DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 David Cook
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Mon 16 May 13:40

Hopefully with his knowledge he`s gained in England (Forrest , Everton ect who both have very good youth systems) and the vast amount of contacts he has acquired he can pull a few good rabbits out the hat for us. Hopefully we hear some news starting today from him.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: David Cook
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 16 May 13:52

Hasn`t his previous experience been on the commercial side rather than related to footballing matters?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 May 14:10

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 16 May 13:52

Hasn`t his previous experience been on the commercial side rather than related to footballing matters?

Aye wee Eck but he won`t have work as these clubs without getting to know people on the football side of thing, He`s doing the dual roll so he`ll need to work on the football side too. Unless he's leaving the football side to Thomas fully.

Post Edited (Mon 16 May 14:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 16 May 14:13

Seems very much commercial, which is what we need tbh. We never seem to have fully utilised what we have to offer. I don`t know what the score is with EEP but assume it`s fully let to the Pars and all the money from commercial ventures come back into the club rather than the the company owning EEP?

We`ve got a gym there, a bar, conference facilities, event space etc. I know the stadium gets used for weddings and funerals but I`m sure more could be made of it. Same with sponsorship deals.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 May 14:17

Good point Jake.
I`ve alway thought the bar was never use enough. If I remember right they tried to open the bar longer than just on match days but didn`t really work.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 16 May 14:33

Bring back the paragon club, definitely missed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 16 May 15:37

Quote:

kba, Mon 16 May 14:17

Good point Jake.
I`ve alway thought the bar was never use enough. If I remember right they tried to open the bar longer than just on match days but didn`t really work.

I think they even had a free shuttle between the ground and the town at one point to try and get away from the fact it`s not really close to anything else but it was always really quiet when I was there. As much as it seems like a good idea on the face of it, I`m nor surr there is much demand for a pub there when there`s no match or event on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Mon 16 May 15:39

petition the shop at the transy to start selling proper booze again

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 16 May 16:13

Bring back the paragon club from the 1980’s and shuttle busses for a 15 min walk probably won’t be in his top 100 lads… 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 May 16:24

I don`t think anyone is suggesting he should bring back the shuttle bus as it didn`t work first time round..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 16 May 16:45

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 16 May 16:24

I don`t think anyone is suggesting he should bring back the shuttle bus as it didn`t work first time round..

Neither did the reincarnation of the paragon club a few seasons back

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 16 May 17:11

Quote:

jake89, Mon 16 May 14:13

Seems very much commercial, which is what we need tbh. We never seem to have fully utilised what we have to offer. I don`t know what the score is with EEP but assume it`s fully let to the Pars and all the money from commercial ventures come back into the club rather than the the company owning EEP?

We`ve got a gym there, a bar, conference facilities, event space etc. I know the stadium gets used for weddings and funerals but I`m sure more could be made of it. Same with sponsorship deals.

It’s not been used for football for quite a while 🤔

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 May 17:12

Quote:

back oh the net, Mon 16 May 16:45

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 16 May 16:24

Neither did the reincarnation of the paragon club a few seasons back

I was never too familiar with that to be honest!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 16:39

The extortionate prices they charge in Legends would prevent me from attending at any other time than pre/post match

If the prices were reasonable and they got the Sky sorted out then I would think that it could open before big televised games eg Scotland, Euro finals, big Champs league games, Big domestic games

I would be happy to have a paid membership scheme to give me priority entry which would cover the Sky costs involved

It’s really not that difficult if you want to put the effort in and have a bit of experience on that sort of thing

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 17 May 16:54

100% agree bring back the membership and get legends sorted. Used to be in there every season but not this one.

Beer is expensive and not very good and the only sports bar I know that you watch homes under the hammer.

Been in the 200 club through in kdy and it`s a members bar £30 I think it is with bt sport and sky.

Much better than legends
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 16:54

Keep in mind that even for small pubs the cost to get sports from Sky, BT and Amazon at the pub rates is circa £2.2k a month. That`s quite a lot in membership fees to cover the cost or you`re taking the chance you get enough punters through the door to cover it in drinks sales which would need a fair uptick too.

Post Edited (Tue 17 May 16:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 18 May 06:29

I met David Cook on Monday, along with three colleagues, to discuss the possibility of re-starting the Schools Engagement Programme, which came to an abrupt halt in March 2020, due to the pandemic. He didn`t shy away from the disaster that last season turned out to be and that radical changes are needed to win back disaffected fans. We were all very impressed with the fresh ideas he hopes to introduce in the coming months. It`s obviously not my place to go into any detail on a public forum, so I`ll leave that up to him when he`s good and ready.

One of my colleagues runs Tours for Schools, an initiative which allows upper primary children to visit EEP and see for themselves how the stadium is used throughout the week and the different work opportunities it provides, rather than merely for 90 mins on a Saturday. The kids are usually split into small groups and taken around the stadium by Dave or one of his helpers. Sadly, one of Dave`s helpers, Stuart Arnott, passed away recently and another is too ill to continue. Dave said he might post on here to ask if anyone would be interested in helping him out for a couple of hours on a Tuesday morning, perhaps 10 or 12 times a season. I`ve helped out in the past and it`s very straight forward. You don`t have to be a teacher - none of Dave`s helpers were.

Over to you, Dave. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 06:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pokitren  
Date:   Wed 18 May 07:19

Quite a small expense for a pub, in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 08:14

Quote:

Pokitren, Wed 18 May 07:19

Err... Quite a small expense for a busy pub which opens 7 days a week, perhaps?
Not many about these days.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:19

Quote:

Pokitren, Wed 18 May 07:19

If you look at the profit margin for a pint in a pub it`s often quoted at about 10% to 15% so if you`re selling a pint for £4 that would give you 60p profit a pint (and I think that might be on the high side). That equates to 3667 extra pints (pissibly more) on top of what you would normally sell every month just to break even on the Sports. Is knocking out that many extra beers feasible?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:44

The Allo Allo esque typo was deliberate banter 🙈
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 11:39

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 18 May 09:44

The Allo Allo esque typo was deliberate banter 🙈

😂🤣😂 Never doubted it for a minute, lpf. 😉

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net