DAFC.net
Home 05 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player sponsorship event
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 11 May 14:04

Does anyone know when this event will take place this year?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player sponsorship event
Date:   Tue 17 May 09:57

Guessing not, I have emailed the club a few times but no reply. The players are now away on holiday too...

Thought it would have been different to the past few seasons after not having it due to covid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parca_Par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 10:10

Received an email from Matt about this last Friday. This year’s event was cancelled due to covid restrictions but there are plans to have one at the start of next season to replace it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:20

This seasons? What restrictions? Every other club has managed it. I already think our package is poor compared to most clubs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:22

How can you even have one at the start of the season when most of the players wont even be at the club?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 17 May 11:55

Strange all the other clubs are managing to have one. Are these covid restrictions Dunfermline specific?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:00

My days of sponsoring players are sadly gone after receiving nothing at all season before last from my DT23 sponsorship. The season before that i sponsored Ryan Scully and received a dirty creased goalie top in a tiny envelope shoved through my door months after the seasons end and not even signed , i appreciate scully left before the end of the season but surely another keeper or manager could have at least signed it.
I also paid for a brick with family name on in the tunnel which never materialised either, sorry but if that’s how paying fans are treated then no more extras from me i’m afraid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:01

other clubs, Including SPL clubs have similar pricing (or cheaper) and include the tops being framed and signed (last year I got one bunged in a DPD bag delivered.. never even had the name on it the shirt (the shirts are on sale at the time of the season for £10) Or a meal/even night, invited to game etc

Not even a wee social media mention for the people/businesses, mabe its only the big businesses/people that can afford it that get looked after

Prob why there are so many players without sponsorship

I know its more about getting money into the club and should not expect much but it always feel like we are being short changed.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:02

Parsfangaz - completely agree! I was the same last season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:07

Maybe something the SLO could look into?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:10

Have been considering player sponsorship from my business this coming season and have sponsored players years ago (just as a fan before I started my business), then it was actually pretty good, you got to meet your player, shirt was signed by pretty much the whole squad and handed over in person, invited to game as guest of the club etc. I’ll be asking a good few questions of the club before I decide to proceed. I’d be looking for a few shout outs for the business throughout the season and a couple of other nice wee touches.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:13

Sadly there really seems to be a wedge between fan engagement and the club the now.. the only ones benefiting it seems is the business 1885 members, I understand they put a fair amount more into the club (but they also get a fair amount more back in return) It would be good to feel valued as a small business too (if I could afford to put more in I would)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:33

I had similar experiences a few years back. I sponsored different players for 5 seasons, the sponsors event was always the day after the last away game,( well, the first three years were!) Then it was changed to a tuesday night, then a wednesday or thursday ! That was it for me !
I even had SIX local Swiss friends paying £900 (including me) We got told about a week before when the event(sponsors night) would take place, not very convenient for people in other countries, having to take time off work to attend this function. One of the guys sponsored someone`s boots, and received nothing !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 12:48

I have sent an email to SLO, I am not sure if there is someone at the club who look at the advertising etc but think it could do with a review (not just for selling the £x,xxx AMOUNT PACKAGES)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 13:02

It is sad to read about the poor experiences that fans are having with our club. Something really is amiss at East End these days. The focus appears to have been too skewed towards collecting the money, while failing to provide good services on and off the pitch.

Compare and contrast with the `80s when the stadium was full, the club was successful and we had the likes of Karen Grega running club marketing.

Let`s hope our new CEO addresses these concerns.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 13:04

There is obviously a disconnect between the club and it’s fans on this issue, perhaps this will be looked at In the round as part of things that perhaps the club is not very good at to ascertain where improvements can be made

The feedback that’s being provided shows there is scope to make changes so that those who wish to contribute a bit extra to this vital source of income are not left to feel they have not had value for money

From the short time that I have spent with our new CEO I have been impressed by his can do approach and the realisation that some things can be done better
I also think that the decision to make Jim Leishman the supporters ambassador to work with David Cook is a positive move which can only produce positive results

What people should really do when they are unhappy is to contact the club directly and wait for an answer in the first instance before having a largely negative thread on here

Drew Main is the fans conduit to the board and he will raise issues on your behalf, the answers you want don’t always come back however at least points can be raised and addressed

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 13:10

I have sent Andrew an email, hopefully I will get a reply. Emails
Direct to the club have not been answered.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 17 May 19:04

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 17 May 13:10

Emails direct to the club have not been answered.

