DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kevin Thomson
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 11 May 12:28

Been given permission to talk to Raith..

He’s off his head.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin Thomson
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 11 May 12:35

Quote:

par_33, Wed 11 May 12:28

Been given permission to talk to Raith..

He’s off his head.

Why Kelty are at best a low league 1 side. Small ground, small fan base (except on here) where people think there Madrid. Couldn’t sell a bus to there last few away games and preaching about it on socials.

Whatever you think about RR there miles ahead and always will be of kelty hearts
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 11 May 12:49

It could be argued that Kelty is an easier job. Lower expectations, plenty budget etc.

If he wants to be in a role at a "big" team then he needs to prove he can emulate the Kelty success at a team with bigger expectations and a bang average budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:03

Quote:

jake89, Wed 11 May 12:49

It could be argued that Kelty is an easier job. Lower expectations, plenty budget etc.

If he wants to be in a role at a "big" team then he needs to prove he can emulate the Kelty success at a team with bigger expectations and a bang average budget.

Rovers into 3/4th play offs will be successful
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:12

Kelty will challenge for promotion next season so to call them a low league 1 side will prove to be incorrect
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:13

I wouldn’t mind us taking Thomson. Looks like we have probably missed the boat now though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:15

Quote:

Never10yairds, Wed 11 May 13:13

I wouldn’t mind us taking Thomson. Looks like we have probably missed the boat now though.

^^^ He did a great job attracting good quality players to Kelty

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:25

Bit premature to say he`d be a good manager for us or Raith. It`s a total gamble.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:43

Kevin Thomson never attracted the players to Kelty, the money did.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:46

I’d rather give someone up and coming a shot at the pars job than someone from the Scottish merry go round

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 11 May 13:52

It`s a tough call for what Thomson should do next, hard to say if Kelty will continue their ascent, they will eventually find out where their level is. Over the last decade we have seen Dumbarton, Alloa and Arbroath all have good spells in the Championship by being the number one destination for the best part time players. We have seen how well these team can get on, so it`s possible Kelty could go further. Whether he feels Raith are a good stepping stone now. I reckon he will be aiming for a team with plans to get themselves into the Premiership, then will be looking to move on when a job like Hibs or even Rangers is open for him.
I actually think, with his background in Academy coaching, he would be a good fit for us, and really for an ambitious coach who sees what we are putting in place behind the scenes we are also a good opportunity for him. We are a Premiership sized club, just need to prove it now. The only way is up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 11 May 14:02

I only know KT from his media work. He strikes me as articulate, knowledgeable, determined and a good communicator. When he speaks about football I find myself listening and nodding my head. Think he has a bright future and was kinda hoping we`d be interested ourselves. The fact that we aren`t at least wanting to speak to him probably implies that the board are going to persist with Hughes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 11 May 16:47

Would love to see him come to us. An up and coming manager who many expect to manage at a decent level one day. We missed out on Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin and it would be a shame to miss out on him, but unfortunately it looks like this will be the case.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net