I know that a lot of others might not be the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 8 May 16:52

If we scan the continent carefully we might get another Berti Vogst.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net