DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dorrans Away
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:29

BBC reported that he’s potentially retiring and is about to enter negotiations regarding the final year of his contract.

Best for all parties I’d say.

Post Edited (Mon 09 May 20:35)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dorrans Away
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:54

He has been a class player in his day. I was quite excited when he joined, I was imagining the team being built around him, with him pulling the strings and setting up goal after goal for Wighton, O`Hara and Todorov, as we powered our way to the title.
Didn`t realise he was on his last legs though, it`s a pity.
Not sure how that works, retiring with a year on the contract. In most other jobs that would mean not getting paid but I guess they club have to come to an agreement to pay off his contract early, or otherwise he could just sit it out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:57

Waste of a jersey. A very expensive jersey. Don’t want him to retire though, Hope he signs for another league 1 club so he can be “thanked” for his efforts this season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:57

Yes, like you was a real class act, if he didn`t play WBA would lose basically.

His legs aren`t up to it, has to happen to all players at some point, pity he couldn`t dictate play for us.

Good luck to him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:05

Was delighted when he signed, gutted it didn`t work out. He was far from as bad as some people make out, yet other guys in the team get pass marks because they run about a lot. I get it, highest earner, biggest name/previous experience and captain but far from the worst to pull on the jersey this season.

Wish him well!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:28

Wasn`t convinced when he signed. Dundee fans said his legs had gone and I think their form improved when they dropped him towards the end of last season.

Two year deal was frankly bizarre and an entirely self inflicted financial burden.

All water under the bridge and wish him well for the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:37

Only thing he did of note this season was the spat he had with the fans.

This is good news unless we have to pay up a chunk of his last year.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:38

Not as good as I had hoped, better than he was given credit for. Stepped up in both games against Queens Park - just a shame not many others did or, in DT`s case, were not given the chance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:43

Not arsed, not good enough, poor captain. Good riddance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:45

Wasn,t the leader i thought he would be, probably retiring because he would have to play with Chalmers next season

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:50

Best player on the park on Saturday and probably covered more grass than anyone ?
Didn’t see any evidence of his legs having gone. ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:51

He should be made to work like the rest of us. Done absolutely nothing to deserve any kind of pay off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:53

As usual he`s to blame for everything that went wrong this season.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 May 21:54

It’s utter bollox, da no 1.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 May 22:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 9 May 21:54

Correct

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 9 May 22:44

I too think some of the criticism of him is overly harsh. One of our better players in the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Mon 9 May 22:58

e: Dorrans Away
Posted from the iOS app Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend
Date: Mon 9 May 21:54

Agree!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 10 May 00:25

Don’t think his relationship with fans recovered from that spat at Ayr. And he could have chosen to be the bigger person and help bury the hatchet. He didn’t seem interested in having a good rep with the fan base which made it hard for him. Performance wise, he just didn’t hit the expectations someone of his calibre should. Don’t think he has more than 2 league wins to his name. If he’s offski, good move for the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:08

He looked finished when he played for Dundee, wasn’t hopeful when we offered him a 2 year deal. Hopefully he goes and costs us nothing. Showed a lack of respect to the club and fans. Never deserved the honour of being DAFC captain. Good riddance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:13

Isn`t the title of this thread a tad misleading?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:23

should have been sacked after the Ayr game, injured half the year and his only great game was away to QOTS. Thanks for nothing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:29

Hope your employer is sympathetic to you if you happen to get hurt at your work, Ross?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:46

`...should have been sacked after the Ayr game,...`

For answering back to fans who were shouting abuse at him as he came off the park? On the question of footballing ability some fans wouldn`t recognise a footballer if he nutmegged them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:49

It hasn`t worked out.

No doubting his technique and I have no concerns about his work rate either but where is his best position these days? He is not a number 10, he simply isn`t direct enough, can`t dribble past players and his main instinct when receiving possession is to play a simple, backwards or sideways pass. You could use him as a deep lying midfielder, getting the ball moving and from time to spraying it forward. There is never any need for him and Joe Chalmers in the same football team! But again, playing him there, means two more orthodox, box-to-box central midfielders in front of him, and it is hard enough finding even one decent one!

He wasn`t a captain either, I am sure he set a great example in training, helped with organisation on the pitch but there was not enough visible fire or leadership for me on display from him. It is lacking throughout the squad, fittingly summed up with that free-kick right at the end of Queens Park game on the end of the box...who would you expect to step up and take it Dorrans or Lawless given that Thomas wasn`t on the pitch (and Chalmers although he hasn`t shown any promise with these)...Coll Donaldson...both Dorrans and Lawless subbed off before it was taken, Dorrans should have told Hughes to hold off and had the bottle to take it, the guy can shoot, he is the experienced player.

I don`t think he really wants to be here, and so is probably best for both parties if he moves on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:49

By the looks of it yogi couldn’t know a footballer if he nutmegged him by signing boys like Polworth and Chalmers

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Tue 10 May 11:26

Incredible how much leeway guys like Dorrans are getting with the absolute sh1te they’ve showed this season. Get them all to **** and couldn’t care less about the rest of their careers. The mentality of this club is shot to bits
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Tue 10 May 12:50

Good player in his day, but time for him to retire now. A mistake to sign him, all the noise last season was that he was past it, yet we signed him.

He was being played on reputation and possibly his training ability. Hughes said he and Dom were the best two players, but Dorrans didnt do anything of note in any games that i can think of (he was hard done by in that accies game of course) so why Pybus lost his place to him....Hughes just remembered he was once good.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 13:11

Pybus was injured for the first play-off game and may not have been 100% fit for the second game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Tue 10 May 17:39

Good riddance. Awful captain of our club.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net