DAFC.net
Home 03 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player still under contract
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 1 May 15:49

Is there a list of players that are still under contract after the end of this season?.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player still under contract
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 1 May 17:57

Mehmet, Comrie, Macdonald, Breen, Edwards, Todd, Dorrans, Allan, Chalmers, O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, McCann.

Fenton.

Cole and Pybus both have 1 year options.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 1 May 18:15

Shudders at above list

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:35

Quote:

GJS93, Sun 1 May 17:57

Mehmet, Comrie, Macdonald, Breen, Edwards, Todd, Dorrans, Allan, Chalmers, O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, McCann.

Fenton.

😔 Cheers GJS
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sun 1 May 21:37

That list is grim

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 1 May 23:03

What happens to contracts if we`re relegated? Is it standard to have a % wage drop built in?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 2 May 07:50

Depends what`s written in each contract. Agents would have been pushing for a wage rise for next year if the team had got promoted that`s for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 2 May 13:42

"That list is grim"

could say the same about the list of possible signings/out of contract players up here and thats not even taking in to account what division we would be in.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:19

Scary stuff, surely chalmers and the young boys that had contracts extended this year will have clauses for cuts should the worst happen.

Only chalmers and dorrans have regularly got a game under yogi, if yogi stays on then I’d imagine he’ll need to find a way to move the other players on who he clearly doesn’t fancy and hasn’t been able to get them playing for him.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 2 May 16:47

Why would they want to cut the contracts of the young boys whose contracts were extended during the season? That would go against the stated policy of developing young players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 20:11

I meant pay cuts not contract cuts. The use of the word clause is a big give away!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 2 May 21:02

Our young players will be on a pittance relatively speaking. So yeah let`s cut their wages in half. Great plan.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Mon 2 May 21:25

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/dunfermline-athletic/

Don`t know how accurate this is but you can check salary of football teams here.
Dorrans on £2200 a week
Mehmet on £1400 a week
The rest around 750-500

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Mon 2 May 21:37

If Mehmet is really on that the whole BoD should resign!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 2 May 22:17

If the rest of the players are on 750-500 then some agents have really dropped the ball!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 May 22:40

Quote:

forever black and white, Mon 2 May 21:25

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/dunfermline-athletic/

Don`t know how accurate this is but you can check salary of football teams here.
Dorrans on £2200 a week
Mehmet on £1400 a week
The rest around 750-500

You might as well have just dribbled on your keyboard. What a lot of absolute p*sh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 3 May 06:40

That`s the same website that had Robinson on 650k a year when he was Motherwell manager

I don`t understand why people post this gash on forums, there`s enough topics to comment on without forwarding stuff that`s nonsense.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 3 May 08:34

There’s nothing wrong with him posting the link. Stop being an r se

Post Edited (Tue 03 May 08:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 08:40

There is plenty wrong when it`s complete fabrication & it`s not being an a rse to point it out!

There is no way we`re paying Dorrans over 2k a week. If you believe that then you really need to have a lie down.

Post Edited (Tue 03 May 08:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 3 May 09:22

I’ve heard that Dorrans isn’t far off 2k a week

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Tue 3 May 09:29

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 3 May 09:22

I’ve heard that Dorrans isn’t far off 2k a week

I heard that at start of season from someone who knows someone in the club. Heard we also gave him decent money, 5k I believe, to relocate here as a sort of signing on bonus
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 3 May 09:33

Yeah heard that too, after the carry on at the ayr United game , Dorrans wanted to rip his contract up but got told he’d have to hand his signing on fee back and that’s why he’s still here

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 09:33

Plenty wrong with posting info that`s completely made up, people believe it and act irrationally, internet`s gold for this.

Nobody heard anything what players earn ever. Why would anyone who knew the individual salaries ( and there are few) say this?

