DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Joe Cardle on Head It Podcast
Topic Originator: Head It Podcast  
Date:   Mon 9 May 20:25

Alright everyone, apologies the timing of posting this is brutal but I had Joe Cardle on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Clearly loves the Pars and enjoyed his time at the club. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback appreciated👍🏻

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QfT7fjh_TvU

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7Go70LvsDgRf6kuymvtbzg?si=vcpPwRx2Q9CwERJ6narBQA

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-joe-cardle/id1570371231?i=1000560057374

Cheers
Ross

Post Edited (Mon 09 May 20:25)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Joe Cardle on Head It Podcast
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 11 May 18:48

Enjoyed that, if anyone thinks that there`s a crisis at EEP just now you need to listen to Joe`s administration story!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 11 May 20:17

Good listen. Some guy! Willing to play for free during admin. He’s a Pars legend in my opinion.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Wed 11 May 21:30

Let`s get Joe in as a payer/coach that would be a positive start to our new season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 11 May 21:58

The fact he runs an academy for kids but still has current pros turning up for extra sessions I think says a lot.

If his current sessions are mostly after school he could maybe do both?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 11 May 22:13

Cardle should never have been let go in the first place. 100% should have been retained as player/coach.

TBH, if the Pars were to sign all the guys involved in the JC academy they would do well. I`m assuming Airdrie (Dylan Easton) and Stenhousmuir (Nat Wedderburn) are part-time though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Wed 11 May 22:44

Hey if this is a Joe Joe super Joe petition sign me up

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Thu 12 May 20:50

Quote:

purekozma, Wed 11 May 22:44

Hey if this is a Joe Joe super Joe petition sign me up

Why not, who else would be up for Joe`s homecoming 😀
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 12 May 21:02

AJ should never have let Joe go. I’d love to see him back as a player/coach next season. Exactly the sort of move we should be looking to make.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 12 May 21:11

Joe, a good player in a mediocre period for the Pars, but one of the better players in that time. A very nice lad too. Doing great with his coaching as well.

Pars Legend though? Behave. The Jimmy Calderwood squad achieved more, at a much higher level, and I`d not class them as legends either**
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 12 May 22:30

High regard for Gary Caldwell as a manager!🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 13 May 08:38

Pars Legend?

Absolutely.

Member of our last 2 title winning squads. Arguably shouldn’t have left the club on both occasions. Put it this way, I’d argue with Cardle in our squad last season, we don’t go down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 10:45

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, glad you all enjoyed. Was a pleasure having Joe on, clearly has a genuine love for the club. Brilliant to see the academy absolutely flying as well, he clearly puts a lot into it and is passionate about developing young players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 12:31

Quote:

Head It Podcast, Fri 13 May 10:45

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, glad you all enjoyed. Was a pleasure having Joe on, clearly has a genuine love for the club. Brilliant to see the academy absolutely flying as well, he clearly puts a lot into it and is passionate about developing young players.

And that`s the difference with the likes of JC - he loves the club and has that passion. Of course, you need to be a decent player too, which he is. The team needs consistency and needs players who are thinking long term at the club rather than for a few months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 14:01

Absolutely. Will there be a big turnover in players for next season? I am a Livingston fan and in hindsight being relegated to League One was the best thing that ever happened to us in terms of recruitment and signing players who want to be there for the right reasons.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 15:31

That`s my view. Clear out and only have people who REALLY want to be here. They don`t have to be brilliant but my view is that brilliance comes from actually wanting to be part of a team rather than being a star who is just there for the money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 15:36

Hopefully you come back up first time of asking. Been to a few Pars games this season and whilst it`s not been great, always thought you would stay up, crazy to imagine Dunfermline in League One again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 13 May 16:14

In all honesty I think the reason we got relegated this season is 1. The two "managers" that we have had, and 2. The board members who employed them.
The managers tried to get our players playing a certain formation. We the fans knew it was not working, it took so long for the ball to get to the single forward the opposition had time to get back and defend.
The board should have done more research into their employees, that includes many of the signings.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 16:25

Are there any rumours going around about players signing for next season yet? It will be an interesting league next season, probably the toughest League One for as long as I can remember.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 May 16:34

Only rumour around the Pars is Dylan Easton from Airdrie. Did not bad in what was a pretty awful game of football last night. Fairly sure he lives in Dunfermline. He`s a part-time player and I think this is where the Pars will hit problems.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 13 May 16:39

Just listened to the vast majority of this in the van, very much enjoyed it. He didn’t seem to mention AJ at all or how it came about that he left EEP the second time which I was hoping to hear his thoughts on. Just kinda skipped that bit and on to Gary Caldwell at thistle.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net