DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 They`re all off to sunny Spain....
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:16

According to the BBC, who have been going into overdrive with excitement this week, as many as 100,000 Rangers fans will have descended on Seville for tonight`s Europa League Final with Eintracht.

I sincerely hope I`m wrong, but - win or lose - I fear Scottish football`s image could well take an international battering tonight, with the Follow Follow legions either celebrating their team`s success or drowning their sorrows. My apprehension appears to be shared by Ibrox legends John Grieg and Graeme Souness, who have felt it necessary to come out and ask the fans to remember they are ambassadors of the club and to behave themselves.

If Barcelona and Manchester are anything to go by, their appeal will fall on deaf ears.

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: They`re all off to sunny Spain....
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:25

You`ve only got to look at the shameful scenes from Glasgow at the weekend with Celtic fans congregating in large numbers to celebrate their title win (barely reported by the beeb) to see what old firm supporters are capable of.
Since we are so concerned with the image of Scottish football we`ll all be wanting Rangers to win Scotland`s first European trophy for forty years though eh? 😉

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:26

A new improved Seville calculator has been invented.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:31

`Mon the Frankfurt.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  

Saw videos of lots of Frankfurt hooligans looking for a bit of a scuffle. It`ll be carnage. I think the Guardia Civil will be out in force to stop it becoming like Manchester.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  

"You`ve only got to look at the shameful scenes from Glasgow at the weekend with Celtic fans congregating in large numbers to celebrate their title win (barely reported by the beeb) to see what old firm supporters are capable of"

Shameful scenes? good natured by 99.9% of those in attendance and openly commended by Police Scotland and Glasgow city council. meanwhile ryanair flights are being redirected to offload drunks who are stealing from the drinks trolleys and causing distrurbances before they even set foot on spanish soil.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:48

That was one flight that saw five passengers removed which means the vast majority of flights have been completed without incident. A bit like how the vast majority of Celtic fans were praised at the weekend but six still managed to be arrested and thousands of pounds had to be spent by Glasgow Council on a clean up operation the next day.
If tonight`s game sees no trouble before or afterwards then I suspect there will be many disappointed people in this country.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:54

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 18 May 09:25

You`ve only got to look at the shameful scenes from Glasgow at the weekend with Celtic fans congregating in large numbers to celebrate their title win (barely reported by the beeb) to see what old firm supporters are capable of.
Since we are so concerned with the image of Scottish football we`ll all be wanting Rangers to win Scotland`s first European trophy for forty years though eh? 😉

There were 6 arrests when Celtic supporters were celebrating,
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:58

Genuinely couldn’t care less, I’m busy tonight (I think the game is tonight?) anyway so won’t be watching.

Only wanted to say that rangers win or lose, can’t see how it will make any difference to the pars or reduce the gulf in support/finances between them and the rest of Scottish football

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 09:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 18 May 11:03

Seville bingo:

Heavy handed policing
All in good spirits
Unfair reporting of events
Ticket fiasco
Celtic/local supporters did it
200,000,000 of us outside the stadium
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 May 11:30

The BBC are going overboard about it. Every radio programme seems to have an item about it and they have a few news staff there as well as sports reporters. It will be a novelty for them being able to attend a Rangers media conference.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 11:53

To be fair it is a bit of a big deal in sporting terms in Scotland. Must have been something like 200 or so European club competition finals over the last sixty years and this is only the ninth to feature a Scottish club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:15

I would like Rangers to win it .. Lets hope the fans behave .. Rangers also have the Scottish cup final 3 days later .. That cant be right surely .. Victims of their own success ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:20

I was ambivalent until having to suffer loads of car horns earlier - a workie opposite has rangers gear on and flag…

…and you forget just how many people, within sight of their local team, decide to support someone else club, from the other side of the country - I’ll assume for the associated success and not the associated sectarianism

So kinda switching to think f* them and all their glory hunting support
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:27

Spanish police have confirmed the arrests of five Germans after halting an attempt by Eintracht Frankfurt hooligans to attack Rangers fans.

