DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Big local Derby Kelty Hearts
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 8 May 17:10

What a fantastic Derby game to look forward to, Dunfermline Athletic v Kelty Hearts. Maybe they`ll consider us "the wee team" as they streak past us into the Championship next season. As for Raith Rovers, maybe their best players would be less inclined to see the Pars as a decent prospect. Humble pie all round it seems.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Big local Derby Kelty Hearts
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 8 May 17:57

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 8 May 17:10

What a fantastic Derby game to look forward to, Dunfermline Athletic v Kelty Hearts. Maybe they`ll consider us "the wee team" as they streak past us into the Championship next season. As for Raith Rovers, maybe their best players would be less inclined to see the Pars as a decent prospect. Humble pie all round it seems.

Stupid post. Kelty won’t get anywhere near us next season.

Yes we’re in a bad place just now but there miles away from our level, you only have to ask a certain ex pars player and he’ll tell you that himself
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 8 May 18:02

Kelty will win that league next season the best we will get is playoffs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 8 May 18:31

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sun 8 May 18:02

Kelty will win that league next season the best we will get is playoffs

They genuinely won’t
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 8 May 18:32

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 08 May 17:57

Quote:

Stupid post. Kelty won’t get anywhere near us next season.

Yes we’re in a bad place just now but there miles away from our level, you only have to ask a certain ex pars player and he’ll tell you that himself

Think you’ll find they’re at the same level as us next season certainly not miles away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 May 18:40

Think they will do okay next season but not top 3. There’s a big jump in level into league 1, just as much as there is into the top half of championship.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 8 May 19:11

Cove were 3rd in their first season and champions the next, Montrose were 4th in their first season, Arbroath were 4th and then champions and Queens Park could have successive promotions too. All depends on their squad at the time but don`t underestimate confidence and momentum. If they get off to a good start then they could have a decent season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:23

I think Kelty will have a decent season. I`d put a bet on that they beat us in at least one of the four games. They could win the league or finish eighth, I really couldn`t guess.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 8 May 20:25

If Kelty are so good, why has Thomson applied for the Raith job?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 8 May 21:02

Kevin Thomson has never hidden that Kelty are a starting point in his career, and he aims to go as high a possible. Raith would be a stepping stone. The board and owner at Kelty are fully aware of his ambitions, what manager doesn’t have ambitions.
Kelty will be in or around the play offs next season if the matches against Montrose this season were anything to go by they will do ok especially with a few additions and good use of loan market which they done well this season with, as most of existing squad is already in place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Sun 8 May 21:58

Quote:

This must be a wind up looking forward to playing Kelty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 8 May 22:10

I`m more frightened of what Falkirk will do to us next season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 May 23:02

Not a wind up fergie, just maybe some light hearted relief from all of the deep depression and recriminations being vented elsewhere and also perhaps an early attempt to lift the head and let things sink in regarding our new situation.

Our renewed rivalry with Falkirk will indeed add a bit of spice to proceedings but on current form and even if we got a whole set of new players and new manager, who`s to say we won`t end up in a similar situation to Falkirk who haven`t bounced back and who may be there for some time to come.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 8 May 23:51

That’s depressing.

What’s worse is if we don’t recruit decent manager, coaches and players, they may well finish above us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 May 01:24

Well nevertenyairds experience tells me there ain`t no guarantees. Falkirk changed managers several times on their way down and we`ve made wholesale changes to team and managers and it hasn`t led to success but abject failure. Building a team with skill and character takes time and application. One of our big failings has been winning games away from home. It takes character to do that and for several years now we haven`t been doing that. We won precious few games at home but far less away. I can only remember two. If we start from scratch again it is highly unlikely that we will form a decent working outfit capable of winning the league. Depressing? I guess it is but the whole preceeding season has been depressing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 May 07:06

"If Kelty are so good, why has Thomson applied for the Raith job?"

Where to start with that? How about there`s no concrete evidence he has? Given how reluctant people are to talk about rumours here it seems a bit odd that this one is taken as gospel. And even if he did, it`s a move up a division and a move to a full time club. Bizarre take.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 9 May 11:03

Agree with that paralex, it’s been depressing right from the point Grant was made bookies favourite. A few wee rays of sunshine along the way but overall it’s been dark clouds from that moment on.

I wouldn’t mind a two year project team, clear the lot out, get someone decent in charge and set a solid foundation. Make the playoffs this season coming and win it next. I’d take that now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 9 May 11:16

`... get someone decent in charge,,,`

That`s the hard bit!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 9 May 11:32

Don’t think we have to look too far to find a manager with zero ambition on and off the park.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 9 May 12:37

"If Kelty are so good, why has Thomson applied for the Raith job?"

Where to start with that? How about there`s no concrete evidence he has? Given how reluctant people are to talk about rumours here it seems a bit odd that this one is taken as gospel. And even if he did, it`s a move up a division and a move to a full time club. Bizarre take.

He has applied. You`ll just have to accept my word on that.

My point is that some on dot net think that Kelty will soon be above the Pars and have been saying it for a number of months. If Thomson genuinely thought Kelty were going places, then surely he would want to be part of that?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 9 May 14:51

Kelty will finish middle of the pack next season and I think they`ll see that as a good season. I`d stick my bottom dollar on KT leaving them in the summer which will impact them. Not sure where he`ll end up but I`d say he`ll definitely leave. He got down to the last two for the Killie job, only beaten by Derek McInnes so there`ll be a move somewhere.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net