The end of year accounts give the total salaries....you can work out from that that there are no players earning high wages football wise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 10:31

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 3 May 09:33

Yeah heard that too, after the carry on at the ayr United game , Dorrans wanted to rip his contract up but got told he’d have to hand his signing on fee back and that’s why he’s still here

That’s when I heard it to and same with wanting his contract ripped up. Wish it had been to be honest
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 10:40

Who chooses to believe this guff? Honestly...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 10:51

Yes must be true, a player that played in the English Prem for what, 10 years and Rangers for 3 is terrified of quitting because of a `signing on fee` that would be small beer to him, in fact his salary here is probably an irrelevance to him

I don`t care about what players earn etc. But if we sign a player I would be astonished if we didn`t pay relocation fees, or bare minimum the flights to get here. I started my job in Malta, the company pays flights, starting accommodation etc. I don`t know if 5K covers flights for an entire family from Australia to Scotland, but won`t be far off

Ridiculous.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 May 16:56

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 3 May 10:40

Who chooses to believe this guff? Honestly...

Where did I say I believed the salary and rumours I heard???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 7 May 22:19

Try 2.5k and would be bang on the money with what dorrans gets a week that came from a source who’s actually seen minutes from the board meetings who they have seen them is probably a question best left to the person who hits send oh the email that they get sent out with after each meeting

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Sun 8 May 00:35

Some of the stuff on here is comical, so now there’s minuted board meetings where they openly discuss and publicise a players salary? 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 01:56

For me who I would keep and who I would let go.

Jacob 8/10 would love it if we could extend his loan for a further season.
Mehmet 5/10 poor distribution can’t believe he is one of the highest earner’s. He wasn’t even getting a game at United. Get rid of we can.
1st team Goalkeeper required.

Aaron Comrie 7/10 reliable could attack more and link with midfield
Matty Todd 8/10 not naturally a right back but has done ok
MacDonald 3/10 apparently the best crosser of the ball at the club. Would be 3rd choice right back

Edwards 7/10 been ever present most of the season and been mr consistent. Was a big miss yesterday.
Martin 4/10 injury prone and not fully fit. Need better cover for the left back slot. I would allow him to leave.

Donaldson 8/10 after a shaky start. Best CH at the club. Would love to extend his loan or sign him if possible.
Breen 4/10 injury prone. Not seen enough of him to see what he can do. Think he is lacking in confidence. Get him fit and give him a chance it could work out either way.
Ambrose 6/10 his time has come and gone. Lacks pace and is prone to making mistakes at times. Return him to his parent club.

Pybus 9/10 best player this season. Gives it his all. Great at sitting just in front of defence to protect them. Can’t believe he was dropped to the bench yesterday.
Dorrans 5/10 injury prone. His legs have gone. Waste of a jersey. One of the highest earners try to get rid if possible.
Allan 6/10 did really well at the start of the season so definitely potential. One for the future.
Polworth 7/10 was expecting better. Get him back to Killie.
Chalmers 5/10 can’t believe we paid a fee for him. Ayr seen us coming. Struggled to get into a poor Ayr team yet walks into ours.

Dom Thomas 9/10 our best player by far. Think this season has been frustrating for him Woking with PG & JH. Think he has signed up somewhere else. All the best Dom good luck.
Lawless 7/10 past his best. Tried and gave it his all. Glimpses of quality but not enough.
Dow 4/10 no the same player when he came back from injury. His time is up in a pars jersey.

O’Hara 6/10 runs around a lot but not really effective. Needs to add goals can’t play with 1 up top. I would like to see him playing as part of 2 Up top with Todorov or McCann.
Todorov 5/10 started the season well banging in the goals. -robably deserves a chance especially after scoring against Ayr.
McCann 6/10 been given a chance and hasn’t taken it. Would benefit a year out on loan.

Reece Cole, Leon Jones, Kamwa - not good enough.

Who I would like to keep - GK Jacob, RB Todd & Comrie LB Edwards, CH Donaldson, MID Dom Thomas, Pybus, CF O’Hara. Fvfee

Fenton.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 8 May 13:34

"Mehmet, Comrie, Macdonald, Breen, Edwards, Todd, Dorrans, Allan, Chalmers, O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, McCann.

Fenton.

Cole and Pybus both have 1 year options."

Think Mehmet would be fine for League One but will he want to stay and cab we afford his wages? Probably looking at 2 new goalkeepers and a third youth player as cover.

