DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 FAO Meggle and Co.
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Tue 17 May 10:38

Have a feeling we’ve ****** it as a club letting yogi go (feel we’re gonna bring in a absolute dud) if we don’t get the right replacement we’re finished

Not backing yogi and letting him have his own staff and brining in a cheap dud says everything for me

Hopefully

Ross , Campbell, Thompson or petrie.

Will sadly back whoever but sadly says everything if the above doesn’t happen

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: FAO Meggle and Co.
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:21

We haven`t let him go though have we?.....Yet ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:22

Yogi still in the hot seat at the moment captain, will take the lottery numbers if you have them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:50

Will be gone by tea time after todays board meeting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:53

Yogi has to go but agree the appointment needs to be right.

Campbell, Petrie, Ross or Thomson are all great options who I believe would maximise our chances of success. Good post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:14

I`ll be shot down here but I`m not desperate for Hughes to go. He undoubtedly made mistakes but I`m not sure being known as a club that bins its manager every few months is going to help with future recruitment. There have obviously been issues for some time that he`s not been able to address - we didn`t turn crap when he came in.

I`d say stick for now but that Hughes/Meggle need to come up with a plan for next season asap. New backroom staff obviously a top priority.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:16

Topic Originator: dafc123 like
Date: Tue 17 May 11:50

Will be gone by tea time after todays board meeting.

Jeez, must have been a meeting every single day since we got relegated then the way folk are going on!

Face it, we`re stuck with him.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:22

The decisions already made for a lot of folk that under JH they`re not going back. Up to the BOD if they want to take the financial hit.
Not a penny more will be coming from me or 3 others. We`ve drawn the line. Snooker/Golf Saturday`s are beckoning.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:24

Row ZZ. You’re correct. Keep your pedantic attitude in your bedroom.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigCheese  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:29

Spot on, very worrying not sacking the manager then proceeding to not back him.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:45

I`m honestly not that fussed if Yogi stays or goes.

What I do think is that the club needs to define and execute a better strategic plan. A couple of years ago we were very clear that the strategy was going to be to find talented youngsters, either developing them ourselves or picking them up for cheap from lower league clubs, and selling them on for a profit. That was successful to extent (Nisbet for instance) however was always going to be a bit hit and miss.

We`ve moved away from that strategy now - certainly recruitment over the past 18 months or so has been towards `experienced pros` - Dorrans, Lawless, Chalmers, Polworth, Mehmet, Todorov, Donaldso - which definitely isn`t aligned to the `talented youngsters` approach.

I don`t recall us ever confirming that the strategic approach had changed, but change it did. The problem with that is, I think the coaching set up for the club was set up for the `youngsters` approach, but now the same coaches are having to deal with `experienced pros`, which requires/required a very different approach. It`s my opinion that this confusion contributed significantly to our poor performances.

Whatever happens the board need to define a strategy and commit to it for a couple of seasons. That`s much more than just the manager, hence I`m not too fussed as to whether yogi stays or goes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 17 May 13:51

There’s that Bandy guy talking sense again !

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 13:56

I heard last week that he was going,this week I hear that he’s bringing in Brian Rice as has no2

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 14:25

Quote:

dover par, Tue 17 May 13:56

I heard last week that he was going,this week I hear that he’s bringing in Brian Rice as has no2

Rice is Alloa manager…we paying compensation?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 17 May 15:09

Maybe people are trying to sort out leaks, so have given different information to different people and waiting to see who ‘leaks’ the false info on here/social media?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 15:22

Maybe folk are just making stuff up to wind up others….. just a thought. Or so they appear to be “in the know” if it happens.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 16:40

Alloa were looking in the region of 22k to let Rice go. Pars not prepared to bay that amount.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 17 May 16:44

Very strange since he signed a contract extension on 29th April.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 17:07

Same kids that are posting rubbish on the pars community FB page and ruining it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 17:16

Good Post Bandy

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 17 May 18:50

Quote:

elvis_lives, Tue 17 May 16:44

Very strange since he signed a contract extension on 29th April.

Don`t ruin it by posting facts.

I heard we`re in discussions with the Robert Duvall about a return to East End Park.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 19:27

Bandy I think the idea is to bring in a mix of youth and experience. Hopefully seasoned pro’s who can help young lads learn the game. Whilst that’s not necessarily a bad idea, we need to bring the right players in to do it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:04

Regarding the strategy, I think 3 things happened to change it - two major, one minor.

1 – CoVid. Virtually everyone binned their reserve teams, so that source of talent dried up. As an aside, what long term effects that “lost generation” will have is yet to be seen – what happened to all these players? Did they find a gig in he EoS League or have they given up?

2 – We had some sort of partnership with Jackie McNamara which was to lead to new players – but the three who came (Coley, McGill and Bowman) whilst nice enough lads, didn’t prove good enough, for some reason. Perhaps the academy is to be the principal source in future.

3 – Threatened relegation. I’m not sure what PG’s remit was, but it all went out the window when the BoD pressed the panic button and moved to the short-term plan of avoiding relegation (and if that means signing a lot of experienced players, then so be it). All of the loan players will go back to their parent clubs - I wouldn`t expect to see many return.

Post Edited (Tue 17 May 21:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 May 09:02

I understand the timing was a bit out. But the day of the post was they day he walked.

Reason for the statement being delayed was because of how bad the last few were.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net