Riot cops had to intervene after the Germans, many of them wearing balaclavas to mask their faces, began throwing flares at a large group of Rangers supporters enjoying late-night drinks in Seville.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:40

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 18 May 11:53

To be fair it is a bit of a big deal in sporting terms in Scotland. Must have been something like 200 or so European club competition finals over the last sixty years and this is only the ninth to feature a Scottish club.

I think it is the 10th time there has been a Scottish club in a European final, since the start of the European Cup in 1956. Not a bad record for a little country, but becoming more difficult each passing year as the rich clubs get richer.
Rangers 1961, 1967, 1972, 2008, 2022
Celtic 1967, 1970, 2003
Aberdeen 1983
Dundee Utd 1987

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:41

Quote:

DBP, Wed 18 May 12:20

I was ambivalent until having to suffer loads of car horns earlier - a workie opposite has rangers gear on and flag…

…and you forget just how many people, within sight of their local team, decide to support someone else club, from the other side of the country - I’ll assume for the associated success and not the associated sectarianism

So kinda switching to think f* them and all their glory hunting support

There`s a story on the BBC (was on the radio too) about a guy from Nairn who lives in Australia and has travelled to Seville. Since when was Nairn in Glasgow? Now, I`m sure there`s plenty of reasons someone from hundreds of miles away may support another club, but it does seem a bit disproportionate.

I imagine many of the Fife supporters of Rangers/Celtic may be descendants of miners who came to work the Fife mines. Has their team choice been passed down through the generations?

A question for the likes of the Pars is probably "how do we break that cycle?". It`s great to see initiatives in schools like the one GG mentions on another thread. I support the Pars because I was brought up in Dunfermline, but also because my best pals supported them too.

Back to Rangers - indifferent on the game but part of me hopes they lose as otherwise there`ll be riots across Scotland as the bams start spray painting, singing their daft songs and letting off fireworks/flares.

Not all Rangers fans are antisocial bams, but it feels like all antisocial bams are Rangers (or Celtic) fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:52

Topic Originator: Stanza
Date: Wed 18 May 12:40

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 18 May 11:53

I think it is the 10th time there has been a Scottish club in a European final, since the start of the European Cup in 1956. Not a bad record for a little country, but becoming more difficult each passing year as the rich clubs get richer.
Rangers 1961, 1967, 1972, 2008, 2022
Celtic 1967, 1970, 2003
Aberdeen 1983
Dundee Utd 1987

11 if you count Aberdeen in the super cup final v Hamburg .........

Its actually a great record if you compare it to the likes of Norway/Denmark/Sweden/Belgium and other small European nations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:53

Know a fair few rangers fans who wouldn’t dream of going to a game but just want something to goad and gloat about. Don’t know as many Celtic fans but sure it’s the same on both sides.

The football comes secondary to a large chunk of them. It’s about the flags and trying to wind each other up.

I hope rangers win tonight as can only be good for Scottish football but rather than win gracefully with a bit of class you know the drivel we’ll then be subjected to by them for years to come.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:59

Having booked a "quiet "holiday in the Costa del Sol some years ago, we ended up in the Celtic Seville extravaganza. A fight on the plane to Malaga on the way out, the "rebel" songs started blasting out at 10 in the morning and continued till the dark hours.
Certain pubs were no go because you weren`t of the green persuasion, quietened down when they went off to Seville to see the game.

Was happy to see their greeting faces on the days after the final, I have no affection for either OF sides and I hope Rangers achieve the same fate!

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 14:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:35

I despise them & everything they stand for.

I hope they get beat in the most horrible of ways and make no apology for it.

They are poison.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:43

Absolutely agree da no 1, I hope they get absolutely pumped. Horrible club with a large section of horrible supporters.

Two sevconians I know through work are going. Both are bigots who intend on causing trouble. I hope they don’t tarnish the image of Scottish football fans too badly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 18 May 13:35

They are poison.

Atleast you don’t let them bother you. I hope they win tonight, will be tuning into those clowns on talksport tomorrow morning if they do, who do nothing but run down Scottish football the other 51 weeks of the year. Remember Jamie Ohara saying “Bournemouth is a bigger job than the rangers job” before Gerrard came in..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:58

I`ve heard it said that there are some decent Rangers` fans but I haven`t met either of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:10

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 May 13:58

I`ve heard it said that there are some decent Rangers` fans but I haven`t met either of them.