Comrie, Breen, Edwards all should be fine for League One but it wouldn`t be a shock if a Championship club took a punt on Comrie and possibly Edwards and it might mean letting one to go to free up some wages. MacDonald is clearly decent at this level but after being punted on loan and shifted about positionally he might want to leave.

Hopefully we take up Pybus on his extra year and he wants to stay, but he might get a move to a Partick or Inverness since they`ll be able to pick him up for free presumably. Can`t see Dorrans staying to play League One, he might retire or go into coaching as I can`t see anyone desperate to sign him. Which is a shame as he still has a lot to offer I think if played in the right system. Stuck with Chalmers unfortunately bur you`d think he should be OK I`m League One. Quite why we`d need to have a slow as a tanker backwards and sideways passer in a side going for promotion is another question. Allan might get more game time but I`m not yet convinced. Cole you`d imagine will be offski.

Mad to think we still have those four forward signed up for next season. You`d think at least one, if not two (Wighton and Todarov) will be released or sold but McCann and O`Hara should be able to pitch in with goals in League One. Will they get enough between them though?

So it looks like 1-3 keepers, 2 or 3 centre backs, a centre mid, 2 wingers and a striker needed at the bare minimum and that`s without anyone else leaving.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par-timer  
Date:   Mon 9 May 22:56

I realise that this will not be the majority view, but I have really enjoyed the home games in 2022, despite the obvious disappointment of relegation, and hope that JH stays on as manager, to guide this talented if underperforming list of retained players to League One success and beyond.
In the previous five and a half years in the Championship, from my seat towards the back of the Norrie I have winced at the turgid fare that has been served up in the name of sporting entertainment from the previous three coaches. Under both AJ and SC, the main tactic seemed to be to pass the ball across the back four, in the modern style, but so slowly (everyone taking a touch to trap the ball before playing the safe and obvious pass to the next defender) that the opposition could merely amble across to the other side of the pitch, meaning that the full back had no easy ball to play by the time the ball eventually reached him. Inevitably, at one stage in this utterly boring procession of side-to-side passing, one pass would be even more of a trundler than those proceeding it, leading to the opposition centre-forward darting forward half-heartedly to press the ball. The panicking centre-half (Ashcroft/Watson/Murray etc) would either send the ball back to our keeper, whose own hurried clearance would often find touch, or he would hoof the ball aimlessly and pointlessly in the direction of our diminutive centre-forwards, leaving us fighting for a midfield second ball at best. Only the pitiful standard of the opposition, some occasionally inventive wingplay (eg Fraser Aird, Joe Cardle) when the full-back did have time to pick them out with a pass, and some natural goalscorers (such as Kevin Nisbet) enabled us to stay up each year despite the really poor entertainment on offer.
Things reached a new nadir with PG this season, adding a third centre half to the keepball, with the result that there was one home game where we didn’t even register an effort on target, as the confidence sapped from the three recognised strikers who seemed to have no idea what was expected of them in that formation.
The home games under Yogi were not only the most entertaining for years with stats for shots on goal and on target improved, but there was also a clear system in place. By playing three in centre midfield, the Pars would often have the extra man and by playing the ball from one of the afore-mentioned defensive passing movements the ball could either (for variety) be sent into the channel for O’Hara to chase, the wingers having dropped into midfield to leave the space for him, or (more usually) passed into one of the defensive midfield players (eg Pybus, Dorrans or Chalmers), the other two midfield players (one of those mentioned plus Polwarth in the more attacking role of the three in recent games) moving into space for an easy pass or one-two and (potentially) creating a scoring opportunity every time we had possession.
In other words, with the two wingers coming narrow