I`ve seen this comment several times in connection with a range of topics/enquiries/complaints.

Assuming that it`s correct, it`s something that needs addressed urgently - good communication with the fanbase is vital, especially at this time when so many fans feel disaffected. One more plate for the new CEO/Chairman to keep spinning.

I don`t think though that it`s an emphasis on collecting extra income for the club that`s to blame for communication failures - most of the additional fundraising activity is done by volunteers, who are all pretty good at communication.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 17 May 19:52

I don`t wish this to sound rude, but are people emailing the correct addresses?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 17 May 20:01

With respect OzPar - and speaking as a fan of fifty years standing - I cannot recall EEP ever being packed out. The last time I remember it happening (almost) was the epic Sammy the Tank Raith Rovers game. Other than that I remember good crowds during the Leishman era at some Old Firm games - one Cup tie against Rangers in particular - but generally the average never got above 7000 at best. Or, am I wrong?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:02

Certainly the boom time was under Leishman so glad that he is going to be involved with the fans. The crowds below during his first tenure reach the highest average in the clubs history from a very low baseline, before the crazy decision to rearrange the management structure when crowds dropped again.

85/86 - 2872
86/87 - 4145
87/88 - 9245
88/89 - 6605
89/90 - 10705

We certainly need the fans to be reengaged with the club, we have a big fanbase out there and certainly that seems to have been taken for granted in recent years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:13

It`s sad how badly fans are treated with all the backing they give. You would think with `Good Pars Men` on the board they would be wanting to keep fans on side. The very least the club could do is make sponsors aware this event is not going ahead rather than people having to email them to find out what`s happening.

You look at Motherwell and how much they look after their supporters. This season I`m sure they offered free season tickets to fans who purchased a season ticket during covid but gave fans the option to donate, which I`d imagine many would have. For next season they`re offering free season tickets to unemployed and low income families. That`s fantastic and yet again fans are willing to donate to help the cause and hope to see their stadium`s attendance increase.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:14

Quote:

RossF, Tue 17 May 21:13

It`s sad how badly fans are treated with all the backing they give. You would think with `Good Pars Men` on the board they would be wanting to keep fans on side. The very least the club could do is make sponsors aware this event is not going ahead rather than people having to email them to find out what`s happening.

You look at Motherwell and how much they look after their supporters. This season I`m sure they offered free season tickets to fans who purchased a season ticket during covid but gave fans the option to donate, which I`d imagine many would have. For next season they`re offering free season tickets to unemployed and low income families. That`s fantastic and yet again fans are willing to donate to help the cause and hope to see their stadium`s attendance increase.

Easy for Motherwell who take in PL TV money and additional revenue
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:52

That’s a really interesting point Par, I had no idea average crowds went that high, it was before my time. My first pars memories were in the Bert Paton era. My dad stopped going after Leish went and didn’t return until Bert was appointed and then started taking me.

I wonder if you brought dick Campbell in and we got back to back promotions (as leish did) could we hit 10,000 average crowds? My gut feeling is we’d top out around 7,000-8,000 but I have been wrong before (once, many years ago).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 21:52

You`re missing the point. They look after their fans and receive donations from fans who acknowledge this. We can`t even organise an event for fans who sponsor players. Surely you would admit things could be handled better.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 22:13

The club used to treat player sponsors well RossF when I did it years ago. I don’t know what they are playing at these days from what you guys are saying. It seems insane you’d treat them so badly, these people who are kicking a bit of extra cash into the club.

It would cost the club nothing to treat them well. Give them shoutouts on social media, over the tannoy, whatever.

It would cost nothing to get the player to give them a signed matchworn shirt in person (as they used to do).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Tue 17 May 22:35

The club being absolutely shyte at communicating and not valuing those putting money into the club coffers? Surely not?