I usually agree with much of wee eck`s posts, but not this one.

I know lots of Rangers fans, including some members of my family, who are decent people and no different from supporters of any football club, including DAFC. And yes there are lots of entitled heid-the-baw dafties as well.

However, as a club Rangers are hard not to despise - they have yet to issue any sort of apology for the way they acted before, during or after their liquidation, or for their historical de facto ban on Roman Catholic players, or for the behaviour of their fans over many years in towns and cities across Scotland and England.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:19

Stanza, like a lot of my posts it was made in jest. Maybe I should have put a couple of emojis after it. No offence intended.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:20

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Wed 18 May 13:46

Quote:

They are poison.

Atleast you don’t let them bother you. I hope they win tonight, will be tuning into those clowns on talksport tomorrow morning if they do, who do nothing but run down Scottish football the other 51 weeks of the year. Remember Jamie Ohara saying “Bournemouth is a bigger job than the rangers job” before Gerrard came in..

Thats an odd reason to support an institution that actively supports bigotry. Really odd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:24

The only thing Rangers and Celtic bring to Scottish Football is bigotry and sectarianism, awful football clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:24

I loathe the Rangers. But I loathe the Celtic even more. The self-proclaimed " best fans in the world" embody everything i cannot stand about glory hunting fans. Won every trophy for 4 years and still greet when they lose a few games the following year. There`s an arrogance about them. So, perversely, I want the Rangers to win because I know the Celtic will hate it. They can bleat about the Lisbon Lions all they like - it`s ancient history. They`ll be gutted if their rivals win a European trophy. A severe case of schadenfreude that i`ll admit to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:44

Genuine question, I keep hearing it’s good for Scottish football but can someone explain to me how it will be good for our club if rangers win tonight please?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:52

"Genuine question, I keep hearing it’s good for Scottish football but can someone explain to me how it will be good for our club if rangers win tonight please?"

it`s to do with the coefficient. The Rangers and The Celtic get wads of champions league cash to ensure they remain miles ahead of the rest of us.

In exchange other clubs get enough money to keep them afloat for another year. The real carrot however is that the team that finishes 4th or 5th in the premier may get a loss - making, mouth - watering, but ultimately pointless Europa league trip in late July to the team that came 4th in the Moldovan league. Where they will lose and that`s the excitement over for another year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 18 May 14:20

Quote:

Quote:

They are poison.

Thats an odd reason to support an institution that actively supports bigotry. Really odd.

Why is it odd? Our game gets hammered from the English, literally laughed at. One of our teams (whether you like it or not, they are) is in a major European final, despite having a fraction of the budget of other teams who have already been knocked out. The English media won’t be laughing at us in the morning when they win it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:19

A radio station that no-one forces you to listen to employs rentagob ex-players like O`Hara & absolute wallopers like Adrian Durham who`s only purpose is to wind up punters like you that much that it makes you to want Rangers to win a European trophy.

Of course there`s maybe more to it than that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:37

Ofcourse nobody forces me to listen to it, but when you drive for a living it’s handy for football talk to get you through your shift. It’s a simple thing to understand, our game is slated to the high heavens and made out to be 10x worse than it is. Rangers (as Celtic have in the past in Europe, not so much recently) are proving its not as bad as people make out, winning a European trophy will confirm that and end any argument about it being “tin pot”. Enjoy the game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:48

Quote:

dave67, Wed 18 May 12:27

Spanish police have confirmed the arrests of five Germans after halting an attempt by Eintracht Frankfurt hooligans to attack Rangers fans.

Riot cops had to intervene after the Germans, many of them wearing balaclavas to mask their faces, began throwing flares at a large group of Rangers supporters enjoying late-night drinks in Seville.

That doesn`t surprise me too much, Dave. Germany fans were involved in some disgraceful scenes with their England counterparts, some years back, (I think it might have been in Marseilles.) so they`re not averse to getting into a brawl if they find like minded hooligans to fight with.

