DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 5pm and not a peep
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Mon 9 May 17:07

Oh well...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 5pm and not a peep
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 9 May 17:24

You know how the club work. It`l be July 10th and they`ll announce Yogi is leaving.

In all honesty, I`d be gobsmacked if we announced anything today. This week, 100% that is the bare minimum that the club communicate with the fans, give an update on players, management etc but if the board meeting was only happening today and might not even be finished then unlikely anything comes out today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 9 May 17:56

There was a plume of black smoke over EEP earlier this evening

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 9 May 17:58

Quote:

DrumRoad, Mon 9 May 17:56

There was a plume of black smoke over EEP earlier this evening

Yeah my dieselgate German VW motor backfired. Apologies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 9 May 18:02

There’s always a meeting on a Monday…..

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 9 May 18:40

Regardless of the decision regarding Hughes, there will be some sort of statement/update issued. If the meetings took place today, it’s likely they will need to draft a statement up and check it over before releasing it tomorrow at some point.

To be honest, if he is staying, it’s easier to put out a quick statement backing him. If he’s away, it’s likely that we hold off a bit, so that he breaks the news to close friends/family, rather than them finding out on social media.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 9 May 18:43

I thought we would hear something from the club today. Still time I suppose. Up to about 8pm maybe?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 9 May 19:18

I wouldn`t expect an announcement anytime soon. It would be wise to take their time, consider what the long term plan is, and get the right man for the job. Knee Jerk reactions are never great.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 9 May 19:40

I’m not expecting them to announce the new man redstar, just that yogi is gone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:13

Personally I think they`ll keep him on for next season. I fear they won`t want to sack another manager so quickly. I`m trying to get used to the thought of playing one up front against Clyde at home!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:11

It may well be the case we can`t afford to sack Hughes, if we are still paying off Grant, I`d imagine we couldn`t afford to pay him off in a lump sum, to then be paying off Hughes ,Shields and Whittaker ,may be to big an ask , even if it is warranted.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:32

Not only 1 upfront against Clyde but with chalmers strolling about passing it back and sideways in every game as we produce a possession heavy 0-0 if we keep it tight!

It’s yet another cross roads, real worry is that yogi squanders the budget on more dross. Does yogi have the network to bring in up and comers from the lower leagues? Like was the original plan? All we’ve seen him bring in is has beens and benchwarmers.

Surely there was a clause in yogi’s contract that if we went down we could go deprecate ways, he was hardly inundated with offers or with any sort of track record at staying with clubs!

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:40

Looks like he`s staying, but hope I`m wrong.
Surely the money to pay him off is small change out Purvis`s back pocket eh.

That aside, the deal when he came in should have been, keep us in the league we`ll look at a longer deal, go down and it`s cheerio...the guy wasn`t in a job so it should have been easy. If he said no to that then you tell him he`s no got the job, simple.

But this board haven`t made anything simple.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:44

"You know how the club work. It`l be July 10th and they`ll announce Yogi is leaving."

Whatever date - will be celebrated as Thanksgiving Day in the eyes of the Pars support ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:47

There are massive decisions that need to be taken on the future of players, directors and staff.

Surely, you would want that these are given an appropriate level of consideration?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:09

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 10 May 09:47

There are massive decisions that need to be taken on the future of players, directors and staff.

Surely, you would want that these are given an appropriate level of consideration?

Agree with this. I’d imagine a lot of discussions are still ongoing. They need to follow correct processes/procedures and it is clear that the change required isn’t limited to the management team. There may even have been resignations, which threw some spanners into the works. There may have been options discussed and some of our decision makers may have wanted to ‘sleep on it’ and finalise things today. We don’t know what’s going on, but surely there’s no doubt that the board have been reviewing things?

Even if decisions were made yesterday, they’ll have to follow correct processes to terminate contracts/let people know of their decision. It’s important to allow anyone leaving the chance to let family/friends know before publicly announcing it. They may also want to draft any statements a few times, before releasing it. Particularly given the scrutiny our fans have put every recent statement under.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:20

And you are correct to point out that employment law needs to be followed, never mind common decency and courtesy.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:46

"That aside, the deal when he came in should have been, keep us in the league we`ll look at a longer deal, go down and it`s cheerio...the guy wasn`t in a job so it should have been easy. If he said no to that then you tell him he`s no got the job, simple."

And then appoint who? Hughes wasn`t my first choice, but they guys who would have been ahead of them wouldn`t have taken that deal either.

You might be going quite far down a list of candidates until you found someone who would agree to a deal, with the team at the bottom of the league (and with no league wins), where they know they are getting punted with no compensation if they don`t save the club from relegation.

Then say we appoint that manager - then the fans go ballistic for appointing "the cheap option" and someone who is not the best candidate for the job.

The reason it is simple is because you can make the decision with hindsight and using circumstances which don`t reflect reality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 10 May 10:49

Some folk just don`t get it, DA-go. They can`t distinguish between reality and fantasy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 11:32

Would it be normal for a club to announce that it had been decided not to end a manager`s contract?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 11:49

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 10 May 11:32

Would it be normal for a club to announce that it had been decided not to end a manager`s contract?

It’s not uncommon for a ‘vote of confidence’ when fans are voicing displeasure to the levels we saw on Saturday. I think the club have previously put out an end of season review/update from the chairman, which would obviously make clear the position of the manager. Having said that, not sure we did last season? Maybe I’ve made this up. It’s not uncommon for some sort of update after relegation anyway, but the club certainly aren’t under any obligation to do so.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 10 May 12:19

Can’t see an announcement anytime soon, The mismanagement of our club has been laughable.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 10 May 12:28

"I think the club have previously put out an end of season review/update from the chairman, which would obviously make clear the position of the manager. Having said that, not sure we did last season?"

there was the thing in the Courier the Monday or Tuesday after the Raith game about a review but Crawford would remain as manager, no quotes though if i remember rightly. it was the Tuesday after that when they announced Crawford leaving you had the sort of update piece included.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 10 May 12:50

The longer it goes on the less chance we have of snapping up others who are about to be available at the end of contract. Other clubs already a week or so ahead of us in planning players and Queen’s Park snapped up Dom so obviously planning away.

Flip side being that if yogi was always going to stay wouldn`t we have snapped up a few players on a pre contract basis? I know we didn’t know the league we would be in but we would still have a decent budget should the worst happen.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Tue 10 May 14:31

A bit in the Daily Mail today saying Dunfermline will be having a series of reviews over the week looking into what went wrong over the season .
Can save them the time .
Peter grant
1 up front
Rubbish signings
Bad decisions from the BOD.
Think that about covers it .
Oh and yogi slavering pihs.
Only took me 2 mins

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 14:48

Hopefully their reviews will be more rigorous than yours.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Tue 10 May 14:57

But probably no more accurate.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net