Don’t sponsor a player personally but this is poor reading this. Once again COVID seems to have been used as an excuse.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 22:43

Exactly Never10Yairds. It`s not difficult and doesn`t have to be costly to make fans feel valued. When you see people that used to work with the club heavily criticise how we are ran and how we are `rotten top to bottom` sets off alarm bells. I even heard Steven Mill criticise the club this season on a podcast and I believe he still does work behind the scenes. The way the club has been run recently is the main reason we are where we are. Things have to get better. I hope our new Chairman can steer us in the right direction.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 May 23:08

It is a shame that Covid has been used as an excuse so often where many other clubs/businesses used it as an excuse to think outside the box.. I seen a few that could not hold the event last year have the players send a personal video to their sponsor etc....

For £200 to literally get a top in the post does not scream value for money to me.

Even my 5 year old is asking me what is happening about meeting the players, my own fault for opening my mouth.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:26

Received my email reply from Drew this morning, to summarise.

There was an official email sent out to everyone to say that the events had been cancelled due to covid protocols outlined by the SPFL/SCOTTISH FA, although understandable, we must be the only club actually following these.

They are hoping to have an event for the start of the season

My points will get passed over to David Cook, who has a commercial background so will hopefully be able to put some effort into this kind of thing.

Good to get a reply from Drew never the less

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 09:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 18 May 09:38

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 18 May 09:26

Received my email reply from Drew this morning, to summarise.

There was an official email sent out to everyone to say that the events had been cancelled due to covid protocols outlined by the SPFL/SCOTTISH FA, although understandable, we must be the only club actually following these.

They are hoping to have an event for the start of the season

My points will get passed over to David Cook, who has a commercial background so will hopefully be able to put some effort into this kind of thing.

Good to get a reply from Drew never the less

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 09:27)

Absolute nonsense from the club. Not surprising though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 18 May 10:04

Feels like a lot of things with the Club just now that needs a complete refresh/overhaul. Thinking hospitality, bar offerings, comms, website, social media etc.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 10:08

Basically A marketing manager or Business Development manager

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:17

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 18 May 10:08

Basically A marketing manager or Business Development manager

I don`t disagree. But hiring a good professional Marketing/Business Development Manager could mean two fewer players in the squad, unless additional money is found from somewhere.

This at a time when the club has just replaced its unpaid Chairman/CEO with someone on a good salary (plus overheads).

Nothing is straightforward!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:27

A good business development manager should pay his/her wages back and more..

Even a committee where ideas etc like this get flung about

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:46

Cook seems like exactly what we need. If he is successful, he should more than cover his wage.

I`m not sure what we could do, but I would love to see more Pars tops around Dunfermline if nothing else.

As for the stadium, I wasn`t old enough to be there in the 80s, but perhaps it seemed fuller as it was primarily standing?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 12:46

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 18 May 12:27

A good business development manager should pay his/her wages back and more..

True, but it`s also true of a good football manager!

Not every appointment works out as hoped for, and the costs rack up if it doesn`t work out. That`s fine if it`s someone else`s money, but whoever is paying the wages has to make the judgments.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 May 09:00

Got my top today, Although was the wrong top. I am thinking that because I sponsored the manager (Grant then Yogi) they gave me someone else top that did not have anyone so ended up with Ross Grahams lol. Might not get this years framed lol!.

I really need to stop sponsoring the manager the last 3 out of 4 have left the season I have done lol!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Mon 23 May 14:33

Ever since Mikey left , all the commercial side of things has gone a bit wrong.. as general manager and a big fan of the club he was very good, always there to be seen and doing an extra bit.

I remember I took my Canadian cousin into the club shop one weekday to get a shirt and asked Matt if Mikey was kicking about, see if we could go down pitch side, he rightly obliged and took us down and even into the changing rooms etc.

Good bloke.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 23 May 16:28

The stock in the club shop is very poor , any extra funding should be going to that .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:29

Pretty sure the p&p on online store items could be reduced. The shop has limited opening hours so online shop + delivery is probably preferable.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net