A number of posters have sought to bring Celtic into this thread, which is just whataboutery, since they`re not playing tonight and their fans do not have anything like as poor a record for violent behaviour as those who follow the Ibrox club. I wasn`t aware until a fellow poster recently pointed out that Celtic fans were given a Fair Play award after their EL final v Porto in Seville in 2003. Apparently, plenty of alcohol was consumed but they were generally good natured even though they lost the game. Rangers last final appearance v Zenit in Manchester, on the other hand..... The celebrations at the weekend with 6 arrests cannot be condoned but it was nothing compared to the behaviour of the Rangers fans in George Square in spite of the restrictions in place during the Covid pandemic.

I`m on record as stating that this is a remarkable achievement by the Rangers players and their manager, who seems like a decent guy, but like Stanza above, I make a distinction when it comes to the club, which is a vile, bigoted institution and those fans (though not all of them) who embrace these same dubious values. If Rangers win, I`ll be pleased for Van Bronckhurst and his players, but I won`t be crying in my beer if they lose.

Some of the fawning behaviour by almost every section of the Scottish media is quite nauseating .

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 18 May 16:48

Some of the fawning behaviour by almost every section of the Scottish media is quite nauseating .

As it was in 2003 , when the last Scottish team played a European Cup final in Seville

8 page pullout in both major newspapers
Both news channels sending reporters across to Spain
Both having it has a lead story

Only difference was the obvious lack of social media at the time........ . .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:05

Northampton v Mansfield for me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:51

We flew out of GLA yesterday morning to Mallorca, lots of Rangers fans, as expected, heading to the game on special charters.

Several of the 1972 Barcelona winning team were passing through the waiting areas, recognised by a few of the older punters.

It was the orange tops that rattle my cage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:53

Seville land of the orange!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:06

Earlier on , I really couldn`t care less abt this game .
Having watched the no class clowns on the Scottish news . I now want to see the Germans give rangers a hammering .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:24

How’s about a double - Eintracht and Hearts ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: piepar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:28

Bittersweet - for friends and family who are rangers supporters- I hope they win

For the knuckle drafters I witnessed in Benalmadina Monday and Tuesday singing their sectarian hatred - I hope they get royally pumped.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 19:32

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Wed 18 May 16:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 18 May 14:20

Quote:

Quote:

They are poison.

Why is it odd? Our game gets hammered from the English, literally laughed at. One of our teams (whether you like it or not, they are) is in a major European final, despite having a fraction of the budget of other teams who have already been knocked out. The English media won’t be laughing at us in the morning when they win it.

Why would anyone care what some people in England think? I`m not sure the English media could care less if Rangers win or lose. It certainly won`t change minds about the quality of Scottish football if Rangers win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 18 May 19:57

I hope Rangers win they are flying the flag for Scottish football
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:14

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 18 May 19:57

I hope Rangers win they are flying the flag for Scottish football

They don`t give a shiny sh1te about Scottish football!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:14

Hope they get absolutely pumped. Awful club and awful people.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathetic  
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:23

SCOTTISH football 🤔 check the amount of Scottish flags flying 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:28

There are more Dutch (or Russian but I suspect they`re upside down Dutch flags) than Scottish...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:29

They are more interested in flying union jacks and Northern Ireland flags. I hope they get pumped. Many rangers fans I know can’t stand Scotland the nation or the national side.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:52

A poor45 mins of footie - ref far too reluctant to use Yellow cards

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:58

Crap game so far. Germans reluctant to get players up the park when they have the ball in The Rangers half. Like a skilful pars v queens park game.
Seriously want The Rangers to get pumped. Horrible club with despicable fans. Such a shame they weren’t left to die in 2012 when their fans couldn’t be @rsed to save them from liquidation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:03

But but but it`s good for Scottish football surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:12

Quote:

vasco, Wed 18 May 20:58

Crap game so far. Germans reluctant to get players up the park when they have the ball in The Rangers half. Like a skilful pars v queens park game.
Seriously want The Rangers to get pumped. Horrible club with despicable fans. Such a shame they weren’t left to die in 2012 when their fans couldn’t be @rsed to save them from liquidation.

The original Gers did die in 2012....this is a
Tribute team formed to satisfy Scotlands appetite for religious bigotry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:27

Frankfurt 0-1 ZombieFC

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:32

Rangers have been brilliant so far
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:34

1-1

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:36

Rangers died and the Pars survived.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:38

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 18 May 21:32

Rangers have been brilliant so far

Bit to obvious
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:52

I hope they get humped as well……….cannot stand them……..Union Jack waving scum……..they’re not interested in being Scottish……..