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 May 23:02

Pt 2 In other words, with the two wingers coming narrow, the ball could be quickly worked through triangles to create a shooting chance on the edge of the area, or (if he made a run!) to slide the ball through to the striker (O’Hara). If the opposition full-backs were forced infield to pick up the wingers, as was often the case, although the central route was now blocked, plan B was now on, i.e. to go back (to groans from the less tactically-literate in the crowd) to the ball-playing centre-half (usually Donaldson) to ping a fifty yard diagonal ball to one of the two attacking full-backs (Todd and Edwards), who would be able to scamper unimpeded towards the box and create panic in the retreating defence.
There were clearly home matches where this worked a treat (Partick being the most obvious example, but Morton and Raith would be other examples), and even against QOTS and QP we dominated the first half with this tactic, although not scoring anything like the number of goals we should have done.
Because we lost those last two crucial games, there are many who want a(nother) change of style, but from my viewpoint, what a relief it was after five years of predictable stalemate and aimless hoofball to see the Pars actually playing passing football, outwitting the opposition and creating chances. The reason that the tactic didn’t work was not a flaw with the plan but with its execution, with several players lacking the confidence or ability to make it work.
Whilst O’Hara was busting a gut in every game effort-wise, he lacked the pace to outsprint (and sometimes the guile to outwit) athletic but limited centre halves, and when he did get the ball in the channel and play it back to a supporting midfielder, he would frustratingly stay out wide rather than heading into the danger zone. So, when the ball was eventually crossed in, it was usually cleared by the first defender, and if a shooting opportunity was eventually worked for a midfielder in the “D” (there being no-one in the box to cross to), by the time they took a first touch (groan), the chance for a clean shot was gone.
Then there was the lack of confidence of certain players in their role. Our last few seasons were illuminated (and ultimately saved) by maverick wingers (Higgy, Aird, Thomas) dropping a shoulder and curling a shot into the top corner, yet Thomas, Lawless and Dow seemed to lack the confidence to fully back themselves in this situation for much of the second half of the season. As for the midfield three, although Pybus won back possession countless times, Chalmers was always available, could actually play intelligent one-touch football and rarely wasted a pass (although perhaps not enough of these were forward!), the third (more attacking) midfield role is where things went awry. Dorrans continued to look ponderous on his return, for all his excellent reading of the game, whilst for all his hard-running Polwarth never looked anything but a fish out of water in the adv

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 May 23:03

Pt 3 The real success was the full-backs: Todd and Edwards moved forward intelligently and their first touch was generally at least adequate in controlling the crossfield balls when they were in an advanced position - doing a very passable impression of Robertson and Alexander-Arnold at this level – but when they looked up there didn’t seem to be any cohesive plan of what they were supposed to do next: was there supposed to be a runner across the first defender at the near post (O’Hara)? Sometimes there was, sometimes there wasn’t. Should there be a winger on their shoulder to knock it sideways to? It wasn’t clear. Would there be anyone attacking the six-yard box? The back post? Arriving at the edge of the box? It all seemed a bit of a lottery, and inevitably the full-backs either had to cut back to allow others to eventually join the attack, or their cross was fizzed blindly across the box without anyone looking likely to get a touch. This, however, should be fairly easily rectified, and I can see us scoring a lot of goals this way next season if this formation, tactic and full-back personnel are persisted with.
Despite the flaws in the execution of this tactical plan, because of the consequent improved home form we would still have stayed in the division were it not for our woeful away form, where clearly there wasn’t such an effective strategy, something for the manager to work on in the summer, and for the untimely injuries to key players, meaning that the in-form likes of Pybus, Donaldson, McCann and Edwards were either missing or having to play when significantly less than 100% fit in the run-in and play-offs. And of course, the lack this year of a 10+ goal a season striker (McManus, Clark, Nisbet) always willing to take a pop at goal, was a problem throughout the season, save for McCann’s all-too-brief spell up front.
The players we have contracted for next season – with the addition, hopefully, of an extension to Pybus’ contract and - please God - the permanent signing of Donaldson (who ten years after his Livi debut is only just clocking up 200 appearances but seems to have now found a club where his talents are appreciated) – give me hope of more successfully entertaining times ahead. Edwards, Todd, Chalmers, Pybus and even O’Hara have a place in a team playing fast, attacking, exciting football, and the newly bulked up and more confident McCann could reprise his wing role, and use his aerial prowess against punier full-backs. Paul Allan is no stranger to the passing game, and like Breen and MacDonald, should do well in League One. Based on his performance in the QP game, I think that Dow would also do well at that level and might be worth a contract offer, despite a very inconsistent season this term.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 May 23:04