……….Come the revolution…………get them all to feck !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:23

Crap game gets crappier the longer it continues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:27

Crap comments get crappier the longer they continue.........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:55

LOL
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:55

Brilliant result for Scottish football
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:56

YESSSSS ……………!!!! Great result !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  

Oooh-er! Hard hats on in Sevilla tonight.

[IP address logged]

Zombies oot

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  

Ramsey misses, the black and white team win.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:57

Welsh conspiracy 😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:57

WAHAHAHA !!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:58

`Alan McGregor is the best keeper for saving penalties...`

PMSL

Aye, the one per season he has to face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:59

I watched the game and thought that I didn`t really care.

Then I saw the Rangers fans crying and it made me smile, so deep down I do care!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:59

Superb! Trapp is an unbelievable keeper
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:03

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Wed 18 May 22:59

I watched the game and thought that I didn`t really care.

Then I saw the Rangers fans crying and it made me smile, so deep down I do care!

Pity Sammy wasn`t there to give some of the bhoys a wee Bear hug.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:06

Seriously, though, watching the Rangers fans is comedy gold. They should make a DVD of their greetin faces. I would pay good money for that and I don`t even have a DVD player.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:06

Shame all the money the Sevco fans spent going to Seville wasn’t spent saving Rangers from liquidation. Hope Seville survives them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:11

Rangers were unlucky and despite despising them I found myself rooting for them at the end.

Glad they lost though as I have just found out that Murdo queens eleven Fraser and another cuckoo in Holyroods nest by the name of Dean Lockhart both skived off work to go to Seville.

GIRFU…🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:13

I actually almost fell sorry for them but then I remember that the Old Firm have been shafting the smaller Scottish teams for decades. They hate everyone, laugh at our misfortunes and generally look down their nose at us. So now they know how we feel. Not good to see wee kids crying and that but I’m sure they’ll live. Good luck to the people of Seville tonight as surely the facade of rangers fans being a great bunch will slip. We all know what they are truly like. Scotlands shame.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:15

A Tory MP and a Rangers fan Just add cannibal and necrophile and they would have a full house!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:17

To start with I was fairly neutral as to who I wanted to win but when Rangers scored the enormity of what they were close achieving sunk in switched to being firmly behind Frankfurt.
With this result neither of the ugly sisters have longterm bragging rights over the other just like neither of them achieved ten in a row.
No such doubts over Saturday`s result. Hopefully Hearts can see Rangers end the season trophy less.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:17

Makes it all the sweeter ……………I hope Fraser and Lockhart were greeting too……scum…………

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:18

VIVA E SPANIA LA LA LALA LA LAAAA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:18

It seems they live rent free inside many peoples head
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:19

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 18 May 23:18

It seems they live rent free inside many peoples head

Terrible social media patter.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:28

55 League titles says otherwise 🤔

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 23:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:31

I understand you are hurting, but there is no need for that.
Onwards and upwards! Your team is only a few years old so they did well to go get that far.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:37

It is a remarkable achievement for such a young club. But how much in debt is it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:39

Beautiful just beautiful, deserve everything they get that club brings an ugly side of their supporters out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:50

Always remember for 80-90%of Rangers and Celtic fans support their teams because of Religion ,nothing more or less .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 23:59

I think it was a particularly nice touch that their “marquee” signing missed the penalty…….. I hope their efforts haven’t been in vein though and the main benefactor of their success has a great run in the champions league next season…….although I sincerely hope rangers get knocked out in the first qualifying round !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 00:02

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 18 May 23:28

55 League titles says otherwise 🤔

GIRFUY

The manner of the defeat was very pleasing. I don`t need pundits on talksport or tory politicians to make my mind up. I`m glad they lost. They give absolutely nothing to Scottish football.

Post Edited (Thu 19 May 00:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 19 May 00:24

Policies Sevilla confirm there has been a total of 89 arrests today with 11 being German nationals, 34 Scottish nationals, 38 English nationals and 5 other nationalities. We hope for no more, enjoy the occasion and city please. 🍊🇪🇸

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 19 May 03:12

I was flying home tonight from holiday so didn’t see the game.
I did ask the stewardess to ask the pilot if he could find out the score?
It certainly made the flight home a lot easier.
There was a full kit rangers wankr on the flight too. 😂🙈

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 19 May 06:00

I also thought the rangers fans were poor last night too. For all their numbers they seemed very quiet. Well, until the scores. Then they gave us a rendition of the cry was no surrender. Interesting that in their greatest ever moment their minds went straight to their usual hatred and intolerance. This is why it’s hard to feel anything but amusement at their failure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 06:31

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 19 May 00:24

Policies Sevilla confirm there has been a total of 89 arrests today with 11 being German nationals, 34 Scottish nationals, 38 English nationals and 5 other nationalities. We hope for no more, enjoy the occasion and city please. 🍊🇪🇸

38 English nationals? Were they in Seville for the game or were they arrested on a family sight seeing holiday? If they were going to the game, who were they supporting and why?

Answers on a post card, please.

One Rangers fan on the BBC before the game volunteered that he`d paid the equivalent of £1740 for a ticket. At least, with ET and penalties, he got his monies worth. 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 07:00

Still, reaching a major European final is a huge achievement for a ten year old club. Can’t take that away from them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 19 May 07:41

Quote:

General Zod, Thu 19 May 06:00

I also thought the rangers fans were poor last night too. For all their numbers they seemed very quiet. Well, until the scores. Then they gave us a rendition of the cry was no surrender. Interesting that in their greatest ever moment their minds went straight to their usual hatred and intolerance. This is why it’s hard to feel anything but amusement at their failure.

To be honest I got the impression while watching BT Sports, that they did some kind of trickery with the microphones recording the crowd noise, for a while just before kick off you could hear them pretty clearly singing The Sash, as it got up to the "up to our knees" bit it suddenly stopped and was replaced by a kind of generic crowd noise like you would get on FIFA or something
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 08:16

Quote:

Never10yairds, Thu 19 May 07:00

Still, reaching a major European final is a huge achievement for a ten year old club. Can’t take that away from them.

Who`s trying to?

Delighted they lost. Happy days!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 19 May 08:22

"38 English nationals? Were they in Seville for the game or were they arrested on a family sight seeing holiday? If they were going to the game, who were they supporting and why?"

They were camping nearby and went to complain about the noise :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 09:33

Quite possibly they may have been West Ham fans who had booked the trip at the semi final stage.
Fortunately predictions of large scale crowd disorder appear to not to have materialised. The numbers arrested seem quite low considering this was the biggest travelling support in the history of the European club game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 13:56

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 19 May 09:33

Quite possibly they may have been West Ham fans who had booked the trip at the semi final stage.
Fortunately predictions of large scale crowd disorder appear to not to have materialised. The numbers arrested seem quite low considering this was the biggest travelling support in the history of the European club game.

That`s what I hoped for, thousands travelled over cost them a fortune and took a sound pounding...Happy day`s
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 15:40

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 19 May 00:24

Sky news tweeting that there was one arrest. A German national.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 19 May 16:30

"Quite possibly they may have been West Ham fans who had booked the trip at the semi final stage.
Fortunately predictions of large scale crowd disorder appear to not to have materialised. The numbers arrested seem quite low considering this was the biggest travelling support in the history of the European club game."

more than manchester?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 16:32

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 19 May 09:33

That`s a good shout TOWK, maybe throw in a few Chelsea fans who hopped over to unite with their likeminded Scottish cousins. And yes, I`m pleased my fears were unfounded and there weren`t too many arrests. Unfortunately, that would have reflected badly on the whole of Scotland rather than just Rangers, as foreign nationals would be unlikely to make any distinctions.

There was certainly a huge influx of fans for the game but 100k sounds like a large, round and most impressive figure. Even Sellick fans didn`t claim to have had that many in 2003. Perhaps it`s just a case of anything you can do?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 16:53

Quote:

vasco, Wed 18 May 23:37

It is a remarkable achievement for such a young club. But how much in debt is it?

A lot less looking at the predictions the bean counters are quoting for being runners up in the Europa Cup.

A nice little earner in Seville.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net