Final bit! However, there are some players under contract or option who don’t really fit into Hughes’ way of playing, and won’t fancy another year on the bench at this stage of their career (Todorov, Wighton, Dorrans, Comrie and Cole) and could make the wise decision to move on, whilst other loanees and short contract players (Polwarth, Ambrose, Lawless, Kamwa) whom even JH would probably admit didn’t work out will presumably not be pursued any further, leaving space in the squad for much-needed additions (another centre-half, a winger, another striker, and an attacking centre mid who can run, pass and shoot).
The easy decision would be to punt JH and bring in another manager to try yet another system, with the obvious risk of it not immediately working and the vultures circling again by the end of September. There is a club just over the Kincardine Bridge which has shown the wisdom of constantly sacking managers over the past few years. However, even though we have been relegated, for me there have been enough signs in vastly improved home tactics since his appointment to show that Yogi could well create a very successful team based around exciting young players (Todd, McCann, Edwards etc) who have finally shown their potential under his leadership. After all, is this not what our German investors were hoping for?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 10 May 06:28

Wow, nice of you to post John. Are you resigning or what?

Entertaining? Chslmers keeping the ball? Intelligent diagonals? Thanks for claiming I`m tactically less literate in that rambling pike of steaming horse manure too by the way. Very nice. No, the crowd aren`t moaning when we keep possession playing it backwards, mostly the moans and groans were when we were in a good position and went backwards, or when the ball went backwards without the player looking forwards or when there was a viable forward ball on, or when we were chasing a goal or when by slowing things down we allowed the opposition time to get back into their defensive structure. I could talk tactics all day with you if you like, so get off your high horse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 10 May 07:03

That’s quite a post from par-timer. Certainly must get the award for the longest ever?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 10 May 07:31

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 10 May 07:03

That’s quite a post from par-timer. Certainly must get the award for the longest ever?

True Raymie, pity it was full of nonsense tho 🤷‍♂️

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 10 May 08:25

I stopped reading after they said that it was better than the tactics under AJ and SC, because their style involved slowly passing it around the defence. That’s exactly what we’ve been watching. Then when it got to Lawless, he’d immediately turn backwards and pass it back to the defenders - this happened even when we needed a goal, very regularly. It was horrendous to watch.

Haven’t read the rest, so won’t comment on that.

Edit to add: I’ve read it now… O’Hara lacks pace? McCann would make a good winger? Thomas lacks confidence? I get that we all see things differently, but this is wildly different to what everyone else seems to see.

Post Edited (Tue 10 May 08:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Tue 10 May 08:40

A well written attempt at rewriting the past.

Post Edited (Tue 10 May 08:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 10 May 08:43

Obviously we don`t know specifics but Adam is getting around £4k a week at Dundee and that was recently disclosed in court under the new laws for fines being based relative to income.

So given the similar profile in age, full internationalist, ex English premier league etc etc then that figure for Dorrans isn`t that far fetched IMO.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Tue 10 May 08:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:22

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Tue 10 May 08:43

Obviously we don`t know specifics but Adam is getting around £4k a week at Dundee and that was recently disclosed in court under the new laws for fines being based relative to income.

So given the similar profile in age, full internationalist, ex English premier league etc etc then that figure for Dorrans isn`t that far fetched IMO.

When did the new laws re fines come into force?
This is something I suggested on a thread years ago and got shot down.
I based my point on wealthy folk getting fined £30 for parking illegally. Hardly a deterrant. Poor folk on the other hand.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:34

2.5k p/w! 😮

2 year deal x 52 weeks x 2.5k = £260k before any PAYE etc

There`s the widely reported Kevin Nisbet transfer fee gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:51

If that`s true about Dorrans then that just sums up this board.

I don`t know what Ohara has left but I do know for a fact, before Rovers brought in Goodwillie they sounded him out about going there. He wanted to go due to not getting game time but wasn`t allowed due to Wighton going to Arbroath.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:00

O’hara would bang them in, in this league in a team with any quality in midfield and who played with 2 up top. Makes loads of intelligent runs on shoulder of last man but has to watch our midfield turn back to the defenders who eventually hoof it and he’s left chasing down lost causes or trying to win headers against players a foot taller than him.

I’m embarrassed at how we’ve asked o’hara to play. We might aswell have not played with a striker.

We signed all the youngsters up for another year, Todd at right back is a decent option but the others should be put on loan. Mccann has to massively improve to be a regular starter if we want to compete next year.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:22

A League 1 side putting players out on loan? Maybe we do have ideas above our station.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:28

Wish O`Hara had banged it in when he only had the keeper to beat in injury time on Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:51

O`Hara`s finishing like his touch is pretty erratic, his movement is good and quite often his runs are not picked out, but there isn`t much evidence to suggest he is capable of banging in goals in the Championship. For a start he can rarely muster much power in his shooting, he misses quite a lot of easy chances, he doesn`t have the technique to dribble past defenders (and doesn`t even try to) and whenever he gets the ball down a channel, regardless of how much time or space he has, he just stops and waits to play the ball backwards.

Like a lot of our squad he is decent but no more, no less. In a better team, playing each week, he might score a few more goals but he`s hardly a guy that any team above the middle of the Championship would even be looking at.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:56

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 10 May 18:00

O’hara would bang them in, in this league in a team with any quality in midfield and who played with 2 up top. Makes loads of intelligent runs on shoulder of last man but has to watch our midfield turn back to the defenders who eventually hoof it and he’s left chasing down lost causes or trying to win headers against players a foot taller than him.

I’m embarrassed at how we’ve asked o’hara to play. We might aswell have not played with a striker.

We signed all the youngsters up for another year, Todd at right back is a decent option but the others should be put on loan. Mccann has to massively improve to be a regular starter if we want to compete next year.

Do you like any of our players Berkey? I`ve never heard you say anything good about any Pars player. Ever.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 10 May 19:02

Wighton will do very well I’d imagine if he stays with us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 10 May 19:13

O` Hara was 3rd top scorer behind Shankland and Nisbet in his last season at Alloa. On his debut I liked the look of him ,looked to play on the shoulder and although he was caught offside too many times the intent was there. He was kind of in and out the team after that which is good for nobody. His touch needs improvement but I reckon he would do well as part of a 2. Plenty to work on but at age 23 his best years could be ahead of him? Even though we have hardly been free scoring and he has been in and out the team he has scored 20 goals in 44 starts which isn`t too bad?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Tue 10 May 19:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 10 May 18:56

Quote:

Do you like any of our players Berkey? I`ve never heard you say anything good about any Pars player. Ever.

Did you not read the post? He complimented O’Hara.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 10 May 19:29

Topic Originator: Vamos Pars like
Date: Tue 10 May 19:16

Quote:

Quote:

Is that Nob end no 1 having a go at someone again?

Post Edited (Tue 10 May 19:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 10 May 20:20

I`d stick with the players under contract and hope another fiddler gets a different tune out of them. Not keen on Donaldson, Ambrose, Polworth, Chalmers or Lawless.
There is a reason they couldn`t get games for the struggling teams they joined us from.
Really wish we had kept a hold of Vitas and McDonald when he was loaned out.
Wighton has a fantastic touch but the style we have played has not suited him at all, to be fair it hasn`t suited anyone.
Think we need a strong keeper and two quick centrehalves, hardy centre midfielder and any two out of our four strikers hitting a bit form. The team has been skinless in every aspect this season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 20:39

Geez DA is that we always clash? You can’t actually read?

While there was no reason why o’hara didn’t pass or hit the target in his chance in the first half I can only assume he was absolutely buggered when that chance fell to him at the end and that was all he had left.

O’hara does have a suspect first touch which means having him come short isn’t the best but I’d imagine If he was running onto the ball he would do better and has that valuable pace which will serve him well next season if we punt hughes and set ourselves up properly.

Next season I would like to think toddy and o’hara could do some damage, depends on what we get in across the midfield I guess.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 20:59

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Tue 10 May 19:16

Quote:

Quote:

Yep hands up. Apologies Berkey boy 🙈

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net